More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 May 20, 08:56:13

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540276 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6514 Members
Latest Member: Llama
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  So what's been fixed in NL
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 17 18 [19] 20 21 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: So what's been fixed in NL  (Read 234375 times)
Hook
Nitwitted Nuisance

View Profile
Re: So what's been fixed in NL
« Reply #450 on: 2005 September 24, 01:01:17 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Modular stairs are the ones you use on your front porch to connect to the ground.  They can also be used inside in place of the one-piece stairs, which I recommend highly.

Hook

If some is good and more is better, then too much ought to be just about right.
radiophonic
Lipless Loser

Quirky Liberal Alpha Male

View Profile
« Reply #451 on: 2005 September 24, 01:03:46 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Modular stairs are the ones you use on your front porch to connect to the ground.  They can also be used inside in place of the one-piece stairs, which I recommend highly.

Thanks Hook, yeah, I figured that one out. They complain about any stairs to be honest. S'pose I'll just live with it, it's minor, I'm not a whiner. Cheesy

Instant gratification takes too long.
Hook
Nitwitted Nuisance

View Profile
« Reply #452 on: 2005 September 24, 01:26:09 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

My Sims don't complain about the one piece stairs nearly as much as I do.  In fact, the single stairs have definitely set my Furious bit. Smiley  You'll find that modular stairs are a lot less pain than the other ones.  Only problem now is that if someone's walking down the stairs, I can't send my Sim running down the same stairs, he turns around, goes back up, and the action aborts. Even if there's another stairway right next to the one he tried to use.  This is minor, however.

Hook

sara_dippity
Knuckleheaded Knob

View Profile
« Reply #453 on: 2005 September 24, 03:25:12 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I tried deleting my thumbnails folder for missing icons, it worked on the first house I played, but it was back the second time I played that house and in other houses as well. Also when I did have my icons back, my graduates were still missing their uni want slots.
I have no idea how to submit for this bug properly, I have no suggestions for how to replicate it. The only thing I did to cause it was install nightlife, the bug was instantaneous.

Can you try restoring your objects.package file from the NL installation disk?
That did not work. One of my graduates got her extra wants back, but her son who was missing wants did not get his back, and he rolled a blank want after fufilling one.

(\__/)
(='.'=)
(")_(")
Marchioness
rohina
Horny Turkey
Grammar Police

"So MEAN!"

View Profile
« Reply #454 on: 2005 September 24, 04:52:14 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Thanks Motoki, I'll certainly keep that in mind... though I've never seen this choking death...  Wink

I just had a guy sim tonight who choked to death at a party after eating some cookies. At least I think that's what happened. He was a guest, and he wasn't ill at home or anything.

J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #455 on: 2005 September 24, 06:04:00 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

This is one of the funniest things I have read in ages.  Not because it relates to Wal-Mart (which we don't have here, unless you count Asda which has been taken over by the Wal-Mart people and as a result gone all weird and American already, y'all), but because it's so incredibly sarky, dry, and ... well, BRITISH.  I swear Pescado is alive & well and living in the middle of the Yorkshire Moors.
I get mistaken for being British surprisingly often, generally by people who aren't. I've never entirely understood this, since I'm otherwise a violent, boorish American.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
Baroness
witch
Breakfast of Champions!
Senator

Shunning the accursed daystar.

View Profile
« Reply #456 on: 2005 September 24, 06:37:59 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

This is one of the funniest things I have read in ages.  Not because it relates to Wal-Mart (which we don't have here, unless you count Asda which has been taken over by the Wal-Mart people and as a result gone all weird and American already, y'all), but because it's so incredibly sarky, dry, and ... well, BRITISH.  I swear Pescado is alive & well and living in the middle of the Yorkshire Moors.
I get mistaken for being British surprisingly often, generally by people who aren't. I've never entirely understood this, since I'm otherwise a violent, boorish American.

Perhaps it's the unAmerican subtlety of your sense of humour?

And your self-effacing nature of course.*

*waiting for a bolt of lightning now...

My fists are named Feminine and Wiles.
sanmonroe
Circus Freak
Lipless Loser

Hates Furries.

View Profile
« Reply #457 on: 2005 September 24, 06:50:44 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Do you wear a gingered wig and velvet jacket and talk about what you are having for tea, and the terrific fanny on that bird? If so, that may be why they get confused.

When you do something because of the internet that is wrong.
When you make love to a man in a giraffe outfit.
When you discover you masterbated online to a picture of a relative.

Webcest.
The Loot
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #458 on: 2005 September 24, 06:55:42 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Maybe it's because you use words like "boorish"......
RainbowTigress
Sucky Name Person
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #459 on: 2005 September 24, 07:12:43 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Do you wear a gingered wig and velvet jacket and talk about what you are having for tea, and the terrific fanny on that bird? If so, that may be why they get confused.
From what I've been told, British don't like using the word "fanny."
Inge
Round Mound of Gray Fatness
Senator

Senator Emeritus. Oh hold on, I am still a senator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #460 on: 2005 September 24, 08:49:42 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Fanny means vulva in the UK, I understand it means backside in the US?

\"They\'re here, on the forum. A question riddled, spoiler giving, speculative cancer of sim evil\" -- redearth, Snooty Sims, 2009
gynarchy
Lipless Loser

View Profile
« Reply #461 on: 2005 September 24, 08:56:16 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Where I live in the Midwest, it's a rather tame word for the backside, like tushy or hiney (sp?). I don't think I've heard anyone use it in like 20 years though, my grandmother was the only person I knew who used the word.

Opera loving chickens. Can't eat them. Can't vote for them. Can't wear them as a hat.
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #462 on: 2005 September 24, 10:19:01 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

A feedback loop would be nice in theory, but I can only imagine how it would turn into a forum for arguments and ranting.
Ahem. THIS is a forum for arguments and ranting, and yet you seem to spend about 4 hours a day here anyway. Maybe a forum for arguments and ranting is a GOOD thing, hrm?

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
MaxoidTom
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile
« Reply #463 on: 2005 September 24, 17:42:51 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

A feedback loop would be nice in theory, but I can only imagine how it would turn into a forum for arguments and ranting.
Ahem. THIS is a forum for arguments and ranting, and yet you seem to spend about 4 hours a day here anyway. Maybe a forum for arguments and ranting is a GOOD thing, hrm?

I do it because I like pain and abuse.  Others at Maxis may not share my sentiments.
sanmonroe
Circus Freak
Lipless Loser

Hates Furries.

View Profile
« Reply #464 on: 2005 September 24, 17:49:40 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

From what I've been told, British don't like using the word "fanny."

I used it in the british context in this case. Get it? Its funny that he is admiing her vagina.

Webcest.
sanmonroe
Circus Freak
Lipless Loser

Hates Furries.

View Profile
« Reply #465 on: 2005 September 24, 17:50:53 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I do it because I like pain and abuse.  Others at Maxis may not share my sentiments.

So you are the perfect complement to the average EA/Maxis admin.

Webcest.
Oddysey
Nitwitted Nuisance

Robotic Baby Harp Seal!

View Profile
« Reply #466 on: 2005 September 24, 18:41:04 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

My Sims don't complain about the one piece stairs nearly as much as I do.  In fact, the single stairs have definitely set my Furious bit. Smiley  You'll find that modular stairs are a lot less pain than the other ones.  Only problem now is that if someone's walking down the stairs, I can't send my Sim running down the same stairs, he turns around, goes back up, and the action aborts. Even if there's another stairway right next to the one he tried to use.  This is minor, however.

Hook

They look better, too. The one piece stairs are, for the most part, rather ugly.
Baroness
witch
Breakfast of Champions!
Senator

View Profile
« Reply #467 on: 2005 September 24, 21:37:45 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The point-of-difference is the venue of course, this forum boasts members who can read, comprehend, reason and reply in complete sentences. Maybe Maxis give the Maxoids holidays on other forums when they get too braindead on the ea forum. Wink

I do it because I like pain and abuse.
My great aunty Ada, a barmaid during the London blitz in ww2, often used to say, 'be careful what you ask for'...

Meek_Monkey
Feckless Fool

View Profile
« Reply #468 on: 2005 September 25, 10:28:07 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I have just found out that the problem it is high time [insert name] gets back to the real world when they are in their fist semester of collage has not been fixed.
miclsimmer
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #469 on: 2005 September 25, 16:12:28 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

MaxoidTom: hate to be blunt about this but I posted a Feedback Form under the Uni form.  This was done a long time ago about Terrain Paints.
I have posted another at your request and so has 'witch'. It should be well documented by now, as I am sure others have done the same.
« Last Edit: 2005 September 25, 16:20:31 by miclsimmer » Logged
Hook
Nitwitted Nuisance

View Profile
« Reply #470 on: 2005 September 25, 18:09:54 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Spamming the feedback form satisfies the bean counters at the publisher that there really is a problem that needs to be addressed.  I think you can figure out for yourself what kind of problems this can cause. Smiley

Reasons to ignore bug report that's not backed up by others:

"It's a one-time glitch, we can ignore it."
"The user is doing something wrong, we can ignore it."

If IBM can use such excuses (and I've *heard* 'em, dammit!) then EA can as well.

"Caused by hacked content, we can ignore it."

IBM didn't use this one, but I'm sure EA does occasionally. 

Hook

Baroness
witch
Breakfast of Champions!
Senator

View Profile
« Reply #471 on: 2005 September 25, 22:09:47 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Do you have NL miclsimmer? Are terrain paints still buggy? Mind you, why would you want to crash another lot just to find out.

Yeah MaxoidTom, I'm bolshywitch on sims2ea.com, make sure my terrain paint feedback hasn't been bitbinned please.  Kiss

Baroness
witch
Breakfast of Champions!
Senator

View Profile
« Reply #472 on: 2005 September 25, 22:16:23 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Oh God, just had a flashback to trying to get info out of a PC user the other day.
'My computer just crashed.'
'What were you doing at the time?'
'Nothing, I wasn't even touching it'.

GGAAGGGRRHHH!?! It's not about guilt you fool, I'm trying to get helpful info here...  Grin

dizzy
Souped!

unplugged

View Profile
« Reply #473 on: 2005 September 25, 22:22:03 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I picture it more like this:

"We're putting new cover sheets on all of our TPS reports now before they go out... Did you get the memo?"

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/TPS_report

Oddysey
Nitwitted Nuisance

Robotic Baby Harp Seal!

View Profile
« Reply #474 on: 2005 September 25, 23:49:07 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Oh God, just had a flashback to trying to get info out of a PC user the other day.
'My computer just crashed.'
'What were you doing at the time?'
'Nothing, I wasn't even touching it'.

GGAAGGGRRHHH!?! It's not about guilt you fool, I'm trying to get helpful info here...  Grin

You should read Userfriendly.org. It's a webcomic about a Canadian ISP, and there are a bunch of comics that revolve around Greg, the tech support guy, and stupid users. Like people who think that "right click" means you should write "click" on your screen.
Pages: 1 ... 17 18 [19] 20 21 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: