More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 May 06, 19:34:03

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540274 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6513 Members
Latest Member: Linnie
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  What's the best stories you've read?
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: What's the best stories you've read?  (Read 17088 times)
Renatus
Nitwitted Nuisance

View Profile
Re: What's the best stories you've read?
« Reply #25 on: 2005 September 06, 14:46:47 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Whee, thanks! This dlooks like it has the potential for a LOT of amusement. I am interested in seeing your tweaks, and I think I'll make some of my own as well... perhaps making them all romance sims for the duration, then once the challenge is all over, changing them to whatever suits their personalities and interests best.

Baroness
cwieberdink
Retarded Reprobate

Dark and evil penguins!

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: 2005 September 06, 21:40:49 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Here's the link for the batchelor/batchelorette challenge.
http://bbs.thesims2.ea.com/community/bbs/messages.php?&openItemID=&threadID=031a419c4f27c583acce60268b0a3626&directoryID=22&startRow=1#5280cd68b75d4c5c7eb74c4675171fa9

I've played it a few times, and it is always totally hilarious. I did modify the rules somewhat; basically, during the "dates" I try to give my sims some time to initiate their own interactions, and I fiddled a bit with the required interactions. I should post my modifications, I guess.

I just started writing a story based on the challenge; the first episode is nearly done.

Okay, I'm still working on my ISBI challenge.... 1 gen is in permaplat and the next gen is about to graduate from Uni.... but this looks like a total RIOT!  I'm definitely gonna try this one and since it's short, it will hold my attention.... <mumbles> adhd and all.... <muttering>

edit to add:  what about jealousy?  I thought if sims were on the lot they would get jealous with a love relationship.  Rohina, did you play with the romance/jealousy mod in place?  Since there wouldn't be a committed relationship.....

C

Darkerdink -- aide to Dark_Trepie.  Now with moar dark!
Marchioness
rohina
Horny Turkey
Grammar Police

"So MEAN!"

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: 2005 September 07, 01:24:55 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Whee, thanks! This dlooks like it has the potential for a LOT of amusement. I am interested in seeing your tweaks, and I think I'll make some of my own as well... perhaps making them all romance sims for the duration, then once the challenge is all over, changing them to whatever suits their personalities and interests best.

No! Totally don't! The romance sims don't always do the best, and it's much more fun to watch the interactions with sims of differents personalities. Remember, romance sims hate committment, and the object of the challenge is ostensibly to create a couple. If you wanted to narrow it down, then I would make a maximum of 3 romance sims. If your single is romance, he/she is quite likely to surprise you by picking a sim of a different aspiration.

Marchioness
rohina
Horny Turkey
Grammar Police

"So MEAN!"

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: 2005 September 07, 01:33:46 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

edit to add:  what about jealousy?  I thought if sims were on the lot they would get jealous with a love relationship.  Rohina, did you play with the romance/jealousy mod in place?  Since there wouldn't be a committed relationship.....

No, I didn't use a jealousy mod; the sims only get jealous if they see an interaction like flirting.  I was just careful to have a "date" room, and sent the other sims off to the shower or whatever until it was their turn. Of course, I did have a few slapfests because of spontaneous flirting. It's part of the fun. One of the modifications of the rules I made was to do with this. I found that often after a sim was voted out, the batchelor/ette would suddenly want to be friends or flirt with him/her. When there was a relationship meltdown because of jealousy, I used the option of bringing back a previous suitor, if he/she had a higher score than any of those remaining in the house. Hope that makes sense.

Marchioness
rohina
Horny Turkey
Grammar Police

"So MEAN!"

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: 2005 September 07, 05:38:56 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I just put the first episode of my batchelorette story up. Here's the link.
http://thesims2.ea.com/exchange/story_detail.php?asset_id=52134

I so want more people to play this challenge because it is so funny.

Carmelita
Feckless Fool

View Profile
« Reply #30 on: 2005 September 07, 06:21:31 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

After reading this thread I decided to take a short break on my Legacy story and give the Bachelorette thing a shot.  So far so good!  I just kicked my first suitor and I think I'm gonna like this one.   Smiley  I'll read your album, rohina.

For someone who has nothing to complain about,
I'm pretty good at it.
Baroness
cwieberdink
Retarded Reprobate

Dark and evil penguins!

View Profile
« Reply #31 on: 2005 September 07, 15:44:27 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I just put the first episode of my batchelorette story up. Here's the link.
http://thesims2.ea.com/exchange/story_detail.php?asset_id=52134

I so want more people to play this challenge because it is so funny.

Great story!  That was really funny.  I can't wait for the next installment!

C

Renatus
Nitwitted Nuisance

View Profile
« Reply #32 on: 2005 September 08, 15:17:58 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Well, my challenge isn't that interesting until the end, and I still need to finish up some bits, but I will post it soon. Possibly after my gigantic-Finnish-test-of-Doom is finished so I don't feel bad about not studying, hehheh.

I did stumble across a really rather interesting story last night, though, which the author has put up on her website. http://fairyring.net/sims/story/index.html The newest episode and part of the previous one is on the Liverjournal she's made for it. It's this modern-day vampire thing, and I saw someone on the LJ make a comparison to Buffy, although I wouldn't know since I didn't watch that series. At any rate, the serious bits are rather silly but there's quite a lot of geniune funny in it, and her use of the sims and the shots she's taken are really good. She also photomanipulates some of the shots for special effects.

Lmbroz
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #33 on: 2005 September 08, 16:08:41 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Rohina-Your story was great!  I can't wait to read the next one.  I hadn't heard of this challenge before.  When I need a break from the Prosperity challenge I will have to give it a shot. I never remember to take pictures for stories though.
Ancient Sim
Dead Member

Back from the dead ...

View Profile WWW
« Reply #34 on: 2005 September 08, 16:25:46 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I tried this bacherlor/bachelorette challenge and the results were quite interesting.  My bacherlorette was Romance and I made 4 male Sims and 3 females, so she could decide her own gender preference.  She soon got rid of her fellow Romance Sims (one of each sex) and from the start was most interested in the male Family Sim.  The only other one that peaked her interest was a female Popularity.  As the days went by however, she started to become quite friendly with the male Popularity, although he wasn't anywhere near as keen on her.  In the end it was between these three.  The female Popularity went out (all down to a 1-point difference), leaving the two men.  Although her score was highest with the Popularity, all her wants related to the Family Sim. 

In the end I decided to try an experiment.  I got her on the bed and first of all invited the Family Sim to relax with her, but he refused to do so.  No matter how many times I tried, he cancelled out the interaction and in the end went off to do some cleaning.  When I checked with TwoJeffs' Casual Woo-Hoo mod as to whether he would 'oblige' or not, he said he said he would have to pass, suggesting that the relationship wasn't sufficiently developed.  This was odd, as he was 100/98 with her and had a mutual crush.  The Popularity guy, however, just asked her to show him where the bed was.  So, he was invited to relax - they fell in love after the first kiss and got right down to it after that.  It could maybe have to do with character too, because the Popularity Sim accepted flirts well before they were friends and that certainly doesn't happen often. 

Still wondering why the Family Sim wasn't keen.  I can only assume it was because they weren't actually in love, although that didn't seem to stop the Popularity guy.  I didn't take any hacks out to try this, it was only for fun, so maybe the Romance Mod was kicking-in somewhere along the line and affecting things.  Will try this again with a bachelor this time, it was interesting.

Some favourite Sim thingies:  Film:  Lord of the Sims; Song: Losing My Sim by SIM; Book: Interview With the Sim by Sim Rice; Smell: Fried Simions; Colour: Simple.
Marchioness
rohina
Horny Turkey
Grammar Police

"So MEAN!"

View Profile
« Reply #35 on: 2005 September 10, 18:22:44 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Episode 2 of my matchmaking challenge is up.
http://thesims2.ea.com/exchange/story_detail.php?asset_id=52471

It's quite interesting, because I was predicting that the family sim guy would be doing a lot better with my single girl (also family) than he is.

Renatus
Nitwitted Nuisance

View Profile
« Reply #36 on: 2005 September 11, 09:30:15 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Rohina, yours is pretty interesting!

Mine turned out rather... silly. Next time I try this, I'll make everyone's personalities more extreme in hopes that they will act more interesting. I'll also pay more attention so I get better pictures. Anyhow, it's up on the Exchange, here: http://thesims2.ea.com/exchange/story_detail.php?asset_id=52506

Marchioness
rohina
Horny Turkey
Grammar Police

"So MEAN!"

View Profile
« Reply #37 on: 2005 September 11, 17:06:35 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

So much fighting and crying and hand wriinging. Renatus, that was really very funny.
I just put up my episode 3. There was a little burst of jealousy.
http://thesims2.ea.com/exchange/story_detail.php?asset_id=52609

Baroness
cwieberdink
Retarded Reprobate

Dark and evil penguins!

View Profile
« Reply #38 on: 2005 September 11, 19:43:49 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Rohina, yours is pretty interesting!

Mine turned out rather... silly.

I think both of you wrote very good stories.  I really enjoyed them.  They were creative and I loved the dialogue.  Funny!  Good job to both Renatus and Rohina.

C

Pages: 1 [2] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: