More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 May 12, 00:42:27

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540274 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6514 Members
Latest Member: Llama
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  Why sell cheap stuffs if you can sell plasma TV's and Expensive hot tubs?
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Why sell cheap stuffs if you can sell plasma TV's and Expensive hot tubs?  (Read 16440 times)
LordHellscream
Corpulent Cretin

View Profile
Why sell cheap stuffs if you can sell plasma TV's and Expensive hot tubs?
« on: 2006 March 07, 19:29:14 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

It seems like when your business ranking gets higher and you get more loyal customers, it will be just as easy to sell a plasma tv (11000 simoleon at regular price tag) as selling a book on a shelf (69 simoleons)
So say, why would anyone who wanna make big $ open a food/flower store and not a Plasma tv store or hot tub store?

My community business lot generated 230k in ONE session (the session was about 30 hours or so) and i was mainly selling computers (the expensive one), and a few plasma tv, im curious what kind of money ill make if i only sell plasma tv or hot tubs.
FYI, the business ranking is 10, 5 employees (gold sales x 2, silver restockerx1, gold registerx1, and a manager who i assigned to be register) my own family (1 human and 2 servos) helped but the whole thing was relatively autonomous
the snapdragon really helped tho, i place those all over the place to keep my customers and employees in better mood (only one or two in one spot so energy wont drain too fast)
Motoki
Lord of the Nannies
Uncouth Undesirable

View Profile
Re: Why sell cheap stuffs if you can sell plasma TV's and Expensive hot tubs?
« Reply #1 on: 2006 March 07, 19:30:29 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

There really is no reason other than to get your rank up fast. Once you've reach 10, there's absolutely no point.

Kind of lame if you ask me, but that's the way the game is set up. *shrug*

In communist China Peggy's hairs cut you!
LordHellscream
Corpulent Cretin

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2006 March 07, 19:37:18 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Yea it is pretty unrealistic, cuz in rl, shops like wal-mart or mcdonalds that sells alot of cheap things makes more money than say any car-dealership.

Can anyone with a prima guide tell me whats the exact formula to determine if a Dazzle interaction succeed or fail?
It looks like there is something to do with business ranking, cuz when i first got gold sales at my home business i used it on customers and failed a LOT. so i was afraid to use it and now i tried again on my level 10 electronic store and i succeed everytime except once and i checked using mind-control mirror, the customer was in a negative mood.
Motoki
Lord of the Nannies
Uncouth Undesirable

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2006 March 07, 19:41:06 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

IIRC, business rank has no effect and I've in fact used it successfully with a low rank.

I believe having some relationship with the sim helps, and the sim's personality may make a difference as well as your sim's mood. I'm at work but if no one else beats me to it, I check when I get home and tell you exactly what it says.

LordHellscream
Corpulent Cretin

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2006 March 07, 19:47:32 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

im not saying i didnt succeed at low ranking, but i didnt succeed very often, but it almost always work now
and i dont have any kind of relationship with most of my customers if at all.
and the only time i failed the customer had like 30 daily with me (compare to 0 daily of most others)
Motoki
Lord of the Nannies
Uncouth Undesirable

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2006 March 07, 19:49:06 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Well I'm going off of memory here mind you, but I'm pretty sure I don't remember the guide saying anything about the business rank effecting the chances of dazzle's success.

If someone else has access to the book right now please feel free to confirm or correct this.

LordHellscream
Corpulent Cretin

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2006 March 07, 19:49:58 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

then may be it has something to do with customer loyalty?
Pegasys
Horrible Halfwit

I'm just going to Gussy Up

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: 2006 March 07, 19:53:35 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Dazzle's success depends upon mood of customer, relationship of customer to salesman, and personality of customer (more outgoing, more likely to succeed).

Business Rank effect customer traffic and of course, perks available.

Dazzle works well (only available with Gold Sales) but does take a hit on the energy of the salesperson. I'd only use it for big ticket items and/or if an Energizer is nearby. 

Check out my Sims 2 movies!

OFB version of Sims2DB now available. The database for OCD simmers like me.
Motoki
Lord of the Nannies
Uncouth Undesirable

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 2006 March 07, 20:00:08 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

So basically, an assess before a dazzle is useful. Schmoozing the customers so you get some sort of relationship is useful. You could also use the glasses to get the relationship up even more and/or the perk that boosts initial relationships. I'm not sure how to tell who is outgoing unless they get naked in a hot tub or are a known house barger in the neighborhood. Wink

LordHellscream
Corpulent Cretin

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 2006 March 07, 20:02:24 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

AHHHHH the mood!!!!!!!!!
that must be it!!! the snapdragon strikes again! LOL
those magic flowers keeps the customers happy and that is why my dazzle succeed more often than my home business (with no snapdragon)

Snapdragons are.. way too good.

Conclusion: flower-arranging is THE first talent you should learn for any successful business

Motoki
Lord of the Nannies
Uncouth Undesirable

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 2006 March 07, 20:11:30 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Or hire an employee with a gold badge to make some. Wink

If you don't have snapdragons and don't have access, then I can at least say you should watch out for making sales pitches to pregnant sims. Their needs go down really fast and their mood along with it. :O

cyperangel
Garrulous Gimp

Lipless expert in stupid questions

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 2006 March 07, 20:15:52 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

the snapdragon really helped tho, i place those all over the place to keep my customers and employees in better mood (only one or two in one spot so energy wont drain too fast)

I know this is off on a tangent, but does the snapdragon deplete energy when it boosts the other moods?

LK: I think the closest thing to a "soft heart" you'll find in JM's possession is the one he ripped out of some hapless fool's chest.
If you google "More Awesome Than You" - you'll find it. Please read the FAQs carefully before posting - their motto is MOAR FIGHT!They are not a snuggly bunc
sanmonroe
Circus Freak
Lipless Loser

Hates Furries.

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 2006 March 07, 20:22:49 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I know this is off on a tangent, but does the snapdragon deplete energy when it boosts the other moods?

No, it doesn't replenish but does slow energy depletion.

So having a lot full of snapdragons you can easily get 24 hour shifts out of your employees before neding a rest.

They are silly overpowered.

When you do something because of the internet that is wrong.
When you make love to a man in a giraffe outfit.
When you discover you masterbated online to a picture of a relative.

Webcest.
Motoki
Lord of the Nannies
Uncouth Undesirable

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 2006 March 07, 20:23:43 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Haha, but the evil stinky snapdragon does the reverse and drains needs as well as omitting a foul odor.  Grin

LFox
Irritating Ignoramus

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: 2006 March 07, 21:26:12 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Dazzle only ever works for me on customers with 3 loyalty rating or higher.  It works on customers with 2 IF they are very good mood, i always ignore the relationship with the sims.

I got a few customers on 5 ranking, when they walk in i show them plasma tvs over and over and dazzle them.  I can rake up some big dollars that way.
LordHellscream
Corpulent Cretin

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: 2006 March 08, 00:02:49 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Rally Forth is overpowered! My servo got it (from home business that he owns, but can be used anywhere)
since servo only has 3 needs, and rally forth  does NOT drain power (does drain energy but NOT power), i went to my community business with him only and kept rally forth rally forth rally forth in where my employees are, and then find someone to play kicky balls to quickly replenish social and use macro-kick stuffs to fix fun, i keep doing for like 4 whole days now and all my employees are green mood. i only need to stop once for a looooong time to recharge under the sun (its quick)
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: 2006 March 08, 00:10:08 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Heheh, count on us to find all the abusive loopholes.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
Jysudo
Nitwitted Nuisance

Super Shooter

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: 2006 March 08, 01:01:13 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Well, you can start selling ridiculously expensive bathtubs and whateverelse once you reached a certain level of sucess with ur business...

You cannot do that if you are starting out and no cheating. 'cos the capital cost for those expensive stuff is high and not to mention you need a certain shop size to accomdate all the items.

Selling hot tubs is waay too cool. I put the item off sale after business hours got those silly romantics to woo hoo in it like crazy and sell the bathub (ahem, used bathtub) off at $11,700 and more next day and no one is none the wiser or wider Tongue

Life is waay too good in the Sims. If real life is like that, no more slogging!  Cheesy

Go Away
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: 2006 March 08, 01:08:58 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

"Depreciation" also has no effect on your item's sale cost. Neither does being broken or dirty. I have a store for selling used cars, "Honest John's Used Autos", right across the street from a store for selling used terlets, "Honest Otto's Used Johns".

Business rank means nothing, also. The important factor to selling anything is having a gold sales badge. Dazzle can sell ice to Eskimos. No matter how ridiculously expensive it is, or how USELESS it is, Dazzle can sell it. Even a puddle of piss can be sold.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
Jysudo
Nitwitted Nuisance

Super Shooter

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: 2006 March 08, 01:31:52 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

If deprecation means nothing...

But does decoration helps? I mean having those huge ninjas statues, do they actually count towards something towards customer preference to purchase?

Dazzle doesn't always work. When it doesn't, the whinny customer get a dark cloud exploding over his head.

Go Away
Zoltan
Retarded Reprobate

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: 2006 March 08, 01:58:34 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The Big Ninja by Big Yard Dudes, Inc.

price: 5,500

need effects: fun 3 (view)   environment 10

need max: fun up to 95 (view)

from the guide
LordHellscream
Corpulent Cretin

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: 2006 March 08, 07:47:45 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Business rank means nothing

correct me if im wrong, but it seems like the buy bars goes up on its own and the higher your business rank the fast it climbs (on its own) sometimes my customers buy plasma tv without my sales employee helping at all (they were too buy helping other customers)
also I noticed that hard sell doesn't decrease customer loyalty but increases it. and it adds a large amount to the buy bar , not as much as dazzle does but it doesnt drain energy
sanmonroe
Circus Freak
Lipless Loser

Hates Furries.

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: 2006 March 08, 09:57:19 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Manipulate lowers loyalty. hard sell doesn't if it works.

If it fails you get a nice hit to daily and should get a loyalty hit.

And rank DOES play a role. There are more suckers to buy your crap.

Anyway, with a gold sales badge, Max outgoing, high nice, and snapdragons around, you can pretty much spam sell plasma TVs at 10k+ as fast as you can restock them. Its like using a cheat for money if you are a SLLLLLOOOOWWW typist. One dazzle will complete the sale, then invite them to look at the one next to it, dazzle, repeat....

When you do something because of the internet that is wrong.
When you make love to a man in a giraffe outfit.
When you discover you masterbated online to a picture of a relative.

Webcest.
Emma
Goopy Lover
Dead Member

All Pescados Suck.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #23 on: 2006 March 08, 10:23:18 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I have a store for selling used cars, "Honest John's Used Autos", right across the street from a store for selling used terlets, "Honest Otto's Used Johns".

I want to know which is the most successful business! Cheesy

J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: 2006 March 08, 11:45:34 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

And rank DOES play a role. There are more suckers to buy your crap.
Yes and no. More suckers to buy your crap is not really an issue because you can keep peddling crap to the same sucker. More suckers, after a very early point, will simply saturate your sales bandwidth. When your prices are all "Ridiculously Expensive", you will probably not get a sale unless a salesperson manipulates the customer into buying it. Therefore, having more customers than salespeople by a significant margin simply doesn't help.

Pages: [1] 2 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: