More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 May 12, 19:00:43

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540274 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6514 Members
Latest Member: Llama
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  missing sub-hood sims
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: missing sub-hood sims  (Read 3455 times)
maz
Tasty Tourist

View Profile
missing sub-hood sims
« on: 2007 March 19, 20:04:40 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Hi. I play mostly my custom neighbourhood, so I only just noticed that my Pleasantview is missing downtownies & (playable) Bluewater Village people. As in, they never were there. (I would've noticed 'cause all of my other townies have been made-over) I was just wondering how that happened.

Also, is there a way to prevent this from happening after a reinstall? I'm getting a new computer that can handle Seasons, so I'm backing up all the neighbourhoods, including Pleasantview, in order to copy my progress into the new game, but I'd like for the new game to spawn downtownies & put Bluewater Village people where they belong. They're all accounted for in all my other neighbourhoods. Why is Pleasantview left deprived?
« Last Edit: 2007 March 19, 20:22:03 by maz » Logged
LK
Terrible Twerp

Humanity can suck my hard drive

View Profile WWW
Re: missing sub-hood sims
« Reply #1 on: 2007 March 20, 01:40:51 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

If you copied everything in lieu of a fresh install, the Sims that don't currently exist would still be in non-existance when you put everything back.

The plus side to not having extra useless Sims around is that you're in no danger of experiencing a fiery ball from space anytime soon.

You could use the testing cheats to force the creation of NPCs via the mailbox, but that would probably only generate service NPCs; I'm not quite sure.  But, hey, it's your game.

You could also check the N001 character files in Program Files (or wherever you installed) to see if the characters exist there.

http://www.thesporum.net
The First, The Original, The Best
maxon
Obtuse Oaf

Unrepentant Inteenimator User - Kitten Killer.

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2007 March 20, 08:50:46 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

You could just regenerate the hoods - just remove your Neighbourhoods folder and run the game.  It should set up Pleasantview, Strangetown and the other one as new.  Then put your custom hoods back.

Inteen for AL, yay!
maz
Tasty Tourist

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2007 March 20, 15:56:11 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Maxon, but then I would lose the progress I made with the families in Pleasantview.

It seems there's nothing I can do but start all over with Pleasantview & edit changes manually in SimPE once it's updated for Seasons. I have another question though. Is there a way to package a fully furnished house with sims living it, but obviously I don't want them in the package. If I just move them out, all the furniture goes with them. And I don't want to kill them all one by one. Any tips and tricks?
izus
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2007 March 20, 16:06:22 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

If all you want to do is add Bluewater Sims you only need to delete Bluewater then add it back in. The delete option will come up if there is more than one shopping district so just add one to Pleasantview. The same goes for Downtown.
maz
Tasty Tourist

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2007 March 20, 16:16:43 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

If all you want to do is add Bluewater Sims you only need to delete Bluewater then add it back in. The delete option will come up if there is more than one shopping district so just add one to Pleasantview. The same goes for Downtown.

Never thought of that! I'll try it right away.

That saves my Pleasantview then. But I have even more questions! Grin My Strangetown is filled with ghost characters. There's about 800 of them in the folder & I've never even played that hood. It was my hood for all the stray unwanted sims which I (stupidly) sometimes even transfered through the lot bin.  Embarrassed But I love the way I made the neighbourhood look so I'd like to have it in the newly installed game as well. So my question is basically if there's a way to copy only the terrain with houses and decor into a new game, but not the characters. Before copying I could move the Strangetown people into the sim bin & then copy the folder, but I don't know which one, or if that's even possible. I know about terrain surgery, but that doesn't help me with the houses & decor.
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2007 March 22, 10:14:21 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

That saves my Pleasantview then. But I have even more questions! Grin My Strangetown is filled with ghost characters. There's about 800 of them in the folder & I've never even played that hood. It was my hood for all the stray unwanted sims which I (stupidly) sometimes even transfered through the lot bin.  Embarrassed But I love the way I made the neighbourhood look so I'd like to have it in the newly installed game as well. So my question is basically if there's a way to copy only the terrain with houses and decor into a new game, but not the characters. Before copying I could move the Strangetown people into the sim bin & then copy the folder, but I don't know which one, or if that's even possible. I know about terrain surgery, but that doesn't help me with the houses & decor.
DAC, turn it into an empty template.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
maxon
Obtuse Oaf

Unrepentant Inteenimator User - Kitten Killer.

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 2007 March 22, 17:15:00 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

If she does that, she should really clean out all the crap afterwards.

Inteen for AL, yay!
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: