More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 May 05, 21:48:17

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540273 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6513 Members
Latest Member: Linnie
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  Sticky Aspiration?
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Sticky Aspiration?  (Read 6457 times)
Assmitten
Whiny Wussy

Poop poop

View Profile
Sticky Aspiration?
« on: 2008 May 07, 17:13:36 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

So, things are more loosey-goosey now that sims can have a primary and secondary aspiration, I have seen.

Yesterday I had a romance/knowledge sim that I wanted to breed, so I changed him to a family/knowledge sim with the Orb thingie. All was well, and he promptly rolled a want to get engaged to the person he had humped the most, which is what I usually find when I make this switch.

I married them off with a locked want to get married, and with no fear of getting married, and he got the red rings over his head. Sure enough, he now has a bad memory of getting married to the sim he wanted to marry. It seems that this aspect of being a romance sim stuck for him. Has anyone else ever seen this? I don't care so much about the memory, I am just hoping this won't screw things up too badly.

<notovny> Aww, yeah, WOODBEAST.
<kutto> Keep it in your pants, notovny.
Count
jolrei
Senator

Son of Perdition

View Profile
Re: Sticky Aspiration?
« Reply #1 on: 2008 May 07, 17:21:14 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Yes, this has happened to me without changing any aspirations.  In MATY hood, both Rohina and Jordi had a positive want to marry, and no fear of marriage - they are Knowledge-Popularity and Knowledge-Fortune types (no Romance asp anyway).  Rohina also had a want for a wedding party, so she made the call.  Want rolled nicely.  Party continued through the wedding and the cake cutting, and was a roof raiser (hey, a wedding, delicious caek, and two deaths by cow plant - what more could you ask for?).  Rohina and Jordi had a nice slow dance after the wedding with the red rings floating above their heads.  I'll have to check the memories.

So far it has not had any adverse effect on my game itself - I'm thinking "just one of those things."

Tribulatio proxima est
Assmitten
Whiny Wussy

Poop poop

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2008 May 07, 17:28:39 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Well, she was marrying JORDI, FFS.

Hmm, okay. Maybe it's nothing, then.

gynarchy
Lipless Loser

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2008 May 07, 17:33:32 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I thought that the FT aspiration fix was supposed to give the correct memories for engagement/marriage but I had two Pleasure Sims get engaged - one got a green memory and the other got a red one. Both their marriage memories were green because they both married rich, so I don't know what they would have been otherwise. I *think* that the pulled FT patch puts everything back to normal because I just had a Knowledge/Popularity Sim receive a green marriage memory.

Opera loving chickens. Can't eat them. Can't vote for them. Can't wear them as a hat.
Sigmund
Knuckleheaded Knob

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2008 May 07, 17:43:31 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I *think* that the pulled FT patch puts everything back to normal because I just had a Knowledge/Popularity Sim receive a green marriage memory.

All right, I'm a little confused about this, so I figure this is a relevant thread to post it in: the patch DOES solve this, then? Why did EAxis pull it in the first place if it actually fixes something for once?

I sing along with elevator music.
Swiftgold
Horrible Halfwit

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2008 May 07, 17:47:38 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I *think* that the pulled FT patch puts everything back to normal because I just had a Knowledge/Popularity Sim receive a green marriage memory.

All right, I'm a little confused about this, so I figure this is a relevant thread to post it in: the patch DOES solve this, then? Why did EAxis pull it in the first place if it actually fixes something for once?

It broke something else, as I recall - making custom clothes with the sewing machine got borked with the patch somehow.
Assmitten
Whiny Wussy

Poop poop

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2008 May 07, 17:48:42 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I thought they were going to re-release it. We just have to wait, because they already have some of our money. There is new product to flog!

gynarchy
Lipless Loser

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 2008 May 07, 17:54:23 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

There was the problem with the skins.package if you created any custom clothing on the sewing machine and another problem with the objects.package, not sure what the cause of that one was though. There is a copy of the patch here if you want to try installing it. If it doesn't install you can replace the corrupted file with a clean one off the CD (it should tell you which file is causing the error in installation), but IIRC you'll lose any custom clothing you made.

Opera loving chickens. Can't eat them. Can't vote for them. Can't wear them as a hat.
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 2008 May 08, 11:50:48 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

If you have one of the either the p0 DC ftaspfix, the Jeffistani version, or the patch, this problem should be fixed.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
Assmitten
Whiny Wussy

Poop poop

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 2008 May 08, 17:23:38 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

If you have one of the either the p0 DC ftaspfix, the Jeffistani version, or the patch, this problem should be fixed.

How weird, I don't have ftaspfix. I know I DL'ed the DC recently, too. Excellent.

ETA: okay, and now I hear word that ftaspfx has been pulled. I am trying to install the patch.
« Last Edit: 2008 May 08, 17:46:06 by Assmitten » Logged

jsalemi
Town Crier
Vacuous Vegetable

In dog we trust, all others pay cash...

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 2008 May 08, 18:32:43 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

ETA: okay, and now I hear word that ftaspfx has been pulled. I am trying to install the patch.

It was pulled only if you have the patch -- I believe TJ says to use it if you haven't patched FT.

Excelsior, you fathead!
I am Canadian.
Assmitten
Whiny Wussy

Poop poop

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 2008 May 08, 19:06:17 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I mean, ftaspfx is no longer in the DC. He gave me the patch instead. I am late to the FT game, so I never saw/got ftaspfx. It's all good, I am patched now.

jsalemi
Town Crier
Vacuous Vegetable

In dog we trust, all others pay cash...

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 2008 May 08, 21:48:16 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I mean, ftaspfx is no longer in the DC. He gave me the patch instead. I am late to the FT game, so I never saw/got ftaspfx. It's all good, I am patched now.

Ok, good -- if anyone else just wants ftaspfx, TJ still has it over on simbology.

Excelsior, you fathead!
I am Canadian.
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: