More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 May 03, 17:31:36

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6513 Members
Latest Member: Linnie
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS3/TSM: The Pudding
| |-+  The World Of Pudding
| | |-+  Freeze on move out
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Freeze on move out  (Read 2650 times)
ShiroInu
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
Freeze on move out
« on: 2010 January 19, 01:47:23 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Whenever I try to move out a sim from my main household [either by selecting 'Move' on a computer/phone, or spliting up the household in Edit Town], it asks me to confirm the new family and then hangs on the processing screen that follows. I've tried it at least 10 times - moving out different sims, cloning the family to a new neighbourhood, removing all my hacks - and it always hangs, so I have to force the game closed.

I'm playing WA fully patched, and this problem only started recently. I've tried removing all my hacks, and they didn't seem to be the problem. I've tried it with debug on, and didn't get any errors. I've tried everything I can think of, short of re-installing, which I really don't want to do.

Is it possible to fix this without re-installing, or am I screwed?
Chagrinned Goat
Tasty Tourist

View Profile
Re: Freeze on move out
« Reply #1 on: 2010 January 19, 02:03:55 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I had this problem before, but it only applied to the household I was playing. I tried splitting up (through the phone, as well as in Edit Town) another family in the neighborhood, and it worked fine for them. You might be having the same problem, that just that specific household is bugged.

Unfortunately, I never found a way to get around that problem, and just restarted.
ShiroInu
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2010 January 19, 04:08:07 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Yeah . . . I could split up/move out other families, but the one I play is borked. Crap.
Treehugger
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2010 January 19, 11:09:04 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I had this happen to the legacy family that I was playing. The game would hang if I tried to move out some of the spares however I did it whether I tied to move them out via the phone, tried to split them up in the edit screen or switched to another household and got the residents to invite them to move in.  The only way to get them out of the househld was while I had switched to another household I turned on testingcheatsenabled true and added them to the household using the cheat.

After I had done this once or twice I was able to move sims out of the legacy household normally but one of the families I used the cheat to add members to got infected with the bug.
garbagedesigner
Tasty Tourist

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2010 January 20, 03:12:41 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I just experienced this problem while attempting to move out my legacy family. After several freezes, I finally hand placed the majority of their belongings into the family inventory, and was able to move them into their new home in a matter of seconds. The only problem is that the family inventory is apparently borked now. I can't place the teleporters, and I keep getting the "grab" hand instead of the arrow, so I have to keep restarting the game to get rid of the damn hand.
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: