More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 May 11, 10:20:29

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540274 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6514 Members
Latest Member: Llama
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  Want to buy that crafted item instead of making it?
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 3 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Want to buy that crafted item instead of making it?  (Read 23843 times)
simmiecal
Dead Member

No kittens within five miles of my house! :)

View Profile
Want to buy that crafted item instead of making it?
« on: 2006 March 10, 04:23:36 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Windkeeper has made a collection folder which makes the crafted items available for purchase.

http://www.modthesims2.com/showthread.php?t=138087
Sleepycat
Stupid Schlemiel

meow!

View Profile
Re: Want to buy that crafted item instead of making it?
« Reply #1 on: 2006 March 10, 04:42:31 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I grabbed that earlier, it's great!  Grin

now I don't have to worry about all my little kids getting the new toys!

*perfers home businesses* I'll still make my sims earn their badges and make the stuff themselves for their stores but this way I won't have to have all my playable familys have the toy and flower craft benches just so they can have the new stuff  Cheesy

*isn't real interested in having robots* course I've never made a zombie (and don't plan to) and I still haven't gotten around to having a vampire  Roll Eyes
Scotty
Corpulent Cretin

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: 2006 March 10, 04:47:45 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Oh thank god. I hate crafting with those damn benches.

Come visit us at the Gay Sims Club 2.

http://gaysimsclub2.net

I'm a Gay Pirate! Arrr!
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2006 March 10, 04:53:48 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I like having to craft it, it adds an extra "niftiness" to it. Except the evil toys, it won't let you craft those specifically, AND I LIKE THE EVIL ONES MORE.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
simmiecal
Dead Member

No kittens within five miles of my house! :)

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2006 March 10, 04:55:36 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I like the craft benches and want SOME of my sims to have them. But I also like this option for setting up stores that have these items for sale.
Sleepycat
Stupid Schlemiel

meow!

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2006 March 10, 04:59:51 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I agree about the "niftiness" of having them make them themselves and my sims will make them for their stores but my kids are gonna get their new toys when I want them to have them, rather then waiting and hoping that one of their parents comes to my home based toy store.

you can also buy the evil ones from the collection  Wink
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2006 March 10, 05:23:01 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The normal toys are boring. I would only give them evil toys. Kids deserve evil toys. You remember the good old days when toys were choking and suffocation hazards? Remember when that was all we had, and we liked it?

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
idtaminger
Lipless Loser

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 2006 March 10, 05:32:49 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I thought you could have a sim craft them, and then have your playable sims go to the store to buy them?

I don't have the game yet, so I don't know, but I was hoping to give my simkids the toys by buying from my other playables.
Motoki
Lord of the Nannies
Uncouth Undesirable

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 2006 March 10, 05:39:58 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Yeah me too. And you can have them buy it from another sims store.

I know this is probably raining on everyone's parade here but the cheats really bug me. I know I should just ignore them but for some reason it just gnaws on me that they exist.  Tongue I guess it's a character flaw. I just wish I could play the game where I knew there was no way I could cheat at all. I could always not go online, but then I'd miss the annoyance and bug fixes and I honestly don't think I could play with that damned phone.

Oh well, maybe I should just check the OFB directory for updates and stay off the damned boards heh.

In communist China Peggy's hairs cut you!
Ancient Sim
Dead Member

Back from the dead ...

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9 on: 2006 March 10, 06:04:09 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I know what you mean, Motoki.  I often wish I'd never downloaded the buyable aspiration collection because I just get everything out of there now, my Sims hardly ever use their aspiration points, which is very silly really.  So, I'm not going to download this collection, otherwise I know I'll regret it in the same way.  I remember with Makin' Magic, being annoyed that I'd got all the crystals and so on available in the same way, rather than having my Sims work for them, and I vowed I wouldn't go down that road again.  And I really miss Makin' Magic, incidentally.  I hope they bring something like that into this game.

And what are the "evil toys"?  I didn't realise there were any that were specifically evil, just the normal ones going wrong sometimes.

Some favourite Sim thingies:  Film:  Lord of the Sims; Song: Losing My Sim by SIM; Book: Interview With the Sim by Sim Rice; Smell: Fried Simions; Colour: Simple.
Maria
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 2006 March 10, 06:14:52 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Yeah, I agree Motoki.  I'll go one better and say that I'm trying to figure out how to limit myself with the snapdragons when I finally go back to playing my real neighborhood.  With the servos, at least there's the possibility that they'll go insane, but there's no downside to the snapdragons and they're too powerful.

I do understand the problem with not being able to buy stuff from a home-based business, but you can always have your crafter buy Little 'N' Local for a while so your sims can pick up some firetrucks.  That's what I did to... get more snapdragons into my game  Embarrassed
Emma
Goopy Lover
Dead Member

All Pescados Suck.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #11 on: 2006 March 10, 07:09:51 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Motoki-I know exactly what you mean. I am definitely not going to get that collection! I want to make my sims make stuff and then buy stuff (ie-the point of the expansion)

windy_moon
Feckless Fool

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 2006 March 10, 07:31:26 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I know this is probably raining on everyone's parade here but the cheats really bug me. I know I should just ignore them but for some reason it just gnaws on me that they exist.  Tongue I guess it's a character flaw. I just wish I could play the game where I knew there was no way I could cheat at all. I could always not go online, but then I'd miss the annoyance and bug fixes and I honestly don't think I could play with that damned phone.

Oh well, maybe I should just check the OFB directory for updates and stay off the damned boards heh.

First of all, no, you are not allowed to stay off the damned boards.  We just got you back.
 Cool

Cheats, shrug.  I'm not the most self disciplined person (ha, there's a laugh), but I stopped playing with most cheats and aspiration rewards a long time ago.  It wasn't hard when I set down my own rules for the game.

I banned all aspiration rewards except the thinking cap and smart milk.  Trying to keep fortune Sims platinum without the money tree or counterfitting machine (for instance), meant encouraging and cultivating the non materialistic wants that come their way.  Happier Sims result!

If my Romance Sims want a hot tub, they better get off their butts and earn $6500 somehow, because I'm not cheating for money and they aren't getting one out of the aspiration rewards.  This generally results in them trolling for dream dates who will drop off an outrageously expensive gift....and out of that come good stories.

Haven't played OFB enough to say, but I'm already wary of snap dragons.  I doubt I will be placing them much.  I have TJ's static energy sculpture, but I've never once used it.

I stopped using the Energizer aspiration reward months ago in favor of macrotastics caffenate and no one has ever fallen asleep in a plate.  It's much more fun for me, watching their little bodies quiver with the coffee buzz.

(Oh, I cheat outrageously with aging.  They are my stories and Merola's painting lets me set their ages up however I, the Sim Goddess, dictate.)

So, I'll download the linked collection, thankyouverymuch, and most likely always make my Sims work for the objects anyway....unless I have a story that needs one in a pinch.

Reality is for those who lack imagination.
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 2006 March 10, 09:22:54 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

And what are the "evil toys"?  I didn't realise there were any that were specifically evil, just the normal ones going wrong sometimes.
Evil toys are specifically marked by the game as "Evil", with names like "Evil Jack-in-the-Box". They are invariably painted in dark, sinister colors and perform harmful and sometimes even lethal effects on hapless children.

Naturally, I like them very much.

Emma
Goopy Lover
Dead Member

All Pescados Suck.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #14 on: 2006 March 10, 09:30:25 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

As soon as I read about them in the Prima Guide, I thought they'd be your thing Cheesy

Karen
Malodorous Moron

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: 2006 March 10, 11:02:11 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Evil toys are specifically marked by the game as "Evil", with names like "Evil Jack-in-the-Box". They are invariably painted in dark, sinister colors and perform harmful and sometimes even lethal effects on hapless children.

Lethal?  Is that true for toddlers too, if they play with the evil toys?

Karen
Sagana
Stupid Schlemiel

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: 2006 March 10, 11:25:03 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I think they put them in just for you. You'd better be careful, no telling what they're doing when they're specifically trying to addict you. Might have all kinds of other dangerous things in there... and you got this EP suspiciously quickly...

Unsouper
Motoki
Lord of the Nannies
Uncouth Undesirable

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: 2006 March 10, 13:39:42 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Yeah, I agree Motoki.  I'll go one better and say that I'm trying to figure out how to limit myself with the snapdragons when I finally go back to playing my real neighborhood.  With the servos, at least there's the possibility that they'll go insane, but there's no downside to the snapdragons and they're too powerful.

Well there are evil stinky snapdragons. Perhaps someone could make a hack where there's a chance the good ones could go bad. Maybe if you don't water them.

I want to try out the evil toys but I really don't want to use this collection so I'm hoping Pescado comes up with a make evil toy hack for the benches. Hmm, maybe I should try shift clicking on those benches in debug mode and see if there's a debug option to may an evil toy.

In communist China Peggy's hairs cut you!
Gus Smedstad
Lipless Loser

Dabbler

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: 2006 March 10, 14:00:03 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Now I have to open a toy store.  I had no intention of doing this before reading this.

- Gus

Fine, I can see why people hate the Sims 3 sigs.
Gus Smedstad
Lipless Loser

Dabbler

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: 2006 March 10, 14:09:31 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I know this is probably raining on everyone's parade here but the cheats really bug me. I know I should just ignore them but for some reason it just gnaws on me that they exist.
I understand the sentiment, since I'm very annoyed that things like Restocking aren't actually required.  If the game includes restocking, I want it to force me to do restocking, without allowing a method that bypasses it entirely.

Then I realized that, like Windy Moon, I have a lot of house rules for the base game that I self-impose to make the game more interesting, and I don't have any trouble abiding by them.  I.e. there are a lot of commands I won't issue unless the Sim has a Want.  Studying in college, for example, since getting a 4.0 is ridiculously easy if you actually try for it.  Like Windy, I won't use any aspiration reward except Smart Milk.  So I can resist manually restocking or buying items that require crafting.

I just wish I could play the game where I knew there was no way I could cheat at all.
Agreed.  The only reason it's acceptable at all is that the Sims has always demanded that you set your own goals.  It's easier to accept the idea of not using parts of the game if you're already forced into making up your own rules.

- Gus

Fine, I can see why people hate the Sims 3 sigs.
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: 2006 March 10, 14:55:13 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I understand the sentiment, since I'm very annoyed that things like Restocking aren't actually required.  If the game includes restocking, I want it to force me to do restocking, without allowing a method that bypasses it entirely.
Well, having your employees restock is certainly easier than doing it yourself, but if it has to be done yesterday...

You also miss out on a a few bonuses if you always hand-restock, so mostly I do this as an emergency thing.

sara_dippity
Knuckleheaded Knob

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: 2006 March 10, 15:07:51 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Haven't played OFB enough to say, but I'm already wary of snap dragons.  I doubt I will be placing them much.  I have TJ's static energy sculpture, but I've never once used it.
Actually they aren't that bad, they seem to have a limited area they work in, so if they are in an area like a hallway, it's more of an occasional boost. I don't use a lot of aspiration rewards (smart milk, thinking cap, and elixer, that's it) and I don't use buyable collections or whatnot either, but I think of these as "aromatherapy" and put them near my shoppers and employees.

(\__/)
(='.'=)
(")_(")
cabelle
Malodorous Moron

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: 2006 March 10, 15:12:35 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The one thing I'd like about this hack is that I could have buyable flower bouquets to place on the plots in my community cemeteries. Though I also wish TS2 would cycle through different types of tombstones like it did for TS1. More vairety would make the cemeteries look more realistic to me. For now I have a sim in each neighborhood area who "owns" the cemetery and places flowers on the graves from his or her inventory. I guess they're the friendly neighborhood mortician? Kind of morbid I suppose. But I like it because it adds a sense of realism to my neighborhoods.
Sleepycat
Stupid Schlemiel

meow!

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: 2006 March 10, 15:27:30 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Yeah me too. And you can have them buy it from another sims store.

yes you can just have your sims buy them a a commericial lot store But if that store is a home business then you have to hope your sims visits the store so you can sell it to them!!

right now, I perfer home businesses but I want my sim kids to have some of the new toys before they freakin die of old age!!  Angry

---
/ rant below is not directed at anyone in particular

I play for fun and I don't get all this crap about cheating, if a hack or cheat code dosen't fit into your way of playing then just don't use it! theres alot of stuff I rarely use but like having for just in case and theres stuff I use all the time. I've noticed that some people like to imply that the hacks they use aren't "cheats" and any they don't want to use are.

get off the freakin high horse, everyone plays differently and I think almost everyones "goal" is to have fun! This isn't a game you play to "beat"

---
/ rant off

*feels better*
I just dislike people implying I'm a cheater and trying to make me feel guilty because I play differently then they do.  Tongue

miramis
Juvenile Jackass

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: 2006 March 10, 15:33:31 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

There is a simple way to buy the crafted items without forcing all your sims to be proficient at making them.  Just set up certain individuals with community businesses selling each of the crafted items.  It's better to have several of each type, and at least one of each colour for variety.  You can then send your other sims who can't make them to those business to do some shopping, this way you don't need to cheat and it's kind of more realistic.  You also don't have to wait for those sims to turn up at the store since you can take the sims to the store instead (in other words control the shopper not the owner).  I use this method to buy Snapdragons from Delarosas store for my other sims businesses in the test hood, and will be using it to buy other items for my non-crafting sims in my legacy hood once the stores are set up.  

Just to point out You do  NOT have to wait for sims to visit your store.  Take your sims to the store instead, just like you take them to downtown stores to buy Clothes or Perfume.  **Edited** to add that you can't take your sims to home stores duh!  Stupid me.
Pages: [1] 2 3 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: