More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 May 12, 18:04:10

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540274 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6514 Members
Latest Member: Llama
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  Will you morons just stay out of her coffin??
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Will you morons just stay out of her coffin??  (Read 21085 times)
veilchen
Terrible Twerp

We are the ADS! Bow to us!!

View Profile
Re: Will you morons just stay out of her coffin??
« Reply #25 on: 2005 November 26, 17:59:04 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Thank you both, and thanks for the heads up.

*hangs her head in shame and trots over for a long overdue visit to www.simlogical.com*

Edit: Went and got it.

Thank you Inge, serves me right to have to suffer, if I don't smarten up. Works like the proverbial charm and then some. From now on I will check before whining. That'll learn me :D
« Last Edit: 2005 November 26, 20:21:36 by veilchen » Logged

~Having the last word is not all it's cracked up to be.~
~All we have to do is remove those who oppose us.~ (Saruman, LotR)
~Wir sind die Roboter~ http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R23e9VO_vOI&feature=related
JadeEliott
Garrulous Gimp

View Profile WWW
« Reply #26 on: 2005 November 26, 23:11:46 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

If i could not use inge's security system I would stop playing. Period. it is that good.

~The Isle of Thyme~
http://www.isleofthyme.net

The Isle of Thyme Succinctly Summed Up by ZiggyDoodle:
Exquisite.  Simply exquisite (but not at all simple!).
themaltesebippy
Exasperating Eyesore

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: 2005 November 27, 01:03:45 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I use custom beds, so the reservable bed/sleep clock would not work for me (at least that's the way I've read it in the RTFM's).

I use the sleep clock with custom beds and it works fine.  This humans sleeping in coffins is for the birds.  I have been setting sims on fire it pisses me off so much.  Glad the new APO is ready.

Edit:  Just downloaded the nice simlogical stuff too.
« Last Edit: 2005 November 27, 01:15:21 by themaltesebippy » Logged
SaraMK
Nefarious!
Terrible Twerp

Playing again.

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: 2005 November 27, 11:25:30 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Did any of you try http://www.variousimmers.net/vsimforum/showthread.php?t=3478 ? Supposedly it makes coffins for vamps only. I haven't tried it, since I have not yet had any vamps who live in the same house as non-vamps, but you could give it a try and see if it works properly.

Fail.
Motoki
Lord of the Nannies
Uncouth Undesirable

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: 2005 November 27, 12:50:06 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I hadn't seen it no because I don't go to that place. Tongue But while I very much like making the coffins for vamps only, I dislike removing the ability for sims to get killed from taking a peek inside one.  Angry

In communist China Peggy's hairs cut you!
Inge
Round Mound of Gray Fatness
Senator

Senator Emeritus. Oh hold on, I am still a senator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #30 on: 2005 November 27, 13:04:56 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I had to smile when I saw a couple of XPTL's downloads - saying something like "this is INGE JONES (whatever) with a different number in (attribute whatever)" or something like that  Cheesy   Still, at least he bothered with the credit!

\"They\'re here, on the forum. A question riddled, spoiler giving, speculative cancer of sim evil\" -- redearth, Snooty Sims, 2009
SaraMK
Nefarious!
Terrible Twerp

Playing again.

View Profile
« Reply #31 on: 2005 November 27, 21:30:39 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I hadn't seen it no because I don't go to that place. Tongue But while I very much like making the coffins for vamps only, I dislike removing the ability for sims to get killed from taking a peek inside one.  Angry

I think he explains how to remove that and make it so they can get killed.

Fail.
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #32 on: 2005 November 27, 23:17:39 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Heh, as far as I can tell, XPTL doesn't really create anything and mostly just rips off other people's hacks. He's like a meta-hacker, he doesn't make hacks, he hacks other people's hacks.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
BeckerCheez
Irritating Ignoramus

'cause I don't have anything else...

View Profile WWW
« Reply #33 on: 2005 November 27, 23:31:04 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Today I had my first Sims become vampires.  It was also the first time I experience people sleeping in the coffin when they're not supposed to.  It's funny that Heather Huffington loathes vampires yet I caught her sleeping in "Countess" Tiffany Sampson's coffin.   Roll Eyes  Fortunately I already had Myne Doors installed in every sorority chicks' bedroom, so a lock was put on Tiffany's door.   Cheesy

Poster Formerly Known as Chee-Z
Meek_Monkey
Feckless Fool

View Profile
« Reply #34 on: 2005 November 27, 23:42:37 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I came acroos this at another site but I am not sure u guys will like it. It stops other people getting into the coffins.

http://www.variousimmers.net/vsimforum/showthread.php?t=3478
Persephone
Irritating Ignoramus

View Profile
« Reply #35 on: 2005 November 28, 01:58:44 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Personally, I think they should act like real vampires - head for their coffins top of the list at the first hint of daylight and basically fall down dead in them, incapable of rising before the sun goes down unless they're masters or something. Getting up because the phone rang is, imo, breaking the genre :p

A REAL vampire?   Grin
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #36 on: 2005 November 28, 02:25:38 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Yes, well, that's not really how real vampires work at all. Real vampires are nothing so extreme, and don't sleep in coffins except maybe as a fetish thing. Some of us don't sleep at all. We all do hate sunlight, though, and drinking blood is a great way for us to fill our iron needs, not to mention quite tasty, but not strictly required.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
Oddysey
Nitwitted Nuisance

Robotic Baby Harp Seal!

View Profile
« Reply #37 on: 2005 November 28, 04:18:08 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

JM, I thought you got all your iron from raw meat. Or is that included under drinking blood? And all your fiber from top secret documents, too. You have truly strange dietary habits.
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #38 on: 2005 November 28, 04:18:42 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The raw meat is bloody, of course. Also, your Oddsey nation requires your attention.

BlueSoup
Super-Deformed Bobblehead
Vacuous Vegetable

View Profile
« Reply #39 on: 2005 November 28, 04:20:00 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

JM, I thought you got all your iron from raw meat. Or is that included under drinking blood? And all your fiber from top secret documents, too. You have truly strange dietary habits.

You should hear about the rats.  Lips sealed
themaltesebippy
Exasperating Eyesore

View Profile
« Reply #40 on: 2005 November 28, 06:32:49 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

That hack by XPTL conflicts with another mod that keeps the vamps from coming out of their coffins during the day.

The other mod is from DJSims.
« Last Edit: 2005 November 29, 00:14:41 by themaltesebippy » Logged
Ancient Sim
Dead Member

Back from the dead ...

View Profile WWW
« Reply #41 on: 2005 November 28, 06:49:41 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

That hack by XPTL conflicts with another mod that keeps the vamps from coming out of their coffins during the day.

I think maybe several things conflict with that, because it certainly doesn't work properly in my game - thanks for the heads-up, I'll take it out because I'd rather have the other one, I'm getting so fed-up of my YA's constantly trying to get into the dormie's coffin.  I've noticed that when they're really tired they go to their beds, it's only when their energy reaches a certain level (probably about 80% in the yellow) that they try to get in the coffins.  Normally they wouldn't try to sleep at that stage (except some really inactive ones), so I'm not sure what it is they're after.  It can't be comfort, so goodness only knows what it is.  Maybe they just want a bed with a lid.

Some favourite Sim thingies:  Film:  Lord of the Sims; Song: Losing My Sim by SIM; Book: Interview With the Sim by Sim Rice; Smell: Fried Simions; Colour: Simple.
Sagana
Stupid Schlemiel

View Profile
« Reply #42 on: 2005 November 28, 22:08:40 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Yes, well, that's not really how real vampires work at all. Real vampires are nothing so extreme, and don't sleep in coffins except maybe as a fetish thing. Some of us don't sleep at all. We all do hate sunlight, though, and drinking blood is a great way for us to fill our iron needs, not to mention quite tasty, but not strictly required.

oh, just another "wanna-bleh-bleh" Nowadays every guy with pale skin and a dark cape thinks he's a blood brother of the grand master. (to paraphrase a rather good show) :p

At least Thessaly knew what she was playing at, not that it really helped her overmuch.

Not wiccanly and doesn't wish you blessed be,
     Sagana

Unsouper
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #43 on: 2005 November 28, 22:44:13 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

oh, just another "wanna-bleh-bleh" Nowadays every guy with pale skin and a dark cape thinks he's a blood brother of the grand master. (to paraphrase a rather good show) :p
Heh, there's no grand master. "Vampirism" actually has several causes, often genetic in nature, that causes people to adopt lifestyles that superstitious peasants consider "vampires".

Sagana
Stupid Schlemiel

View Profile
« Reply #44 on: 2005 November 28, 23:10:14 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The peasants are revolting.

And you never know where you'll end up next.

It's dangerous to be that definite about things.

Edit: Spelling, spelling. I meant to be discussing certainty, not stress
« Last Edit: 2005 November 28, 23:19:16 by sagana » Logged

Unsouper
BeckerCheez
Irritating Ignoramus

'cause I don't have anything else...

View Profile WWW
« Reply #45 on: 2005 November 28, 23:36:45 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Why is it that my college Sims are treating vampirism like it's the plague.  It's almost a Tiffany-Witch-Hunt going on at the Tri Var Sorority.   Roll Eyes  Only one other Sim wants to be a vampire, and his ugly looks would suit the part.   Cheesy

Poster Formerly Known as Chee-Z
Carmelita
Feckless Fool

View Profile
« Reply #46 on: 2005 November 29, 02:04:14 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I finally just plunked the coffin in a room with an APO panel.  I hesitated to try that first because I've had difficulty with APO before, but I found out that's mainly because I had an old version.  Now that I have a recent version of the security system all configured correctly it works fine.  I'll have to unlock the door if I ever want anybody to peek in the coffin, but that's no huge hardship.   Smiley

For someone who has nothing to complain about,
I'm pretty good at it.
Persephone
Irritating Ignoramus

View Profile
« Reply #47 on: 2005 December 07, 15:10:01 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Just a quick question about this... I haven't been able to play since nightlife is out because of my real life... (ew real life sucks, but I'll be back home and simming in one week) so I was wondering if someone would breifly explain the limitations of flying as a bat?  I had the idea of sealing off a room that humans couldn't reach (like on higher floor without stairs) and having the vampire fly up to it at dawn.  Now I'm thinking that probably the bat flight thing isn't that useful.
astraled
Asinine Airhead

Minty Fresh!

View Profile
« Reply #48 on: 2005 December 07, 23:37:04 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

They can only fly on normal walking paths. If a normal sim can't get there, neither can the vamp Roll Eyes. Stupid Maxis.

Persephone
Irritating Ignoramus

View Profile
« Reply #49 on: 2005 December 08, 11:43:08 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

They can only fly on normal walking paths. If a normal sim can't get there, neither can the vamp Roll Eyes. Stupid Maxis.

There goes my brilliant idea.   Angry
Pages: 1 [2] 3 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: