More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 May 03, 10:56:58

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6513 Members
Latest Member: Linnie
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  Anti Generate Townies (But Not Pets)
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Anti Generate Townies (But Not Pets)  (Read 3962 times)
Simgoose
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
Anti Generate Townies (But Not Pets)
« on: 2007 August 20, 03:20:11 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Hi Guys...

I'm using the anti-gen townies and dormies mod in my game. and i want to remove the townie one for a moment to create some townies..
but doing this creates pets as well... is there either a mod i can install to stop townie pets from being created, or what would you suggest?

Regards.
Zazazu
Fuzzy Pumpkin
Whiny Wussy

Potiron flou

View Profile
Re: Anti Generate Townies (But Not Pets)
« Reply #1 on: 2007 August 20, 04:18:30 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

You can still generate townies through the mailbox method (boolProp + shift-clicking on mailbox + Neighborhood...generate townies) with anti regen. You can also create them in CAS and use Inge's shrub or the in-game alternative (boolProp + shift-click on sim + spawn...npc & townie tree). Antiregen just keeps the game from making them itself without your ok.

Capitalism, Ho!
"Continue to beat it in masturbatory ecstasy if you like, but only Pescado can make it go away." - Lemmiwinks
My Urinal
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2007 August 20, 05:39:34 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

No Townie Respawn is a seperate item from No Stray respawn. The two should not be related and removing the no-Townie-respawn will not affect strays.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
Simgoose
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2007 August 20, 05:58:54 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

No Townie Respawn is a seperate item from No Stray respawn. The two should not be related and removing the no-Townie-respawn will not affect strays.
This could possibly what i'm missing from my downloads... i will check tonight to see if i have the No Stray respawn in there... if not ill find it.
cheers
Invisigoth
Peedrinker
Malodorous Moron

INTP: pensive analytical skeptic.

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2007 August 20, 15:42:38 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

For some reason the mailbox generate townies doesn't work in my game, so another alternative is the townie tree. You shift click your sim and select spawn npc and townie tree, then click on the tree and select...can't remember if its force create townies or generate townies, but its something like that.  Can't miss it. 
For anyone who cares, I don't get an error or anything when I use the mailbox, it just hangs for about 30 minutes and no new character files.  I've actually walked away and let it run for about an hour before to see if I was just being impatient.  Nothing. But clearly I have a workaround so I'm not too concerned with making the mailbox work right.

A queue is a line. A cue is a pool stick or a hint or guiding suggestion.
Zazazu
Fuzzy Pumpkin
Whiny Wussy

Potiron flou

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2007 August 20, 16:06:30 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

You know, I've had a time or two when it will error out. No idea why, and it usually works again when I reload the game. I always run the random generator for townies and downtownies right after creating a new 'hood, and periodically if I feel things are getting stale. I would say that I laugh in the face of this supposed character file limit, but as my 'hoods rarely reach 300 as it is, I doubt that's ever going to be an issue. Urban Paradise is at 297 as of last night due to my Free Love Cult breeding like bunnies, and I've run the townie generator maybe three extra times, one for townies, downtownies, and dormies.

Capitalism, Ho!
"Continue to beat it in masturbatory ecstasy if you like, but only Pescado can make it go away." - Lemmiwinks
My Urinal
Magicmoon
Querulous Quidnunc

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2007 August 20, 16:50:52 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

...I've run the townie generator maybe three extra times, one for townies, downtownies, and dormies.

I have empty templates and notownie respawn. I decided that I wanted dormies for a particular hood, so I spawned the tree on a dorm lot and created townies. But it was awful. It created about 5 duplicate Sims, then about 5 aliens, then a new Sim but several duplicates of that one, then more duplicates of the aliens, etc. I left without saving, went back in, and the same thing happened. (The aliens that it was making are aliens that are in CAS because I use the multi-pollination mod. But the aliens are in the adult section, not YA section. Weird.)

Then I went to the regular hood and created townies from there. This time it worked perfect, generating 30 townies, with no duplicates that I could see, and no aliens. I went back to the Uni hood and attempted to spawn dormies by again spawning townies, and I got the same weirdness with aliens and duplicates that I got before.

Anyone know what I did wrong? I don't want to remove notownie regen from the game because I want some dormies, but not townies. (I only spawned townies in the regular hood for testing purposes and didn't save afterward).

Running: Sims2, University, Nightlife, OFB, Pets, Seasons, BV, FT and AL
jrd
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 2007 August 20, 16:59:22 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

You're not actually getting aliens or duplicates. The thumbnails are just wrong as of Pets.

Spawn the lot, then look in SimPE. They're normal townies/downtownie clones/dormies.
Magicmoon
Querulous Quidnunc

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 2007 August 20, 20:11:50 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

You know, I forgot about how messed up the CAS thumbnails have been lately. I bet you are right. That helps a whole load of problems.

Thanks. Grin

Running: Sims2, University, Nightlife, OFB, Pets, Seasons, BV, FT and AL
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: