More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 May 03, 19:16:12

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6513 Members
Latest Member: Linnie
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  Submit Issues about Nightlife
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 7 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Submit Issues about Nightlife  (Read 64928 times)
Inge
Round Mound of Gray Fatness
Senator

Senator Emeritus. Oh hold on, I am still a senator

View Profile WWW
Re: Submit Issues about Nightlife
« Reply #50 on: 2005 September 23, 13:48:59 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I wonder if I can find the files that are being used and put them somewhere for you to listen to.  I promise you they're saying those things.  The Nanny says "bugger me!" when she's getting desparate for a pee, and the other old ladies say it while they are playing SSX and also when they want to pee.   The younger women say "I need a hammer" when they want to pee. Smiley

The "wankers" came in with Uni, or at least I didn't hear it before, and it was one of the phrases the old ladies say as a greeting as they pass other sims.

\"They\'re here, on the forum. A question riddled, spoiler giving, speculative cancer of sim evil\" -- redearth, Snooty Sims, 2009
Motoki
Lord of the Nannies
Uncouth Undesirable

View Profile
« Reply #51 on: 2005 September 23, 14:00:28 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Well I have been accused of not always being the most observant Wink so it's possible I just may not have noticed. You could see if you can dig up the sound files. They're in Program Files\EA GAMES\The Sims 2\TSData\Res\Sound (or C:\Program Files\EA GAMES\The Sims 2 University\TSData\Res\Sound or C:\Program Files\EA GAMES\The Sims 2 Nightlife\TSData\Res\Sound as the case may be.

There's voice1-voice6 packages. You can open them with SimPE, select all the mp3s and extract them. Of course, going through them all could take some time.  Shocked I imagine all the elder female ones would be stuck in one area though.

In communist China Peggy's hairs cut you!
Inge
Senator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #52 on: 2005 September 23, 14:07:49 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Windows media player says the file format doesn't match the extension.  I don't know much about sound files, what can I try?

\"They\'re here, on the forum. A question riddled, spoiler giving, speculative cancer of sim evil\" -- redearth, Snooty Sims, 2009
Motoki
Lord of the Nannies
Uncouth Undesirable

View Profile
« Reply #53 on: 2005 September 23, 14:27:13 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Embarrassed Guess I should have have actually tried playing one before I suggested it. Doesn't work for me either. I don't think it's a regular mp3 format in spite of SimPE identifying it that way.  Undecided

In communist China Peggy's hairs cut you!
sara_dippity
Knuckleheaded Knob

View Profile
« Reply #54 on: 2005 September 23, 14:38:25 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

So. What does sod mean other than grass mixed with dirt.

(\__/)
(='.'=)
(")_(")
Inge
Senator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #55 on: 2005 September 23, 14:53:11 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Sod is from sodomy, which just means anal intercourse again, from Sodom and Gomorrah.   I am not sure if there is a subtle difference between sodomy and buggery, maybe one is when it's done to a woman and one when done to a man.

diamonde
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #56 on: 2005 September 23, 14:57:09 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Sod is from sodomy, which just means anal intercourse again, from Sodom and Gomorrah.   I am not sure if there is a subtle difference between sodomy and buggery, maybe one is when it's done to a woman and one when done to a man.

To the best of my knowledge, neither are gender specific.  Sodomy is just a more technical term and can be a more polite way to refer to the old anal intercourse, while bugger is a derogatory word and so always rude.
Inge
Senator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #57 on: 2005 September 23, 15:06:23 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Oh yes, and two other words have begun to lose their rudeness too:  prat and twat both meant female genitals, but people started using prat for brat and twat for twit because they sound similar.   Though actually isn't there a rude meaning to twit anyway?

MaxoidTom
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile
« Reply #58 on: 2005 September 23, 15:20:30 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Not sure what you mean by this.  I have the UK version and all the spellings are American.  It drives me totally insane!  I have changed what I can in SimPE, but I can honestly say the spellings are NOT UK English.  If they were, we'd have neighboUrhoods and centREs and so on and we don't.  I really do wish something could be done about this, I was horrified to discover it wasn't in TS2.  It was so bad with TS1 that my handbooks were half UK English and half US, including some words which were spelt both ways.  If you need an editor with a photographic memory and journalistic experience, I'm available at a moment's notice ... and yes, I AM serious!!!

It is actually up to each locale to translate the text, so there's someone in the UK you can track down and teach how to spell the English way...
Inge
Senator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #59 on: 2005 September 23, 15:23:19 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I've never spotted any difference between US and UK strings other than in the names list.  I think our Townies get a few different names, but they're still pretty American.

Havelock
Lipless Loser

View Profile
« Reply #60 on: 2005 September 23, 15:37:39 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Has anyone mentioned the missing shadows issue in your sims inventory what makes Beds and other Objects with Wallshadows unplaceable and looks odd with chairs and tables.

I get allway this message in my cheat console :

ERROR TSSGShadow: GUOB subset not bound to GUOB material: 'westwallshadow' in 'tableDiningFormica1x1'
.\source\TSSGShadow.cpp(1586)
ERROR TSSGShadow: GUOB subset not bound to GUOB material: 'groundshadow' in 'treeWillow'
ERROR TSSGShadow: GUOB subset not bound to GUOB material: 'southwallshadow' in 'dartBoard'
ERROR TSSGShadow: GUOB subset not bound to GUOB material: 'groundshadow' in 'computerCheap'

This Objects from my Sim Invetory are all Shadowless now it makes no sense to use the Inventory to move a Sim to onother Lot. Some Objects are only placeable whit move objects on cheat now.

OH, MY, GOD!!!! is that why i can't place my bed and dresser anymore againt the wall? i've moved my sims and placed their furniture in the inventory, now i cant put the bed or the dresser against the wall, unless i have moveobjects turned on!!!

I think that only happens with inventoried beds, but I haven't the slightest idea why.

No it happens to all Objects but it annoys me most with Rewardobjects while i cant buy a new one.
miclsimmer
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #61 on: 2005 September 23, 16:14:22 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Just to make sure it doesn't get overlooked again.  Custom terrain paints or ground covers are a big problem for all stages of the game.
They attach to lots when not needed. If they are deleted or disabled they cause game crashes.
Replication is simple make some and use them or  download a lot with custom terrain paints and then delete them or one of them.
« Last Edit: 2005 September 23, 16:24:11 by miclsimmer » Logged
MaxoidTom
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile
« Reply #62 on: 2005 September 23, 16:33:32 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Just to make sure it doesn't get overlooked again.  Custom terrain paints or ground covers are a big problem for all stages of the game.
They attach to lots when not needed. If they are deleted or disabled they cause game crashes.
Replication is simple make some and use them or  download a lot with custom terrain paints and then delete them or one of them.

Is this for the base game, Uni, NL, or all?
Regina
Malodorous Moron

View Profile WWW
« Reply #63 on: 2005 September 23, 16:41:49 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

It's on the list for "no code changes", so it hasn't changed. However, if you cancel it *BEFORE* it lights up, it will die. Once it lights up, though, there's no stopping the sim. He'll hike (slowly) 20 miles uphill and against the wind to do it. Nothing short of complete blockade will stop him. I'm not even sure setting him on fire would stop him.

Okey-dokey!  Thanks so much for the clarification!  Since it's been so long since I played without it I no doubt forgot about when it could or couldn't be cancelled out.  Oh, I so remember one sim in particular going downstairs to use the bathroom, then hiking all the way back upstairs because she had to make that darned bed!  Honestly, why on earth do these sims have maids, anyway?  Tongue

Inge
Senator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #64 on: 2005 September 23, 16:45:43 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

We need a hack so if there is a maid employed by the house all the cleaning tasks become non-autonomous for normal sims.  And if there is a nanny on the lot, all childcare tasks become non-autonomous to normal sims.  Otherwise they don't really get to concentrate on doing their own thing anyway.  Sims are useless at delegating.

jrd
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #65 on: 2005 September 23, 17:00:05 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I've never spotted any difference between US and UK strings other than in the names list.  I think our Townies get a few different names, but they're still pretty American.

Asides from the clock, I cannot find *any* differences.
I have been using a mod of my own to "fix" this for a while, and it seems to work well. But I have only tackled the UI text, as the object text is a lot more difficult to translate without extracting everything.
simhummingbird
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #66 on: 2005 September 23, 17:09:22 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I run my game with "boolprop testingcheatsenabled true" running and have all kinds of error reports for my missing nanny mobile, and some of the poker table (missing animations, mostly), and still others for the game machines. The only thing I don't see a report in there for is the people leaving as soon as they get there for a date. Would it help if I sent in the a single copy of each type of error report so that they can see what is happening? I'm going to go through them one by one. Hopefully, I'll find one that mentions the leaving early problem.
MaxoidTom
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile
« Reply #67 on: 2005 September 23, 17:50:32 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I run my game with "boolprop testingcheatsenabled true" running and have all kinds of error reports for my missing nanny mobile, and some of the poker table (missing animations, mostly), and still others for the game machines. The only thing I don't see a report in there for is the people leaving as soon as they get there for a date. Would it help if I sent in the a single copy of each type of error report so that they can see what is happening? I'm going to go through them one by one. Hopefully, I'll find one that mentions the leaving early problem.

You can certainly attach them, but make sure that you disable custom content when testing and submitting bugs.
JenW
Irritating Ignoramus

Grilled cheese lovin' cyborg

View Profile WWW
« Reply #68 on: 2005 September 23, 17:53:21 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Definately with Uni, but probably base game too. If you delete a terrain while on a lot, that lot will never ever package again correctly. It can be played, but can never be packaged.

Edit to add: This thread: http://forums.thesimsresource.com/showthread.php?t=282627 contains a lot of information about problems with terrain paints.

Edited again to ask: Maybe this is a dumb question, but how do I find the sound and drivers information this form asks for? It won't let me submit the form without but I can't find it, either.

Jen

<Pescado> With ninja throwing breadsticks, YOU are the dipping sauce! | The Literate Sim
nikita
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile
« Reply #69 on: 2005 September 23, 17:55:48 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Any chance that the patch (any patch) will fix the nannies showing up on time, or just showing up period?  My kids got taken away by the social worker twice before I finally just moved in their aunt (which then reset the household and the parents came home but, eh).
MaxoidTom
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile
« Reply #70 on: 2005 September 23, 20:04:38 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Any chance that the patch (any patch) will fix the nannies showing up on time, or just showing up period?  My kids got taken away by the social worker twice before I finally just moved in their aunt (which then reset the household and the parents came home but, eh).

I've been told we fixed several issues with the Nanny.  A full list of the fixes will be available when the patch is out.
Baroness
witch
Breakfast of Champions!
Senator

Shunning the accursed daystar.

View Profile
« Reply #71 on: 2005 September 23, 20:53:10 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Ground covers were corrupt in the base game as I recall, then the problem continued with Uni for me. I don't own NL & won't be buying till next financial quarter, or when the Uni patch is released, whichever comes first.

My fists are named Feminine and Wiles.
gynarchy
Lipless Loser

View Profile
« Reply #72 on: 2005 September 23, 21:47:26 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Before NL, lots with missing terrain paints wouldn't package or load at all, the game would crash. I have NL and was installing lots with all custom content removed (I wasn't really paying attention to what the CC was, I just wanted clean lots) and those with missing terrain paints would load like any other lot. However, the areas that were supposed to have the missing terrain paint would flash blue. There was no way to cover the blue with another terrain paint, it would only paint below the blue and not on top. I didn't see a place to include anything other than a dxdiag log on the submission form and I don't know if this pic is helpful in any way, but this is what a lot looks like with missing paint.

While I'm here, I have this weird display issue with lot thumbnails. This has happened ever since I got TS2 and I think it's just a cosmetic issue, but I was wondering if there is an explanation or if this happens to anyone else. Whenever I go into an uninhabited lot and edit it, when I save the thumbnail updates with this red streak along the right side. It almost always happens with community lots and is about 50/50 with residential lots. I don't have any problems with the lots themselves, the thumbnails are just wonky.

Opera loving chickens. Can't eat them. Can't vote for them. Can't wear them as a hat.
Bangelnuts
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #73 on: 2005 September 23, 22:40:41 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I have been in real trouble for saying damn on American sites, while here in the UK it's considered fairly mild.

As far as I and pretty much everyone I've encountered irl save for nuns are concerned, it's pretty mild to us as well. Please don't take net nannies on goody goody sims sites as representative of what the average American considers mild or offensive.
problem with offensiveness in slang is that while the UK  and US both use slang the words ae entirely different and as a consequence have an enterely different meaning based on country of origin. ie Wanker means absolutely nothing in the US whereas Damn is actually a curse word in the US.

That's what I was thinking. I'm american, and I don't know anyone who's offended by that word, or at least brought it to my attention that they were offended. That is pretty much considered tame, here, as well. I've heard my Grandma say worse.

Dunno ... I've been threatened with a ban from the official site for using the word 'Damned'. In the UK it means nothing, but wanker is a very offensive word over here. In fact a few years ago, it meant that some episodes of Buffy were getting a lot of editing before being aired at 6:45 in the evening. In the UK, wanker is certainly on a par with that word that describes excrement and rhymes with spit. In fact, go into most UK pubs and call someone a wanker and don't be at all surprised if you end up wearing your drink followed by the glass being pushed in your face.

I think it's fair to say that some UK parents are not going to aprove of their kids owning a game that contains this kind of language.

I have joined the ranks of many herre and have been banned from Brynnes forum.I must say the pleasure is all mine in having been banned from there .Self absorbed bragging is tiring  after awhile.
Havelock
Lipless Loser

View Profile
« Reply #74 on: 2005 September 23, 23:01:37 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Before NL, lots with missing terrain paints wouldn't package or load at all, the game would crash. I have NL and was installing lots with all custom content removed (I wasn't really paying attention to what the CC was, I just wanted clean lots) and those with missing terrain paints would load like any other lot. However, the areas that were supposed to have the missing terrain paint would flash blue. There was no way to cover the blue with another terrain paint, it would only paint below the blue and not on top. I didn't see a place to include anything other than a dxdiag log on the submission form and I don't know if this pic is helpful in any way, but this is what a lot looks like with missing paint.

I had this happen in Uni often you could not paint over it but you can erase it like all Terainpaintings.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 7 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: