More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 May 11, 19:16:30

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540274 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6514 Members
Latest Member: Llama
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  Unable to throw parties, go on dates and outings
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Unable to throw parties, go on dates and outings  (Read 2429 times)
Mandylion
Tasty Tourist

View Profile
Unable to throw parties, go on dates and outings
« on: 2008 November 18, 15:35:14 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I have this "small" problem with my game. I can call up a friend and ask them out for an outing or a date on a community lot but as soon as my sim arrives to the community lot, the outing/dating partner is just standing there and there is nothing my sim can do to interact with the other sim. Also the game slows down remarkably. All the options are available for interaction but they are quickly removed from my sims' queue. This also happens when I'm throwing a party. All the invited guests show up but then just stand still and the time slows down to a crawl.

As I read some of my error logs in lot of places I saw the same lines over and over: "Visitor - Motive Check - Check Queue?" and "Function - Main - Loop" so I'm assuming the guests are in some sort of a loop?

I've removed any objects that might be causing this, but unfortunately it hasn't done the trick. I've also failed google for a few days now.
Liz
Stupid Schlemiel

Li'l Shiv will totally cut a bitch.

View Profile
Re: Unable to throw parties, go on dates and outings
« Reply #1 on: 2008 November 18, 15:58:28 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Check for outdated and/or duplicate hacks.

After removing stuff you think might be the cause, the next step is going to be removing your entire Downloads folder (plus any other CC that might be lurking in other folders) and throwing a party or have a date at home to see if it still happens. I suggest the 'throw party' or 'home date' instead of an outing, since the outing will save your home lot as you leave, which you probably don't want to do without your CC loaded.

If no one has a specific suggestion yet after you've tried this, you'll probably go one of two ways. Either the problem persists without CC in your game, which you'll want to edit your post to tell us about, or the problem will have disappeared. If the problem doesn't happen without your CC, it's binary search time (which you can find out about by using the Search box and/or reading the FAQ).

"It is always useful to face an enemy who is prepared to die for his country. This means that both you and he have exactly the same aim in mind." -General Tacticus
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: