More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 May 07, 13:59:39

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540274 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6513 Members
Latest Member: Linnie
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  LOTP question
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: LOTP question  (Read 4181 times)
Karen
Malodorous Moron

View Profile
LOTP question
« on: 2006 November 19, 07:26:44 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I have heard a number of people say that there is supposed to be only one "leader of the pack" wolf, the big brown one with the fluorescent yellow eyes.  When I first started playing Pets, my LOTP was called Shiro.  I recently noticed one called Baron and another called Charlie, in the same neighborhood.  They look absolutely identical.

Is the "only one LOTP per hood" just more Maxis EA lies and propaganda?  I don't even play werewolves, nor do I have any intention of doing so, I'm just curious.
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
Re: LOTP question
« Reply #1 on: 2006 November 19, 07:30:32 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

All wolves look the same, but as with any NPC, the typical count for NPCs is 3 of each. Antiredundancy eliminates this requirement.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
Karen
Malodorous Moron

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2006 November 19, 07:43:01 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

That's strange, because I normally play with antiredundancy installed.  I suppose it's possible that the other two spawned later, when I was trying to debug a problem and loaded the game without any hacks at all. 

In any case, it doesn't seem to be true that the LOTP is unique (in the sense that Grimmy or Mrs C are unique).
staroverthebay
Nitwitted Nuisance

¯\(º_o)/¯ lol wut?

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: 2006 November 19, 15:24:37 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The Reaper and Mrs Crumplebottom are consistent for all hoods, right? The names never change. Maybe it's the whole dynamic of a random name that spawns the multiples? I've found multiple "Count _____" and "Countess_____" available to my sims in a single hood, when there should only be one of each, only one Grand Vampire of each gender. (And no other vampires at all, since I haven't had any of my sims bitten yet by a Grand Vampire)

* staroverthebay is just guessing wildly and grabbing at straws

¯\(º_o)/¯ I dunno lol
YOUNG AND STUPID.
Introverted, Sensing, Thinking and Perceiving. Conclusion: I IS TOILET PAPER!
Gwill
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2006 November 19, 21:00:52 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I have at least two black wolves with glowing eyes in my hood, I use the director's cut, and I haven't done anything to mess with the wolves.

Dibs on Darth Telligent!
INTJ bordering on P
Want to know where babies come from?
Orikes
Knuckleheaded Knob

Spifftastically Fantabulous!

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2006 November 19, 21:08:55 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

In a similar vein as this question, does the LOTP show up during the day looking like a normal gray wolf? The LOTP I've seen in my neighborhood is Balin. I've also seen Balin show up during the day as a normal looking wolf. No dark, no glowing eyes. Is it the same wolf, or just a redundant naming scheme?

Venusy
Dead Member

Despite the name, I am male.Do not call me "miss".

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2006 November 19, 21:22:46 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

As far as I can tell, it's probably a redundant naming scheme problem. Only one way to test it, download christianlov's pet teleporter and see if two wolves are listed with the name of Balin.

"They say only the good die young. If that works both ways, I'm immortal."

ISTP - Independent, concise in speech, master of tools.
Gwill
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 2006 November 19, 21:59:13 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

In a similar vein as this question, does the LOTP show up during the day looking like a normal gray wolf? The LOTP I've seen in my neighborhood is Balin. I've also seen Balin show up during the day as a normal looking wolf. No dark, no glowing eyes. Is it the same wolf, or just a redundant naming scheme?

I have two Baxters.  One grey and one black.  My sim is friends with one of them, but not the other, so I don't think they are the same pet.  I'm guessing Maxis just didn't make the list of available townie pet names large enough, and it becomes really obvious since strays and wolves don't have last names.

Dibs on Darth Telligent!
INTJ bordering on P
Want to know where babies come from?
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 2006 November 20, 07:04:32 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Hey, at least you didn't end up with one called "Mister Fluffles" or something.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
Havelock
Lipless Loser

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 2006 November 20, 07:22:27 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I've found multiple "Count _____" and "Countess_____" available to my sims in a single hood, when there should only be one of each, only one Grand Vampire of each gender
If i remember right a fresh createt Downtown has 3 Grand Vampires of each Gender. It follows the Maxis EA  Rules of creating useless NPCs. I have seen 3 Wolfes in my Hood File listed as NPC. Maybe they are random used as LOTP.
« Last Edit: 2006 November 20, 07:41:50 by Havelock » Logged
Ness
Hairy-Bellied Heretic
Terrible Twerp

DOWN WITH CHEESE!

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 2006 November 20, 07:41:01 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I guess we can only be thankful that there is only one crumplebutt!
jrd
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 2006 November 20, 08:57:06 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

There is a difference between what I call Service NPCs and object NPCs.

Object NPCs are those which get read from objects.package, such as Mrs Crumplebottom and the Grim Reaper. They are unique and non-interactible. They do not have a character file.

Service NPCs are normal Sims in the Service NPC pool, with a character file and everything. They include the waiters, maids, grand vampires, etc.. These can (mostly) be interacted with. And the default game will spawn three of each, and more if needed. Antiredundancy limits this to one minimum, and more only if really needed. So if you have a maid invited over as a guest and the maid service arrives, a second maid will be spawned. And if you go to a store with seven registers, seven clerks will be spawned (or six if you already had one).

HTH, YMMV.
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: