More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 May 13, 20:56:58

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540274 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6514 Members
Latest Member: Llama
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  I look for a specific thief
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: I look for a specific thief  (Read 8211 times)
Regna
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
I look for a specific thief
« on: 2005 December 01, 21:32:57 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I have been lurking for a while here and partly out of a sense of shame is that I signed up, that and since I try to read the majority of what is posted here I find way more information than anywhere else so I don't feel asking a question if is already here or if I can't add something that would not come out being stupid (or ar least not so much).

Anyway, since NL introduced the chance to meet the thief by means of the furious state I have a sim that I have been trying to get to know the female thief for the longest time; so far the only one that he's met is the male one. Since I have noticed that the mailperson is not the same in every lot, I have been wondering if this is the case as well regarding the thief and that a determined thief is somehow assigned to a lot or if they cycle through the thief NPCs available at the moment of a burglary like in the case of the service NPCs.

Feel free to rip my lips off.
ZiggyDoodle
Retarded Reprobate

View Profile
Re: I look for a specific thief
« Reply #1 on: 2005 December 01, 23:29:07 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

While I don't know the answer to your question, I can say that while the brilliance of the postings can be quite blinding, I've found the intelligentsia to be most helpful and kind.

And it is so nice to read well written sentences and paragraphs sans misspelled words.

Emma
Goopy Lover
Dead Member

All Pescados Suck.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: 2005 December 01, 23:43:13 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I have only met 3 burglars-Gordon someone, Amin someone and Jessica someone...I think new ones are generated if you move them into your family-but I have only had 1 'assigned' to a lot at any one time. Hope that answers your question, and welcome in from your lurking  Grin

TheCheat
Corpulent Cretin

Yeah man. I'll gnaw your face off.

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2005 December 02, 00:08:12 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Since when could you not meet Burglars before Nightlife? I've been able to meet them anytime I wanted (when they showed up, anyways  Roll Eyes) without any problem at all.

All ya' gotta do is wait until the cop puts the Burglar in to the car and walks in to your house. Before he reaches your Sim to do that "Hey, you helped catch a known criminal" thing, you can click on the car and open the rear door. You'll then "meet" the Burglar and be given some daily and lifetime relationship scores in the 20-30ish range.
Emma
Goopy Lover
Dead Member

All Pescados Suck.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: 2005 December 02, 00:22:40 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Yeah-but you gotta be quick  Wink You get to 'meet' the cop too then, cos they are mad at you for letting the burglar escape.

Regna
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2005 December 02, 00:37:05 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Yes, I am aware that you could get a sim to meet the burglar by getting him/her out of the police car, is just that since NL is relatively easier to meet them since the event of the burglary now adds the burglar to the list of sims known. 

Is just that it since a mailperson is assigned to a certain lot I was wondering if the same applied to the burglars or not. If the burglar is preassigned then, it is possible to change who is the burglar that will appear, perhaps by using SimPE?

And ZiggyDoodle, I didn't mean to come up as if I was having a verbal diarrhea, but I tend to get like that every once in a while.
Ancient Sim
Dead Member

Back from the dead ...

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: 2005 December 02, 02:32:33 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

ALL NPC's are assigned to lots so yes, it will be a specific burglar.  The only way I know of to get another is to move to a house that is served by the one you want.  There probably is a way of doing it in SimPE, but I don't know what it is.  Of course, by far the easiest solution is to simply teleport the burglar onto the lot!

I haven't had a single burglary since installing NL anyway, don't know what's happened to them.  Maybe they've gone straight or something.

Some favourite Sim thingies:  Film:  Lord of the Sims; Song: Losing My Sim by SIM; Book: Interview With the Sim by Sim Rice; Smell: Fried Simions; Colour: Simple.
Process Denied
Juvenile Jackass

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 2005 December 02, 04:12:46 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

It's funny,not only do the thieves show up on the panel, but it is fury.  Nina was furious for the longest time with the thief and when she forgave him she ended up with a rather high relationship score with him.  Within a couple of sim hours she had made him her fifth NPC woohoo.  I wish he wasn't so ugly.  A hot thief would be cool.
« Last Edit: 2005 December 02, 21:36:10 by Process Denied » Logged
JenW
Irritating Ignoramus

Grilled cheese lovin' cyborg

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8 on: 2005 December 02, 04:41:46 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I've had two different burglars rob one house in my new Legacy neighborhood...and this is a neighborhood where I deleted all characters and only recreated townies, so NPCs are generated only as needed. My campus only has about 10 students in the directory! Just keep trying, I guess...

Jen

<Pescado> With ninja throwing breadsticks, YOU are the dipping sauce! | The Literate Sim
MissDoh
Retarded Reprobate

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 2005 December 02, 05:04:28 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I wonder if you would use boolprop testingcheats and force burglary if the same burglar would show up on the lot.  You could try that if you are not afraid of using it.

I was and I am not anymore.
Regna
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 2005 December 02, 05:12:18 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Thank you all for your answers; I guess that since I don't want to move my sim until I find the correct lot for the female thief I can teleport her with Inge's shrub then.

A couple of months ago I forced a burglary once with boolprop (at about midnight in that sim's house) and for some reason it caused an error on other lots whenever that burglar would appear, which makes me wary about using it for this purpose.
Kyna
Terrible Twerp

An ass with great insight

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 2005 December 02, 11:01:49 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

There's two options that I don't think anybody mentioned yet.

First one is to have one of your burgled sims make friends with the male burglar, then move him in.  I've had my sims make friends with the burglar while still furious with him, but haven't tried moving him in - so it might be better to wait until the furious state wears off.  No reason the dude can't have a 'mysterious swimming pool accident' after that to get rid of him  Grin  Or you could give him new clothes once he's playable and then send him to the townie pool using Inge's teleporter plus shrub.  The next time you get a burglary the game will spawn a new burglar - who may or may not be female.

Alternatively, look through the sims in SimPE and find a female burglar in the neighbourhood.  Go to her relationships, scroll down until you get to the sim you want her for.  Right click on that sim and an option will come up to make them known to each other.  Commit, save, exit.  Open your game, and your sim will now know the female burglar and can ring her up to make friends with her.

<br />Also, thank god for Google spellcheck. Otherwise, this post would be intelligible. <br />
<br />Declared \\\\\\\"Male\\\\\\\" by Pescado on 8th April, 2009
Zeljka
Knuckleheaded Knob

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 2005 December 02, 13:53:40 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I would think that if you befriended the burglars you did meet, you would get a different one next time, much like the headmaster seems to work.

Remember first that the greatest inequality is to treat unequal things equally
Kyna
Terrible Twerp

An ass with great insight

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 2005 December 02, 16:04:41 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

In my game, the sim family that made friends with the burglar got robbed by the same burglar next time.  They were once again totally furious and the friendship was lost.

<br />Also, thank god for Google spellcheck. Otherwise, this post would be intelligible. <br />
<br />Declared \\\\\\\"Male\\\\\\\" by Pescado on 8th April, 2009
Swiftgold
Horrible Halfwit

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: 2005 December 02, 19:39:25 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I wonder what the chance of burglaries is, anyhow? I've had exactly one burglary in my gigantic neighborhood which is now starting its fourth generation... one burglary in all that time between over fifteen houses? It happened early on, too, pre-Uni. I've been leaving off alarms and trying to get everyone to bed at once to encourage it, but nothing. Does the DMAteleport panel still count as an alarm? I love the randomness so I don't want to force anything, but I have to wonder if there's some newer hack preventing it...
ZephyrZodiac
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: 2005 December 02, 20:26:38 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

haven't had a single burglary since installing NL anyway, don't know what's happened to them.  Maybe they've gone straight or something.

I was wondering that too, but in my old hood where the burglars were actually already in simPE I'd turned them into babies so they didn't (ie couldn't) burgle, but in my new hood I deleted all characters, and for ages the houses seemed to be burglar free.  I guess that now all the other NPCs have been generated that the cycle has come round to the burglar, as it happened to poor Don, and I hadn't given him a burglar alarm!  So I banned the burglar from the lot, and like an idiot I got Don to phone the cops, so of course, he got fined!  (He has no memory of being burgled, although he did notice his sofa was missing, but he remembers being fined, and was furious with the cop but at the same time he wanted to be friends with him!

Zephyr Zodiac
Zeljka
Knuckleheaded Knob

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: 2005 December 02, 21:33:26 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

wow, they'll burgle you even if you're a friend?  That's harsh.

DMA Teleport does not count as a burglar alarm.

TheCheat
Corpulent Cretin

Yeah man. I'll gnaw your face off.

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: 2005 December 02, 21:47:56 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

It's not really harsh. Would you expect someone who's willing to break in to a house to get stuff someone who would remain loyal to friends? I wouldn't.
Marquis
mistymage
Lipless Loser

View Profile WWW
« Reply #18 on: 2005 December 02, 22:51:06 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Thank you all for your answers; I guess that since I don't want to move my sim until I find the correct lot for the female thief I can teleport her with Inge's shrub then.

A couple of months ago I forced a burglary once with boolprop (at about midnight in that sim's house) and for some reason it caused an error on other lots whenever that burglar would appear, which makes me wary about using it for this purpose.

Here's a nice painting that once "viewed" calls the burglar to your lot .. plus there's a combo burglar alarm/ fire alarm object as well;

http://simsky.parsimonious.org/ensimsky.php

another option is the daily or weekly  burglar:

http://www.modthesims2.com/showthread.php?t=72344&highlight=daily+burgler

that hack works fine with my TS2/Uni/NL

This way you can quickly cycle thru the various burglars until the one you want shows up.. killing off the ones you don't want is my preferred method of assurring that they do cycle and not just the same male/female come over  Grin

~misty

Gnohmon's sims 1 objects
"It's like that hobbit/dragon thing. You cut off one head and.. it's an exercise in futility." -Andy, Dawn of the dead remake, 2004 = trolls on MATY
kewian
Great White Whale
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: 2005 December 02, 23:06:23 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

hell..what is a burgular?  I have never ever had one appear even without the alarms.  Ive been playing since it came out. 

buddha pest
Irritating Ignoramus

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: 2005 December 02, 23:34:27 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I haven't had a single burglary since installing NL anyway, don't know what's happened to them.  Maybe they've gone straight or something.
I've been having tons of burglaries since NL. To the point where it's getting obnoxious.

I always, always have alarms too. I wasn't aware that affected anything.
Zeljka
Knuckleheaded Knob

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: 2005 December 03, 00:05:02 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

It's not really harsh. Would you expect someone who's willing to break in to a house to get stuff someone who would remain loyal to friends? I wouldn't.

I would, after all, there is that saying: "You can trust a thief but you can't trust a liar..."

Weirdly enough, I have cousins who are thieves -just that part of the family nobody talks about Wink and they don't steal from their friends or family, though for some reason they're ok with stealing from strangers?!

ZephyrZodiac
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: 2005 December 03, 01:27:06 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I think that's always been true to some extent for professional thieves, but not today's drug-hungry brigade who'll beat up their own grandmother for the cost of a fix!

Zephyr Zodiac
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: