More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 May 06, 21:14:09

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540274 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6513 Members
Latest Member: Linnie
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  Just me making things too complicated yet again...
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Just me making things too complicated yet again...  (Read 4927 times)
Avalikia
Furry Lover
Obtuse Oaf

View Profile
Just me making things too complicated yet again...
« on: 2006 July 29, 01:20:11 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I want to take my townie and downtownie children and put them into the adoption pool so that they can be adopted by my playable families.  The reason I want to do this as opposed to any other method of moving them in is that I want them to be related to my current playables.  I know that children (and younger sims) are put into a special family when they're taken to the Social Worker, but I have three problems:

1. I don't remember the correct family instance.
2. I don't know if it's possible to create this family outside of the game and I'm not willing to let one of my current playable children get taken by the social worker just so that the correct family is shows up in SimPe.  Nor do I like the idea of creating a new, unwanted child to get taken by the social worker since then I'll have to find some way to get rid of them and end up with yet another set of useless files in my neighborhood's package.
3. I don't know if simply adding them to that family will even work.

Any advice/pokings?

All generalizations are false, including this one.
Ness
Hairy-Bellied Heretic
Terrible Twerp

DOWN WITH CHEESE!

View Profile
Re: Just me making things too complicated yet again...
« Reply #1 on: 2006 July 29, 02:05:13 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

You could try using Inge's teleporter shrub and put a playable child up for adoption there - no memories and they are retreivable by the same method.

This is something I've thought of doing...  so I'd be interested in seeing how you go.
aqualectrix
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2006 July 29, 02:22:49 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Heck, you could try just teleporting the (down)townie kid in and putting it up for adoption with the shrub.  You may or may not have to move it in first, but that's doable with the shrub as well.

That's more-or-less how I populate my adoption pool with created kids, anyway.
Avalikia
Furry Lover
Obtuse Oaf

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2006 July 29, 03:10:48 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The shrub can do that?!?  *Avalikia downloads it immeadiately
I was thinking of getting it anyway, but I don't know all its functions since I've never seen any RTFM-type thing for it.

Woah, I just realized what RTFM is an acronym for.

daephene
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2006 July 29, 03:35:15 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I've been adding all the townie children to the Landgraab family with the cheat that came with OFB.  I used the cheat to make him know everyone, and every day he'd call up a child and get the relationship high enough to invite them over, and as soon as they walked on the lot I added them to the family.  I'm training them to create a useful employee pool, but it would be easy enough to get them taken by the social worker and then they'd be available for adoption. 

Gwill
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2006 July 29, 07:44:11 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

You don't really need a FM for the Inge shrubs.  If you see the menu on it you'll understand what everything does.

Dibs on Darth Telligent!
INTJ bordering on P
Want to know where babies come from?
Avalikia
Furry Lover
Obtuse Oaf

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2006 July 29, 23:22:31 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

FMs are good at answering the "Should I put this in my game or not?" question.  I really don't like having too much CC in my game.  Thinking of which, how do I make it so that the hacked objects I have only appear in the catalog where I want them?

Edit:
Also, since I don't wanna spam the board with another thread, I was wondering if anyone's made a hack that allows teens to be attracted to adults and possibly vice versa.  I don't want them to be able to act on their attraction, but it would be nice because then I could see which adults my teens are attracted to before they become an adult or young adult themselves, and because it's realistic. 
* Avalikia gets "Stacy's Mom" stuck in her head yet again.
« Last Edit: 2006 July 29, 23:34:05 by Avalikia » Logged

jsalemi
Town Crier
Vacuous Vegetable

In dog we trust, all others pay cash...

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 2006 July 30, 14:30:10 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

FMs are good at answering the "Should I put this in my game or not?" question.  I really don't like having too much CC in my game.  Thinking of which, how do I make it so that the hacked objects I have only appear in the catalog where I want them?

You can open the package file with SimPE and edit the location(s) where it appears in the catalog.  I forget exactly where that appears in SimPE, but it's pretty obvious once you open the file.

Excelsior, you fathead!
I am Canadian.
Gwill
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 2006 July 30, 15:28:45 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

You can also hide clothes and hair so they only appear in CAS in debug mode.  You can use the colour binning plugin to do it (even with clothes).

Dibs on Darth Telligent!
INTJ bordering on P
Want to know where babies come from?
Rose Outlaw
Exasperating Eyesore

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 2006 July 31, 00:31:41 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

You can also hide clothes and hair so they only appear in CAS in debug mode.  You can use the colour binning plugin to do it (even with clothes).

Now THAT is good news! And just right in time, because I was thinking about hiding some really annoying pieces just today while playing.
GloamingMerle
Corpulent Cretin

Just say "NO" to Womrats!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #10 on: 2006 July 31, 03:43:22 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Edit:
Also, since I don't wanna spam the board with another thread, I was wondering if anyone's made a hack that allows teens to be attracted to adults and possibly vice versa.  I don't want them to be able to act on their attraction, but it would be nice because then I could see which adults my teens are attracted to before they become an adult or young adult themselves, and because it's realistic. 
* Avalikia gets "Stacy's Mom" stuck in her head yet again.

In the "call sim..." window, you can sort the names in various ways, including by chemistry. I've seen sims of all ages and even family members near the top of this list... So if it's just out of curiosity, you can check that way. It's freaky when you have a sim whose sibling is like... third on the list though.  Lips sealed

Avalikia
Furry Lover
Obtuse Oaf

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 2006 July 31, 05:54:47 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

That's not surprising to me actually.  I mean, my brothers have had girls falling over eachother to get at them since they were in kindergarten.  I imagine (and only imagine, mind you) that if we weren't related I'd be one of them.  I've got a lot of good-looking cousins too.  It doesn't affect me though because I don't notice, if only because I'm simply not supposed to notice.

GloamingMerle
Corpulent Cretin

Just say "NO" to Womrats!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #12 on: 2006 July 31, 16:11:43 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

That's not surprising to me actually.  I mean, my brothers have had girls falling over eachother to get at them since they were in kindergarten.  I imagine (and only imagine, mind you) that if we weren't related I'd be one of them.  I've got a lot of good-looking cousins too.  It doesn't affect me though because I don't notice, if only because I'm simply not supposed to notice.

Well, it's perfectly normal to notice that one's family member is attractive, or for straight people to notice people of the same sex are attractive, and gays to notice people of the opposite sex are attractive... It doesn't mean anything, it's just an observation... But I still find it quirky when their siblings turn out to be in the top three.

Avalikia
Furry Lover
Obtuse Oaf

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 2006 July 31, 19:05:37 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Well, many parts of the attraction is based on how similar the Sims are to eachother, and who's more similar to a person than their siblings?

Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: