More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 May 22, 07:28:53

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540276 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6514 Members
Latest Member: Llama
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  Car Repair Hack Request
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 2 [3] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Car Repair Hack Request  (Read 16410 times)
jfade
Obtuse Oaf

Esteemed Senator Emeritus

View Profile WWW
Re: Car Repair Hack Request
« Reply #50 on: 2006 September 21, 22:40:55 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

FYI: The new/updated antiwatchout hack conflicts with djssims ownable cars cost money hack.

Yes, I know necromancy is bad m'kay, but I didn't feel like starting a new thread. Tongue

File: antiwatchout.package, conflicts:
   Type = 42484156, Group = 7F4EA230, Instance = 2094 in file djsownablecarscostmoney.package

Ste

Hmmm, I'll have to take a look and see if I can make it compatible with the new anti-watchout hack. I'll let you know either way once I get to look at it. Smiley

Nifty Sims hacks and programs at: DJS Sims
syberspunk
Heretic
Terrible Twerp

ISTJ - what a crazy random happenstance

View Profile WWW
« Reply #51 on: 2006 September 22, 04:27:17 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I think it's actually quite easy. What I did for my game was, I exported Pescado's changes, and then I added the one line that you added  (I'm pretty sure it was only one line - the actual budget transation line). I think everything else was pretty much the same. Smiley

Ste

croiduire
Malodorous Moron

INTP

View Profile
« Reply #52 on: 2006 September 22, 06:48:33 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I think I've mentioned this before, but I'd love to see an option that would work like "install alarm" (along with the economics of buying groceries). After every twelve community trips (including driving the kids to school) six trips to work, four downtown or equally distant trips (Uni or a downtown lot sim going to a home neighborhood, for example) or any combination thereof  it would be necessary to go "fill 'er up!" No animations necessary. And just like an empty refrigerator, the car doesn't work without gas. To prevent the option of simply swapping out cars, each new car could have just enough fuel to go to the pump, and nowhere else.

The reason that clichés become clichés is that they are the hammers and screwdrivers in the toolbox of communication.
   Guards! Guards! (Terry Pratchett)
veilchen
Terrible Twerp

We are the ADS! Bow to us!!

View Profile
« Reply #53 on: 2006 September 22, 12:50:45 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I people plan on semi-cheating, such as simply swapping, all they have to do is not download any kind of mod that would make this necesarry. But that's not a bad idea. Adding the "drive to Pump" feature, I mean. It shouldn't be too expensive though. Many of mine have the lower level cars, simply because that's all they can afford. If they are hit with high gas-prices, they'd be in trouble Cheesy

~Having the last word is not all it's cracked up to be.~
~All we have to do is remove those who oppose us.~ (Saruman, LotR)
~Wir sind die Roboter~ http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R23e9VO_vOI&feature=related
jrd
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #54 on: 2006 September 22, 14:37:24 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Thanks Ste, I'd not checked the HCU recently. I'll have to do the same fix.
croiduire
Malodorous Moron

INTP

View Profile
« Reply #55 on: 2006 September 22, 16:19:05 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

If they are hit with high gas-prices, they'd be in trouble Cheesy

LOL! You mean just like real life?!?!

The reason that clichés become clichés is that they are the hammers and screwdrivers in the toolbox of communication.
   Guards! Guards! (Terry Pratchett)
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #56 on: 2006 September 26, 08:37:18 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I think I've mentioned this before, but I'd love to see an option that would work like "install alarm" (along with the economics of buying groceries). After every twelve community trips (including driving the kids to school) six trips to work, four downtown or equally distant trips (Uni or a downtown lot sim going to a home neighborhood, for example) or any combination thereof  it would be necessary to go "fill 'er up!" No animations necessary. And just like an empty refrigerator, the car doesn't work without gas. To prevent the option of simply swapping out cars, each new car could have just enough fuel to go to the pump, and nowhere else.
If you swap out cars, though, you *ALREADY* end up paying, probably more, for the fuel.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
Pages: 1 2 [3] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: