More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 May 10, 06:42:50

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540274 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6513 Members
Latest Member: Linnie
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  what!? no next EP hint in OFB box?
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: what!? no next EP hint in OFB box?  (Read 47425 times)
miramis
Juvenile Jackass

View Profile
Re: what!? no next EP hint in OFB box?
« Reply #100 on: 2006 March 01, 02:33:44 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I suck at Civ 4  Grin  But I do have an enjoyable time playing.  I don't like the later ages, once it gets to tanks and the like I'd rather start again.  If you want them to give you some breathing room turn on raging barbs, give them something else to think about.  Read the strategy threads at Apolyton.net for great advice. 

Yup, C&C:Red Alert 3 is in the works (EA GAMES).  It was announced in e-mails to the C&C fanbase and various bits of information can be found via Google.  Apparently it's still early days with that, though the website is up and possibly the forums.
sanmonroe
Circus Freak
Lipless Loser

Hates Furries.

View Profile
« Reply #101 on: 2006 March 01, 02:59:04 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Why should they put out another Ep when they can put out a 'pack' instead. The pack takes much less time to develop and they sell it (and simmers buy it) for almost the same price as the EPs.

Stupid to make an EP, from their point of view and that's all they care about!

Play world of warcraft--much better!

For the very reasons we said above.

And WoW is far too easy. Its like playing ts2 while using all the cheats. Decent to look at but no depth or challenge.

When you do something because of the internet that is wrong.
When you make love to a man in a giraffe outfit.
When you discover you masterbated online to a picture of a relative.

Webcest.
Jysudo
Nitwitted Nuisance

Super Shooter

View Profile
« Reply #102 on: 2006 March 01, 03:17:29 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I don't like Civilization 4.  It always seems that when I try to be peaceful the faction next to me always attack and whenever I constantly produce military units I get behind in technology and wealth.  Also, it seems that you have to make 10 million military units to take a base when attacking a computer, and they can take yours with only 2.

I wasn't even aware they were making a C&C:Red Alert 3.

which level are you playing?
They attack you because they think you are weak. If you are constantly producing those unit, why not bring ur ass to their land and quash them first? they can't take you with 2. not with ur cultural bonus. I think your strategy is somewhat screwed. Must read the forums posts for tips.

Civ 4 combat is so different compared to Civ3. Give me my stack of doom, baby! But Its more realistic and challenging now.
Yeah, w/o those patches, the game is shit. but I been hooking myself with Sims 2 and havent got back to Civ4.
When I got Civ4, I was so mad and obsessed that I took leave from work to play ...hahhaha.

I think Civ4 is so challenging. My other half plays at Deity level. can you believe that?I could never reach there....in a million years.

Go Away
miramis
Juvenile Jackass

View Profile
« Reply #103 on: 2006 March 01, 03:37:24 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

If you go into custom game you could try playing for the culture or diplo win instead.  With the last patch there were a couple of extra options added to the custom game too, you can disable war altogether (Always Peace) if you wanted.  This would give you a chance to learn the ropes more fully without worrying about military.  An early take-over of a neighbour can greatly help too (I wiped out a civ with 1 warrior once, they had nothing fortified in their only city  Shocked)
Paperbladder
Paperian Heretic
Lipless Loser

View Profile
« Reply #104 on: 2006 March 01, 03:41:36 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I usually play on Noble, but maybe I should actually try playing the game again since I haven't played once since they patched the thing.  I've actually taken a look at the CivFanatics forums for strategies but when I use those I must be doing something wrong because I get owned even worse than when I just don't use a strategy.

How is suiciding catapults realistic?  They were worthless the last time I played them.
miramis
Juvenile Jackass

View Profile
« Reply #105 on: 2006 March 01, 03:52:23 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Suiciding catapults are great, the ones that survive often get promoted and with the right promotions and luck can turn into wicked city attackers.  Civ Fanatics is another good site, though I tend to favour Apolyton.  Possibly because I've known of it longer and my favourite CTP mods were there *grin*.
Jysudo
Nitwitted Nuisance

Super Shooter

View Profile
« Reply #106 on: 2006 March 01, 03:53:40 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Capapults were useless in 3 but very powerful in 4. you need them to break down the cultural bonus of the cities.
I am playing at noble or monarch. I haven't win at Monarch yet though. Should really try.

What's everyone's fav civ?
Mine is the Saladin. Very powerful combination as well as the Chinese. I love the chinese.

Go Away
miramis
Juvenile Jackass

View Profile
« Reply #107 on: 2006 March 01, 04:00:02 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I have a couple of favourites.  Saladin, the guy with the Keshik (Kublai Khan?).  Isabella is my absolute favourite but I like to randomise my civs mostly to learn how they work.  I'm playing on prince at the momentI think, but sometimes go down a level or two after too much time has passed between games.  I'm very forgetful.
nocomment
Feckless Fool

View Profile
« Reply #108 on: 2006 March 01, 11:56:01 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I'm afraid Pescado is right.  There is no "Open For Business" expansion pack.

Even worse, there is no "Sims 2" game.  It's all a terrible scam by EA.  I just loaded up my "Sims 2" game, and saw this:

I'm afraid we were all tricked.  How could we be so silly?  You can't have little moving pictures on a computer!  It's impossible.
Entgleichen
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #109 on: 2006 March 02, 00:31:47 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Still, this looks like a game to me.
miramis
Juvenile Jackass

View Profile
« Reply #110 on: 2006 March 02, 03:24:37 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Even worse, there is no "Sims 2" game.  It's all a terrible scam by EA.  I just loaded up my "Sims 2" game, and saw this:

I'm afraid we were all tricked.  How could we be so silly?  You can't have little moving pictures on a computer!  It's impossible.

I used to play a good text based mud called Ashavars Legacy.  Spent many, many happy hours playing that, before TS2 came along to suck up my life.
BeckerCheez
Irritating Ignoramus

'cause I don't have anything else...

View Profile WWW
« Reply #111 on: 2006 March 02, 03:50:29 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Ack, I hear my bro playing Star Wars: Empire at War in the other room.  Damn good looking game, too bad I'm not that in to RTS.   Roll Eyes

I play WoW (level 40 today, whee!) and Sims 2.  Double the addiction, double the fun.   Grin

Poster Formerly Known as Chee-Z
Ellatrue
Terrible Twerp

ENFP, by popular request.

View Profile
« Reply #112 on: 2006 March 02, 09:16:55 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

geez cheez, don't forget to eat and pee

Jysudo
Nitwitted Nuisance

Super Shooter

View Profile
« Reply #113 on: 2006 March 02, 09:26:57 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

My entire life has been sucked up by the sims and people in RL are looking at me with disguist. The sims... are you mad? Girl's game? Eat sleep and work, blah blah blah...how fun could it be?

I haven't finished my other games I bought yet. Waste of $. I stop buying other games anymore.

So its 100% addiction to one game... Huh

Go Away
Baronetess
vcline
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile
« Reply #114 on: 2006 March 02, 16:17:16 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Jysudo, you've described my situation exactly.  My husband swears I'm addicted (I can quit any time I want!) and I have several unopened, uninstalled games.  Who needs RL anyway?
Swiftgold
Horrible Halfwit

View Profile
« Reply #115 on: 2006 March 02, 17:11:58 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I used to play a good text based mud called Ashavars Legacy.  Spent many, many happy hours playing that, before TS2 came along to suck up my life.

T'was DragonRealms for me. Alas, it went pay, and I always got tired of the various skilling anyway, so I never got very far in the guild...
« Last Edit: 2006 March 03, 19:57:21 by Swiftgold » Logged
jsalemi
Town Crier
Vacuous Vegetable

In dog we trust, all others pay cash...

View Profile
« Reply #116 on: 2006 March 02, 22:01:37 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Heck, I used to play (and love) the Zork games back on an Apple II.  They were just never quite the same when they came out with graphics versions...

Excelsior, you fathead!
I am Canadian.
Hairfish
Garrulous Gimp

View Profile
« Reply #117 on: 2006 March 04, 05:10:22 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I play Sims2 while wearing my fursuit.
Marg
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile
« Reply #118 on: 2006 March 04, 05:23:11 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Smiley

Aren't you cold?    Maybe it means something else where you live, but here it means skin.
  LOL       

Thanks for the chuckle
Shivani
Dimwitted Dunce

Efficiency is intelligent laziness.

View Profile
« Reply #119 on: 2006 March 04, 09:53:24 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

T'was DragonRealms for me. Alas, it went pay, and I always got tired of the various skilling anyway, so I never got very far in the guild...

"Went" pay?  (Did they not charge during beta?  I forget.)  Of course, now I'm curious as to which guild you played in.  I favored MM myself.  Now, back in the day, we all hung out in Gemstone over at, er, what was that damn service called again?  GEnie?  Then came the great freeze...or was it the thaw?  All I know is one day, laen weapons suddenly became rare.

Now, if only I could have a spider cloak IRL.  That'd freak some people out right good.
Jysudo
Nitwitted Nuisance

Super Shooter

View Profile
« Reply #120 on: 2006 March 04, 10:07:28 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Jysudo, you've described my situation exactly.  My husband swears I'm addicted (I can quit any time I want!) and I have several unopened, uninstalled games.  Who needs RL anyway?

You are worse than me! At least i installed them. and played for a couple of days/weeks before I miss my sims. The max time I been away from the sims were (drumroll) a grand total of  2 weeks (only). It was when Civ 4 first came out.

I think I am addicted and I cannot quit anytime I want to.  Argh. This is baad  Angry

Go Away
Swiftgold
Horrible Halfwit

View Profile
« Reply #121 on: 2006 March 04, 19:15:17 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

"Went" pay?  (Did they not charge during beta?  I forget.)  Of course, now I'm curious as to which guild you played in.  I favored MM myself.  Now, back in the day, we all hung out in Gemstone over at, er, what was that damn service called again?  GEnie?  Then came the great freeze...or was it the thaw?  All I know is one day, laen weapons suddenly became rare.

Now, if only I could have a spider cloak IRL.  That'd freak some people out right good.

It must have been near ten years ago, it was on AOL and you could have one character per screenname, as I recall. I was a cleric then; my sister always liked the bards. I did actually do the pay version a couple times, once as a cleric again and the second time, much more recently, as barbarian. Quite fun, actually, but I could never keep up with it or find a group to fight in, and the furthest I ever got was seventh circle.
Shivani
Dimwitted Dunce

Efficiency is intelligent laziness.

View Profile
« Reply #122 on: 2006 March 04, 19:29:28 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

It must have been near ten years ago, it was on AOL and you could have one character per screenname, as I recall. I was a cleric then; my sister always liked the bards. I did actually do the pay version a couple times, once as a cleric again and the second time, much more recently, as barbarian. Quite fun, actually, but I could never keep up with it or find a group to fight in, and the furthest I ever got was seventh circle.

That would explain it.  Mind you, I started out with a Ranger and a Thief Rogue in Gemstone, then dropped that (I couldn't really afford the $300-$400 monthly bills I was getting anyway for so many play hours) and moved to DR with a Thief.  Though when they made some change to the experience system (I forget exactly what happened), I used that opportunity to work the dickens out of my Thief and finally got her to 20th or 21st circle (and got that spiffy new title), and started a Moon Mage, which became my main character (hey, you have got to LOVE being able to kill anything with one shot of TKT, even using moldy cake , tufts of grass, and clover sprigs as ammunition [at the time, anyway]), not to mention gating people across the chasm on the way to Shard.

I think I was up to a thief, MM, cleric, and empath by the time I finally cashed in my chips and went cold turkey, and that included several bodies set aside simply to sit on the ships crossing the pond to the islands so I could check in and see approximately how long I'd have to wait for one to hit port.  Ah, remembering that original 4-hour trip over, pockets so weighted down with coin that I had to have some brawny fella haul me to my feet because my burden was so high....

I really miss it sometimes, but they're right.  Becoming a GM really does take some of the sparkle off things, and it's hard to properly rant about the state of things when you've got projects out the wazoo waiting for you to finishing coding, testing, etc.
ElviraGoth
Knuckleheaded Knob

Just another shitty day in paradise

View Profile
« Reply #123 on: 2006 March 05, 14:26:24 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

HitchHiker's Guide To The Galaxy on a C64 for me.  Also, I think the early King's Quest adventures were text only as well.  Oh, I miss Sierra!

Werewolf?<br />There! There wolf!  There castle!
sanmonroe
Circus Freak
Lipless Loser

Hates Furries.

View Profile
« Reply #124 on: 2006 March 05, 22:14:31 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Siera is still around and still making games.

http://www.sierra.com/

Vivendi owns them now.

When you do something because of the internet that is wrong.
When you make love to a man in a giraffe outfit.
When you discover you masterbated online to a picture of a relative.

Webcest.
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: