More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 May 12, 11:15:07

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540274 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6514 Members
Latest Member: Llama
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  2 Warnings: Exit without saving and delete uniform
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: 2 Warnings: Exit without saving and delete uniform  (Read 12236 times)
Lion
Knuckleheaded Knob

View Profile
2 Warnings: Exit without saving and delete uniform
« on: 2006 March 13, 21:20:54 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

This happened to me three times on a roll. I exited a family lot without saving because I don't like what happened. Once I was back to the neighborhood screen, the house that I just played disappeared, evaporated like it never existed. So better not to exit without saving, unless somebody else did it and nothing bad happened, which means I have some problem somewhere.

Another warning, don't delete business uniforms when you assign uniform to your employees. That will make it impossible to assign uniforms to your employees any more.

Sims 3 Blog: Twinbrook Redux
radiophonic
Lipless Loser

Quirky Liberal Alpha Male

View Profile
Re: 2 Warnings: Exit without saving and delete uniform
« Reply #1 on: 2006 March 13, 21:29:14 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Confirmed: Ten minutes before your post, I deleted a uniform and now I can't assign them again.  Undecided

Instant gratification takes too long.
PlayLives
Irritating Ignoramus

I don't speak Awesome.

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2006 March 13, 21:31:46 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

what do you mean by "deleting a uniform"?
buddha pest
Irritating Ignoramus

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2006 March 13, 21:43:36 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

So better not to exit without saving, unless somebody else did it and nothing bad happened, which means I have some problem somewhere.

Another warning, don't delete business uniforms when you assign uniform to your employees. That will make it impossible to assign uniforms to your employees any more.
Actually I think people around here have come to the consensus that it's the deleting of uniforms that makes lots vanish.
Lion
Knuckleheaded Knob

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2006 March 13, 21:48:23 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

what do you mean by "deleting a uniform"?

When you assign uniform, there is a section where the uniforms that you ever assigned are kept so that you can apply the same uniform, including hair which is why I don't like this feature, to another employee. On that page, there is a trashcan symbol that you can supposedly delete uniforms that You don't want any more. Don't!

Lion
Knuckleheaded Knob

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2006 March 13, 21:49:36 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Actually I think people around here have come to the consensus that it's the deleting of uniforms that makes lots vanish.

oh, really....I have no way to know, because i stopped doing both at the same time.

phyllis_p
Stupid Schlemiel

ISFJ - a tasty phyllis snack?

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2006 March 13, 21:51:04 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I've exited without saving with no problem.   But I did delete uniforms at once business and it vanished.

Vita brevis, Ars longa.                

"And so goest thy butthurt n00bs whosoever cannot have accolades and benes heaped upon them, as in the manner of vomit from a sorority girl, to which they are accustomed." lemmiwinks 1:1
buddha pest
Irritating Ignoramus

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 2006 March 13, 21:52:17 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

oh, really....I have no way to know, because i stopped doing both at the same time.
I saw people talking about it in a couple of threads. They all had the deletion of uniforms in common.

http://www.moreawesomethanyou.com/smf/index.php?topic=3302.0
Ness
Hairy-Bellied Heretic
Terrible Twerp

DOWN WITH CHEESE!

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 2006 March 13, 22:30:14 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I've deleted a uniform and had no trouble.

I don't ever save while on community lots (business or otherwise), though - wonder if that is the key...
jrd
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 2006 March 13, 22:32:25 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I can confirm the saved uniform deletion bug. Fortunately exiting the lot and reentering reenables the options.
Darkstormyeve
Feckless Fool

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 2006 March 14, 01:15:54 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Noted. Will add to my list of "Things NOT to do in OFB". This list is getting pretty long.

radiophonic
Lipless Loser

Quirky Liberal Alpha Male

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 2006 March 14, 01:19:12 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Noted. Will add to my list of "Things NOT to do in OFB". This list is getting pretty long.

lol, you should post it.

Instant gratification takes too long.
shezoe
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile WWW
« Reply #12 on: 2006 March 14, 05:46:25 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I saw people talking about it in a couple of threads. They all had the deletion of uniforms in common.

http://www.moreawesomethanyou.com/smf/index.php?topic=3302.0

oh bruddah! i ALMOST did this last night (i don't like the uniforms because of the hair thing, too. you should be able to decide what you want to keep) cuz the uniform i used stripped my sim of his eyebrows and goatee even though it had NOTHING to do with sideburns n goatees-lol! but i got sidetracked by the coffee maker n forgot-wheeeeewwwww! OFB just might break me of my sim addiction at this rate   Tongue

"I had always felt life first a story: and if there is a story there is a story-teller."
~G.K. Chesterton~
phyllis_p
Stupid Schlemiel

ISFJ - a tasty phyllis snack?

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 2006 March 14, 11:22:24 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I don't ever save while on community lots (business or otherwise), though - wonder if that is the key...

Nope. Not the key.  I never save on community lots either, but still had that one business vanish after deleting uniforms.

Vita brevis, Ars longa.                

"And so goest thy butthurt n00bs whosoever cannot have accolades and benes heaped upon them, as in the manner of vomit from a sorority girl, to which they are accustomed." lemmiwinks 1:1
Magwitch
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: 2006 March 14, 11:56:23 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Nope.  I never save on community lots either and my business disappeared anyway when I deleted a uniform.
Moonshires
Blathering Buffoon

ESTJ

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: 2006 March 14, 13:31:23 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

oh bruddah! i ALMOST did this last night (i don't like the uniforms because of the hair thing, too. you should be able to decide what you want to keep) cuz the uniform i used stripped my sim of his eyebrows and goatee even though it had NOTHING to do with sideburns n goatees-lol! but i got sidetracked by the coffee maker n forgot-wheeeeewwwww! OFB just might break me of my sim addiction at this rate   Tongue
[/quote]

It's a bit of a pain, but you can decide what to keep.  When you go to assign a uniform to an employee, just scroll through the head/hair section until you find their normal one, and assign it for that employee, then add that uniform to your choices.  The only annoying thing is, you'll essentially be making a new uniform for each person, unless they're twins and have identical hair.
sara_dippity
Knuckleheaded Knob

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: 2006 March 14, 14:38:16 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Actually the way I've found to keep the hair the same is to not select hair at all. I have to assign every employee even if it's the same outfit, but I don't select the head and they keep their eyebrows and makeup.

(\__/)
(='.'=)
(")_(")
buddha pest
Irritating Ignoramus

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: 2006 March 14, 18:23:42 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Actually the way I've found to keep the hair the same is to not select hair at all. I have to assign every employee even if it's the same outfit, but I don't select the head and they keep their eyebrows and makeup.
I've got a girl who loses her eyebrows and  makeup when she's in uniform, and I can't figure out for the life of me why.

I didn't select a new head/hair for her. I always use the exact method you just described.
shezoe
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile WWW
« Reply #18 on: 2006 March 14, 18:33:58 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I've got a girl who loses her eyebrows and  makeup when she's in uniform, and I can't figure out for the life of me why.

I didn't select a new head/hair for her. I always use the exact method you just described.

yeah-i did too. There was nothing i could do to change it-which is when i almost deleted the uniform altogether cuz i didn't want that happening to anyone else. yikes. this ep has some REALLY bizarre stuff in it. the only conclusion i could come up with-was that the uniform selector doesn't have any custom stuff in the hair section and the guy i was using had custom goatee and eyebrows/sideburns

"I had always felt life first a story: and if there is a story there is a story-teller."
~G.K. Chesterton~
sara_dippity
Knuckleheaded Knob

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: 2006 March 14, 19:48:17 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I don't think it's the custom thing. The very first time I assigned a uniform I got missing eyebrows (that's when I stopped selecting the head. Now I'm sure that the next ten empoyees I get will end up bald and makeupless since my "workaround" doesn't seem to work for everyone). Anyway, when I got missing eyebrows before the sim did not have custom eyebrows, especially since I don't have any.

(\__/)
(='.'=)
(")_(")
buddha pest
Irritating Ignoramus

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: 2006 March 14, 20:18:07 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

yeah-i did too. There was nothing i could do to change it-which is when i almost deleted the uniform altogether cuz i didn't want that happening to anyone else.
I just tried something that worked for me.

When they're in their everyday clothes, have them change appearance in a mirror. Then go ahead and change appearance a second time to whatever you had before.

Then replan the uniform. The makeup/eyebrows/glasses should show up when they're in uniform now. (I have all these seemingly duplicate planned uniforms now from experimenting with this, and hey, hey, I won't be able to delete them! Nice.)

I don't know what causes it to begin with though. Maybe I did initially change the girl's hair for a second while planning the uniform and just don't remember. Who knows.

« Last Edit: 2006 March 14, 20:26:25 by buddha pest » Logged
shezoe
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile WWW
« Reply #21 on: 2006 March 15, 01:52:24 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

yeah-i did too. There was nothing i could do to change it-which is when i almost deleted the uniform altogether cuz i didn't want that happening to anyone else.
I just tried something that worked for me.

When they're in their everyday clothes, have them change appearance in a mirror. Then go ahead and change appearance a second time to whatever you had before.

Then replan the uniform. The makeup/eyebrows/glasses should show up when they're in uniform now. (I have all these seemingly duplicate planned uniforms now from experimenting with this, and hey, hey, I won't be able to delete them! Nice.)

I don't know what causes it to begin with though. Maybe I did initially change the girl's hair for a second while planning the uniform and just don't remember. Who knows.

i tried this last night and every time i put him in anything from the uniform screens it would happen again  Sad now my awesome idea that it might be the custom stuff appears to not be awesome after all-lol! so.... >>mostly confuzzled all the time in OFB  Undecided <<

~G.K. Chesterton~
Entgleichen
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: 2006 March 15, 20:12:03 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

More to come: When I assigned an existing  uniform to a second sim , this sim got the whole face (anatomy) changed into the face of the first sim!
Lion
Knuckleheaded Knob

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: 2006 March 15, 20:56:53 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

More to come: When I assigned an existing  uniform to a second sim , this sim got the whole face (anatomy) changed into the face of the first sim!

I got that too, even when I didn't use the existing uniform, but hand picked the clothes from the catalog. I was using the synctimer to hop from lot to lot, before JM sent out warnings.  After I stopped hopping, there is no more such annoyance.  Is this your case?

Jysudo
Nitwitted Nuisance

Super Shooter

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: 2006 March 16, 09:24:32 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Yeah post the list for our refereence, pls. my list in my head is getting so long that i am having problems remembering them all.
If you give me a lazy simmer like me ur list, I can just print it out and stick it on my monitor. lol  Grin

Go Away
Pages: [1] 2 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: