More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 May 26, 02:52:15

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540275 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6514 Members
Latest Member: Llama
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  This... BFF spam
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: This... BFF spam  (Read 4644 times)
Swiftgold
Horrible Halfwit

View Profile
This... BFF spam
« on: 2008 March 16, 20:50:07 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

So I broke down and got Freetime... I spent time preparing and so I haven't had any bugs or things so far. It's pretty fun to try to find what their OTH is, even if in some cases I have to change it because it really doesn't fit.

Unfortunately, however, this BFF memory spam is starting to make me cross. I have BFFs Are For 12s in, but it doesn't seem to be doing much, unfortunately. I've played a few families so far and one of my adult Sims has two whole rows now of this "Made a BFF!" and of course it's all their families, which is especially annoying because of course they've been best friends with their family members since they were babies. The worst one, however, I just discovered with one of my "when are you going to die already" elders, whose BFFs are all dead. BFFs are for the Living?

Anyway, if I remove this spam from their memories by hand, will it just come back again? And if there are any other limiting hacks on this thing, I'd love to know about it - especially anything that curtails BFFs that are dead and BFFs that are their mothers Tongue 
Milhouse Trixibelle Saltfucker III
Saltfucking Weasel
Terrible Twerp

How is a weasel like a writing desk?

View Profile
Re: This... BFF spam
« Reply #1 on: 2008 March 16, 21:44:20 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

BFFs are for 12s, AFAIK, only prevents the adult sims from making new Best Friends. Lot Debugger may remove the memories, as it sounds like the kind of thing Pescado would consider spam, but I'm not sure. However, the memories probably won't come back again. However, I'd like to stress that I am Non-Awesome, so take my advice with care.

04:49 <@Pescado> That seems somehow unnecessarily cruel.

21:17 < Kewian> Trixie one day you are going to pay for your crimes.

Your source for blood and circuses.
Solowren
Senator

A flock of crapped nerds

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2008 March 16, 22:01:24 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Yes, but Swiftgold has BFFs are for 12s, and it isn't working. As do I. I also have adults with BFFs, unfortunately. It makes me sad in my pants. Sad

Pyromaniac
Corpulent Cretin

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2008 March 17, 02:42:06 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

So, wait - you have the hack installed, but your adult sims continue to make BFFs? Or are those just the BFFs they made before the hack was installed (or from whence they were children)?
morriganrant
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2008 March 17, 02:49:06 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

BFF nonsense now limited to 12 and under or family. Seriously, have you ever
heard an adult have such silliness in anything other than a decidedly sarcastic
way? 12s keep them when growing up, but do not gain any more afterwards.

The adults still can have bffs, they just have to be family. It's not that it isn't working, it's that it's not made in a way that makes swiftgold happy. AKA: squashed BFF memory SPAM. I'm sure Pes will find it annoying sooner or later. Kinda like the noaplusspam.
« Last Edit: 2008 March 17, 02:55:29 by morriganrant » Logged

One day in college I was feeling very stupid. So I drove with Ben down to Maitland and toured EA Tiburon for an hour as an 'honorary intern'. I left feeling MUCH smarter. I recommend the experience to everyone.  -this is a quote from an Ex-boyfriend of mine..
http://www.mediafire.com/?ng20de0zmly
gynarchy
Lipless Loser

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2008 March 17, 02:52:33 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

It sounds like her Sims have a lot of family members and they can still become BFFs even with JMP's hack - read the hack description again. He also says in the BFF hack thread that becoming BFFs with long-deceased relatives is an EAxian "feature" but it would be corrected in the next version (which I presume isn't available yet since it is still occurring).

Opera loving chickens. Can't eat them. Can't vote for them. Can't wear them as a hat.
Kyna
Terrible Twerp

An ass with great insight

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2008 March 17, 03:13:27 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

If you want to get rid of those BFF memories & icons in the friendship panel, then shift-click on the lot debugger while in debug mode.  There's an option to clear BFFs.

<br />Also, thank god for Google spellcheck. Otherwise, this post would be intelligible. <br />
<br />Declared \\\\\\\"Male\\\\\\\" by Pescado on 8th April, 2009
Faizah
Lipless Loser

INFP/INTJ

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: 2008 March 17, 03:31:23 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

What would be awesome - and squash the BFF with the Dead - would be if you had to interact with the sim before they attained BFF.

Sim teen A has been best friends with Sim teen B since childhood, enough time has passed to be eligible for BFF status.
Sim Teen A calls Sim Teen B for a chat, or brings Sim B home from school, or runs into Sim B on a community lot. BFF!

It's crazy that you can just make best friends, more or less ignore them, and still get BFFs.

doren
Corpulent Cretin

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 2008 March 17, 07:51:34 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I love BFF's. There are massive lifetime point boosters, several of my sims are on constant platinum and even while there visiting others or sleeping I see these 5000+ symbols popping up over their head. It  makes their lifetime meter climb to a level which they should have had in the first time (and hopefully balances the motive decay when I play them longer).
Swiftgold
Horrible Halfwit

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 2008 March 17, 15:49:31 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Ahh, I see that family is included... I kind of wish it wasn't (at least the family in the house with them), but I'll be happy as long as the deaduns get squashed sometime. And ooh, I always forget about the shift-click and the lot debugger, thanks! It's such a minor issue, but sometimes those are the most annoying in this game, sigh...
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: