More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 May 04, 01:13:51

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6513 Members
Latest Member: Linnie
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS3/TSM: The Pudding
| |-+  The World Of Pudding
| | |-+  Can't finish Omniplant Opportunity
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Can't finish Omniplant Opportunity  (Read 20889 times)
Baroness
witch
Breakfast of Champions!
Senator

Shunning the accursed daystar.

View Profile
Re: Can't finish Omniplant Opportunity
« Reply #25 on: 2009 June 17, 06:48:07 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Crikey, you lot must have been hard at it. I have only managed Minnow to Jellyfish so far! I thought I might put the rare fish in a separate pool to make them easier to catch if needs be.

My fists are named Feminine and Wiles.
infamy
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: 2009 June 19, 02:10:34 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Fish purchased at the grocery store are also eligible for pond stocking.  They must be very fresh.
Gus Smedstad
Lipless Loser

Dabbler

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: 2009 June 19, 02:51:44 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Well, considering you can store the fish in your refrigerator for a month and then use them to stock, or put them in fish bowls for that matter, Sim Fish are obviously very resilient.

- Gus

Fine, I can see why people hate the Sims 3 sigs.
Baroness
witch
Breakfast of Champions!
Senator

Shunning the accursed daystar.

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: 2009 June 19, 06:26:41 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I was stocking the pond with only perfect fish, but when my simkid fished he was getting a random variety of quality.

My fists are named Feminine and Wiles.
Baronetess
Lorelei
Grammar Police

I like pie. A cake is fine, too.

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: 2009 June 19, 11:30:47 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Crikey, you lot must have been hard at it.

Since 85% of the game is sitting around watching them sleep, tap at a computer, or fish, I tend to temporarily lock their motives and just let them do it in the background and get distracted by the Internets or IRC. As a result, sometimes my Sims fish for Simdays, and, yes, that racks up a truckload of fish in short order.

Honestly, they must not bother with beta testers at all. Surely someone would have pointed out that watching Sims sleep is less enthralling than watching paint dry.

Super INTJ.    MATY's Big Cat.    LOLcult.   Pescado: Like the ancient Egyptians, the Internet worships cats.
originalhalf
Nitwitted Nuisance

View Profile
« Reply #30 on: 2009 June 19, 11:55:49 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Since 85% of the game is sitting around watching them sleep, tap at a computer, or fish, I tend to temporarily lock their motives and just let them do it in the background and get distracted by the Internets or IRC. As a result, sometimes my Sims fish for Simdays, and, yes, that racks up a truckload of fish in short order.
Honestly, they must not bother with beta testers at all. Surely someone would have pointed out that watching Sims sleep is less enthralling than watching paint dry.

This.

High Priestess of The Way of the Son of Perdition
Duchess
sloppyhousewife
Lipless Loser

Plumber Zombie

View Profile
« Reply #31 on: 2009 June 19, 12:04:39 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

You watch your sims sleep? I use these hours to browse the town, so I know where to send them to collect stuff / go fish / visit potentially interesting spots right after waking up. Or I go to the beach and watch the waves Cheesy.

"Getting attention here is like awakening Lovecraftian cosmic horrors. Don't do it." - J.M. Pescado

Baronetess
Lorelei
Grammar Police

I like pie. A cake is fine, too.

View Profile
« Reply #32 on: 2009 June 19, 12:31:57 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

You watch your sims sleep?

No. I said I found that extremely boring, and thus sent them off to fish indefinitely. Because watching Sims sleep is deadly dull. Ergo, inventories full of fish. Inventories full of fish = the ability to stock the home lot pool full of all the different varieties.

Super INTJ.    MATY's Big Cat.    LOLcult.   Pescado: Like the ancient Egyptians, the Internet worships cats.
bloodredtoe
Corpulent Cretin

Less awesome than some of you

View Profile
« Reply #33 on: 2009 June 19, 12:45:47 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I think you need to have graves on the lot for Deathfish to properly show in a pond.
But they are there even during daytime, not only at night like on the graveyard lot.
Duchess
sloppyhousewife
Lipless Loser

Plumber Zombie

View Profile
« Reply #34 on: 2009 June 19, 13:33:53 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

You watch your sims sleep?

No. I said I found that extremely boring, and thus sent them off to fish indefinitely. Because watching Sims sleep is deadly dull. Ergo, inventories full of fish. Inventories full of fish = the ability to stock the home lot pool full of all the different varieties.

Yes, awkward wording from my side, sorry. What I'm trying to say is that unlike in the predecessor, I do not have the feeling that I spend so much time watching them sleep, skill etc. because I'm not limited to the one active residential lot and thus can do more interesting things within the game, while the sims are occupied.

"Getting attention here is like awakening Lovecraftian cosmic horrors. Don't do it." - J.M. Pescado

SolaceDevotio
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #35 on: 2009 June 19, 21:13:20 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Crikey, you lot must have been hard at it.

I don't thing the speed buttons weren't meant by the Makers to work like that.  My speed buttons work great.  Fast is fast.  I think they just somehow managed to make a game that is farked on the vast majority of computers.  No shock there. 
hidethe_cutlery
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #36 on: 2009 June 20, 03:38:51 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

FF (4) is unreliable though -- /any/ change will reset it to another speed. You're better off keeping it at 3.

4 just speeds through the current action of the active sim, it's not meant to be faster than 3

Heaven for the climate, hell for the company.
Blech
Garrulous Gimp

Moar Stanky Than You

View Profile
« Reply #37 on: 2009 June 20, 03:53:59 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

FF (4) is unreliable though -- /any/ change will reset it to another speed. You're better off keeping it at 3.

4 just speeds through the current action of the active sim, it's not meant to be faster than 3

Which would make it the best new feature if the speeds worked properly. Hopefully, this will be fixed. I, for one, am sick to death of the P to 3 dance I have to do while my sims get ready for work in the morning.

Quote from: J. M. Pescado
Evil is profitable only when everyone is not evil.
Moar words of wisdom from our wise and bearded Fearless Leader.
Pages: 1 [2] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: