More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 May 03, 13:00:41

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6513 Members
Latest Member: Linnie
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  Always twins in any pregnant. Help!!!
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 3 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Always twins in any pregnant. Help!!!  (Read 22702 times)
tgarciame
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
Always twins in any pregnant. Help!!!
« on: 2008 March 02, 17:54:12 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I donīt know if this post is in the right place. Iīm so sorry if not.
My problem is that every time a sim is pregnant, she always give birth to two new baby sims. I didnīt type 'force twins' comand. And i also uninstalled any hack that would produced that thing in my game. As i didnīt get any results, i tried uninstall and reinstall tha base game and the expansions again. But the problem is still here. I removed all the custom content only to make a prove. Iīm at that point that i donīt know what to do next. Huh  Any ideas about what is happenning in my game? Any help? What more can i do? Please, help me.
Thanks in advanced  Kiss
mildlydisguised
Querulous Quidnunc

View Profile
Re: Always twins in any pregnant. Help!!!
« Reply #1 on: 2008 March 02, 17:58:50 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Which expansions do you have?
tgarciame
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2008 March 02, 18:09:44 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I have all expansions pack, but the new free time one.
sewinglady
Irritating Ignoramus

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2008 March 02, 18:26:53 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

are you letting them eat cheesecake?  The cheesecake from OFB greatly increases the odds of twins.

Another thing, just exactly HOW MANY births are we talking about in a row?

2? 3?  20?

I have had entire neighborhoods that are 'twin prone' and I never run any hacks that would increase twins or get you more than twins as I detest twins and would never want trips or quads.

One neighborhood in particular, when I first started populating it, the first 4 houses all had twin births - I was beginning to think I had something wrong when finally the 5th house had a single birth. whew.  anyway, the 1st house that was built/populated in that neighborhood turned out to have a twin producing male (yes, I know it's supposed to be genetically carried on female side)... but that male sim got around (he was a pleasure sim) and he not only produced 3 more sets of twins with his wife, he impregnated 3 other neighborhood women with twins - total sets of twins he produced was 7...and no single births.

So again - just how many sets of twins in a row are we talking here - and was there ANY sim in common with all the births on either side?

tgarciame
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2008 March 02, 18:45:11 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

No, the sims have nothing in common. And the number of children that the sims give birth are two. I didnīt know that one sim could have more than two babies at the same time.
I save the game in the moment right before the birth. When the twins are born i abandoned the game without saving and i tried (i did it a lot of times) again for a different birth, but it comes again two children.  Cry
Zazazu
Fuzzy Pumpkin
Whiny Wussy

Potiron flou

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2008 March 02, 18:49:41 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

No, that's not what sewinglady was asking. She was asking how many pregnancies this went over.

Capitalism, Ho!
"Continue to beat it in masturbatory ecstasy if you like, but only Pescado can make it go away." - Lemmiwinks
My Urinal
tgarciame
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2008 March 02, 19:18:20 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

It went over all the pregnancies i had in my neighbourhood. About eight pregnancies, more or less
KatEnigma
Axe Murderer
Souped!

ENFJ

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 2008 March 02, 19:20:23 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

You also didn't answer the cheesecake question.

And try again without CC. But you have to try again before the Sim gets pregnant, not after. TWINS ARE DECIDED AT CONCEPTION NOT BIRTH. (why do I feel like I'm back in twinzr2cute days?) unless you force the cheat or have them eat cheesecake.

"There is a tragic flaw in our precious Constitution, and I don't know what can be done to fix it. This is it: Only nut cases want to be president."

- Kurt Vonnegut
tgarciame
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 2008 March 02, 19:51:07 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I donīt think the cheesecake has nothing to do in my case. Anyway, next time iīll play i will try to remove the CC and triy a new pregnant and letīs see what happen. i will let you know. Thanks all of you.
KatEnigma
Axe Murderer
Souped!

ENFJ

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 2008 March 02, 20:53:48 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I donīt think the cheesecake has nothing to do in my case. Anyway, next time iīll play i will try to remove the CC and triy a new pregnant and letīs see what happen. i will let you know. Thanks all of you.

If they are eating cheesecake, then it has everything to do with it.  Roll Eyes

"There is a tragic flaw in our precious Constitution, and I don't know what can be done to fix it. This is it: Only nut cases want to be president."

- Kurt Vonnegut
Karen
Malodorous Moron

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 2008 March 02, 21:01:46 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

TWINS ARE DECIDED AT CONCEPTION NOT BIRTH. (why do I feel like I'm back in twinzr2cute days?) unless you force the cheat or have them eat cheesecake.

Oh, God!  LOL.  I'm having really unpleasant flashbacks to those days right after OFB came out.  Smiley

Bottom line:  Unless you have a hack (like Twojeffs' Triplets and Quads or Cheesecake Fix hacks) that prevents it, if you have OFB installed, EATING CHEESECAKE WHILE PREGNANT WILL GUARANTEE TWINS.  Note the word "guarantee".  That's 100% chance.  Always.  Every single time.  If you don't want twins EVERY TIME, do not ever let your pregnant Sims eat cheesecake, or else go find a hack that will prevent it.

Karen
Zazazu
Fuzzy Pumpkin
Whiny Wussy

Potiron flou

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 2008 March 02, 22:10:37 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

In the OP's defense, s/he used a double negative. So cheesecake has everything to do with it.

Capitalism, Ho!
"Continue to beat it in masturbatory ecstasy if you like, but only Pescado can make it go away." - Lemmiwinks
My Urinal
Sivany
Exasperating Eyesore

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 2008 March 02, 23:09:08 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

In the OP's defense, s/he used a double negative. So cheesecake has everything to do with it.

As further defence: it does sound as if English isn't their first language. If it is then, um....
KatEnigma
Axe Murderer
Souped!

ENFJ

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 2008 March 02, 23:13:30 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I don't think the EP realizes they used a double negative. Wink If they did, they wouldn't still think there was a problem. Not being a native English speaker does excuse the double negative, but not the ignoring the simple truth that eating cheesecake causes twins, so if the Sims are eating cheesecake, this is the answer to the problem.

- Kurt Vonnegut
Sivany
Exasperating Eyesore

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: 2008 March 02, 23:47:18 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

That's very true. I think I give the benefit of the doubt too often. I was thinking along the lines of either, the OP either hadn't expressed the fact that their sims have not eaten any cheesecake clearly because it's not their first language, or that they hadn't really understood the whole thing about cheesecake causing twins 100% of the time prior to this thread because I suppose the explanation is a little complex if your English isn't 100%.

I'm clearly overthinking this now. Time for bed I think.
Karen
Malodorous Moron

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: 2008 March 02, 23:50:40 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I suppose the explanation is a little complex if your English isn't 100%.

Which is why I made a point of explaining exactly what "guarantee" means.  Even people who supposedly do understand English perfectly seem to have a hard time grasping the point of the cheesecake/twins thing.  It was beaten to death -- thoroughly -- back when OFB came out, but some people apparently still are not aware of it.

Karen
tgarciame
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: 2008 March 03, 19:13:10 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Iīm so sorry about the confusion Iīd created and the double negative. I think iīm going to fail my next English test  Cry  As you can see, English is not my first language. It is Spanish which is much easier than yours.
So, what i wanted to say is that my pregnant sim didnīt eat a cheesecake during her pregnancy. I hope that is gramatically correct  Embarrassed
mitchellcjs
The Genius
Dead Member

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: 2008 March 03, 19:21:41 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Some premade sims and random townies apparently have a token that forces twins in all pregnancies.  Is it just this one couple, and is one of the couple a townie?  There are a few in Pleasantview and the N001 pre-made townies that have it.  If it is happening to all the pregnancies, then this is obviously not the issue.
julialenn
Blathering Buffoon

INTJ

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: 2008 March 04, 04:44:25 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

So, what i wanted to say is that my pregnant sim didnīt eat a cheesecake during her pregnancy.

Are you certain?  There are some pretty sneaky sims out there who will make themselves cheesecake while you're not looking.
Kyna
Terrible Twerp

An ass with great insight

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: 2008 March 04, 05:13:37 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

It went over all the pregnancies i had in my neighbourhood. About eight pregnancies, more or less

So, what i wanted to say is that my pregnant sim didnīt eat a cheesecake during her pregnancy. I hope that is gramatically correct  Embarrassed

Just to clarify here:  was it 1 sim, or 8 different sims?

If it was just the one sim, she may have the "twin" token.  This is a token that sims are assigned randomly, and once they have it, it's permanent.  It increases their chances of having twins.

I save the game in the moment right before the birth. When the twins are born i abandoned the game without saving and i tried (i did it a lot of times) again for a different birth, but it comes again two children.  Cry

The number of babies a sim is pregnant with is determined at conception, not at birth.  If the sim is going to have twins, then exiting without saving isn't going to change it to a single baby - unless your last save point was before she became pregnant.

<br />Also, thank god for Google spellcheck. Otherwise, this post would be intelligible. <br />
<br />Declared \\\\\\\"Male\\\\\\\" by Pescado on 8th April, 2009
diamonde
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: 2008 March 04, 09:44:37 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I hate to doubt so much shouting, but if twins are DETERMINED AT CONCEPTION then why is it possible for Brandi Broke to have either a single baby or twins?  (Or so JM says in the Myths post.)  I was under the impression that baby number was determined when the sim pops a second-trimester belly.
doren
Corpulent Cretin

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: 2008 March 04, 10:36:16 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I hate to doubt so much shouting, but if twins are DETERMINED AT CONCEPTION then why is it possible for Brandi Broke to have either a single baby or twins?  (Or so JM says in the Myths post.)  I was under the impression that baby number was determined when the sim pops a second-trimester belly.

I could not find a post which states that. However, since the OFB cheesecake it is possible to change it from a single birth to twins after conception. What is not possible - without hacks, cheating etc. - is to change it from twins to a single birth. So generally the number of babies is determined at conception, just as the gender is determined at birth. If you use any form of pregnancy scanner you find out the number of children instantly after the first hour. 
Kyna
Terrible Twerp

An ass with great insight

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: 2008 March 04, 11:57:11 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

This is what JM says in the Myths post:

Brandi is pollinated at game-startup. It is possible, by sheer random chance, for this pollination to result in twins, which, by the rules above, will always yield twin boys if this happens.

Pes said that Brandi is pollinated at game startup, not before game startup.  It is at this moment that she conceives, and at this moment that the possibility of twins is decided.

<br />Also, thank god for Google spellcheck. Otherwise, this post would be intelligible. <br />
<br />Declared \\\\\\\"Male\\\\\\\" by Pescado on 8th April, 2009
Eleonora
Irritating Ignoramus

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: 2008 March 04, 12:19:38 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Oh hai, u have too much RAM

Tongue

This is her picture as she was / It seems a thing to wonder on / As though mine image in the glass / Should tarry when myself am gone.
Count
jolrei
Senator

Son of Perdition

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: 2008 March 04, 14:58:07 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I hate to doubt so much shouting...

ROFL  Cheesy

It may be that this is just EAxis sadorandom at work again.  If your sims have twins randomly once, they will now have twins randomly every time.  In my hood, for example, if simEmma has risky woohoo on a sofa, she will always become pregnant, it seems.  Lucky Emma.  Roll Eyes

(Not twins, thank God!).

Hopefully with the recent addition of FT, this will break the cycle.  I'll have to wait until the end of her current pregnancy.  Tongue

Tribulatio proxima est
Pages: [1] 2 3 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: