More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 May 03, 08:48:53

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6513 Members
Latest Member: Linnie
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  Glowing Sims: Possible?
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Glowing Sims: Possible?  (Read 14658 times)
SaraMK
Nefarious!
Terrible Twerp

Playing again.

View Profile
Re: Glowing Sims: Possible?
« Reply #25 on: 2006 February 03, 22:17:37 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I want glowing sims!

I don't know what for, but after reading this thread I just really want them.

Cheesy

Fail.
Sagana
Stupid Schlemiel

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: 2006 February 03, 22:29:10 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

<sigh> I could swear I've seen a site that had glowing sims - fairy sims, I believe - a blue fairy specifically, I believe.

But I've been looking since I saw this thread and I can't find it :( I haven't yet played a fantasy theme so I haven't bookmarked them - just scrolled by looking for something else.

Maybe it was really just a story pic or something... or I'm just insane.

But I really thought there was one. Nobody else has seen it?

Unsouper
Ambular
Cheese Nazi
Stupid Schlemiel

View Profile WWW
« Reply #27 on: 2006 February 04, 00:51:21 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Heh, thanks.  I figured, what the hey, I've already got angels, demons, Apocalyptic Horsepersons and personifications of dead Norse and Egyptian gods hanging around, might as well go all the way and add Him Above and Him Below as well.  (Though how I'm going to manage a perpetually burning Sim who never dies I'm not sure.)  XD

Pratchett & Gaiman fan, by any chance?

I'd love to see any screenshots you may have of the characters in this neighborhood -- sounds wild!

Massive Good Omens fan.  I've got one GO-themed neighborhood that's vaguely canon-ish and another tailored for a Good Omens RPG I'm in.  XD  I don't have a lot of in-game shots but there's some stuff from both hoods and BodyShop under the first link.

(Link removed)
The Bentley (more or less): http://www.modthesims2.com/showthread.php?t=103649
Angel and Demon careers (still in beta):  http://www.modthesims2.com/showthread.php?t=100095
« Last Edit: 2013 September 09, 20:55:40 by Ambular » Logged

Nihil curo de ista tua stulta superstitione.
My Sims 2 Stuff @  MTS | Populate My City
Ambular
Cheese Nazi
Stupid Schlemiel

View Profile WWW
« Reply #28 on: 2006 February 04, 00:53:08 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

This mod will allow you to add the various effects to a sim, but I'm not sure which effects it includes, and if the chosen effect stays if the sim travels to a community lot.

Oh wow, thanks!!  It includes the blue Elixir Success glow and a "beam of light" that follows a Sim around.  It's not precisely what I had in mind, but much better than nothing.  Haven't tried it on a Community Lot yet but I will.  :)

Ambular
Cheese Nazi
Stupid Schlemiel

View Profile WWW
« Reply #29 on: 2006 February 04, 01:24:28 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

<sigh> I could swear I've seen a site that had glowing sims - fairy sims, I believe - a blue fairy specifically, I believe.

But I've been looking since I saw this thread and I can't find it Sad I haven't yet played a fantasy theme so I haven't bookmarked them - just scrolled by looking for something else.

Thank you for looking, sagana.  If you do happen to find it again, please let me know!

Syera
Exasperating Eyesore

A well-stocked toolkit can fix anything...

View Profile WWW
« Reply #30 on: 2006 February 04, 01:28:47 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Hmm... might it not be possible to program an object that would allow you to attach glows of various hues to your Sims and remove them again?  That could be rather nifty... not to mention pretty darned shiny.  (Though arguably useless except for artistic purposes, heh.)

The BogSims Institute - We've been updating these days...
Baronetess
TaWanda
Nitwitted Nuisance

stolen from obsessiveicons@livejournal

View Profile
« Reply #31 on: 2006 February 04, 01:33:58 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

But I've been looking since I saw this thread and I can't find it Sad I haven't yet played a fantasy theme so I haven't bookmarked them - just scrolled by looking for something else.

That could be Sapphire sims maybe, I seem to be having trouble connecting, otherwise I'd go look myself.
Ellatrue
Terrible Twerp

ENFP, by popular request.

View Profile
« Reply #32 on: 2006 February 04, 02:57:38 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I want Jesus in my neighborhood!

akatonbo
Lipless Loser

a red dragonfly

View Profile WWW
« Reply #33 on: 2006 February 05, 04:28:24 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The attraction glow effect is a particularly nice one. I'd like to have the ability to use that at will myself.

That effects object linked to above also looks like it'll provide me some amusement.

Troubleshooting info: all EPs and SPs, most hacks Awesome but some not, no inTeen.
SaraMK
Nefarious!
Terrible Twerp

Playing again.

View Profile
« Reply #34 on: 2006 February 05, 05:20:38 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I just looked at the effects object from the InSIM site, and it does allow you to have a sim glow in SEVERAL ways. Plus there are smoke effects. And there are Lightbeams, which look all sparkly and perfect for an angel or god/goddess. I first thought that might be the attraction glow, but it's the beam that comes for dead sims.

EDIT: Hey, you can mix black smoke with white smoke for a really weird effect.

Fail.
harmless
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #35 on: 2006 February 10, 23:38:45 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

harmless' handy-dandy no-hacks-needed 100% tested:

How to Make Your Sims Glow Blue

This is a glitch that sometimes occurs when you have a Sim drink the Elixir of Life.
It took me a minute to figure out how to make them do it every time.

Step 1: When they are in a Gold or Platinum Mood pause the game then make sure your Sim isn't wearing what you want them to sleep in (i.e. no pajamas or undies - this is important!) and that you have the Elixir in the bedroom (actually last night I had a Sim drink from one downstairs and then go straight to bed upstairs and the same effect still happened so maybe the most important thing is just the order - drink, then sleep but put it in the bedroom to be sure!).

Step 2: Queue up "Drink Elixir", followed immediately by going to bed; clicking on it and choosing "Sleep in Pajamas (or Undies or Naked, as long as your Sim isn't already in it!)".

Step 3: Fast Forward (use the >>> or hit '3' on your keyboard). They'll drink the Elixir then immediately head for bed and spin into the their sleepwear causing the blue glow to stick to them.

To end the effect just have them drink from the elixir again while in gold or platinum. 

If you can't get it to work, you just ain't doing it right.  Wink
I've done this with over 15 Sims, mostly by accident  Roll Eyes and it has worked every time.
Got pics if you need proof.  Kiss

Now to mess with SimPE for those other cool effects you guys are talking about.
I wonder if you have a Sim 'Scope Room' right as the Sim they are attracted to is getting into bed if the same thing will happen.  Seems like it would be hard to get the timing right.
Ambular
Cheese Nazi
Stupid Schlemiel

View Profile WWW
« Reply #36 on: 2006 February 11, 00:23:21 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

harmless' handy-dandy no-hacks-needed 100% tested:

How to Make Your Sims Glow Blue

This is a glitch that sometimes occurs when you have a Sim drink the Elixir of Life.
It took me a minute to figure out how to make them do it every time.

Step 1: When they are in a Gold or Platinum Mood pause the game then make sure your Sim isn't wearing what you want them to sleep in (i.e. no pajamas or undies - this is important!) and that you have the Elixir in the bedroom (actually last night I had a Sim drink from one downstairs and then go straight to bed upstairs and the same effect still happened so maybe the most important thing is just the order - drink, then sleep but put it in the bedroom to be sure!).

Step 2: Queue up "Drink Elixir", followed immediately by going to bed; clicking on it and choosing "Sleep in Pajamas (or Undies or Naked, as long as your Sim isn't already in it!)".

Step 3: Fast Forward (use the >>> or hit '3' on your keyboard). They'll drink the Elixir then immediately head for bed and spin into the their sleepwear causing the blue glow to stick to them.

To end the effect just have them drink from the elixir again while in gold or platinum. 

If you can't get it to work, you just ain't doing it right.  Wink
I've done this with over 15 Sims, mostly by accident  Roll Eyes and it has worked every time.
Got pics if you need proof.  Kiss

Now to mess with SimPE for those other cool effects you guys are talking about.

I wonder if you have a Sim 'Scope Room' right as the Sim they are attracted to is getting into bed if the same thing will happen.  Seems like it would be hard to get the timing right.

Well that's pretty darn nifty!  Thanks, and good luck with figuring out the other stuff!

harmless
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #37 on: 2006 February 11, 15:32:26 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Well that's pretty darn nifty!  Thanks, and good luck with figuring out the other stuff!
Thank you.  I love to experiment on the lil' bastages.   Grin

What most people get wrong when trying this is that they forget to use fast forward to unpause the game.
Unpausing then fast forwarding won't give you 100%.
Syera
Exasperating Eyesore

A well-stocked toolkit can fix anything...

View Profile WWW
« Reply #38 on: 2006 February 11, 17:08:30 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I still think somebody should make an object to add/remove various ambient glows of assorted colors! 

The BogSims Institute - We've been updating these days...
Pages: 1 [2] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: