More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 May 10, 07:57:19

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540274 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6513 Members
Latest Member: Linnie
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  Sim Murder
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Sim Murder  (Read 16829 times)
Sleepycat
Stupid Schlemiel

meow!

View Profile
Re: Sim Murder
« Reply #25 on: 2006 May 13, 20:20:08 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I would love to be able to slap on command or smack a sim in the head with a frying pan. If a jealous sim can slap the hell outa a sim, why can't any sim, esp. a wife or a husband, smack the bejeevers outa their mate on command?? Every jealous person does not react with a amd slap, that was Maxis' choice. Why not slapping on command? A choking here and there would be nice too.

A nice killing and the ability to be arrested and 'go to jail' for x number of months or running from the cops would be hilarious. (IN the game, not in RL)

Squinge has a "Fight anyone anytime" hack
http://www.insimenator.net/showthread.php?t=10576

This hack allows you to have your sims fight anyone including best friends, spouces anytime it works with shove, poke , slap , & attack.

I just came across it yesterday and I haven't tried it out yet but I'm starting to get back in the mood to play with my sims again so I have been checking out all the new hacks and redownloading updated ones and whatnot.

*has been playing Harvest Moon: Magical Melody for the past month and a half" 
Magicmoon
Querulous Quidnunc

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: 2006 May 14, 01:47:59 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I personally would like Sims to autonomously murder other Sims...with a few restrictions. Such as they must be long time enemies and have the want to see the ghost of the other sim or catching their spouse cheating which would allow for them to murder either the spouse or the lover or both. After all, many sims do actually get the want to see the ghost of a sim that is still alive. In fact, I don't think that any of my sims have ever had the want if the sim in question is already dead.

We already have ways for us to kill off sims. I'd like to see it where a sim actually gets angry enough to do it on their own. Of course a memory should go along with it, and perhaps some kind of repercussions such as people who loved the murdered sim being angry or upset with the killer, random depressions for the rest of their life (I have seen depressions with insim when a miscarriage occurs) , having no possibility of ever going permaplat, their family disowning them, or other such repercussions. These are just suggestions.

AND it shouldn't be something that happens very often. Nobody wants their favorite sims dropping dead left and right. But this is a human simulator and the sims should do anything that humans are capable of.

Running: Sims2, University, Nightlife, OFB, Pets, Seasons, BV, FT and AL
Kristalrose
Feckless Fool

I'll do anything for my kids!

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: 2006 May 14, 03:43:12 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

No, I'm glad they took murder out, if it would be as bad as the fighting is in my game.  Sad  My Sims are sluts and therefore we can't have a child's birthday party without some poking, shoving, and someone getting their butt kicked.  If they had left autonomous murder it, the average birthday party would be something like this: "Happy birthday dear Billy. . . omigawd!  Grandpa killed Grandma because she flirted with the mailman forever ago! C'mon, let's go kick a trashcan and give him roaches!"
nikita
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: 2006 May 14, 05:46:02 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I'd be all for Sim Murder, as long as it a) wasn't autonomous and b) had some repercussions.  There just isn't something right about a Sim killing another Sim and getting away with it.  I don't know if I want to go as in-depth as Sim jail but maybe just a penalty like the Sim you kill will stay on your lot forever and haunt you and yours until you die.  You'll never be able to remove their tombstone.  The annoyance of that alone would deter me from killing many Sims, or at least force me to plan it out so I do it and then move my Sims to another house.

Frankly, I'd love to be able to beat other Sims to death.  Maybe a hack where a Sim that is attacked gets a huge drain in motives so if they are attacked repeatedly in succession, they could die.
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: 2006 May 14, 05:55:00 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Frankly, I'd love to be able to beat other Sims to death.  Maybe a hack where a Sim that is attacked gets a huge drain in motives so if they are attacked repeatedly in succession, they could die.
That can already autonomously happen, due to the wonders of "stunlocking".

What is stunlocking? Well, in action-game terms, stunlocking occurs when you strike an enemy, causing him to be stunned briefly from being struck, and do so repeatedly, so that he is re-stunned before he can fully take action again. The enemy is thus paralyzed and unable to ever act until you beat him to death. Seen in games like Diablo, where a character can pummel a monster of equal to greater strength to death without ever facing any danger of attack because the monster is stunlocked and never allowed to move.

How does stunlocking apply to the sims? Well, the catch is, "Free Will" behaviors are essentially idles. A sim does not decide to even attempt to take a free will action until he has been idle for a specific amount of time (which is why it is NOT intended as a mode of gameplay!). If one sim happens to have his timing set to fire JUST before another sim (and his side of a social interaction finishes first, so he begins his idle countdown before the other sim does), or multiple sims attack at once, a target sim can be "stunlocked", in the sense that before he can decide to take his own action, he will become the subject of another sim's action: Be poked, be attacked, be shoved, over and over and over, and thus cannot take any action of his own until he dies from motive failure.

So basically, this can already happen.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
nikita
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile
« Reply #30 on: 2006 May 14, 06:22:38 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Hmm, interesting.  But what is to stop my own Sim from also dying of motive depletion while they are beating up the other Sim?
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #31 on: 2006 May 14, 06:45:39 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Hmm, interesting.  But what is to stop my own Sim from also dying of motive depletion while they are beating up the other Sim?
This MIGHT happen simply because sims are stupid, but is less likely because in this case, the sim is the "actor", rather than the "victim", so he chooses his own action. The victim has his action (Be Whatever) chosen for him, and does not get to make his own decision based on his own motive levels, because before the idle timer can elapse, someone pushes an action onto him, which resets his wait state.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
uaintjak
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile
« Reply #32 on: 2006 May 14, 12:22:21 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Well, despite my being against it, if any modder DID actually find code for sim-murder and enabled it, then I would be forced to request that the theme music from "Oz" be inserted into the game.

I mean, if Daniel Pleasant is going to shank Mortimer Goth, then he needs some theme music.
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #33 on: 2006 May 14, 12:31:28 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I don't really think anyone's going to risk prison to shank Mortimer Goth, he'll be dead by the end of the week anyway.

jsalemi
Town Crier
Vacuous Vegetable

In dog we trust, all others pay cash...

View Profile
« Reply #34 on: 2006 May 14, 14:13:29 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

In fact, I don't think that any of my sims have ever had the want if the sim in question is already dead.

Oh, yea, I've seen Knowledge sims draw that want.  The only trigger seems to be that the tombstone is on the same property.  In fact, I've seen this want roll up on Uni students, and that's how I discovered that a dormie died (I have JMP's nodormieprotect active), because I knew the sim wasn't mad at the dormie in question.  A search of the dorm would turn up a new urn or tombstone.

Excelsior, you fathead!
I am Canadian.
skandelouslala
Lipless Loser

Don't look now but they're going to kill you.

View Profile
« Reply #35 on: 2006 May 14, 14:52:49 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I've had what JM described happen in my game.  I think I even shared the story here, but yes...I watched as a sim attacked his cheating wife till she eventually died of motive failure.  It was actually a bit disturbing at the time lol
Magicmoon
Querulous Quidnunc

View Profile
« Reply #36 on: 2006 May 15, 04:50:47 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Now that you mention it, I have seen the stunlocking thing in effect. Three siblings in college together and 2 kept beating the one up over and over. Without thinking I had the almost dead Sim stop and take care of her motives (I felt so sorry for her since she never started any of the fights and lost every single one). It was weird watching them stand in line to pummel her. Next time I'll let it go to see if death actually occurs. Only thing is no memories of the kill and no penalties. But this will work in the meantime. Thanks for bringing that up!!

Running: Sims2, University, Nightlife, OFB, Pets, Seasons, BV, FT and AL
Pages: 1 [2] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: