More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 May 11, 10:33:48

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540274 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6514 Members
Latest Member: Llama
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  Can anyone bring their sims back from break?
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Can anyone bring their sims back from break?  (Read 10390 times)
kewian
Great White Whale
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
Can anyone bring their sims back from break?
« on: 2006 March 09, 16:38:25 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Or is it just me.  I sent one at a time and when a half hour went the option for them to call them back was not there nor management...both employees.  I ended up overworking one employee the next day because I cant do break.. Im going to try the snapdragons but this break is supposed to work..

sanmonroe
Circus Freak
Lipless Loser

Hates Furries.

View Profile
Re: Can anyone bring their sims back from break?
« Reply #1 on: 2006 March 09, 17:01:25 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

You had no get back to work option? It doesn't say anything like end your break.

If on break the negetivity of telling them to get back to work is almost negated.

Although if low paid and/or very low in needs they will never come back until you send them home for 6 hours or so.

When you do something because of the internet that is wrong.
When you make love to a man in a giraffe outfit.
When you discover you masterbated online to a picture of a relative.

Webcest.
Ruann
Dimwitted Dunce

An overactive male imagination

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: 2006 March 09, 17:04:22 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Are you telling them to "take a break" or "send home for the day"?  "Take a break" means they will go autonomous for one sim hour (according to what I read in the guide) or so and fill their needs up.  When that hour is up, all you need to do is interact with them to break them out of whatever autonomous thing they are doing and they should get back to work.   If you "Send them home" or they leave the lot, they cannot return for 8 sim hours.

You can also just assign them a new task by clicking on them and they should hop to it. 
radiophonic
Lipless Loser

Quirky Liberal Alpha Male

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2006 March 09, 18:20:17 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Right, the only way to get them back to work is to use the "Get back to work" ineractoin. The negative effects are unavoidable.

Instant gratification takes too long.
phyllis_p
Stupid Schlemiel

ISFJ - a tasty phyllis snack?

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2006 March 09, 18:37:16 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

If you reassign them rather than tell them to get back to work, they take it well.  Of course, if you want them to do what they were doing before break, you'll have to reassign them twice.

Phyllis

Vita brevis, Ars longa.                

"And so goest thy butthurt n00bs whosoever cannot have accolades and benes heaped upon them, as in the manner of vomit from a sorority girl, to which they are accustomed." lemmiwinks 1:1
Gus Smedstad
Lipless Loser

Dabbler

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2006 March 09, 21:03:16 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I've come to the conclusion that it's not cost-effective to send employees on breaks.  It takes a long time for them to get happy again, and when they do go back to work, they become unhappy almost immediately.  I've had better results just telling them to go home when they start getting unhappy.

- Gus

Fine, I can see why people hate the Sims 3 sigs.
sanmonroe
Circus Freak
Lipless Loser

Hates Furries.

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2006 March 09, 22:36:01 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

With the combination of snapdragons,the sleep on comm lots hacks, and a breakroom with nice beds, breaks work well. Otherwise they are worthless.

Webcest.
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 2006 March 09, 22:39:09 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Taking a break has no real effect because they just mill around in confusion and then refuse to get back to work, they don't actually *DO* anything to resolve their break. A controller is currently in the works to tell them to actually address their issues when sent on a break.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
sanmonroe
Circus Freak
Lipless Loser

Hates Furries.

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 2006 March 09, 22:41:59 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I work my employees until they are red even completely surrounded by snapdragons. They head straight to bed!

Depending on the shop and if its run by one of my typical sims, they may get a nooner for their break as well.

Webcest.
Ancient Sim
Dead Member

Back from the dead ...

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9 on: 2006 March 09, 23:04:45 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The first one I sent on break spent the entire time talking to the shop-owner (well, she basically zoomed-in on him telling him jokes), the second just stood there as if he had no idea what to do and eventually went to use the toilet, the third hovered around the piano the entire time (a customer was playing it) and then wouldn't go back to work so I sent her home and the fourth chatted to some customers, then went back to making bouquets of his own accord, even though he was still in the yellow (so I sent him home anyway).  The first three were teens and the fourth was a adult.  In all cases, there was food readily available, but none of them attempted to eat it.  Ideally, I'd have two employees for each job and bring in the second lot when the first lot were tired (and sent home, no breaks), but the game insists on you calling in ALL staff.  I'd love a mod for this, because sometimes I don't want to call in all staff, I may just want one or two members, depending on whether or not I want the shop-owner to do some of the work.

I also find the hours confusing.  All the employees are shown as working 9-5, yet apart from one they've all continued to work after those hours.  Maybe they're being paid overtime?

Some favourite Sim thingies:  Film:  Lord of the Sims; Song: Losing My Sim by SIM; Book: Interview With the Sim by Sim Rice; Smell: Fried Simions; Colour: Simple.
speedreader
Corpulent Cretin

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 2006 March 09, 23:06:36 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Taking a break has no real effect because they just mill around in confusion and then refuse to get back to work, they don't actually *DO* anything to resolve their break. A controller is currently in the works to tell them to actually address their issues when sent on a break.

As usual, you are on top of the most ridiculous of Maxis lack of forethought.  Thank you JMP!  All our shop owners thank you as well  Smiley
Lion
Knuckleheaded Knob

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 2006 March 09, 23:07:04 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

With the combination of snapdragons,the sleep on comm lots hacks, and a breakroom with nice beds, breaks work well. Otherwise they are worthless.

Which sleep on comm lots do you use? I found one by Echo at MTS2, and also one on www.djssims.com. I used both (not at the same time), but so far, I haven't found anyone to sleep autonomously.

Sims 3 Blog: Twinbrook Redux
syberspunk
Heretic
Terrible Twerp

ISTJ - what a crazy random happenstance

View Profile WWW
« Reply #12 on: 2006 March 09, 23:13:48 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Which sleep on comm lots do you use? I found one by Echo at MTS2, and also one on www.djssims.com. I used both (not at the same time), but so far, I haven't found anyone to sleep autonomously.

Theoretically they should both work together. Do you have echo's latest version? He updated to in order to raise the sleeping thresholds. What happens is, energy normally needs to drop to about -90 in order for sims to choose to autonomously sleep. But on community lots, sims will want to leave if the energy drops below -60. Tongue So, echo updated his mod so the threshold was raised to -40. At least that's what I got from reading that thread. *shrugs* I haven't tried it out myself, but if you have an older version, you should get the 3/7/06 update.

Ste

Lion
Knuckleheaded Knob

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 2006 March 09, 23:19:59 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Ideally, I'd have two employees for each job and bring in the second lot when the first lot were tired (and sent home, no breaks), but the game insists on you calling in ALL staff.  I'd love a mod for this, because sometimes I don't want to call in all staff, I may just want one or two members, depending on whether or not I want the shop-owner to do some of the work.

I also find the hours confusing.  All the employees are shown as working 9-5, yet apart from one they've all continued to work after those hours.  Maybe they're being paid overtime?

I second this request because I like to use two shifts too, so I actually hope that the first shift workers would say "I'm too tired", because I need to use them the shift after  Grin l The problem, though, is if you have a sim to visit that comm lot, two workers would fight to work on the same thing. I visited Cafe Petite owned by the bakery lady, and two cashiers "dance around" each other over the register the whole time!

And Syberspunk, I think I have the updated version, I guess I will wait more and see. They don't sleep if they work on a home business, do they? I'm trying to run a hotel business, both at home business and comm business, so far, nobody stayed long enough to sleep  Grin

sanmonroe
Circus Freak
Lipless Loser

Hates Furries.

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: 2006 March 09, 23:48:48 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

MTS2_248548_Echo_echo_community_sleep

Webcest.
akatonbo
Lipless Loser

a red dragonfly

View Profile WWW
« Reply #15 on: 2006 March 09, 23:51:09 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I second this request because I like to use two shifts too, so I actually hope that the first shift workers would say "I'm too tired", because I need to use them the shift after  Grin l The problem, though, is if you have a sim to visit that comm lot, two workers would fight to work on the same thing. I visited Cafe Petite owned by the bakery lady, and two cashiers "dance around" each other over the register the whole time!

Have you tried putting in a second register?

Troubleshooting info: all EPs and SPs, most hacks Awesome but some not, no inTeen.
Lion
Knuckleheaded Knob

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: 2006 March 09, 23:57:53 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

hmmm, that can be a solution, no, I didn't. It doesn't look good for a tiny Cafe Petite  Tongue

kewian
Great White Whale
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: 2006 March 10, 00:56:19 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

ok...i cant find the snapdragons.  Ive given up on the break things...yall are right..it does no good.  just wait until they are mad and send them home.  I have had 3 people quit on me.

veilchen
Terrible Twerp

We are the ADS! Bow to us!!

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: 2006 March 10, 02:36:26 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Well Kewian, I don't know exactly what you mean when you say that you are not finding the snapdragons. If you just misplaced yours, nevermind this post, otherwise you have to make them yourself. They are the gold badge item in the floral arrangement station.

~Having the last word is not all it's cracked up to be.~
~All we have to do is remove those who oppose us.~ (Saruman, LotR)
~Wir sind die Roboter~ http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R23e9VO_vOI&feature=related
kewian
Great White Whale
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: 2006 March 10, 04:45:43 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I didnt realize that.  Duh...makes sense now. thanks....

radiophonic
Lipless Loser

Quirky Liberal Alpha Male

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: 2006 March 10, 07:53:00 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I've found that calling them over to the break room has some effect on making them taking a proper break. You can lock them in the room if necessary. Wink

What we need are vending machines and pay espresso machines so we can make some extra cash off of them when they're on break. Wink

Maybe we need a break room uses you? lol

Instant gratification takes too long.
jeffreyc
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: 2006 March 10, 08:36:09 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

YES! The master is fixing things for the better yet again!  Grin I was just looking around for a hack to make their mood decay slower and here I find a design flaw fix  Smiley
flowerchile
Bonghit Jones
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: 2006 March 10, 10:43:06 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I sent my employees on a break today and they returned by themselves.  On the previous day they had no breaks but helped themselves to food and went to the toilet as needed and then went straight back to work.   Wink

I went outside once...the graphics were shit.
Sagana
Stupid Schlemiel

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: 2006 March 10, 11:13:41 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Theoretically they should both work together.

I believe Echo said on his thread that they *don't* work together, although there is a fairly simple fix to make them if you want and can do a bit of that kind of thing. (I can't... that's just what I understood from the thread).

Unsouper
Viscountess
Batelle
Horrible Halfwit

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: 2006 March 10, 15:34:49 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I sent an employee to break and they disappeared from the lot.

This same employee is a co-manager at a community lot store and he never comes in.  When the lot owner or her husband call in the employees, and it doesn't matter at what time of day it is or how long I know he hasn't been there, he always gives the pop-up for "I'm too tired to come in".

I like having him run the place when the sim owner is not there, but I would like to have him around because he has a Gold Badge in register and without him, she only has one other employee.
Pages: [1] 2 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: