More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 May 11, 18:00:43

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540274 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6514 Members
Latest Member: Llama
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  "boolprop" Phobia
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: "boolprop" Phobia  (Read 53887 times)
DrBeast
Pinheaded Pissant

Still they're marching on...

View Profile
Re: "boolprop" Phobia
« Reply #75 on: 2006 March 10, 11:39:59 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Welll...for a MILLION dollars...I think I could put up with the BBS for a little while.  Wink  I guess it depends on how long I'd have to stay.

Hey, for a million of these green things that have a nasty habit of starting wars, you can get yourself a VAST supply of Prozacs. Always Look At The Bright Side Of Life, as Brian would've quoted!

Let the Beast inside you free!
BlueSoup
Super-Deformed Bobblehead
Vacuous Vegetable

View Profile
« Reply #76 on: 2006 March 10, 14:28:33 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Welll...for a MILLION dollars...I think I could put up with the BBS for a little while.  Wink  I guess it depends on how long I'd have to stay.

Man, for a million dollars, I would agree to moderate the damn thing.   Cheesy *Delete, delete, delete*
sanmonroe
Circus Freak
Lipless Loser

Hates Furries.

View Profile
« Reply #77 on: 2006 March 10, 19:19:24 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

For a million bucks I would let Coolone come to my house and use my computer to post ont he BBS.

When you do something because of the internet that is wrong.
When you make love to a man in a giraffe outfit.
When you discover you masterbated online to a picture of a relative.

Webcest.
Baronetess
vcline
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile
« Reply #78 on: 2006 March 10, 20:51:54 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

and you download a lot of custom objects without checking their poly counts then it's certainly a place to start looking.

Interesting, Motoki.  So how do I check for poly counts, and what's considered high?
Motoki
Lord of the Nannies
Uncouth Undesirable

View Profile
« Reply #79 on: 2006 March 10, 20:58:06 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

There should be a tutorial for how to check the counts in the Peasantry section. I believe Batron did it. I'm not sure if it's on the first page or not anymore but it still should be there.

In communist China Peggy's hairs cut you!
Marchioness
Brynne
Smells Like Pee
Souped!

View Profile
« Reply #80 on: 2006 March 10, 20:59:31 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

This was the case right after NL came out and pool lights were getting corrupted on community lots.  It also helped us find out the problem with sims who had been updated to Uni status with the lot debugger who were crashing and losing their want slots when moving into a lot--they had no major set.  Without having debug mode enabled, we would have never known what the problem was.  Since I use it so much, I got tired of entering it all the time and put it in my startup folder.  I never really have a reason to turn it off now.

It's in my startup file, as well. Those damn pool lights...without debug mode enabled, I never would get into the lots. I'd have to ctrl/alt/delete out of the game. That's at least one situation where it's very handy to have the cheat running all the time. It's a pain, though, when you get a "too many iterations" error or something while the cinematic is playing. You have to guess at where the "reset" button would be if it was on your freaking screen.

I ain't 'fraid of no debug mode, though. Just use some common sense. If you don't understand a function, don't use it!
angelyne
Obtuse Oaf

View Profile
« Reply #81 on: 2006 March 10, 21:05:30 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Anyway, there's a cheat for setting family funds so you can reverse that by taking away money if you want now.

Now THAT'S good news!

It's also old news.  It's been introduced with Nightlife Smiley   familyFunds familyname amount
There should be a tutorial for how to check the counts in the Peasantry section. I believe Batron did it. I'm not sure if it's on the first page or not anymore but it still should be there.

It's here http://www.moreawesomethanyou.com/smf/index.php?topic=2216.0
Baronetess
vcline
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile
« Reply #82 on: 2006 March 10, 21:52:49 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Thanks, Motoki and angelyne for pointing me to the thread on poly counts.  I hardly download any CC (that's not in this forum) but it's good to know where to go for info.
Baroness
witch
Breakfast of Champions!
Senator

Shunning the accursed daystar.

View Profile
« Reply #83 on: 2006 March 10, 22:26:30 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Anyway, there's a cheat for setting family funds so you can reverse that by taking away money if you want now.

Now THAT'S good news!

It's also old news.  It's been introduced with Nightlife Smiley   familyFunds familyname amount

D'oh!  Embarrassed

My fists are named Feminine and Wiles.
Ellatrue
Terrible Twerp

ENFP, by popular request.

View Profile
« Reply #84 on: 2006 March 11, 05:53:24 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I just don't like it, because sometimes you get error messages over and over again with certain hacks (even if it isn't a real problem) that just keep recurring, so that you can't play anymore, even to get out of the testing cheats mode.

RainbowTigress
Sucky Name Person
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #85 on: 2006 March 11, 06:41:18 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

If I have that problem, which isn't often, I will hit cancel with my finger on the pause button, and once I get it paused, then I can see what sim is having the problem, make a note of the error, cancel the action or reset the sim, whatever takes care of the problem, then come here and report the issue with the appropriate log.  Then if the issue is with someone's mod here, they can work on fixing it.  I don't believe in whitewashing problems.  For the same reason, I turn off automatic rebooting when there is an error in Windows.  If there's a problem, I want to know about it, dammit!  Ignorance is not bliss. 
Motoki
Lord of the Nannies
Uncouth Undesirable

View Profile
« Reply #86 on: 2006 March 11, 08:25:00 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I just don't like it, because sometimes you get error messages over and over again with certain hacks (even if it isn't a real problem) that just keep recurring, so that you can't play anymore, even to get out of the testing cheats mode.

But that's just it. It is a real problem. If a hack is causing that, even if you don't notice it with debug mode turned off, the hack is 'dirty' and not coded properly. If the hack were made properly, it should NOT be causing any errors even with debug mode turned on. Don't like any lazy hack creators tell you otherwise, if you're getting errors, the didn't code it properly, at best it's ineffecient, at worst it could cause trouble down the line.

Oh, I saw this on the BBS today and thought of this thread immediately. I was going to post the quote, but I thought it better to just do a screencap and post it in technicolor. (see attachment)

[404'ed!]

RainbowTigress
Sucky Name Person
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #87 on: 2006 March 11, 08:57:26 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Yeah, that person is either stupid, ignorant, or both.  That just shows the common theme over there at the BBS, and why I can't stand it for longer than two minutes.
maxon
Obtuse Oaf

Unrepentant Inteenimator User - Kitten Killer.

View Profile
« Reply #88 on: 2006 March 11, 10:11:33 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Oh, I saw this on the BBS today and thought of this thread immediately. I was going to post the quote, but I thought it better to just do a screencap and post it in technicolor. (see attachment)

Boolpropfool just about sums it up.

Inteen for AL, yay!
miramis
Juvenile Jackass

View Profile
« Reply #89 on: 2006 March 11, 17:23:33 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The only problem I have with testingcheatsenabled is that if something causes an error, it can start generating an endless loop of error messages that won't go away, and the only way to stop them is to type 'boolprop testingcheatsenabled false' one character at a time, clicking on the error messages between characters.

Next time hit the pause button really fast  Wink
veilchen
Terrible Twerp

We are the ADS! Bow to us!!

View Profile
« Reply #90 on: 2006 March 11, 17:31:21 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Yeah, that person is either stupid, ignorant, or both.  That just shows the common theme over there at the BBS, and why I can't stand it for longer than two minutes.

Agreed, and agreed. It's a shame that the real advice, and the helpful people who know what they are talking about are buried deeply in the official board. Even using search brings up the crap first. Idiotic advice, even if it sounds highly illogical, is usually followed by "thank you" notes from people who don't seem to be able to logically follow through and realize that the adivice is highly suspect.

~Having the last word is not all it's cracked up to be.~
~All we have to do is remove those who oppose us.~ (Saruman, LotR)
~Wir sind die Roboter~ http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R23e9VO_vOI&feature=related
Motoki
Lord of the Nannies
Uncouth Undesirable

View Profile
« Reply #91 on: 2006 March 11, 20:59:57 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Yes, and they get benes too. Don't forget the benes!

On a semi-related note (idiots), MTS2 irritates the shit out of me sometimes too. I've seen numerous times and have even had to say it myself there at one point, where content creators have to say 'Okay guys, the thanks are nice but I really need some feedback on how this is working'. They have the thank you button there so there is no excuse, but they all do 'Thanks' 'Great' 'Thanks' 'Awesome' 'You rock' 'Thanks' 'This is so great' and most of them post spam like that before they even have tried the damned thing.  Roll Eyes

It's annoying for the creators to sift through all the spam replies when looking for genuine feedback and it's annoying for me as a user when I want to see if anyone else is reporting having problems with a new hack that's been posted.

Moonshires
Blathering Buffoon

ESTJ

View Profile
« Reply #92 on: 2006 March 11, 21:10:17 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I agree with ya on that part (over at MTS2).  Trying to wade through 5+ pages of "Thank you" when looking for additional information, notes, (or in the rare times it happens) other people's post about what they've experienced that's wrong with the item, is annoying at best.

Wish the mods would clamp down on enforcing the use of the thank you button.  I mean..that's what it's there for.

On a side-note and totally OT, Motoki, I'd sent you a PM yesterday.  Was curious if you'd gotten it or not.
flowerchile
Bonghit Jones
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #93 on: 2006 March 12, 00:50:38 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

You couldn't get me into the BBS for a million bucks. I mean, I'm stupid, but they are stupid with a side of *retarded child waving* and a bit of *autism child staring blankly* all mixed together to become... the typical BBS'er.

C'mon now, if there weren't sites like the BBS, where would people like me go for a really good belly laugh.  Methinks you need to see the humour in their retarded, idiotic comments; and think of this, if they didn't have the BBS, does that mean they would have to find another site??  And which site would that be..I shudder to think.  No-one would be safe from assholes like FCL, sorry, Coolone, oh wrong again; Old Man... Wink

I went outside once...the graphics were shit.
RainbowTigress
Sucky Name Person
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #94 on: 2006 March 12, 01:24:08 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Yes, and they get benes too. Don't forget the benes!

On a semi-related note (idiots), MTS2 irritates the shit out of me sometimes too. I've seen numerous times and have even had to say it myself there at one point, where content creators have to say 'Okay guys, the thanks are nice but I really need some feedback on how this is working'. They have the thank you button there so there is no excuse, but they all do 'Thanks' 'Great' 'Thanks' 'Awesome' 'You rock' 'Thanks' 'This is so great' and most of them post spam like that before they even have tried the damned thing.  Roll Eyes

It's annoying for the creators to sift through all the spam replies when looking for genuine feedback and it's annoying for me as a user when I want to see if anyone else is reporting having problems with a new hack that's been posted.
We are of the same mind on this, Motoki.  I'm not a creator, but I do try to give creative and useful feedback.  I hate having to wade through all the Thank yous and worse, the over colorized posts and smiley spam.  I worry that my feedback or actual problem will get lost and not even been seen by the creator.  Monique seems pretty good about responding as do some others, but I know of a few who I reported problems to who never ever responded.  And it's a real shame too. 
Sagana
Stupid Schlemiel

View Profile
« Reply #95 on: 2006 March 12, 01:27:44 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I don't have a problem with the testing cheats, tho I don't just leave it on all the time. Guess I have a 'clean up' thing. I always turn off everything I'm not actively using, including deleting aspiration rewards the minute I'm done with them on the rare occasions I use them. I just don't like clutter on the computer (in my house is a whole 'nother story).

But I don't get this ' if you don't know what it is, leave it alone' thing. If I don't know what something does, I click on it immediately to find out. I guess that's how I learned to use programs to start with (when I went to school there weren't no such thing and 'round my neck of the woods, manuals are for wusses - only to be resorted to in major desperation.)

When I got the game, I found out all the codes I could and clicked on everything (along with going through all the menu options I could find and trying as much as I could) and I do the same thing with each new EP, including opening all the codes I know and clicking on all the new menu items I can find.

<shrug> I play a test neighborhood first tho, so I'm not really taking chances on sims I care about and (despite popular belief) there's very little on computers that's not undoable or fixable one way or another. I dunno where people got the idea their computers were so fragile. Must be that bomb graphic. Or maybe it's a PC thing, as at base I'm a mac user.

Unsouper
RainbowTigress
Sucky Name Person
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #96 on: 2006 March 12, 05:28:20 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I think the key phrase there is "I play a test neighborhood first tho, so I'm not really taking chances on sims I care about."

Although I don't always follow this advice, I do keep regular backups.  I hit something one time using boolprop and it spawned all these sims and slowed the game to a crawl.  I exited the house without saving, but when I went back something was messed up, I forget what it was.  So I restored my backup neighborhood and went from there.  I remember not to push that particular button again.  Cheesy

But where's the fun if you don't take some chances sometimes?  You'll never learn anything if you don't.  Of course, sometimes it takes a bit of common sense like knowing when and where to take chances, but having a backup is always a good idea.
Bangelnuts
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #97 on: 2006 March 12, 05:55:08 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

BoolProp Phobia is rampant over at the BBS for sure Tongue But on the bright side that seems to be one of the only sites that runs in absolute terror at the mere mention of "Boolprop"
  I rarely leave feedback for creator's at MTS2 because the "thank You" Spam is overwhelming and I am afraid feedback would be totally unseen at MTS2.I spent literally 30 min's or more searching for the answer to  the Question "does lot full of sims" work in OFB ?from the creator Doc Doofus it took that long to get through the thankyou's and awesome posts to see what he/she had to say on whether or not the hack works in OFB.
  the answer for all those who use the mod is Yes it does work ! "the BBS is much the same when trying to ferret out useful info you have to wade past the "bene's" posts and the Oh No "boolprop"kills the game posts. and the you need a new computer posts Tongue

I have joined the ranks of many herre and have been banned from Brynnes forum.I must say the pleasure is all mine in having been banned from there .Self absorbed bragging is tiring  after awhile.
RainbowTigress
Sucky Name Person
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #98 on: 2006 March 12, 05:59:12 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Of course, we know the answer to all life's problems is buying a new computer.   Roll Eyes
« Last Edit: 2006 March 12, 06:09:52 by rainbow » Logged
Baroness
witch
Breakfast of Champions!
Senator

Shunning the accursed daystar.

View Profile
« Reply #99 on: 2006 March 12, 10:23:36 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Of course, we know the answer to all life's problems is buying a new computer.   Roll Eyes
Isn't it?  Tongue

good to know the lot full of sims works in OFB Bangelnuts, otherwise all of my current playable lots would be useless.

Still waiting on OFB. Have paid 'n all. Sposed to be here on 9th. Now it's nearly 13th - (well it will be in about 35 minutes).  Angry Cry

My fists are named Feminine and Wiles.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: