More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 May 10, 00:59:08

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540274 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6513 Members
Latest Member: Linnie
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  Maxis does it again!
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 7 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Maxis does it again!  (Read 60428 times)
Simsbaby
Pinheaded Pissant

INTP - I didn't do it.

View Profile
Maxis does it again!
« on: 2006 March 08, 03:20:38 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Probably the best female hair mesh is Open For Business, and they forget to display it in the catalog!
http://www.simsconnection.com/

Remember - a bimbo is for life and not just for christmas!
Jysudo
Nitwitted Nuisance

Super Shooter

View Profile
Re: Maxis does it again!
« Reply #1 on: 2006 March 08, 03:24:03 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

WOW  Shocked that must be Maxis's best hair creation yet.
Thks for heads up.

The texture actually looks decent.

Go Away
RainbowTigress
Sucky Name Person
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2006 March 08, 03:43:08 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

They've extracted it so you don't even have to have OFB installed to use it!  Yay!  *downloads*

Oh, that Epic hair looks beeyootiful.  *sighs*
Simsbaby
Pinheaded Pissant

INTP - I didn't do it.

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2006 March 08, 03:56:27 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Textures are not maxis. Morague is going to make a little package file so that people with OFB can use the textures and mesh that come with the game.

sudaki
Exasperating Eyesore

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2006 March 08, 04:21:58 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The download page at SimsConnection says "mesh and textures by Maxis". Are you sure they're not Maxis textures? Huh
Simsbaby
Pinheaded Pissant

INTP - I didn't do it.

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2006 March 08, 04:27:14 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I am sure. The mesh looks maxis, but the textures are definitely Sim Connection.
I would love to be proved wrong! That would be a sign that maxis is getting better with textures

RainbowTigress
Sucky Name Person
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2006 March 08, 04:28:20 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I am confused. Sad  If they came with OFB, they must be made by Maxis, right?  And why can't OFB users use the package at SimsConnection?
Simsbaby
Pinheaded Pissant

INTP - I didn't do it.

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 2006 March 08, 04:32:25 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

They can, but Morague makes tiny files that only draw the the files that are included in the game and makes them show up.
The style of the texture looks very close to what they do on their own .

LFox
Irritating Ignoramus

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 2006 March 08, 04:34:01 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Nice hairstyle.
cabelle
Malodorous Moron

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 2006 March 08, 04:48:35 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Textures are not maxis. Morague is going to make a little package file so that people with OFB can use the textures and mesh that come with the game.

Awesome! So nice of Morague to make those "hidden" hairstyles available for us. Like Beau's hair for example. I can't wait to download that OFB one, it's very pretty. Smiley
Mike
Irritating Ignoramus

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 2006 March 08, 05:15:19 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

What in the world?! Thats the most.......................beautiful hair mesh by Maxis in the history of The Sims 2 existence! They are a bunch of idiots.
gypsylady
Exasperating Eyesore

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 2006 March 08, 05:17:48 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Wow! That is a very pretty hair mesh.
Renatus
Nitwitted Nuisance

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 2006 March 08, 08:43:51 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I wouldn't call it the most beautiful (what IS the obsession with long hair?), but it is very nice. Really bizarre that they didn't include it.

J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 2006 March 08, 08:56:04 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I wouldn't call it the most beautiful (what IS the obsession with long hair?), but it is very nice. Really bizarre that they didn't include it.
I wouldn't say obsession. It's just that by having more of it, you naturally get more ways to mess with it. If you don't have any hair, you don't have a lot of hairstyle options available. Like me, I'm bald. I don't exactly get a large selection to pick from.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
DrBeast
Pinheaded Pissant

Still they're marching on...

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: 2006 March 08, 09:10:43 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I'm pretty traditional on this. The longer a woman's hair the better!

I wouldn't say obsession. It's just that by having more of it, you naturally get more ways to mess with it. If you don't have any hair, you don't have a lot of hairstyle options available. Like me, I'm bald. I don't exactly get a large selection to pick from.

I've seen some bald guys trying to hide the bald spots by letting what little hair they've got left grow long and combing it over the "patch". Looks outright ridiculous!
As for me, I've got almost waist-long hair, but I still have only two options: hair down or ponytail. I only revert to the second option when it's too hot or I don't want to accidentally mix my DNA with the dog DNA I'm working on!

Let the Beast inside you free!
Renatus
Nitwitted Nuisance

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: 2006 March 08, 09:38:44 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I guess, if you like long strands of hair everywhere and taking half an hour just to wash it every day.

Of course, that could just be me. I have about twice as much hair on my head as the normal person (it's a thing with the females in my family, so gods help any future daughter I might have - getting my hair brushed when I was a child was an epic battle every morning) and it gets everywhere and takes forever to care for once it's as long as my chin, not to mention taking forever to dry.  Just recently got it mostly cut off, it looks like that cute side-parted style in OFB but short enough I can see out of both eyes... bliss. Smiley  Even if it is still -5C here and I now have to wrap my scarf up to my eyebrows to keep the sides of my face warm.  Cheesy

Long hair can look interesting and have interesting things done to it but it's too impractical for my tastes.

RainbowTigress
Sucky Name Person
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: 2006 March 08, 09:56:34 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Renatus is female???   Shocked
sanmonroe
Circus Freak
Lipless Loser

Hates Furries.

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: 2006 March 08, 10:00:17 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Yes, that long haired girl grew up to be Susan Powter...

When you do something because of the internet that is wrong.
When you make love to a man in a giraffe outfit.
When you discover you masterbated online to a picture of a relative.

Webcest.
DrBeast
Pinheaded Pissant

Still they're marching on...

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: 2006 March 08, 10:21:11 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I guess, if you like long strands of hair everywhere and taking half an hour just to wash it every day.

Of course, that could just be me. I have about twice as much hair on my head as the normal person (it's a thing with the females in my family, so gods help any future daughter I might have - getting my hair brushed when I was a child was an epic battle every morning) and it gets everywhere and takes forever to care for once it's as long as my chin, not to mention taking forever to dry.  Just recently got it mostly cut off, it looks like that cute side-parted style in OFB but short enough I can see out of both eyes... bliss. Smiley  Even if it is still -5C here and I now have to wrap my scarf up to my eyebrows to keep the sides of my face warm.  Cheesy

Long hair can look interesting and have interesting things done to it but it's too impractical for my tastes.

I wash it every couple of days, maybe three during winter, and it takes me less than 10 minutes. A quick drain with the towel, brush, and ready. No hairdrying device has ever come near my hair during the 7 years I've kept it long, it doesn't matter if it's freezing cold outside! The only hassle with long hair is a) if it's windy outside, b) you're headbanging like mad in a concert (haven't been in any since 1999! Damn!!), or c) you're engaged in...ehm...woohooing! Oh, and it's a real pain during summer, at least greek summer which lasts more than 3 damn months!

Edit to keep a semplance of on-topicness: that Maxis lost-and-found hair looks great! No wonder they left it out! It makes all their other hair look totally non-awesome!

Let the Beast inside you free!
Renatus
Nitwitted Nuisance

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: 2006 March 08, 10:51:31 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

More or less, yes. Wink Two X chromosomes and all the working parts.

'Fraid I don't look anything like that fitness maniac, sanmonroe. She looks kind of like a slightly deranged bald elf, and I, well... don't. Too much heavy-boned peasant in my ancestry. Smiley

It's really odd that they didn't include it, unless there is something terribly wrong with the mesh that can't be seen from most angles. Maybe they felt they already had enough women's hair in the expansion or something. As nice as it is, I'd have to agree that the women are overgifted with good hair - the men constantly get jacked for cool hairstyles. They're obviously willing to make more 'alternative' hairstyles (like the liberty spikes included in Uni - but only for women!), so I don't understand why the hell everything for the guys is so tame. They obviously need to chat up some punks or people into FRUiTS - male people - and get some fresh ideas.

J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: 2006 March 08, 11:10:47 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Well, the biological reason for this is that long hair depicts a pattern of extended health. In practicality, there's a point at which it becomes unwieldy and cumbersome.

I've seen some bald guys trying to hide the bald spots by letting what little hair they've got left grow long and combing it over the "patch". Looks outright ridiculous!
I don't have ANY left. At one point it was patchy and looked even more ridiculous, but I didn't care. I am pretty ridiculous, after all. And the dumber they think you are, the funnier it is when you kill them.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
Shells
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: 2006 March 08, 15:54:22 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I will go back to lurking in just a moment but I couldn't resist commenting.

I come from a family of conservative mennonites.  Some of my female relatives have never cut their hair.  In the mennonite tradition, a womans hair is her pride and glory.  To cut it is shameful and/or prideful.  Thair hair reaches the floor (though you wouldn't see this as they keep it up in a bun on their head).  I have one relative who got in trouble with her church because she cut her hair to her ankles because she was tired of tripping on it at night.  Talk about long hair becoming cumbersome!
Sleepycat
Stupid Schlemiel

meow!

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: 2006 March 08, 16:50:42 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

very very nice hair! I'll be glad when Morague does the unlock file for us, apparently there is also a hidden male hair.

re: the long hair stuff - my hair is that length right now and I don't consider it to be long...probably because before I got it all chopped off (very very short) mine was down to my ass. I'm letting it grow again because I just don't "feel like me" without my long hair...besides it looks great long  Wink
Assmitten
Whiny Wussy

Poop poop

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: 2006 March 08, 16:59:39 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

More or less, yes. Wink Two X chromosomes and all the working parts.

'Fraid I don't look anything like that fitness maniac, sanmonroe. She looks kind of like a slightly deranged bald elf, and I, well... don't. Too much heavy-boned peasant in my ancestry. Smiley

It's really odd that they didn't include it, unless there is something terribly wrong with the mesh that can't be seen from most angles. Maybe they felt they already had enough women's hair in the expansion or something. As nice as it is, I'd have to agree that the women are overgifted with good hair - the men constantly get jacked for cool hairstyles. They're obviously willing to make more 'alternative' hairstyles (like the liberty spikes included in Uni - but only for women!), so I don't understand why the hell everything for the guys is so tame. They obviously need to chat up some punks or people into FRUiTS - male people - and get some fresh ideas.

Aw, Renatus, that's a great picture!

<notovny> Aww, yeah, WOODBEAST.
<kutto> Keep it in your pants, notovny.
angelyne
Obtuse Oaf

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: 2006 March 08, 17:18:56 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I wash it every couple of days, maybe three during winter, and it takes me less than 10 minutes. A quick drain with the towel, brush, and ready. No hairdrying device has ever come near my hair during the 7 years I've kept it long, it doesn't matter if it's freezing cold outside!

I know what you mean.  Have you ever had your hair turn into icicles?  I have.  Lately I've given in, and started partially drying my hair. It is more comfortable that way. 

But it's been 25 years and I'm getting  sick of it.  If I could only find a hairdresser that I trust not to butcher my hair and give me a good looking haircut, I'd have it cut in a flash.  I just don't want to sacrifice my hair for a bad hair cut.
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 7 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: