More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 May 16, 21:52:49

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540276 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6514 Members
Latest Member: Llama
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  Nightlife Rocks (Gasp!)
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 2 [3] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Nightlife Rocks (Gasp!)  (Read 22574 times)
sara_dippity
Knuckleheaded Knob

View Profile
Re: Nightlife Rocks (Gasp!)
« Reply #50 on: 2005 September 25, 18:13:21 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Quote from: Sara Dippity
I'm having fun seeing what happens if I don't just shoot for a dream date, but let the sims do their own thing.

I'll have to try that.  Doesn't it crash and burn pretty quickly?  The time limit is short, in my experience Sims rarely fulfill their Wants autonomously.
Meh, depends on the sims. An outgoing and playful one matched with another of the same type might do a lot of dancing and playing, so they actually don't do as badly as I expect them to. Sometimes I might make them fill a want or two simply for more time, but mostly the dates remind me a lot of my old dates. You know, standing around and rocking back on forth on my feet while looking around the room for an escape route.
Now I'm starting to wonder how to make a date end really really badly. I guess picking fights would work, but that's so obvious. Pranking could work, but you never know. I've seen sims laugh when they were ventrillo farted, even when the relationship was zero.

(\__/)
(='.'=)
(")_(")
sara_dippity
Knuckleheaded Knob

View Profile
« Reply #51 on: 2005 September 25, 18:15:01 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I play with a lot of rules like this.  For example, when my Sims hit college, I won't have them do class-related stuff like term papers or assignments unless they have a Want for it.  Since it's trivial to get a 4.0 grade if you make any effort at all, it becomes a game to see which Sims will graduate with based on their own "efforts."  I do make them study the required skills, since many aspirations never roll "get a skill point."
I need to try that.

(\__/)
(='.'=)
(")_(")
Gus Smedstad
Lipless Loser

Dabbler

View Profile
« Reply #52 on: 2005 September 25, 19:33:17 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Now I'm starting to wonder how to make a date end really really badly.

The obvious thing is to fulfill some Fears, since you get Dream Dates through Wants.  However, a little experimentation showed that to be very difficult.  Date fears are all things like "reject Entertainment" which almost never happens.

I did find a way to do it, though.  First I flirted up to Crush, and fulfilled a few Wants so I had some time.  The date was "great" at that point.  Then I Influenced my date to flirt with a stranger, which of course resulted in immediate fury.  That got me to "bad."  Then I attacked, since Fury opened that up.  That sent me straight to Horrible.  Absolute bottom, and the whole date meter got a red tinge.

- Gus

Fine, I can see why people hate the Sims 3 sigs.
Gus Smedstad
Lipless Loser

Dabbler

View Profile
« Reply #53 on: 2005 September 25, 20:21:17 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Here's my reward:

[attachment deleted by admin]

nothingbutsims
« Reply #54 on: 2005 September 26, 03:22:42 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Way to go Gus! Cheesy  Now you have some relationship mending to do or some slapping to put up with?
aussieone
Stupid Schlemiel

I ain't 'fraid of no Inteenimater!! ABCD/EFGH

View Profile
« Reply #55 on: 2005 September 26, 04:08:52 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

LMAO @ description "Flaming Poo Bag"  Grin

Inge: credit to Kewian for educating me as to where my clitoris is and what it does
Gus Smedstad
Lipless Loser

Dabbler

View Profile
« Reply #56 on: 2005 September 26, 12:34:47 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The other Sim in question is a Townie student, so I don't really have to do anything about the relationship.  I may try anyway just for the challenge.

- Gus

MaxoidTom
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile
« Reply #57 on: 2005 September 26, 15:20:40 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I thought the Downtown lots were very good, much better than they used to make.  One thing I just realised a day or so ago, was that when you put your lots in the lot bin and then place them, the lot stays in the bin like the Maxis Dorms do.
If you make your lot catalog folder (in documents) read only and all files in it, all the lots do that.

You no longer have to do that in NL.
cabelle
Malodorous Moron

View Profile
« Reply #58 on: 2005 September 26, 16:12:59 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Thanks for the laugh Gus!  Cheesy I haven't had a horrible date yet, I may try it out. I've heard you can keep the flaming bags in your sim's inventory, then line them up a walkway like luminarias. That would make quite the decorating statement.

So far the only thing I've noticed about the chemistry element is that it seems to get compatible sims in a love relationship faster than before. It used to take me a couple of sim days to get them in love, one couple I played yesterday fell in love and married within 24 sim hours of their "blind date." This could make it even easier for adult Romance sims to fulfill their "woohoo with 20 sims" LTW without needing the elixir of life. As long as they pick a compatible date things go well enough for a woohoo interaction on the first date.

I'm having fun with this EP too, minus some of the annoyances I've encountered (like glitches with moving graves). I'm really glad to hear that Maxis is doing as much as they can to stay on top of the bugs. The new downtown area is really neat and I can't say enough about the houses, they are beautiful (always been a fan of those gorgeous San Francisco victorian homes). I'm not all that interested in the business EP yet but I'm glad they're making it. We all have different interests in what we like and it's a good thing that Maxis tries to meet a wide variety of those interests. Hope that makes sense.
RainbowTigress
Sucky Name Person
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #59 on: 2005 September 26, 20:11:57 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

So far the only thing I've noticed about the chemistry element is that it seems to get compatible sims in a love relationship faster than before. It used to take me a couple of sim days to get them in love, one couple I played yesterday fell in love and married within 24 sim hours of their "blind date." This could make it even easier for adult Romance sims to fulfill their "woohoo with 20 sims" LTW without needing the elixir of life. As long as they pick a compatible date things go well enough for a woohoo interaction on the first date.
Not only that, but they don't age while they are downtown.  You can stay downtown for a long time, drinking coffee to keep up your energy, and you can even shower at places like the spa.  When you go home, no time has passed at all.  Which doesn't make sense as far as the game making you hire a nanny for the kids while you're gone since they won't have moved from where they were when you left, but I guess that makes it more realistic.
Motoki
Lord of the Nannies
Uncouth Undesirable

View Profile
« Reply #60 on: 2005 September 26, 20:55:20 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I've had sims get married within the same day of meeting before. I'd imagine the chemistry might help a bit because you can do some of the better interactions for getting the lifetime relationship up at lower levels, but I've definitely done it prior to Nightlife.

In communist China Peggy's hairs cut you!
Pages: 1 2 [3] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: