More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 May 16, 23:05:37

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540276 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6514 Members
Latest Member: Llama
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  Pillow Fight Obsession
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Pillow Fight Obsession  (Read 14799 times)
croiduire
Malodorous Moron

INTP

View Profile
Pillow Fight Obsession
« on: 2006 September 16, 05:11:59 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Does anyone know of a hack to minimize the cuss-mumble pillow fights that doesn't conflict with Inge's No Smuggled Toys hack? I want my prison to work, but I'm getting annoyed enough to put noroadpillows (which managed it nicely) back in. Sigh!

The reason that clichés become clichés is that they are the hammers and screwdrivers in the toolbox of communication.
   Guards! Guards! (Terry Pratchett)
veilchen
Terrible Twerp

We are the ADS! Bow to us!!

View Profile
Re: Pillow Fight Obsession
« Reply #1 on: 2006 September 16, 15:20:28 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Monique over at MTS2 has a bucket full of no autonomous mods. Just do a member or downloads search with the keyword Monique and she should come up.

Squinge, over at InSim (and MTS2) also has a lot of non autonomous mods. Squinge has his own section at InSim, so it should be fairly easy to find.

However, I don't know about compatibility issues. I have Moniques no autonomous pillow fight. I don't know whether you can still order them to do it or not, because it never entered my mind to actually do that. Even with CB's fish-pillow, I still hate that stupid pillow-fight thing with a passion.

~Having the last word is not all it's cracked up to be.~
~All we have to do is remove those who oppose us.~ (Saruman, LotR)
~Wir sind die Roboter~ http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R23e9VO_vOI&feature=related
croiduire
Malodorous Moron

INTP

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2006 September 16, 15:34:41 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Pescado's hack was awesome (ok, yeah...) allowing just enough, but not too much, chance of the behavior occurring. Unfortunately the hack scan showed it conflicted with Inge's hack, necessary to run a prison (along with twojeff's school bus hack, another one I waved good-bye to with great regret).  Cry

I'd hate seeing pillow fights go away entirely. I'd never click on it as an elective behavior, but with noroadpillows it happened appropriately and for a limited duration, nicely realistic...mostly I saw it in the Broke family where Brandi is up to seven sons now. Pillow fights and other pranks belong in that household!  Grin

The reason that clichés become clichés is that they are the hammers and screwdrivers in the toolbox of communication.
veilchen
Terrible Twerp

We are the ADS! Bow to us!!

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2006 September 16, 16:23:02 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

It is also not too inappropriate for Uni. Students can be rather silly at times.

Ahem, well, not me. I was a concientious, hard-working, mature, student in my younger days, I can.....

----Mother? Mom? Mom, are you ok? Dad, come here quick, Mom just fainted.-----

~Having the last word is not all it's cracked up to be.~
~All we have to do is remove those who oppose us.~ (Saruman, LotR)
~Wir sind die Roboter~ http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R23e9VO_vOI&feature=related
Dopp
Corpulent Cretin

Not Awesome Indeed

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2006 September 16, 17:41:41 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Pescado's hack was awesome (ok, yeah...) allowing just enough, but not too much, chance of the behavior occurring. Unfortunately the hack scan showed it conflicted with Inge's hack, necessary to run a prison (along with twojeff's school bus hack, another one I waved good-bye to with great regret).  Cry

I use all three mods and my game hasn't exploded (yet). I'm not awesome enough to understand how to use the hack scanner, unfortunately.
croiduire
Malodorous Moron

INTP

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2006 September 16, 18:23:25 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Really??? Then, noroadpillows, you are going BACK into my game! Yay!!!

And the hack scanner I use is amazingly easy. I use the Sims 2 Hack Conflict Detection Utility from http://www.simwardrobe.com/ (by Paladin) an invaluable little tool that has saved me no end of grief.

dizzy
Souped!

unplugged

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2006 September 16, 18:44:32 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Using two hacks that "conflict" is like putting the wrong kind of tires on your car. No telling what will really happen, but it could work.

jsalemi
Town Crier
Vacuous Vegetable

In dog we trust, all others pay cash...

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 2006 September 16, 20:18:34 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

However, I don't know about compatibility issues. I have Moniques no autonomous pillow fight. I don't know whether you can still order them to do it or not, because it never entered my mind to actually do that. Even with CB's fish-pillow, I still hate that stupid pillow-fight thing with a passion.

Yea, you can tell them to have a pillow fight even with Monique's hack.  It may be annoying, but sometimes it's a fast (if strange) way to build a relationship fast.

Excelsior, you fathead!
I am Canadian.
Marchioness
Brynne
Smells Like Pee
Souped!

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 2006 September 16, 21:12:10 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Ooooooooh, I did not know you could still tell them to do that! I'm going to MTS2!
Baroness
Katze
Lipless Loser

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 2006 September 16, 22:05:15 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Runs after Brynne to get it too. Smiley

"The weak can never forgive. Forgiveness is the attribute of  
the strong."  
     ---Gandhi
Dopp
Corpulent Cretin

Not Awesome Indeed

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 2006 September 17, 02:46:15 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The "No Autonomy" just prevents them from indulging in the activity when left alone on free will, I think. It doesn't usually disable the option of ordering it manually.
DrBeast
Pinheaded Pissant

Still they're marching on...

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 2006 September 17, 15:27:32 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Ah, so it works just like her No Autonomous Kicky Bag then.

Let the Beast inside you free!
jsalemi
Town Crier
Vacuous Vegetable

In dog we trust, all others pay cash...

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 2006 September 17, 21:29:00 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Ah, so it works just like her No Autonomous Kicky Bag then.

Yup.

Excelsior, you fathead!
I am Canadian.
Weaver
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 2006 September 17, 22:07:18 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

My Sims appear obsessed with base game play interactions (Red Hands, Punch Me Punch You) instead of later expansion packs additions (Pillow Fights, Rock Paper Scissors*). *personal favourite

Clearly, they need more cowbell.

Most of the time, I let them get on with it since removing one autonomous interaction means Sims will loop continuously an equally obnoxious action in its place.
A few clicks, patience and tolerance can handle that - for everything else - there is free-will OFF. Smiley
Flamingo
Lipless Loser

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: 2006 September 17, 22:11:32 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I wouldn't mind having my Sims obsess over having a pillow fight again. Some how the option has disappeared entirely from the game, for me. I have no idea what could have caused that.
Weaver
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: 2006 September 17, 22:24:19 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I wouldn't mind having my Sims obsess over having a pillow fight again. Some how the option has disappeared entirely from the game, for me. I have no idea what could have caused that.

Have you checked through custom content? (My Documents > EA Games > The Sims 2 > Downloads)

There is a hack that completely removes the menu option.
File name for the package is: Targas_No_PillowFights.package

If there is no hack removing the entry purposefully (you can test easiest by moving the "Downloads" folder to your desktop and launch the game) you may have a corrupted University installation.
Flamingo
Lipless Loser

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: 2006 September 17, 22:51:30 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Alright, at the moment it appears that Targa's hack was missing from my downloads folder. So in an attempt to remove my downloads folder and prep the game for loading, which I have been meaning to do for awhile, I am notified by my computer that something is using my downloads folder at the moment. In an attempt to muck around with the folder to make the folder removeable, I completely screw up my TS2 folder and now require a reinstall anyway, so this problem should be fixed. Thank god I have my downloads folder still on my desktop and wasn't that far into the game yet, or this would be quite tragic.
Weaver
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: 2006 September 17, 23:11:37 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Did you delete the "The Sims 2" folder from My Documents?
Those saved game files regenerate but you should definitely attempt to recover the files.

The message about being in use is typically a program reserving and locking permissions to the file. SimPE, Bodyshop, The Sims 2 or even a separate Windows Explorer window open can be the possible cause. There's also that possibility that an application is awfully hung up on the process. Tongue
Flamingo
Lipless Loser

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: 2006 September 17, 23:15:35 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Well, yes, after restarting the explorer application I got it to work. Also, I noticed that everything did regenerate after a very quick loading time. All I really lost was my neighborhood, I guess.

It turns out that I do get the pillow fight interaction back after removing the folder, though. I still have no idea what could be causing it and I definitely don't want to do the awful "Remove half of your downloads" thing, so I guess I'll just live without until I can find what's causing it using some other method.

Edited for my atrocious grammar.
Weaver
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: 2006 September 17, 23:33:32 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

If you deleted the previous files you can pull them out of the Recycle Bin (Config and Neighborhood are most important, IMO).

SimWardobe has a Hack Conflict Detection Utility available which scans for potential clashes.
Alternatively, if you can post a list of possible hack culprits, we can pick out the offending file.
Flamingo
Lipless Loser

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: 2006 September 18, 00:05:31 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The thing that happened was I thought I had merely made a copy of the EA Games folder when I inadvertantly just took a good chunk of it out, then emptied the recycle bin. I have the HDCU and the last time I scanned, nothing came up that seemed relevant to the pillow fight problem. If I can't find anything again, then I'll just boot up Clean Installer and make a list.
Weaver
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: 2006 September 18, 00:24:33 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Are any other interactions affected (Hang Out / Pranks) at the same time?

My current guess is friction between multiple hacks causing a conflict.
Larger game mods that change considerable amounts of code are usually the incentive.

You can use a tool like Restoration to recover deleted files, should you feel inclined.
Flamingo
Lipless Loser

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: 2006 September 18, 00:53:09 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I didn't know a program like that existed. That's quite a scary thought, though, that all those files that have been deleted are seemingly not entirely gone.

At any rate, I'll attach all the errors found if you wish. I don't really see anything that would lead to that, but perhaps you will.
Flamingo
Lipless Loser

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: 2006 September 20, 10:06:06 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Alright, I may be reviving a dead thread here, but I just found out that the cause of the problem was something to do with Crammyboy's fish pillow hack thing. At any rate, simply removing it fixed the problem.
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: 2006 September 20, 16:00:32 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Yea, you can tell them to have a pillow fight even with Monique's hack.  It may be annoying, but sometimes it's a fast (if strange) way to build a relationship fast.
Pillowfighting is not an effective relationship builder at all. It's lengthy and does not even begin to compete against ABGX, which is what AutoSoc tends to preferentially lock on to. Considering that ABGX is generally available well before pillow-fighting becomes positive, it's a moot point.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
Pages: [1] 2 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: