More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 May 03, 08:51:11

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6513 Members
Latest Member: Linnie
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  Awesomeware
| |-+  The Armory
| | |-+  Programmable Sleep Clock v3.31
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 12 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Programmable Sleep Clock v3.31  (Read 273919 times)
Kyna
Terrible Twerp

An ass with great insight

View Profile
Re: Programmable Sleep Clock v3.3 (01/24/06)
« Reply #75 on: 2006 January 28, 03:27:59 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

LFox, you didn't respond to my query about bathroomusesyou. 

I think sleepclock functionality requires this mod to also be in your game, as sleepclock sends sims with low bladder to the bathroom before they go to bed.  You need to have at least one bathroom in the house configured with the toilet paper so that the sleepclock macro can 'find' the bathroom.

<br />Also, thank god for Google spellcheck. Otherwise, this post would be intelligible. <br />
<br />Declared \\\\\\\"Male\\\\\\\" by Pescado on 8th April, 2009
LFox
Irritating Ignoramus

View Profile
« Reply #76 on: 2006 January 28, 03:59:12 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

LFox, you didn't respond to my query about bathroomusesyou. 

I think sleepclock functionality requires this mod to also be in your game, as sleepclock sends sims with low bladder to the bathroom before they go to bed.  You need to have at least one bathroom in the house configured with the toilet paper so that the sleepclock macro can 'find' the bathroom.

Oh right sorry about that i didn't really say it clearly.  Yes i have the bathroomusesyou installed, i just recently started using it.  Not all houses have it and most of the ones i tested it with don't but i just retested it with a house that has it and the same results.  I don't have it on the seek option though i only have it setup on a large radius so i can tell my sims via macro to go get bathroomed.
RainbowTigress
Sucky Name Person
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #77 on: 2006 January 28, 04:26:33 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

It's not necessary to set a large radius to send sims to the bathroom via macro.  I have some large houses, and it always sends them to the nearest bathroom.  I don't think this has anything to do with your sleepclock issue tho.  Undecided
LFox
Irritating Ignoramus

View Profile
« Reply #78 on: 2006 January 28, 04:31:06 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

It's not necessary to set a large radius to send sims to the bathroom via macro.  I have some large houses, and it always sends them to the nearest bathroom.  I don't think this has anything to do with your sleepclock issue tho.  Undecided

I just use the top radius so it catches everything.  Yes i'm sure it has nothing to do with my issue either.  I bet when we actually figure out the problem it's going to be so STUPID and OBVIOUS.  But at the moment i just don't know what could be wrong.
RainbowTigress
Sucky Name Person
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #79 on: 2006 January 28, 04:34:35 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Can you give us a list of your hacks?  You do have the latest sleep clock, and no duplicates, right?  Sometimes if you use subfolders, dupes can sneak in unintentionally.  Besides JM's and TJ's hacks, what else do you have?

By the way, does this house have diagonal walls or doors?  And are you using Maxis beds or custom ones?
LFox
Irritating Ignoramus

View Profile
« Reply #80 on: 2006 January 28, 04:57:00 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Can you give us a list of your hacks?  You do have the latest sleep clock, and no duplicates, right?  Sometimes if you use subfolders, dupes can sneak in unintentionally.  Besides JM's and TJ's hacks, what else do you have?

By the way, does this house have diagonal walls or doors?  And are you using Maxis beds or custom ones?

It'd be pretty hard to list all the hacks since there's so many of them and i currently don't have a subfolder system.  It's all just straight under downloads but it's not as big a mess as you'd expect since i have very little custom content.  Besides JM's hacks i have a small selection of TJ's and Crammyboys hacks.  Then there are a few other ones that i doubt would interfere because there stuff like Motoki's elder to adult body, syberspunks reverse apologize fix, default replacements ect.

The only hacks that really make me think they "could" cause a problem in some way are these two.  I'm going to try removing the ElderSleepNight and testing again.
ElderSleepNight - i think it's made by Inge
AllInOneNPC - ChristianLov

Yes i have diagonal walls, lots of them.  I don't have ANY diagonal doors and never will as i've heard of the problems they can cause.  I use only maxis beds, some of which have a recolor.

Edit: Taking out ElderSleepNight did nothing.

Heres list of my hacks the rest are all JM, TJ and CBOY, not to mention the default replacements for skins.
Pregdress
Apologizefix
BreakfastAtMidnight
Buyable Maxis Maternity Clothes
Buyable Rewards Collection
Buyable Work and NPC Clothes
Elder Clothing Hide
ElderSleepNight
(Personal Pollination Tech Replace)
Maxis adult clothes for A YA & E
quaxi_nl_censor
Targas_transparent_water
CEP 3.2
AllInOneCooktop
noprivacy_bathroom
TeleporterPaintingPlus
Triangular Blue Border UI Modification
Sleep Nude
No Empty Potty
No Mid Stream Stop
« Last Edit: 2006 January 28, 05:27:08 by LFox » Logged
RainbowTigress
Sucky Name Person
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #81 on: 2006 January 28, 05:32:40 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I've had some problems with diagonal walls also.  One house I could not get it to work in, I had to remove all the diagonal walls and then it worked.  I don't see anything that would look suspicious.  I can't remember if you said you have NL?
LFox
Irritating Ignoramus

View Profile
« Reply #82 on: 2006 January 28, 05:35:13 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I've had some problems with diagonal walls also.  One house I could not get it to work in, I had to remove all the diagonal walls and then it worked.  I don't see anything that would look suspicious.  I can't remember if you said you have NL?

I have the sims 2, University and Night Life.  I said i have a vampire before hehe that shoulda been the tip off.

If it's the diagonal walls stopping it, i can forget it i'm not about to redesign 5+ mansions just for the hack.  It's more of a convience than anything else.
RainbowTigress
Sucky Name Person
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #83 on: 2006 January 28, 05:49:41 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I have the sims 2, University and Night Life.  I said i have a vampire before hehe that shoulda been the tip off.
Sorry, I remember that now, I was just trying to think of everything.
LFox
Irritating Ignoramus

View Profile
« Reply #84 on: 2006 January 28, 05:55:17 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Sorry, I remember that now, I was just trying to think of everything.

Yeah i know, oh well no matter.  If i can't get it working proper i can't get it working proper nothing i can do.
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #85 on: 2006 January 28, 07:07:34 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

If it's the diagonal walls stopping it, i can forget it i'm not about to redesign 5+ mansions just for the hack.  It's more of a convience than anything else.
Diagonal walls can cause massive problems with nearly all aspects of the game. Other signs of diagonal wall related issues include the inability to cook anything, repeated interaction drops from pathfinding failures, and other similar problems. In short, excessive use of diagonal walls is bad.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
LFox
Irritating Ignoramus

View Profile
« Reply #86 on: 2006 January 28, 11:54:39 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Diagonal walls can cause massive problems with nearly all aspects of the game. Other signs of diagonal wall related issues include the inability to cook anything, repeated interaction drops from pathfinding failures, and other similar problems. In short, excessive use of diagonal walls is bad.

Really?  I thought the only real problem was with doors on diagonal walls.  I guess i'll start using them alot less from now on.
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #87 on: 2006 January 28, 14:08:02 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Really?  I thought the only real problem was with doors on diagonal walls.  I guess i'll start using them alot less from now on.
Doors on diagonal walls are many times worse than an ordinary diagonal wall, but even ordinary diagonal walls are not without blame and can cause wonkiness. If you design a house with a diagonal wall, it is highly recommended that nothing of value be placed near the diagonal wall if it can be avoided, and test for any oddities caused by the diagonal wall.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
LFox
Irritating Ignoramus

View Profile
« Reply #88 on: 2006 January 28, 20:09:17 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Doors on diagonal walls are many times worse than an ordinary diagonal wall, but even ordinary diagonal walls are not without blame and can cause wonkiness. If you design a house with a diagonal wall, it is highly recommended that nothing of value be placed near the diagonal wall if it can be avoided, and test for any oddities caused by the diagonal wall.

Alright thanks i'll remember that.
pioupiou
Irritating Ignoramus

View Profile
Re: Programmable Sleep Clock v3.3 (01/29/06)
« Reply #89 on: 2006 January 29, 22:53:40 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Is it possible that the clock conflicts with Inge's reservable bed global patch ?
I only use the clock for elders (so they don't wake up at 2 in the morning), and it works fine for this matter, but they never are called to the bed, even when it's set to max. It's not a big problem but I'd like to know.
Thanks Pioupiou.
LFox
Irritating Ignoramus

View Profile
« Reply #90 on: 2006 January 29, 23:07:30 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Is it possible that the clock conflicts with Inge's reservable bed global patch ?
I only use the clock for elders (so they don't wake up at 2 in the morning), and it works fine for this matter, but they never are called to the bed, even when it's set to max. It's not a big problem but I'd like to know.
Thanks Pioupiou.

I doubt it because i don't use that hack and they still don't get called to bed for me...well except my 1 vampire sim.
jrd
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #91 on: 2006 January 31, 16:59:04 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Since getting the update dated 29-01-06 the clocks stopped functioning: Sims aren't called to bed any longer (and yes, bed-time is on).
Manually sending them to bed using the macro stilll works.
Kyna
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #92 on: 2006 January 31, 18:07:27 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I'm finding they'll go to bed ONLY if their energy is low or if I choose 'go to bed'.  The scheduling for the wakeup time I want isn't calling them to bed anymore.  I have bed time set to on.  I have time warning set to on, but am not getting any warnings.

It's not so bad in the houses where they have expensive beds as they'll usually have full energy by wakeup time, but I've been playing a new hood with several new families who can't afford anything better than the cheap and nasty beds.  They stay up until they're too tired to do anything and then don't gain enough energy from the bed, so they go to work/school half-asleep.  Then they fall into bed as soon as they get home, wake up later that evening, stay up too late again, and keep repeating the cycle - their whole sleep cycle is shot to pieces.

I noticed this starting to happen when I downloaded the MATY posted around the 26th, with the sleepclock that had a different bed class chooser (i.e. select e8 from first menu then select 38 from the second menu).  The sleepclock in the latest MATY (29th), where the bed class has reverted to the old style menu, hasn't fixed this glitch.

<br />Also, thank god for Google spellcheck. Otherwise, this post would be intelligible. <br />
jrd
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #93 on: 2006 January 31, 18:22:07 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Seems like we're both experiencing the same issue.
jsalemi
Town Crier
Vacuous Vegetable

In dog we trust, all others pay cash...

View Profile
« Reply #94 on: 2006 February 01, 02:44:29 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Same here -- i also noticed that they're not being called to bed anymore.  Had one I wasn't paying attention to almost pass out, her energy level got so low...

Excelsior, you fathead!
I am Canadian.
RainbowTigress
Sucky Name Person
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #95 on: 2006 February 01, 05:21:21 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I just noticed this as well in my sorority house.  I can select Go to bed, and the College Rampage sends them to bed, but the sleep clock by itself isn't calling them to bed when they aren't on a rampage.  I don't have diagonal walls or doors in this house.  When I had the problem before with the diagonal walls, even choosing "Go to bed" wouldn't work, so there is something else going on here.  Pescado, please look into this!  I have the latest version from the MATY zip.
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #96 on: 2006 February 01, 06:03:17 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Hmm. Did you actually turn the bed call option on?

RainbowTigress
Sucky Name Person
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #97 on: 2006 February 01, 06:29:20 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Hmm. Did you actually turn the bed call option on?
Yes, it is on.  I double checked, even though this house has been in use for several students.  I just have new students unassign graduated students and reassign the clock to themselves.
Kyna
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #98 on: 2006 February 01, 07:31:53 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Over the past few days since I noticed this, I've checked each sim's sleepclock settings at least 3 times (more in some houses) - each time checking that the warning is turned on, the bed class is correct, the wakeup time is correct, and that call to bed is set to on.

I have been playing a new neighbourhood, with promotions changing the required hour of waking, so have made changes to the wakeup time for just about every sim in the hood.  Also have had toddlers aging into children or sims marrying in to the household, requiring a wakeup time to be set.  I don't know if this setting/resetting the wakeup time is relevant to the glitch, as I haven't tried playing one of my retiree houses in an older hood (where there's no need to change the wakeup time) to see if the problem also exists there.

RainbowTigress
Sucky Name Person
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #99 on: 2006 February 01, 07:50:51 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Kyna, I have been playing with the sleepclock for quite some time now, and I've changed the wake time several times in many houses as you've described, and it's never caused a problem before.  I"m not sure what is going on, but it is frustrating.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 12 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: