More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 May 03, 16:56:46

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6513 Members
Latest Member: Linnie
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS3/TSM: The Pudding
| |-+  The World Of Pudding
| | |-+  Worthless whore! That's not my baby!
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Worthless whore! That's not my baby!  (Read 8126 times)
phyllis_p
Stupid Schlemiel

ISFJ - a tasty phyllis snack?

View Profile
Worthless whore! That's not my baby!
« on: 2009 June 12, 16:03:03 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Okay, so I was playing the Goth family.  When Bella married Mortimer, I had her brother Michael Bachelor move in as well so I could find him a wife without having to switch families.  I found him a wife, he got her pregnant -- or so it seemed, since we got the lullaby and she was puking the next day -- and I moved them back to live with Michael's parents.  A few days later, Bella read in the paper that little Tim Bachelor was born.

When Tim was a toddler, Bella took toddler Cassandra over to visit Grandma & Grandpa Bachelor and Uncle Michael at the Bachelor house.  Bella was interacting with Tim, and I noticed he was listed just as "acquaintance."  I checked the family tree.  Lo and behold, Michael was not listed as Tim's father -- nor was anyone else.

So .. was this because I had parthenogenesis enabled?  Or is it just some funky thing?  I've seen a few complaints of similar things in (apparently) active families as I peruse the TS3 boards, so I'm not sure if parthenogenesis is the problem or not.

Vita brevis, Ars longa.                

"And so goest thy butthurt n00bs whosoever cannot have accolades and benes heaped upon them, as in the manner of vomit from a sorority girl, to which they are accustomed." lemmiwinks 1:1
brownlustgirl
Knuckleheaded Knob

Giving EA the finger!

View Profile
Re: Worthless whore! That's not my baby!
« Reply #1 on: 2009 June 12, 17:15:56 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Is that with the Awesomemod in? I haven't paid much attention, but it something I want to test. I have noticed no more singles having babies out of the blue, but maybe the game wanted it to progress, forgetting to add the husband, Michael as the father. That sucks.

"So you have to be hungry to eat, right? Hmph, imagine that concept."  Kirstie Alley
phyllis_p
Stupid Schlemiel

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2009 June 12, 17:19:28 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I was using Awesomemod, yes, but I had parthenogenesis enabled because my town was turning into an elder resort.

Vita brevis, Ars longa.                

"And so goest thy butthurt n00bs whosoever cannot have accolades and benes heaped upon them, as in the manner of vomit from a sorority girl, to which they are accustomed." lemmiwinks 1:1
schaschlik
Tasty Tourist

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2009 June 12, 17:25:43 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I agree, it's really frustrating.
Exactly the same thing happened to me when I moved one of the sons and his pregnant wife (yes, he IS the father) out of my active household.
At first I suspected that it happened because I switched to "edit town" mode immediately after kicking them out, but in your case it happened even without doing this (I hope I got that right).
Seems that moving an expecting couple somewhere else resets the fatherhood to...well, whoever, which is a major nuisance.
Not only does the child lack the ties in the family tree, but the "have a grandchild" want of the husband's parents is not fulfilled, and if this wasn't bad enough, I cannot even be sure if the actual father's genetics have been passed on.
Only time will tell. *sigh*

*Edit: I'm using Awesomemod as well, parthogenesis enabled.
Zazazu
Fuzzy Pumpkin
Whiny Wussy

Potiron flou

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2009 June 12, 17:26:14 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Perhaps moving reset the pregnancy controller, and this new baby is a clone baby? That's all I can think of. I've been running around in rounds pressing the baby button, since I'm now out of letting Story Progression do it's thing. All the babies I've created have their proper lineage. I do have no parthenogenesis set.

Reminds me, I need to tweak my RandomStuff. Almost every family has to have a marriage, because apparently I didn't weight "Naw, fuck it" enough. And no one is dying. There must be random death. How else will they learn?

Capitalism, Ho!
"Continue to beat it in masturbatory ecstasy if you like, but only Pescado can make it go away." - Lemmiwinks
My Urinal
phyllis_p
Stupid Schlemiel

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2009 June 12, 17:47:59 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

At first I suspected that it happened because I switched to "edit town" mode immediately after kicking them out, but in your case it happened even without doing this (I hope I got that right).

Correct, I did not do "edit town" after moving them to the Bachelor house.

Perhaps it's as Zazazu speculates and that the move itself reset the pregnancy controller.  Michael and his wife have the same color hair, so there's no clue there.  I like to think that Tim looks like Michael, but I could well be deluding myself.  Ah, well.  I didn't have any intentions of making that family the active family at any point, so I don't suppose it matters hugely. 

Something I'm considering is turning parethenogenesis off and just going around and moving random men and women together.  I noticed when I had it off before that the few couples who seemed to marry and/or reproduce were already living in the same house.

Vita brevis, Ars longa.                

Count
jolrei
Senator

Son of Perdition

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2009 June 12, 17:53:08 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Something I'm considering is turning parethenogenesis off and just going around and moving random men and women together.  I noticed when I had it off before that the few couples who seemed to marry and/or reproduce were already living in the same house.

Oh dear.  Does that mean I might expect either Witch or Tigerlilley to spawn with Trepie (since they're all in the same house)?

Tribulatio proxima est
phyllis_p
Stupid Schlemiel

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 2009 June 12, 17:57:19 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Oh dear.  Does that mean I might expect either Witch or Tigerlilley to spawn with Trepie (since they're all in the same house)?

If you've got Story Progression on, it could very well happen.  I can recount one case where there were two guys and the clone-daughter of one living in a house (from before Awesomemod).  With noparth enabled, the clone-daughter eventually married the non-parental father as soon as she was a young adult, even though he was quite elderly by that time.  He was a good friend of the active Sim, who got the option to congratulate him on his marriage.  When active Sim went over to do so a couple of days later, young wife was already pregnant.

Vita brevis, Ars longa.                

Jelenedra
The New "Gay"
Whiny Wussy

Evil Mastermind BehindTorturing Emo 12s

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 2009 June 12, 17:59:31 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

If you've got Story Progression on, it could very well happen.  I can recount one case where there were two guys and the clone-daughter of one living in a house (from before Awesomemod).  With noparth enabled, the clone-daughter eventually married the non-parental father as soon as she was a young adult, even though he was quite elderly by that time.  He was a good friend of the active Sim, who got the option to congratulate him on his marriage.  When active Sim went over to do so a couple of days later, young wife was already pregnant.

Ugh. That's creepy.

Quote from: reggikko
Quote from: J. M. Pescado
Why are all these damn hippies on my website?
We are on your forum, taking over your world and making your children gay.
Count
jolrei
Senator

Son of Perdition

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 2009 June 12, 18:06:44 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Ugh. That's creepy.

No, people get pregnant without my control all the time.  Sims may as well also (if I opt for story progression).

Also, I note there is no Jellypudding yet.  Are we to expect one?

Tribulatio proxima est
Jelenedra
The New "Gay"
Whiny Wussy

Evil Mastermind BehindTorturing Emo 12s

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 2009 June 12, 18:16:15 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Ugh. That's creepy.

No, people get pregnant without my control all the time.  Sims may as well also (if I opt for story progression).

Yes, sometime. I haven't been very energetic of late. I finally installed the game the other day. One of these days I'll fire it up and make mah puddin'. I've been sooooo sleeeeeepy.

Quote from: reggikko
Quote from: J. M. Pescado
Why are all these damn hippies on my website?
We are on your forum, taking over your world and making your children gay.
originalhalf
Nitwitted Nuisance

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 2009 June 12, 18:23:39 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Ugh. That's creepy.

Speaking of which - your personal pudding is sitting on my desktop waiting anxiously for me to load this damn game when I get home and put you through your paces.

High Priestess of The Way of the Son of Perdition
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: