More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 May 02, 00:18:05

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6513 Members
Latest Member: Linnie
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  Animated Window Hack at MTS2
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Animated Window Hack at MTS2  (Read 6704 times)
syberspunk
Heretic
Terrible Twerp

ISTJ - what a crazy random happenstance

View Profile WWW
Animated Window Hack at MTS2
« on: 2006 September 22, 19:46:57 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Hear ye, Hear ye. Cheesy

Since many of you don't always check MTS2, I thought this might be interesting. It's an actual animated window hack. I didn't even know you could open windows Tongue

http://www.modthesims2.com/showthread.php?t=191809

Anyways, just thought I'd share the info. I like hacks that add a bit of realism. Smiley

Ste

Jelenedra
The New "Gay"
Whiny Wussy

Evil Mastermind BehindTorturing Emo 12s

View Profile
Re: Animated Window Hack at MTS2
« Reply #1 on: 2006 September 22, 20:24:04 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I saw that before I went on my lunch break. You beat me back here, Ste.  Tongue

It looks cool, I just wanted a MATY seal of approval. As all the comments there so far are, "OMG THE GREATSEST!" And there have not been any real feedback on the quality of the mod. Other than Inge's comments of course.

Quote from: reggikko
Quote from: J. M. Pescado
Why are all these damn hippies on my website?
We are on your forum, taking over your world and making your children gay.
Assmitten
Whiny Wussy

Poop poop

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2006 September 22, 20:49:31 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

That is pretty badass. I like realism, too, but I like it with benefits as well. I would probably be inclined to download this if a little fresh air could improve the environment score. Or if they could stick their heads out and shout. "You kids get off my lawn!!!"

<notovny> Aww, yeah, WOODBEAST.
<kutto> Keep it in your pants, notovny.
Gwill
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2006 September 22, 21:35:37 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Or if they could stick their heads out and shout. "You kids get off my lawn!!!"

That sounds like a job for Pescado.

Dibs on Darth Telligent!
INTJ bordering on P
Want to know where babies come from?
croiduire
Malodorous Moron

INTP

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2006 September 22, 21:41:35 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

You know what would be way cool? If, when something burnt, they autonomously opened the windows. Even more fun...if the smoke would billow out!

The reason that clichés become clichés is that they are the hammers and screwdrivers in the toolbox of communication.
   Guards! Guards! (Terry Pratchett)
syberspunk
Heretic
Terrible Twerp

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: 2006 September 22, 22:25:31 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

What would be cooler is if burglars like crawled in through windows... instead of, you know... using the front door. Roll Eyes

And I haven't seen a burglar in a whiles now, and I've played a few days in Pleasantview where everyone in the house was actually sleeping. Oh well. We need an update to the weekly burglar hack. Wink

Ste

ETA: Ha ha! I beat you to it, Jelenedra! I Win! Tongue

Furthermore, are you the same Jelenedra that made the Carth Onarsi and Bastilla Shan sims over at MTS2? You rock!

Moreover, as for an official MATY stamp of approval? Well, I can't guarantee that, but I can say that atavera has made some really neat hacked objects. They seem pretty trustworthy/reliable, like the bug zapper and baby blankies. Smiley

Jelenedra
The New "Gay"
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2006 September 22, 22:29:46 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I haven't had a burglar since... forever. I think I had one back when I was playing my sci-fi house with the uber fertile Revan and Carth. (4 kids all within days of each other with another on the way) and that was 4 months before my puter went splodey.

Horanda
Knuckleheaded Knob

I used to have to be nice

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 2006 September 22, 22:54:20 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

You know what would be way cool? If, when something burnt, they autonomously opened the windows. Even more fun...if the smoke would billow out!

Yes, that would be cool, and the addition of more oxygen being added to the conflagration would result in the entire house being destroyed before the emergency crews could do anything.

(In the event of a fire, CLOSE windows and doors (AFTER you get out)) Smiley

I'm not doing too bad, considering my age and personality
Pro-freedom
siggylove
Furry!
Knuckleheaded Knob

Mr Flibble's very cross

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 2006 September 22, 23:07:45 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I really like the look of those windows - I trust your opinion Ste but I am only just downloading CC again and for the moment I'm sticking with MATY hacks.  Have you got them in your game and if so, is everything working well?

I'd rather have a full bottle in front of me, than a full frontal lobotamy
Annette
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 2006 September 22, 23:36:08 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

If you like windows that open and close, have a look at the ones on www.pixelsims.com they are in building/windows and doors/page 8 This is one of my favorite sites, all my bathrooms have their louvered windows  Smiley
Karen
Malodorous Moron

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 2006 September 22, 23:53:25 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I love these!  They look great in-game and the animations are very smooth.

Karen
croiduire
Malodorous Moron

INTP

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 2006 September 22, 23:56:54 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Yes, that would be cool, and the addition of more oxygen being added to the conflagration would result in the entire house being destroyed before the emergency crews could do anything.

(In the event of a fire, CLOSE windows and doors (AFTER you get out)) Smiley

I didn't say open them during a fire, I said after burning something. Burnt food smells bad and at least my house remains eye-wateringly smoky long after even the slightest risk of actual fire has ended.

The reason that clichés become clichés is that they are the hammers and screwdrivers in the toolbox of communication.
   Guards! Guards! (Terry Pratchett)
Weaver
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 2006 September 23, 01:55:56 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I thought the closing would refer to the shutters... so it was a little less triumphant in my mind when playing spot the difference in the pictures attached.  Lips sealed

If you like windows that open and close, have a look at the ones on www.pixelsims.com they are in building/windows and doors/page 8 This is one of my favorite sites, all my bathrooms have their louvered windows  Smiley

Those are what I'm talking about. Smiley
Now I have to resist the urge to pad my downloads folder with Pixel Sims clean and agreement objects.. again.  Undecided
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 2006 September 24, 09:03:31 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

What would be cooler is if burglars like crawled in through windows... instead of, you know... using the front door. Roll Eyes
If burglars started doing that, I'd very quickly revert to no-window construction and the entire neighborhood would instantly revert back to my natural urge to construct fortresses.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
Inge
Round Mound of Gray Fatness
Senator

Senator Emeritus. Oh hold on, I am still a senator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #14 on: 2006 September 24, 09:44:05 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

and the entire neighborhood would instantly revert back to my natural urge to construct fortresses.

You mean you've been relaxing your guard a little lately?   I thought you were just getting more laid back cos someone else had taken over the strings Tongue

\"They\'re here, on the forum. A question riddled, spoiler giving, speculative cancer of sim evil\" -- redearth, Snooty Sims, 2009
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: 2006 September 24, 13:05:22 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Well, when I first started with simming, I built traditionally fortified windowless boxes. The sims didn't appreciate the resulting environment much. But then I noticed burglars never actually attempted to go in through windows. So I just started imitating Maxis buildings. Of course, if anything hazardous started, I would quickly relapse to fortified buildings. I'm not a Floridanian, I catch on fast.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
Jelenedra
The New "Gay"
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: 2006 September 25, 15:52:56 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Slightly delayed response to Ste:

Yes, I be she. Glad you liked them.

I was working on a set of Grey's Anatomy sims when my computer went asplodey. I was mad too, I finally got Cristina's face right. Stupid Sandrah Oh and her freakish bone structure. So hard to make simmy and still be attractive.

syberspunk
Heretic
Terrible Twerp

View Profile WWW
« Reply #17 on: 2006 September 25, 22:08:24 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Squeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!! I <3 Sandra Oh!!!! And I absolutely <3 Grey's Anatomy. Did you watch last season? Did you watch last week's premiere!?!?!??!11111

Gah! I can't believe it! Denny!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

And have you seen Sideways, that movie totally kicked ass. And did you see when Sandra won her Emmy (or was it Golden Globe, I forget - I think for Grey's)!?!? I think she is totally "Jelenedra" hehe. I was joking about it with my sister. Cuz she does kinda seem dykey in a way... and then during her acceptance speech, she totally thanked her supposedly long time partner/best friend or what not, which I'm pretty sure was a woman's name. My sister and I busted out laughing, but it would be totally so more than awesome if she actually did turn out to be gay! I love Sandra Oh because I always feel so under represented or poorly represented on tv (being a double minority - asian and gay), and I think Sandra Oh is a kick ass actress. She is just all kinds of awesome on Grey's Anatomy. And I'm glad that they've developed her more and she isn't necessarily a 'one-note' kind of character.

I hope your 'puter recovers. If they ever do a hospital/medical type EP, I would so love to have the cast of Seattle Grace Mercy in my game. Smiley

Ste

J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: 2006 September 26, 04:50:58 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Is "Grey's Anatomy" some kind of alien autopsy show?

Jelenedra
The New "Gay"
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: 2006 September 26, 15:26:23 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

No silly. It's not about aliens.

No I didn't see Sideways, or the Emmy's/Golden Globe's. Although if she was Jelenedra it wouldn't surprise me. I was telling my hubby she either plays a bitch, a dyke, or a stripper. (Loved her episode on Six Feet Under. "She helped me through my first double penetration.")

And yes, I saw the season premeire. I was kinda disappointed, NOTHING happened. Hope it picks up or they might lose viewers to CSI.

Looks like they're building an arc for Cristina though. Squeeee! And I am glad that George is finally growing balls (Double Squee) My prediction: Webber is going to retire and Burke is going to be Chief since his arm is all goobly-gucked.

And hopefully it (my pc) should be fixed sometime this week. IT guy at work is going to fix it for me, so barring complications....
« Last Edit: 2006 September 26, 17:36:14 by Jelenedra » Logged

Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: