More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 May 11, 17:07:43

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540274 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6514 Members
Latest Member: Llama
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  OFB sold items in Inventory? WHAT THE?
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: OFB sold items in Inventory? WHAT THE?  (Read 17038 times)
maxon
Obtuse Oaf

Unrepentant Inteenimator User - Kitten Killer.

View Profile
Re: OFB sold items in Inventory? WHAT THE?
« Reply #25 on: 2006 March 07, 13:48:21 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I suppose one answer is to keep your playable sims very short of ready cash! 

That might not even work it would need testing but i suspect they would go into minus.  Unless Maxis set it up so when a sim doesn't have the cash to buy stuff they "just browse".

Dammit - my sims are always very short of cash.  I like them that way.  If this EP screws up my carefully balanced sim financial management system, I'm going to be very annoyed.  I've not installed OFB yet - it's sitting there on the shelf, all orange and stuff.

Inteen for AL, yay!
ZephyrZodiac
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: 2006 March 07, 19:32:30 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Well, unless I can sort out the bugs, it's not staying taking up computer space for much longer!  Has ANYONE found out how to  cook stuff and get it into the inventory, and then to be able to restock afterwards?  the only way I can get meals into the inventory is to follow the cook around and grab all the plates, put them in the inventory and then, if I tell her to restock, it says there aren't any crafted items in the inventory.  Lilith has bought a cafe, not a florists - she wants take away meals!  I think she's just going to have a coffee bar and have done with it.....And when stuff breaks, you can't call a repairman from a community lot, so you have to take the broken objects home in the inventory!

Zephyr Zodiac
Sandilou
Knuckleheaded Knob

SL Diva or TS2 Drama Queen? Uh...both!

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: 2006 March 08, 05:39:21 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

ZZ do you mean custom content food? Standard Maxis meals go into the inventory of the owner of the business.  So if Daniel owned the business, all Lilleth's cooked meals would be in his inventory. This happens automatically.  If it isn't happening then something's wrong. 

happy now :-)
simmiecal
Dead Member

No kittens within five miles of my house! :)

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: 2006 March 08, 07:00:32 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

ZZ do you mean custom content food? Standard Maxis meals go into the inventory of the owner of the business.  So if Daniel owned the business, all Lilleth's cooked meals would be in his inventory. This happens automatically.  If it isn't happening then something's wrong. 

I am trying to have a home business for Brandi Broke. She came with 8 cooking skill points so I thought she could start an at-home bakery. I have the open/close sign, I have a cash register, I have one of those food display cases with food in it that Brandi "made many" with - took out of inventory and put in the case. The customers show up and then NOTHING. There are no "sales" socials. I get no clickable options on the food display case. How do you sell the stuff? I had Dustin standing at the cash register for hours.  And of course, my preordered Prima Guide still hasn't shown up....^$#^% preorder from Gamespot.
Havelock
Lipless Loser

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: 2006 March 08, 07:58:29 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Have you registered your business on telephone or computer ?
simmiecal
Dead Member

No kittens within five miles of my house! :)

View Profile
« Reply #30 on: 2006 March 08, 08:03:21 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Have you registered your business on telephone or computer ?

Yeah. Couldn't figure out why the open/closed sign wasn't working and then one of those game tips mentioned registering by phone. After I did that, I could open the business and customers showed up. Couldn't sell them anything.
ZephyrZodiac
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #31 on: 2006 March 08, 08:18:34 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Lilith lives with the Oldies, and it's actually her business.  But I found that an  employee could make the meals and they would appear in the inventory.  However, until I reinstalled I wasn't getting the option.   Now I get all the management options, but the Burbs are screwed up!

Zephyr Zodiac
cheriem
Horrible Halfwit

View Profile
« Reply #32 on: 2006 March 08, 09:22:01 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I don't get any of the management options.  Does this mean I have to reinstall? Angry

LFox
Irritating Ignoramus

View Profile
« Reply #33 on: 2006 March 08, 09:51:05 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I don't get any of the management options.  Does this mean I have to reinstall? Angry

If your sure you got no hack conflicts then you probably need to reinstall.

Can anyone tell me how to get only 2 out of 4 sims to the community lot business?  Everytime i try, i either only get 1 sim or all of them.  I tried putting the two i want in their car and saying drive to community lot then select multiple sims but it drags everyone along.  And when i select just (sim name) it only takes that sim along.

Edit:  Hmm seems the taxi works fine but drivable cars do not.
« Last Edit: 2006 March 08, 09:58:20 by LFox » Logged
sanmonroe
Circus Freak
Lipless Loser

Hates Furries.

View Profile
« Reply #34 on: 2006 March 08, 09:53:46 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Don't drive to comm lots. Maxis fucked up and you may get bugged and lose that household until they come out witha  patch.

Take the taxi. You can bring multiples by "invite another sim".

When you do something because of the internet that is wrong.
When you make love to a man in a giraffe outfit.
When you discover you masterbated online to a picture of a relative.

Webcest.
LFox
Irritating Ignoramus

View Profile
« Reply #35 on: 2006 March 08, 10:22:00 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Don't drive to comm lots. Maxis fucked up and you may get bugged and lose that household until they come out witha  patch.

I've driven to the community lot over a dozen times and not once has it screwed up.  Other people haven't had problems either while some people have.  I guess it's another one of those bugs where some get it, some don't.
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #36 on: 2006 March 08, 11:12:45 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Actually, *DO* drive to comm lots. I need a conclusive, reliable sample of a buggered up lot that I can dissect. Unless you wanna wait a month or two for Maxis to find it and fix it.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
akatonbo
Lipless Loser

a red dragonfly

View Profile WWW
« Reply #37 on: 2006 March 08, 13:24:46 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

What are you looking for exactly, just reports that all add up, or someone to actually send you something? I was already planning to follow the steps to replicate the bug as I understand them as soon as I get the game installed (freed up the disk space for defrag and now waiting for the computer to deign to actually finish the job).

Troubleshooting info: all EPs and SPs, most hacks Awesome but some not, no inTeen.
akatonbo
Lipless Loser

a red dragonfly

View Profile WWW
« Reply #38 on: 2006 March 08, 15:49:04 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

(Also: Bippy?)

Troubleshooting info: all EPs and SPs, most hacks Awesome but some not, no inTeen.
sara_dippity
Knuckleheaded Knob

View Profile
« Reply #39 on: 2006 March 08, 16:10:34 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Ok, I figured out the other night that when my boy was stocking robots they were coming out of my owner's inventory, but my owner only makes robots. His daughter and wife make the flowers and toys. If I want them to go into his inventory, do I need to be on the business lot when they are made?

(\__/)
(='.'=)
(")_(")
Sandilou
Knuckleheaded Knob

SL Diva or TS2 Drama Queen? Uh...both!

View Profile
« Reply #40 on: 2006 March 08, 18:12:49 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Sara, I'm not sure that I understand your question - I'm having a groggy brain moment.  Is the father the only business owner?  If so, all items made using the 'make many' or 'make one' instruction will go into his inventory, irregardless of what type of item made; so it could be cakes, flowers, or toys.   I don't think where the goods are made matters, the stock available stock is always stored in the owner's inventory. (That's what the tutorial popup said).  Don't take my word for it though, because I don't have a Prima Guide.

I'm not sure what happens if more than one person has business deeds on a lot.  I don't think where the goods are made matters, the stock available is stored in the owner's inventory. It would be great if there was an option to choose whose inventory it goes into.

happy now :-)
sanmonroe
Circus Freak
Lipless Loser

Hates Furries.

View Profile
« Reply #41 on: 2006 March 08, 18:16:27 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I've driven to the community lot over a dozen times and not once has it screwed up.  Other people haven't had problems either while some people have.  I guess it's another one of those bugs where some get it, some don't.

Supposedly if you save while at a comm lot with your car, then exit the game (or crash, or whatever) you cannot come back to the lot or the shop.

When you do something because of the internet that is wrong.
When you make love to a man in a giraffe outfit.
When you discover you masterbated online to a picture of a relative.

Webcest.
cyperangel
Garrulous Gimp

Lipless expert in stupid questions

View Profile
« Reply #42 on: 2006 March 08, 19:49:02 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Sara, If you make items on a home lot, and your business is on a another lot, you need to either make sure its the owner that makes the items alone, or move the items from the other peoples inventories to his, before he goes to "work" on the business...

If you are crafting stuff on the business lot, or it is a home business, then all items should automatically be placed in the owners inventory.

By the way, if you have the business on a commercial lot, and your doing crafting at home with the whole family, you are going to frigging hate!!! the inventory system as it works right now. I wasnt aware that the craftet stuff went to the crafters inventory and not the business owners when on the home lot, so I had to move around 200 objects one by one, by one, by one, by one to the business owners inventory. Talk about tedius business.
I really really wish that they had implementet two things with the OFB pack: 1, that all craftet items went to a seperate business inventory, and 2: That it was possible to hand over that entire inventory in one action.

Perhaps the later can be modded somehow, so that one sim can hand all in his/her inventory to another sim in one swift click?  (hint hint JMP Wink  )

LK: I think the closest thing to a "soft heart" you'll find in JM's possession is the one he ripped out of some hapless fool's chest.
If you google "More Awesome Than You" - you'll find it. Please read the FAQs carefully before posting - their motto is MOAR FIGHT!They are not a snuggly bunc
ZephyrZodiac
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #43 on: 2006 March 08, 20:16:12 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I just wish that when your sim owner needs a lot of crafted items for restocking, he/she could "Make Many varied XXXs"  Otherwise you have to keep stopping them and changing the instruction.  And a busy day with good sales technique and your inventory could soon be empty.

As to the problem regarding management, i had that problem too, and did a reinstall after removing all my hacks and putting them back a few at a time.  I'm pleased to say that all management options show up now, and Pescado's hacks are working fine.  I'm still not sure if it's a hack at all (I still had the problem after removing the hacks and before reinstalling, I checked) so I do think that sometimes the first install is faulty - that happened for me with Uni and NL too.

I haven't had the problem with cars, but that's because I haven't any cars in this new test hood, but I did get a severe problem with the Burbs and a taxi, which I think was initially caused through little madam Lucy Burb attempting to jump on the Burbs' bed.  I redirected her to do something else, but after that the Burbs all kept jumping out of their actions, and then the car failed to show up for John to go to work.  In the end I had to move them to another lot and bulldoze the one they were living on. 

Zephyr Zodiac
LFox
Irritating Ignoramus

View Profile
« Reply #44 on: 2006 March 08, 20:32:23 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Supposedly if you save while at a comm lot with your car, then exit the game (or crash, or whatever) you cannot come back to the lot or the shop.

I thought it was save related i remember reading something about that.  I'm not the kind of person that saves on a community lot.  When i drive to a business my sim stays there from around 9-5 then she goes home i finish my sim day THEN i save.  I save every sim day at night, when there's nothing going on to prevent screw ups.
ZephyrZodiac
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #45 on: 2006 March 08, 20:37:15 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Yes, the prblem is definitely related to leaving your sim on the lot and saving.  In fact, I got a pop-up when I did this to tell me to go back to that lot first so the sim could go home - mind you, this was with a taxi.

Zephyr Zodiac
sara_dippity
Knuckleheaded Knob

View Profile
« Reply #46 on: 2006 March 08, 22:24:01 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Ok, thank you. That will save annoyances.

(\__/)
(='.'=)
(")_(")
Regina
Malodorous Moron

View Profile WWW
« Reply #47 on: 2006 March 09, 06:19:33 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Well, they don't have a minus, do they?  Except in the business console, that is.  But if your sim is at work, has 85 simoleons in the kitty and loses 1,000 while at work, in fact he only loses the 85 that are there and when he comes home he is paid as normal.

Oh that's right i forgot they don't allow them to dip into minus, heh that was always fun with sims 1.

Actually, your sims can dip into the minus when it comes to buying from the home catalog.  You need to use the clone tool to make it happen, though.

Ordinarilly, the same thing happens in TS2 that happened in TS1.  If they don't have the cash, the object can't be purchased.

Zyrcona
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #48 on: 2006 March 11, 20:11:00 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

In that case, somewhere out there, a townie has about 30 puddles of vintage Brynne pee.

That's pretty funny. Now to go and see if I can make saleable that bag of dung you get as a reward for having a crap date, and then I can make a Poo and Wee shop.
Pages: 1 [2] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: