More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 May 04, 13:31:03

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540271 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6513 Members
Latest Member: Linnie
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  Oops! You Broke It!
| | | |-+  Trailer Park issue
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Trailer Park issue  (Read 5894 times)
phyllis_p
Stupid Schlemiel

ISFJ - a tasty phyllis snack?

View Profile
Trailer Park issue
« on: 2009 February 02, 20:56:00 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I took a long break from play TS2, and only recently returned to it and got Freetime and Apartment Life.  I also have all EPs and stuff packs through BV, but not the more recent stuff packs.

I took the trailer park that is in the lot bin and placed in in Strangetown.  I had a couple of different Sims live there at different times with no problem.  And then there was Amy.  Amy was a new Uni grad, and I moved her into the trailer park and had her rent the trailer that has the vibrating bed in it (the one that the chick in Belladonna Cove lives in).  When she went to sign the lease, the game crashed -- "this application has failed etc."  Started up the game again -- she was still at the trailer park but not associated with a trailer.  Tried to sign the lease for that trailer again.  Crash.  (I should note that she was renting the apartment furnished).

I moved Amy back to the family bin and bulldozed the trailer park, then placed what I assumed was a fresh copy in the neighborhood.  This time I was able to move her in and successfully sign the lease, so I played for a few minutes, saved, and exited.  Moved her cousin, Samoa Joe, into the trailer park, and successfully had him sign the lease on the large trailer at the left of the lot.  Played a few minutes, saved and exited, then went back to Amy.  Music started to stutter on Amy's loading screen -- crash.  Tried again.  Crash. 

Went back to Samoa Joe's with no problem, and just for fun cleared the bad apartment residencies with the lot debugger.  Silly me -- I thought these would all be gone because it was a new lot.  Nope -- it cleared 8.  So I thought maybe Amy's trailer would be okay now.  Nope.  Crash during loading screen.  (Note: no playable character had ever lived in or visited Amy's trailer in the park's previous incarnation).

Rather than move Amy back to the family bin, I went to Samoa Joe's and had him ask her to move in.  No problem.  They're sharing the large trailer now and everything seems fine, except no one has moved into the borked trailer.  It's marked vacant, and I can see all the furniture in it except for the vibrating bed.

Since the cousins are fine now and going to marry their respective fiances shortly and move to different places, I don't consider that I have a "Problem" with a capital "P."  However, I remain curious about what happened and wonder if I can ever use that trailer successfully, even if I bulldoze the lot.  An insights welcomed.

Vita brevis, Ars longa.                

"And so goest thy butthurt n00bs whosoever cannot have accolades and benes heaped upon them, as in the manner of vomit from a sorority girl, to which they are accustomed." lemmiwinks 1:1
Simsample
Knuckleheaded Knob

View Profile
Re: Trailer Park issue
« Reply #1 on: 2009 February 02, 21:02:59 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

There seems to be a problem with this lot. Someone on MTS2 noticed this, so I tested and found the same issue. If you make any changes to the baselot it seems to result in crashing. I've not tested it without changing the baselot- I'm assuming this must have been how you managed to play it before, though. The test I did was to replace one of the playground items then move someone in. It always resulted with a crash.
phyllis_p
Stupid Schlemiel

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2009 February 02, 21:26:58 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Interesting.

In the original lot, I didn't make any changes, though someone did steal a gnome and never brought it back.  But I bulldozed that lot.  The one I put down to replace it (which was the copy still in the lot bin) had never been played and had no changes made to it.

Vita brevis, Ars longa.                

"And so goest thy butthurt n00bs whosoever cannot have accolades and benes heaped upon them, as in the manner of vomit from a sorority girl, to which they are accustomed." lemmiwinks 1:1
Baron
Marhis
Terrible Twerp

ISTP. Officially male since she plays MUDs

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2009 February 03, 06:38:32 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Add me to the crash club. I don't know what exactly are the issues of this lot, but it keeps acting too weird to cope with.

I say that a wise, when he does not know what he is talking about, should know enough to keep his mouth shut. -- C. Collodi, Pinocchio.
------
The one and only Rhayden's AIDE. Accept no substitutes.
Emma
Goopy Lover
Dead Member

All Pescados Suck.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: 2009 February 03, 07:05:35 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

When I first played that lot, with the blonde sim, I had spawning baristas. I moved her out and demolished the lot. I hate apartments, and the only ones I play are 1 unit rented houses, no neighbouring tenants. I have no problems with them at all.

phyllis_p
Stupid Schlemiel

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2009 February 03, 12:26:35 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Hmm.  Based on the experiences I'm hearing, I guess I may have to build my own trailer park if I want one, reluctant and unawesome builder though I am.  Maybe I can bribe my sweetie to do it.  He's a great builder, but he's more fond of custom content than I am.

Vita brevis, Ars longa.                

rosess
Dimwitted Dunce

I caught you a deelishus bass

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2009 February 03, 22:31:33 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

That bed is currently causing errors on my lots - not immediately, but once it hits someone's queue (conflict search pending).  If you haven't played it successfully in another lot, it might be worth checking to see if the bed is the problem. 
Scratch
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 2009 February 03, 22:55:46 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

This has always been my trailer park of choice,

http://www.insimenator.org/index.php/topic,14365.0.html

Doesn't take much to make it into an apartment type lot, because i hate building to.

This is the lot i learned Pescado's lesson on... Shocked    I fixed it up, changed it to Apartment, moved sims in, found out I couldn't use room dividers in apartments, moved sims out, changed it back to residential, removed dividers, changed back to apartment, moved sims back into 2 of the lots, then all hell broke loose. Neighbours would come out of trailers with almost all needs in red, all lost their jobs in one day, including my other playable on the lot, and it kept getting worse. I bulldozed it and i'm just recreating it now.... but it makes a great base lot..

Enjoy
nocomment
Feckless Fool

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 2009 February 05, 05:57:17 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Aha, this explains a problem I had.  I changed an apartment to residential, edited, then made it an apartment again.  I moved two sims into one of the apartments.  One day one of them wandered off the lot and never came back!  Even though the other sim was still there, a townie moved into their old apartment.  Very weird stuff.

Is there a good guide to apartment building somewhere?  Does anyone have a handy list of what NOT to do?
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: