More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 May 15, 09:44:34

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540275 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6514 Members
Latest Member: Llama
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  Is this hack possible - toggle daylight in live mode?
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Is this hack possible - toggle daylight in live mode?  (Read 3397 times)
nocomment
Feckless Fool

View Profile
Is this hack possible - toggle daylight in live mode?
« on: 2007 May 22, 13:14:39 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I've brought this up on a couple of message boards, and no one seems interested.  When I take photos at night, I go into buy mode and toggle daylight on.  Then I go back to live mode and play a moment longer, then back to buy mode to make it light enough for a good photo.  This is time consuming and annoying.

Now it's even worse.  When I go into buy mode the snow disappears!  This is great for building, but not great for photos.

Is it even possible to make a hack like I want?  I would want to make it daylight in live mode, and continue playing normally.

bimbelina
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
Re: Is this hack possible - toggle daylight in live mode?
« Reply #1 on: 2007 May 22, 14:23:45 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Use InSim to change the time of day, then change it back?
Zazazu
Fuzzy Pumpkin
Whiny Wussy

Potiron flou

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2007 May 22, 15:47:31 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Or just bring up the cheat console and enter "sethour X" where the hour is in simplified military time. (1 for 1:00 am, 13 for 1:00 pm, 19 for 7 pm). No need to get a kitten-or-puppy killer.

Capitalism, Ho!
"Continue to beat it in masturbatory ecstasy if you like, but only Pescado can make it go away." - Lemmiwinks
My Urinal
bimbelina
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2007 May 22, 16:19:44 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Or just bring up the cheat console and enter "sethour X" where the hour is in simplified military time. (1 for 1:00 am, 13 for 1:00 pm, 19 for 7 pm). No need to get a kitten-or-puppy killer.

Thanks, didn't know about that cheat.  That probably will work better than InSim anyway, which is very twitchy when changing times.  You don't always get the time you expect.
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2007 May 22, 16:36:31 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Sethour will also zero the minutes. Unpredictable results may occur. You can try Timewarp on the Lot Sync Timer. It is recommended that you readvance back the hours you lost and don't leave it warped for too long.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
nocomment
Feckless Fool

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2007 May 24, 06:34:01 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Thanks for the suggestions, but I'd be afraid to tamper with time to that degree.  I take night photos pretty much every night, sometimes for long sequences. 

Night has that curse that it looks fine while you're playing, but the photos are too dark.  I'm currently doing an "evil" sequence, and I'm using spotlights underneath. 

nocomment
Feckless Fool

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2007 May 26, 10:47:20 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I just realized this problem is more serious than I thought.  Changing the time won't work with vampires.

I find it so frustrating that light can be toggled on and off in buy and build, but not in live mode.

« Last Edit: 2007 May 26, 10:57:53 by nocomment » Logged
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: