More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 May 03, 16:37:25

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6513 Members
Latest Member: Linnie
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  John Mole: Seriously Borked?
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: John Mole: Seriously Borked?  (Read 5698 times)
Alex
Malodorous Moron

View Profile
John Mole: Seriously Borked?
« on: 2008 March 21, 21:55:45 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

For some reason, John Mole always gets negative enagement/marriage memories despite the fact he is not a romance sim. He doesn't have a secondary aspiration either. Whenever this happens the whole neighborhood gets screwed, with all kinds of crazy things happening probably leading to BFBVFS. I know many other people have mentioned the same thing happening to them as well. So is there some little mishap somewhere in John Mole's character file, or is he seriously screwed?
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
Re: John Mole: Seriously Borked?
« Reply #1 on: 2008 March 21, 22:05:42 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Try getting the Director's Cut?

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
gynarchy
Lipless Loser

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2008 March 22, 00:35:38 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

My Pleasure/Knowledge Sim got a red engagement memory even with the DC. Her fiance's memory was green and he is a Pleasure Sim as well (no secondary aspiration yet). They both got green memories for marrying rich so I don't know what they would have been had they not both had a lot of monies.

Opera loving chickens. Can't eat them. Can't vote for them. Can't wear them as a hat.
Alex
Malodorous Moron

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2008 March 22, 07:44:30 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Yeah, I've tried different hacks that are supposed to prevent this (not at the same time obviously!) but they have no effect for some reason. Whenever the bad memory happens, the wants for everyone get absolutely screwed and most sims seem to lose them (even rerolling or waiting for them to naturally make a new want tree doesn't seem to bring them back) and some other weird randomness happens as well.
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2008 March 22, 07:46:58 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Not even ftaspfix or the Jeffistani version resolves this?

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
Alex
Malodorous Moron

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2008 March 22, 08:05:33 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Nope, they don't seem to have any effect. He even has a fear of being rejected for engagement and is still getting the negative memory.
claudiasharon
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2008 March 26, 15:59:40 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I had this happen to him a well. But that was before I got the hack that was supposed to prevent this. Later, even with JM's hack, I had another sim who was a finance aspiration sim and they weren't happy with being engaged. I thought it might just be because he wanted to marry a rich sim and 58,000 wasn't rich enough for him.

"Dr Jackson is going to die when he sees this."
"What, again?"
jsalemi
Town Crier
Vacuous Vegetable

In dog we trust, all others pay cash...

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 2008 March 26, 17:21:20 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I had a family sim get engaged to her two-bolt boyfriend last night, and she got the red memory too; her secondary aspiration is fortune, so that may be a common factor.  Her boyfriend is popularity/family, and he got a green memory.

And yes, I have TJs' fix in the game.

Excelsior, you fathead!
I am Canadian.
doren
Corpulent Cretin

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 2008 March 26, 18:06:12 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Since I have to go back in time to a pre-FT state I decided to be very careful when I choose a secondary aspiration. I did not have any marriages/engagements when I had FT installed, but one of the last things (with the TwoJeffs fix in) I noticed was that a former 3-bolt couple was suddenly a low end 2-bolt couple after I gave the husband a secondary popularity aspiration (his wife is knowledge), although the secondary aspiration is not meant to affect the attraction system.
friendlyquark
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 2008 March 27, 16:48:58 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

It may not be meant to , but I have found that it certainly does! In order to get some of my two bolt couples up to three bolts, I have been giving them either the same secondary wants, or their spouses primary want as their secondary one, hasn't failed yet to get the bolts to multiply. So, it is definitely a factor.

John Mole seems to be a problem on every board I am on, buy the way. 
Sagana
Stupid Schlemiel

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 2008 March 29, 23:49:41 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

John got a red memory when he got engaged in my game, so before he married I turned off his secondary aspiration (reset it with the aspiration reward) and he married just fine with a nice green memory. Then I reset his secondary (knowledge) again and he seems fine. Rolls wants for both aspirations, uses the aspiration rewards without a problem, gets 'great week' popups. Probably he'll age up badly or something. I don't have TwoJeffs fix in yet - still playing a test hood.

Unsouper
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: