More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 May 11, 22:53:28

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540274 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6514 Members
Latest Member: Llama
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  Why sell cheap stuffs if you can sell plasma TV's and Expensive hot tubs?
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Why sell cheap stuffs if you can sell plasma TV's and Expensive hot tubs?  (Read 16440 times)
Sagana
Stupid Schlemiel

View Profile
Re: Why sell cheap stuffs if you can sell plasma TV's and Expensive hot tubs?
« Reply #25 on: 2006 March 08, 11:59:48 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Why sell boring tvs and hot tubs and waste your time trying to max out money in a game that already gives you too much money when you can create poor hippie kids and have them sell glowing crystals and incense out of their home never earning more than just enough to live on while they raise (and ignore) their tribe of free love kiddos (who all tend to want to grow up and become business peoples)?

Unsouper
miramis
Juvenile Jackass

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: 2006 March 08, 12:47:56 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

There is a perk that helps all your sales interactions go more smoothly, I forget what it's called but it's in the second column from the left.
LordHellscream
Corpulent Cretin

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: 2006 March 08, 13:03:53 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

There is a perk that helps all your sales interactions go more smoothly, I forget what it's called but it's in the second column from the left.
i think thats the 4th level perception perk, it gives 30% to the effectiveness of your sales interaction, but its only for your business owner, and if you hire npc sales to do your selling (like i do) then its worthless
Motoki
Lord of the Nannies
Uncouth Undesirable

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: 2006 March 08, 13:53:21 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Does that actually work for you? I gave up getting any employees, except the manager who I control, to sell. They are stupid and useless and keep doing the wrong things even if I max at their pay and they have a gold sales badge.  Angry

In communist China Peggy's hairs cut you!
LordHellscream
Corpulent Cretin

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: 2006 March 08, 14:12:48 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

npc employees are pretty good, at least the 2 i hired are doing fine.
the only and pretty serious problem they have is that they use "Sell at cheap" etc alot which really screw up my profit margin. (no sell cheap hack possible ? Grin Grin Grin)
and i would also be much happier if they can spend more time on the customers who are buying more expensive stuffs, right now they just pick a random customer and do sales action, which isnt that bad once your buisness is on track.
Hopefully Pescado can make some kind of "efficient sales hack"
Overall I think you should have at least one npc, and you can have your own sim help to do it more efficiently
but the whole point of a successful business should be that it can run autonomously without much of your interference and still generate a good profits, and to do that you have to have npc sales.
Motoki
Lord of the Nannies
Uncouth Undesirable

View Profile
« Reply #30 on: 2006 March 08, 14:28:28 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I agree, they aren't very smart. They seem to pick the customers they chose, the sales pitches they use and the items they show them quite at random.

On the other hand, it's a pain in the butt for me to manually sell all the time. A lot of repetitive clicking. Did macrotastics add a sell macro yet? I have the newest version from today but have not had a chance to test it yet.

miramis
Juvenile Jackass

View Profile
« Reply #31 on: 2006 March 08, 14:55:27 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The employee sellers work best when in a room of SnapDragons (not the ones that emit green gas though), the buyers are more responsive too.  I think every shop I have will be using those flowers near the registers and workbenches.  Once you have a functioning Flowershop Community business with Snapdragons for sale, you can send your other sims to that lot and buy them for their own businesses so they don't all need to be expert flower arrangers.  I love this EP Smiley
sanmonroe
Circus Freak
Lipless Loser

Hates Furries.

View Profile
« Reply #32 on: 2006 March 08, 18:25:49 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

i think thats the 4th level perception perk, it gives 30% to the effectiveness of your sales interaction, but its only for your business owner, and if you hire npc sales to do your selling (like i do) then its worthless

If you have the skill/perk and want an NPC to have it, you can promote them to manager, and then pass on the skill.

When you do something because of the internet that is wrong.
When you make love to a man in a giraffe outfit.
When you discover you masterbated online to a picture of a relative.

Webcest.
lefty
Blathering Buffoon

Objecti- GAH!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #33 on: 2006 March 08, 18:34:36 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

If you have the skill/perk and want an NPC to have it, you can promote them to manager, and then pass on the skill.

Sorry about off topic, but I have a quick question, are you able to pass on your skills more than once (to various sims)?

Gosh.
Karen
Malodorous Moron

View Profile
« Reply #34 on: 2006 March 08, 18:37:21 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I agree, it's a pain to micromanage the selling all the time.  My question is, how do you get NPC employees to sell at all?  I have only been able to get them to be cashier, restock, or craft items.  There doesn't seem to be an option to assign employees to sales, or a way to click on them and tell them to sell.  Or am I missing something?  My businesses are mostly at level 1, so maybe this is an option that gets unlocked at a higher level.

Karen
Gus Smedstad
Lipless Loser

Dabbler

View Profile
« Reply #35 on: 2006 March 08, 19:16:59 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

It's a dialog option.  You click on the target sim, and choose Management / Assign / Sales. I'm pretty sure that's the dialog tree.

- Gus

Fine, I can see why people hate the Sims 3 sigs.
Karen
Malodorous Moron

View Profile
« Reply #36 on: 2006 March 08, 19:37:12 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

It's a dialog option.  You click on the target sim, and choose Management / Assign / Sales. I'm pretty sure that's the dialog tree.

- Gus

Then it must be at a higher level, because I've never seen it.
sanmonroe
Circus Freak
Lipless Loser

Hates Furries.

View Profile
« Reply #37 on: 2006 March 08, 19:50:58 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Sorry about off topic, but I have a quick question, are you able to pass on your skills more than once (to various sims)?

I am sure you can. I haven't tried it though. You may have to relearn the perk though. I think it actually passes the perk on. But any of those ltw=5 high rated business sims have plenty of spare points (30 to be specific).

When you do something because of the internet that is wrong.
When you make love to a man in a giraffe outfit.
When you discover you masterbated online to a picture of a relative.

Webcest.
Gus Smedstad
Lipless Loser

Dabbler

View Profile
« Reply #38 on: 2006 March 08, 19:52:09 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

It's not level dependent.  It was one of the first things I did after opening a business.  In retrospect, it was a mistake, because my saleswoman kept using inappropriate sales pitches that got negative reactions.  In one case, over and over until the customer had -3 loyalty.  I almost never get a bad reaction when doing it myself, and I know enough not to try something that already failed once.

- Gus

Fine, I can see why people hate the Sims 3 sigs.
cyperangel
Garrulous Gimp

Lipless expert in stupid questions

View Profile
« Reply #39 on: 2006 March 08, 19:58:29 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I am sure you can. I haven't tried it though. You may have to relearn the perk though. I think it actually passes the perk on. But any of those ltw=5 high rated business sims have plenty of spare points (30 to be specific).

Passing on the perk does not remove it from the sim that passes it on, so yes, you could in theory pass it from the mother to 7 children if you want to, and have the patience, cause passing on a perk takes nigh on forever....

LK: I think the closest thing to a "soft heart" you'll find in JM's possession is the one he ripped out of some hapless fool's chest.
If you google "More Awesome Than You" - you'll find it. Please read the FAQs carefully before posting - their motto is MOAR FIGHT!They are not a snuggly bunc
Motoki
Lord of the Nannies
Uncouth Undesirable

View Profile
« Reply #40 on: 2006 March 08, 20:00:42 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

It's might be worth if for servos and maybe vamps and zombies if you can tolerate running a business with one of them, but I don't think it's worth it for kids imo. It's a lot faster just to have them open the business themselves. I suppose it might be faster for servos too but at least if I spend all the time on them they're not going to croak after I wasted a 3rd of their life passing on perks. :p

Process Denied
Juvenile Jackass

View Profile
« Reply #41 on: 2006 March 08, 20:40:34 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I started out with a flower shop and decided to add a garden section to it.  Now that the owner and two other adults are all gold in sales I go from one fountain-statue to the next (they are all arranged from most expensive to less expensive)and will sell every one of them.  The average sales are about $20K now.  I sold all the little flowers-kept the ones I like cause I want my sims to by them for there houses.  But for townies and NPC's  all expensive items.  I added toys cause the townie she married has a gold in toy making--not a good money maker but I want my sims to have them.  All it takes is Hard sell,basic sale, and dazzle(the clincher)and they will buy anything.  I try to have the sim that already has a relationship with the customer or is attracted to them--seems to help if they are attracted--must be cause the relationship accelerates quicker.  They got business of the year the third session--that really helps.  It's cute--everyone(including the customers)that walk past it will nod in approval--too cute.  I had to build A LOT(home business)so it took a while to go green--they are about $50K in the green.
LFox
Irritating Ignoramus

View Profile
« Reply #42 on: 2006 March 08, 20:55:08 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Passing on perks can be quick and simple or hellish, i know because i did it for the daughter of one of my sims.  There also doesn't seem to be any kind of limit since i tried briefly the pass on when she was still a teenager.  The annoying part is that you are passing on only a single perk each time not the entire chain as you'd expect for a 24+ hour job.  To do it simple and probably cheating tell your sim to start the training, disable it and reenable it.  It will boost the bar by a decent amount.  Repeat this over and over and your sim will learn the perk in a couple hours.

Now call me a cheat but i found this way and used it to pass on 7 out of 8 of my skills.  I also will continue to use it as i seriously dislike the time frame.  Seriously 24 hours is WAY too much to learn a single perk.  Especially if you want to do it for multiple sims.
Karen
Malodorous Moron

View Profile
« Reply #43 on: 2006 March 08, 21:16:42 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

It's not level dependent.  It was one of the first things I did after opening a business.

Can somebody with a Prima Guide shed any light on this?  What triggers the Management...Assign...Sales?  I have seen Assign...Cashier, Assign...Stylist, but never Assign...Sales.  Do I have to have a particular object on the lot in order for this to work?

Karen
Motoki
Lord of the Nannies
Uncouth Undesirable

View Profile
« Reply #44 on: 2006 March 08, 21:48:58 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

It should just be there. As long as you have at least one employee, you should have that option. I always have. They don't even need to have any sales badges either, though I wouldn't reccomend sending them to autonomously do it if they don't.

Karen
Malodorous Moron

View Profile
« Reply #45 on: 2006 March 08, 21:51:50 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Weird.  Maybe I have a hack conflict somewhere....

EDIT:  I went into one of my business lots with testingcheatsenabled turned on.  I got an error just about every time my Sim tried to click on a customer.  Error log is attached.  I don't know how to read these things, can anybody help?

Karen

[404'ed!]
« Last Edit: 2006 March 09, 01:11:44 by karen » Logged
Karen
Malodorous Moron

View Profile
« Reply #46 on: 2006 March 09, 13:49:51 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I figured out what was causing my problem.  I narrowed it down to a hack called "lovepotiondisappearfix", which was originally intended to fix the NL bug where buying a love potion from the gypsy caused the active Sim to disappear.  With this hack installed, most of the Sales... and Management... options are not displayed.  Without it, everything seems normal, and I am finally able to see the options I've been hearing about, like telling employees to take a break, or assigning employees to sell.

Karen
Pages: 1 [2] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: