More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 May 08, 01:53:43

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540274 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6513 Members
Latest Member: Linnie
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  Help with Uncover all vacation secrets ... grrrrr!!!!
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Help with Uncover all vacation secrets ... grrrrr!!!!  (Read 11032 times)
choppingman
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
Help with Uncover all vacation secrets ... grrrrr!!!!
« on: 2007 December 18, 06:43:46 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Hi all,

Little help please.  I have completed Uncover all vacation secrets but the token is not showing as completed.  Am I missing something (I probably am)?  I have done Bigfoot, The Wise old dude, and the Witch doctor. 42 out of 45.
Just frequest flyer, grass skirt and Uncover all to go ...

Thanks again for the marvelous fixes, MATY community !!!

Emma
Goopy Lover
Dead Member

All Pescados Suck.

View Profile WWW
Re: Help with Uncover all vacation secrets ... grrrrr!!!!
« Reply #1 on: 2007 December 18, 07:23:55 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I'm guessing the grass skirt is the hula dancing. Flyer? Maybe a helicopter trip? I dunno. I don't really give a stuff about unlocking all the secrets as nothing happens when you do. I'll have a look when I go in-game next.

choppingman
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2007 December 18, 07:31:51 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Thanks Emma.  Grass Skirt is the hula dancing.  Nope, done all the tours on all locations.
Emma
Goopy Lover
Dead Member

All Pescados Suck.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: 2007 December 18, 07:43:02 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Can you take screenshots of what you are missing? Try and get the tooltip in too so I can see what it says.

choppingman
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2007 December 18, 08:27:40 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Hope this helps. Will submit more if required.

* screen1.rar (187.79 KB - downloaded 232 times.)
Emma
Goopy Lover
Dead Member

All Pescados Suck.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: 2007 December 18, 09:52:05 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The plane one is 'become a frequent traveller' don't know how many times you have to go on Vacation for that though. The other one is 'uncover all the vacation secrets'. You say you've been to the hidden lots, but do you have all the maps? Have you got the things you get from them in inventory, like the voodoo doll and dragon scroll? I don't think you actually get anything from Bigfoot. Maybe you have to be friends or move him in or something.

Havelock
Lipless Loser

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2007 December 18, 10:15:02 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I don't think you actually get anything from Bigfoot. Maybe you have to be friends or move him in or something.

Bigfoot is the "find a furry Friend" Memento. But its bugged. People are screaming it works only half the time.
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 2007 December 18, 10:30:45 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The plane one is 'become a frequent traveller' don't know how many times you have to go on Vacation for that though.
Frequent Traveller is 5 vacations, IIRC. Some vacation memories are bugged or have slightly odd trigger points, though. For instance, the Fire Dance is bugged: If your sim attends a vacation as an invitee, it is possible for him to learn the fire dance that way, which permanently locks out the ability to gain the vacation tag for it. I believe this bug is fixed in Vacation Fixes, along with a few other Vacation Brokennesses.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
choppingman
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 2007 December 18, 10:47:47 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

thanks guys.  Im fairly certain I have all the maps too.  From reading FAQ's and what ever else I could find.  I am now resigned to the fact I may have to start over with a new Sim and do all the travel again.  Thanks and I will let you know how it goes.
Emma
Goopy Lover
Dead Member

All Pescados Suck.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9 on: 2007 December 18, 10:49:01 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I really and honestly wouldn't worry about doing all the Vacation memories, absolutely nothing happens when you do. It sucks.

J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 2007 December 18, 10:52:02 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I could probably make a fixer to fill in the defective/broken/boring ones.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
Emma
Goopy Lover
Dead Member

All Pescados Suck.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #11 on: 2007 December 18, 10:53:14 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

IMO all of them are boring Cheesy

J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 2007 December 18, 11:19:10 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

IMO all of them are boring Cheesy
Well, clearly vacations are funnier with self-defined goals for everyone. Like Brynne's goal of marking her territory everywhere, and Uglybutt's goal of being an Internatinoal Whaler.

Emma
Goopy Lover
Dead Member

All Pescados Suck.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #13 on: 2007 December 18, 13:02:12 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Vacations are much better if you just let sims do their own thing. Nearly all of my female sims come home pregnant Cheesy

*Emma loves ACR

Zazazu
Fuzzy Pumpkin
Whiny Wussy

Potiron flou

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: 2007 December 18, 16:51:31 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

thanks guys.  Im fairly certain I have all the maps too.  From reading FAQ's and what ever else I could find.  I am now resigned to the fact I may have to start over with a new Sim and do all the travel again.  Thanks and I will let you know how it goes.
So you need:
--5 individual vacations. Go a couple more times. All you need to do is be dropped off, check-in, check-out, and go back home.
--"Uncover secrets". You have the maps. Make sure you go there and get the goods. The voodoo doll, the dragon legend, and bigfoot (see below).
--Befriend Bigfoot. From what I can tell, you have to move the loser in. I couldn't get it to activate otherwise. Befriend him on the lot and propose move-in. He'll be at the home when you get back.

And yeah, you get a big fat nothing from getting all those momentos. The least they could have done is make it permaplat a sim.

Capitalism, Ho!
"Continue to beat it in masturbatory ecstasy if you like, but only Pescado can make it go away." - Lemmiwinks
My Urinal
cenoura
Exasperating Eyesore

Talk to the hand!

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: 2007 December 18, 20:02:11 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Having not played BV I can't give personal experience, but here is what I've found on Snooty Sims: BV Momentos

ISTP
Duchess
sloppyhousewife
Lipless Loser

Plumber Zombie

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: 2007 December 20, 09:38:38 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

--Befriend Bigfoot. From what I can tell, you have to move the loser in. I couldn't get it to activate otherwise. Befriend him on the lot and propose move-in. He'll be at the home when you get back.

No - thank goodness, you don't have to move him in; it's enough to be friends with BF, at least that's how it worked for me two times out of three. A random glitch seems to prevent that from time to time, though, and not even best friends status will trigger the memento. Perhaps then, you can force it with moving BF in, but I didn't try.

"Getting attention here is like awakening Lovecraftian cosmic horrors. Don't do it." - J.M. Pescado

Karen
Malodorous Moron

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: 2007 December 20, 12:27:18 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

This may be a dumb question, but....what exactly can you do with the voodoo doll?  I know how to get it, several of my Sims have one, but it doesn't seem to do anything.  Is there a point to it?

Karen
Emma
Goopy Lover
Dead Member

All Pescados Suck.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #18 on: 2007 December 20, 12:33:14 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

You need to have it in your sim's inventory, then you can click on another sim and the option voodoo... will come up in the pie menu. There are a few things you can do. I won't list them as I can't remember what they are. Tongue

choppingman
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: 2007 December 20, 12:59:21 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

thanks again guys.

Tried again with another Sim (same family - the daughter) and this time 44 OUT OF 45 !!!!!!! GRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR.

ME BIGFOOT - ME ANGRY WITH EAXIS !!!!!!!!!!

Have all maps, voodoo doll, moved that bog hairy ape in to my joint and seen the wise old man for the Dragon Legend thing.  I dont understand what more I have to do to finish the unfinishable expansion.

I have dug up so much crap that i think I have absolutely everything now.

According to Snooty Sims all you have to do is the 3 map challenges ... frustrating bloody game this is Smiley
choppingman
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: 2007 December 22, 12:50:02 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

This problem is now sorted.

3rd Generation of same family ...

To achieve all 45 Vacation items, YOU MUST FIND THE MAPS ON A VACATION LOT ONLY.  Sorry for caps, its more for my benifeit of drilling it into my noggin.  So if you find maps ANYWHERE else, you wont be able to "finish" vacation as such.  Or this is my experience only and i thought I may share it with the fanatics out there Smiley
« Last Edit: 2007 December 23, 01:06:45 by choppingman » Logged
Lady Moiraine
Corpulent Cretin

View Profile WWW
« Reply #21 on: 2007 December 22, 13:28:34 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Now that there is a public version of SimPe, you can also add any vacation momentos that haven't been added by the game.

J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: 2007 December 25, 03:43:36 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

To achieve all 45 Vacation items, YOU MUST FIND THE MAPS ON A VACATION LOT ONLY.  Sorry for caps, its more for my benifeit of drilling it into my noggin.  So if you find maps ANYWHERE else, you wont be able to "finish" vacation as such.  Or this is my experience only and i thought I may share it with the fanatics out there Smiley
Which one refused to satisfy? Because I am certain that there is nothing specific to where maps are found. Some of them are just glitchy, though.

Gwill
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: 2007 December 25, 10:38:18 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

That's not my experience.  I've dug up all maps safely back home before going on vacation, and fulfilled everything just fine.

Dibs on Darth Telligent!
INTJ bordering on P
Want to know where babies come from?
Duchess
sloppyhousewife
Lipless Loser

Plumber Zombie

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: 2007 December 25, 11:36:47 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

That's not my experience, either. I had no problem with getting all mementos with maps from my garden and custom secret lots.

"Getting attention here is like awakening Lovecraftian cosmic horrors. Don't do it." - J.M. Pescado

Pages: [1] 2 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: