TOOL: 3Booter, the Incooperative Game Kicker

(1/72) > >>

J. M. Pescado:
Is your game refusing to cooperate and crashes immediately after looking like this a lot?

We don't know what causes it, and this won't solve that, but at least you won't have to relaunch the game. Just plop it in your root install directory next to resource.cfg and Mods directory, and point your shortcut at 3booter.exe instead. If the game crashes within 30 seconds of an attempted start, 3booter will kick it in the taco.

3booter-win.zip

J. M. Pescado:
NEW UPDATE
Directions above have been revised: 3booter should be moved from game/bin to just the root install directory (although because you meatheads never listen, I spent an hour making sure it will actually function anyway even if you do it wrong and keep doing things the old way).

A discovery has also been made regarding "WHY TS3 WILL KILL YOUR COMPUTER". The short gist of this is that even though the game itself only runs internally at 30 FPS, the game has NO VSYNC and therefore, absolutely NO LIMITATIONS on how fast it will try to render. It will therefore happily run your expensive new video card at unnecessary speeds (I saw mine rendering at like 90-100+), causing it to rapidly overheat and die.

This program, stripped down for TS3's purposes, will prevent this in combination with 3booter:
fpslimit.zip
Unzip into the same place you put 3booter, regardless of whether you actually follow directions properly.

FAILURE TO DO THIS CAN RESULT IN YOUR VERY EXPENSIVE NEW VIDEO CARD BECOMING A VERY EXPENSIVE LUMP OF FUSED HARDWARE!
On the other hand, if your computer is a piece of shit, you have nothing to worry about, you probably can't render 30 fps, anyway.

leofwen:
Quote from: J. M. Pescado on 2009 July 02, 08:47:17

NEW UPDATE
Directions above have been revised: 3booter should be moved from game/bin to just the root install directory

This program, stripped down for TS3's purposes, will prevent this in combination with 3booter:
fpslimit.zip
Unzip into the same place you put 3booter, regardless of whether you actually follow directions properly.

I took 3booter out of the game/bin and placed it in the root install directory...  works fine.  I unzipped the fpslimit to the same place as 3booter.. root install directory.  But with fpslimit installed the game will not boot up.  I see a dos window flash open for a second but no game start up.  If I take out the fpslimit files and start the game with 3booter it starts up with no problem.

I tried seeing if the game would boot up if I took 3booter and fpslimit files out of the root install directory and placed them in the Game/Bin folder... same thing happens I see a dos window flash for a second then nothing but when I take out the fpslimit files and the game starts up fine by way of 3booter. 

Not sure what I am doing wrong.

J. M. Pescado:
What directory did you install the game in? Because I can't reproduce this issue at all.

leofwen:
All my programs are installed on Local Disk (H:)(due to some things this computer case has added to it)  so the game is installed at H:Program Files/Electronic Arts/The Sims 3.   I had a feeling mine being H: not C: could be the problem but not sure how to go about making changes... lol

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page