More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 May 02, 11:25:20

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6513 Members
Latest Member: Linnie
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  Graduating more than one sim at a time . . . Is it possible??
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Graduating more than one sim at a time . . . Is it possible??  (Read 5436 times)
twistingsims
Dimwitted Dunce

*peeks*

View Profile
Graduating more than one sim at a time . . . Is it possible??
« on: 2007 August 08, 23:07:16 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Huh

Just wondering if it is possible, if not, is there a mod out there that might?  I did check this forum for any discussions regarding this topic.

Thanks

J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
Re: Graduating more than one sim at a time . . . Is it possible??
« Reply #1 on: 2007 August 09, 00:06:35 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Answer: Nope, not at this time, and with Uni being kind of a neglected child, it's not likely to be made.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
sewinglady
Irritating Ignoramus

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2007 August 09, 00:58:24 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Since graduation from University is the game equivalent of a birthday, I don't believe there's a way for two or more sims to graduate simultaneously.

If there's a birthday hack out there where you can have multiple sim birthdays simultaneously, then maybe possible...but not something I'm aware of.

Also there's actually two separate occasions that happen when a sim 'graduates'.  Multiple sims can return from the 8th semester exam at the same time and technically, they have graduated simultaneously.

However, the act of moving them back to the neighborhood is where they morph into the full adult state and only one sim can do that at one time.

Duchess
gali
Crazy Lollipop
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2007 August 09, 01:25:56 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

"Since graduation from University is the game equivalent of a birthday, I don't believe there's a way for two or more sims to graduate simultaneously." [sewinglady].

What do you do when you have twins? You buy 2 birthday cakes, and they blow out the candles one after another.

So, the birthday cake is the importabt factor in multiple birthdays (graduations?).

But we don't have a birthday cake when the students graduate, and therefore it's impossible to graduate more than one student at a time.

May be, if some modder will include the birthday cake in the graduation "ritual" (party) - he will enable the graduation of more than one sim. But, it demands brand new programming of the event.

I think you can write EAxis, and ask for an update of the graduation ritual, including the birthday cake, and enable by that graduation of multiple students. 

Brookemz
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2007 August 09, 03:23:43 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I've graduated more than one sim at a time....I sent twins to college.....I just threw two different graduation parties for them, though I could've just moved them back the 'hood.
Paperbladder
Paperian Heretic
Lipless Loser

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2007 August 09, 03:28:57 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

IIRC, If two people are born on the same day then at 6:00p they will both have their Age Transitions triggered.  I don't know if it'll be sequential or simultaneous for the Age up animation though.  Uni's a little bit more difficult to Sync without using cheats since it's judged by the hour, not the day.

If you skip the Grad Party, or use some other party then they might be able to use the same Taxi to go home (Considering the hours till graduation are the same).  I never actually have done this though and haven't played Uni since it came out.
Baron
Marhis
Terrible Twerp

ISTP. Officially male since she plays MUDs

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2007 August 09, 03:40:51 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I interpret the topic as graduation = launch grad party and/or move out and return to neighborhood, because there are the only things that cannot be done by more than one sim at once.

If you try to move out another sim while the first one is still on its way to the taxi, you'll get a message telling you that you can't, and you have to wait until the first sim is completely moved out.
Also, no more than 1 grad party at once may be thrown in the same lot, just like any other party. I think it's because of the party controller: there can't be more in the same lot at once.

I say that a wise, when he does not know what he is talking about, should know enough to keep his mouth shut. -- C. Collodi, Pinocchio.
------
The one and only Rhayden's AIDE. Accept no substitutes.
twistingsims
Dimwitted Dunce

*peeks*

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 2007 August 10, 22:21:38 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Sad damn, that's what I figured!

I can see why they can only graduate one Sim at a time, same as the birthday scenarios.  However, I do seem to remember that before OFB or Pets, (can't remember which one now), that any other Sims that were finished at the same time and you invited them to the grad party, they would come in their grad suits, even to the point they would continue to wear that same suit until you played them again or made them playable.   Roll Eyes

Now I don't know if that part was removed over time or if I have a mod that stops it, but I don't think I do.  I do have JMP's clothes hack, but I removed the part were I could choose their adult clothing before returning to the neighborhood.

It does remind me thou of the other things we lost as other expansions were added, like everyone at the party taking a piece of birthday cake and that very cool greeting we used to get before UNI !  Cry

Thanks for all your help, I do appreciate it!!  Grin
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: