More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 May 13, 13:32:45

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540274 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6514 Members
Latest Member: Llama
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  Help Decide JMP's Fate ...
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Poll
Question: What Should Happen to JMP (almost Deceased)
Teleport in Cassandra or Komei to plead with the Reaper
Have him resurrected as a pregnant zombie
Have him resurrected with his character reversed - make him ultra-lazy and ultra-nice!
Let the years go by and put his daughter into the Paranormal Career (be a while, she's only 9)
Remove the SS hack and let things run their natural, unhacked course ...

Pages: [1] 2 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Help Decide JMP's Fate ...  (Read 10646 times)
Ancient Sim
Dead Member

Back from the dead ...

View Profile WWW
Help Decide JMP's Fate ...
« on: 2006 March 22, 05:48:04 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

OK, it's like this.  JMP is pregnant with the first alien sprog in my new Pleasantview since I restarted 3 months ago (and then only because of TwoJeffs abduction mod slightly increasing the odds, I shouldn't wonder).  Anyway, a few hours after he sprouted he was so insistent on pushing a stranger on the swing that he failed to realise he was desperately in need of sustenance (I refuse to tell them to eat, if they are stupid enough to prefer to push people on swings).  He finally decides to serve chilli con carne, but as soon as he'd put one bowl on the table, he expired.  I re-enabled save and he is now dead on the floor with the Reaper beside him.  His young daughter is due home from school in an hour and his wife returns from work an hour after that. 

As I have the SS hack in, the Social Worker won't come for the kid ... unless, of course, I take it out for 'drama' reasons ... wife comes home to dead husband, no child and psychiatrist, that sort of thing.  I'm certainly not letting him stay dead, not when he's carrying an alien, but it's how to bring him back.  His wife can't officially go into the Paranormal career because she's never been to Uni, although I could of course put her in it unofficially.  However, one of the former fellow-residents of the hippy commune he used to live in is in it, so she could resurrect him.  I don't think she has the career reward yet, but she should have it soon.  If he's resurrected he'd go back to being a new adult, so he'd be around a lot longer (not sure his enemies would be happy about that, though).  Another option would be to teleport in one of his few best friends (I can only think of Cassandra & Komei offhand), but that's full-scale cheating ...

As you can see, this is a major decision and needs expert opinions.  I should add that the ready cash in the Pescado household was $19,000 until Mrs P. went to work.  Unfortunately, she lost half of it by making a bad deal (she's the Mayor), so now they're down to $9,000.  When she gets home, there'll be enough to pay for a full resurrection with a teeny bit left over, but is that really the right thing for JM???

Some favourite Sim thingies:  Film:  Lord of the Sims; Song: Losing My Sim by SIM; Book: Interview With the Sim by Sim Rice; Smell: Fried Simions; Colour: Simple.
Duchess
gali
Crazy Lollipop
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
Re: Help Decide JMP's Fate ...
« Reply #1 on: 2006 March 22, 05:51:09 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

You lost, Ancient - we like JMP too much...Smiley

Edit:  may be the only one who will plea for JMP's life...Smiley

fixed, Blue...Smiley

« Last Edit: 2006 March 22, 11:57:56 by gali » Logged
BlueSoup
Super-Deformed Bobblehead
Vacuous Vegetable

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2006 March 22, 05:53:51 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Meh.  Don't know if *love* is the right word.  More like, fake him out to get the good hacks.  Grin

I voted to bring him back with his character reversed, but will he still have his alien spawn that way?  I never play zombies, so I have no idea how they work.
MissDoh
Retarded Reprobate

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2006 March 22, 05:56:22 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The last option is to cruel.... for you   Tongue

Option 3 sound the best.  Hey when you go to Sim Heaven odd things can definitely happen  Grin

EDIT:  Did I said Sim heaven... geee I meant Sim Hell   Cheesy
« Last Edit: 2006 March 22, 08:04:54 by MissDoh » Logged
Andygal
Deformed Freak
Nitwitted Nuisance

Now with new and improved avatar!

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2006 March 22, 05:57:49 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I voted to have him ressurected with his personality reversed.

Come on the idea is just too funny to pass up.
Motoki
Lord of the Nannies
Uncouth Undesirable

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2006 March 22, 05:58:29 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I like that one too. Of them all, it's by far the worst toture for him. Just imagine Pescado trying to hug everything that moves!

In communist China Peggy's hairs cut you!
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2006 March 22, 05:59:17 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Yes, but if you make me ultra lazy, I won't have the energy to fix the site. Then where will you be, hrm?

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
Motoki
Lord of the Nannies
Uncouth Undesirable

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 2006 March 22, 06:01:27 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

But it wouldn't be very nice not to fix it now would it? Wink

In communist China Peggy's hairs cut you!
DMDye
Corpulent Cretin

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 2006 March 22, 06:04:08 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

It depends if you want to torture him or not.

If not: Options 1, 2, 3.

If yes: Options: 3, 2, 1!

I have a soft spot for JM, grouchy and all (after all, he is *More Awesome*) - so I would go with 1.

LOL, I voted! Sorry, JM, this one is winning:
Have him resurrected with his character reversed - make him ultra-lazy and ultra-nice!
BlueSoup
Vacuous Vegetable

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 2006 March 22, 06:04:59 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Oh. Pwned by Motoki, Pescado!  Tongue
Ellatrue
Terrible Twerp

ENFP, by popular request.

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 2006 March 22, 06:12:40 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I like the idea of JM as a Zombie.

Zoltan
Retarded Reprobate

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 2006 March 22, 06:28:23 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

zombie....and pregnant...YES!   Grin
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 2006 March 22, 06:29:41 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

But it wouldn't be very nice not to fix it now would it? Wink
The thing with not having energy is that nothing else matters when you don't have any fuel.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
Ancient Sim
Dead Member

Back from the dead ...

View Profile WWW
« Reply #13 on: 2006 March 22, 06:32:55 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

OK, well how about you come back ultra-lazy and ultra-nice, but somehow my mouse slips (debug mode) and the Active bar sort of moves forward a bit (or a lot)Huh  It would only be a temporary change anyway, you're far too funny just as you are.

Some favourite Sim thingies:  Film:  Lord of the Sims; Song: Losing My Sim by SIM; Book: Interview With the Sim by Sim Rice; Smell: Fried Simions; Colour: Simple.
DMDye
Corpulent Cretin

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: 2006 March 22, 06:37:20 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

OMG, JM!! You seem to have intimate knowlege of ever being or having:  PMS, Depression, Anemia, Pregnancy or sick with with the Flu!

Care to enlighten us?!?!?!
liegenschonheit
Garrulous Gimp

Mmmm...brains

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: 2006 March 22, 06:38:20 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I say pregnant zombie. It really is the best solution. You get an alien baby, a zombie and JMP back in your game. And you can never go wrong when there are zombies involved.
Ancient Sim
Dead Member

Back from the dead ...

View Profile WWW
« Reply #16 on: 2006 March 22, 07:20:13 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I've been thinking and I honestly don't know if I can let him go, because he's such an integral part of the neighbourhood just as he is!  I might have to teleport Cassandra in (they bring each other home from work practically every day anyway and when they're not at work they're calling round).  Thing is, JM doesn't normally behave like this and I was amazed to see him ignore the fact that he was hungry, he's never done that before.  I can only assume it's the pregnancy that's making him behave so oddly.  That's what you get from staring through telescopes when TwoJeffs has been fiddling with the controls, I suppose ...

Then again, having just seen the last post (while I was typing this), I can see the attractions of the zombie angle ... he needn't stay one forever, just a little while ... purely for academic reasons of course, to see what a bearded zombie looks like.

DMDye
Corpulent Cretin

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: 2006 March 22, 07:32:27 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

But, but... will he be able to carry his baby to term; being a Zombie?
sanmonroe
Circus Freak
Lipless Loser

Hates Furries.

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: 2006 March 22, 07:38:36 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Lets hope he is a preggie zombie forever!!!

When you do something because of the internet that is wrong.
When you make love to a man in a giraffe outfit.
When you discover you masterbated online to a picture of a relative.

Webcest.
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: 2006 March 22, 07:46:34 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

OK, well how about you come back ultra-lazy and ultra-nice, but somehow my mouse slips (debug mode) and the Active bar sort of moves forward a bit (or a lot)Huh  It would only be a temporary change anyway, you're far too funny just as you are.
Or you could just leave me dead.

Necromancy is bad, m'kay?

DMDye
Corpulent Cretin

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: 2006 March 22, 07:52:37 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

We *love* you too much to leave you dead, JM!! You, Most Awesome One!  Grin

If you are revived, it's not 'quite' necromancy!!
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: 2006 March 22, 09:19:03 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Isn't that pretty much the definition of necromancy? I'm pretty sure resurrecting the dead is definitely necromancy.

DrBeast
Pinheaded Pissant

Still they're marching on...

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: 2006 March 22, 09:34:34 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Isn't that pretty much the definition of necromancy? I'm pretty sure resurrecting the dead is definitely necromancy.

Raise Dead and Resurrection are both classified under Necromancy spells. Don't remember about Animate Dead though, it's a spell I never even considered using lest my Lawful Good priest suddenly felt a divine lightning bolt surging through his body. The definition of necromancy is a bit different though. It's a greek word actually, and it defines the act of communicating with the dead to divine things. Oh, I haven't voted yet btw, I'm still searcing the forum to find out what the hell happpened two days ago and the site went kaboom!

Let the Beast inside you free!
BlueSoup
Vacuous Vegetable

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: 2006 March 22, 09:36:31 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Oh, I haven't voted yet btw, I'm still searcing the forum to find out what the hell happpened two days ago and the site went kaboom!

Josh, the server owner, aka ManagerJosh from www.worldsims.org was given a very specific command to type to delete a junk directory that Pescado wanted deleted.  He then had a brain fart and deleted everything but.

It took Pescado a couple of days to piece together the site which was backed up on the same server and also deleted.  The forum was saved because it's saved on the forum database.
DrBeast
Pinheaded Pissant

Still they're marching on...

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: 2006 March 22, 09:42:13 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Yah, I was here when the site crashed, happily browsing the threads and replying and stuff when all of a sudden the site went "WOOF!" (no, not as in how can you make a cat go "woof", but close). Let me tell you, my computer almost paid the price when I saw all those Page Not Found and Access Denied that were popping up at first!

Let the Beast inside you free!
Pages: [1] 2 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: