More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 May 10, 08:40:43

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540274 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6513 Members
Latest Member: Linnie
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  Looking for a THEME SET of comm/resi/dorm lots...
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Looking for a THEME SET of comm/resi/dorm lots...  (Read 8251 times)
Strangel
Nitwitted Nuisance

Strangelet watches Star Wars with an iPhone. Geek.

View Profile WWW
Looking for a THEME SET of comm/resi/dorm lots...
« on: 2007 May 26, 10:35:20 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Okay. I used to have a set of downloaded lots (mostly residential) that were designed to look like a suburb. They all had the same or similar paint jobs, and all had the same set of Outdoor lighting used for "street lamps". If I remember correctly, there were also comm lots and possibly dorms.. but it seems I deleted the downloads at some point.

I could swear the set came from a MATY user, but searches are leading to nothing. IIRC, the "matched lighting" thing was mentioned specifically by the creator.

Anyone remember these? Sound vaguely familiar? -dodders off whilst babbling to self like an old bat-

Jelendra: Welcome to the dark side. We have Eric. [True Blood Thread]
[14:26] notovny: Indeed. Pepperidge Farm Breakfast Kittens are delicious.
Om-Nom-Nomed as Throat of #grah 08.07.08 ISFP
AuKestrel
Corpulent Cretin

INTJ mother of an ENTP child. Halp!

View Profile
Re: Looking for a THEME SET of comm/resi/dorm lots...
« Reply #1 on: 2007 May 26, 11:31:18 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Is it the Brixham project by starrling at MTS2? There's a university and a "village", at least.

http://modthesims2.com/member.php?u=269354
Kyna
Terrible Twerp

An ass with great insight

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2007 May 26, 13:25:23 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Are you talking about Wolfsim68, who used to be at MTS2?  She's at Insim now, and is also a select artist at TSR (so her lots are still free).

Her community lots tend to be in bluestone, with quoining, and have flat rooves.  The lots have hedges at the edges so that lots in a row join up, with the same paving & street lights along the front of every lot.  She also does residential lots and dorms in a similar style.

<br />Also, thank god for Google spellcheck. Otherwise, this post would be intelligible. <br />
<br />Declared \\\\\\\"Male\\\\\\\" by Pescado on 8th April, 2009
rhodaloo
Lipless Loser

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2007 May 26, 14:17:01 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

What about VJ Development?   There are lots for an urban setting plus apartments/dorms.
Strangel
Nitwitted Nuisance

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: 2007 May 26, 15:13:27 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Wow.. you guys are brilliant. As it turns out, Wolfsim68 is the one that I looked at and went "That's what I remember!"
Since there's other options, however.. I'm thinking I'll do each district in a different style. MAN this is going to be fun and it'll be so much easier than all the building I was going to have to do.

-worships-

Baronetess
Lorelei
Grammar Police

I like pie. A cake is fine, too.

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2007 May 26, 18:18:09 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Someone beat me to recommending starling's Brixham series, but there's also plasticbox's Backdoor Lane, Newbie and Bay Tree Drive series, all at MTS2.

Super INTJ.    MATY's Big Cat.    LOLcult.   Pescado: Like the ancient Egyptians, the Internet worships cats.
notveryawesome
Stupid Schlemiel

INTJ. I like putting hats on my avatar.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: 2007 May 28, 14:47:25 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Nengi65 used to have the Industrial Living series at MTS2, as well, but I think her stuff's gone from there now. It might be at sims2graveyard, though. If not, I have many of those lots if anyone is interested.

Edited to correct wrong name.
« Last Edit: 2007 May 28, 15:55:30 by notveryawesome » Logged

Disclaimer: I am condescending, arrogant, pedantic, and have a foot-shaped mouth. I also like to throw stones from my glass house. Resemblance to any persons, living or dead, is purely coincidental.
MistyBlue
Knuckleheaded Knob

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 2007 May 28, 14:55:01 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Oooh, notveryawesome, I want the nengi houses. I went to look for them because I wanted to remodel a few, but they were gone. They only have a few of her comm lots at the graveyard.
Ellatrue
Terrible Twerp

ENFP, by popular request.

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 2007 May 28, 15:20:34 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

nengi65 is gone?! crap! I used a ton of her stuff in my lots, and I was planning on re-downloading her entire "factory living" set...

I suppose if anyone wants them, I might have some of her lots on CD, but there's no guarantee they are in the original form since I usually download things without all the walls and floors.

notveryawesome
Stupid Schlemiel

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9 on: 2007 May 28, 16:14:18 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I don't have all of the Factory Living series, because I didn't like all of the lots, but here are the ones that I do have (with N65's lot descriptions):

Factory Living 1 unf
Factory Living 3 - Nightclub
Factory Living 4 unf
Factory Living 5 unf
Factory Living 6 - Neighbourhood Park
Factory Living 7 - Fitness Center
Fact.Living 8 unf
Fact.Living 9 - Not quite Abandoned
Fact.Living 11 - Dorm (6Bedrooms)
Fact.Living 14 - Small home (2x2 Lot)
Factory Living 15 - Beauty Salon
N65_Factory_Living_17_Flower_Shop_unf

Nengi65_Lots.rar

Disclaimer: I am condescending, arrogant, pedantic, and have a foot-shaped mouth. I also like to throw stones from my glass house. Resemblance to any persons, living or dead, is purely coincidental.
Baroness
witch
Breakfast of Champions!
Senator

Shunning the accursed daystar.

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 2007 May 28, 19:36:09 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I'd be keen to have a look since her lots seem to be popular.

Ellatrue, how the hell do you download things without walls and floors?

My fists are named Feminine and Wiles.
Weaver
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 2007 May 28, 19:48:25 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

http://files.sims2graveyard.com/nengi65/
starrling
Giraffe Person
Pinheaded Pissant

nyah

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 2007 May 28, 20:58:44 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

*sniff, sniff
I feel so speshul being recommended in the same thread as Wolfsim and Nengi.   Grin

(and Strangel sent me a nice pm at mts2) awwww.  I'm always surprised at nice pm's - instead of the "it dont wrk in my gamez," and "wherez do I findz it?" 

Baronetess
Lorelei
Grammar Police

I like pie. A cake is fine, too.

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 2007 May 29, 00:07:00 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I downloaded every single one of the Brixham lots, on dial-up. I'd say that was a thumbs up!

Of course, haven't had time to play with them yet, but I'm looking forward to it.

Super INTJ.    MATY's Big Cat.    LOLcult.   Pescado: Like the ancient Egyptians, the Internet worships cats.
eaglezero
Feckless Fool

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: 2007 May 29, 04:33:08 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

This may be a stupid question, but ...

I know the lots aren't backwards-compatible, ie a lot made in Seasons will not work in the base/Uni/NL/OFB/Pets, but are they, uh, forward-compatible? If I have all the expansion packs, will a house packaged in just the base game (or the base game + any number of expansions that does not include the latest one) work? I was under the (perhaps mistaken) impression that this was not the case. Can someone clarify?

"If at first you don't succeed, try again. Then quit. No use being a damn fool about it."
- WC Fields
notveryawesome
Stupid Schlemiel

View Profile WWW
« Reply #15 on: 2007 May 29, 04:36:08 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I'm pretty sure that lots packaged with only the base game and early expansion packs will work fine with all later EPs.

Baroness
witch
Breakfast of Champions!
Senator

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: 2007 May 29, 05:26:28 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

That's a big yeppers according to my experience. I often load things I have created several EPs ago, so I don't see any problems. Just make sure there are no older hacks packaged with lots, using Clean Installer to have a look.

MistyBlue
Knuckleheaded Knob

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: 2007 May 29, 05:42:37 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Yep, and you have to use clean installer to install the lots that exclude your EP configuration. The Maxian team, for some stupid reason, designed the lots to only install if the installers EP configuration is exactly the same as the creators.
Baroness
witch
Breakfast of Champions!
Senator

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: 2007 May 29, 05:49:29 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Oh, so that's why some lots never install at all! Even from my own stuff. In older incarnations of the game I had the xmas funpack and the family fun stuff, I never bothered installing them again, then some of my lots wouldn't load using Maxis installer. I wondered why. I also dicovered that if I have an apostrophe in the lot filename I can't load them. I was keen on the "fish'n'chips" style filename at one point and if I remove the apostrophes it works.

gutlesswonder
Asinine Airhead

WOLFWOLFWOLFWOLF

View Profile WWW
« Reply #19 on: 2007 May 29, 09:43:16 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

What about VJ Development?   There are lots for an urban setting plus apartments/dorms.

*de-lurks*
Hey, those downtown living houses are exactly what I've been needing! Thanks.

"Then we'll really have to land on the moon! Invent NASA and tell them to get off their fannies!"
Strangel
Nitwitted Nuisance

View Profile WWW
« Reply #20 on: 2007 May 29, 13:05:39 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

*sniff, sniff
I feel so speshul being recommended in the same thread as Wolfsim and Nengi.   Grin

(and Strangel sent me a nice pm at mts2) awwww.  I'm always surprised at nice pm's - instead of the "it dont wrk in my gamez," and "wherez do I findz it?" 

XD Not ten seconds after I hit send I went "OH DUH! She's the MATY starrling!" and proceeded to bang my head on the keyboard, which brought up some strange search results. -snicker-

Zazazu
Fuzzy Pumpkin
Whiny Wussy

Potiron flou

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: 2007 May 29, 15:07:33 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Oh, so that's why some lots never install at all! Even from my own stuff. In older incarnations of the game I had the xmas funpack and the family fun stuff, I never bothered installing them again, then some of my lots wouldn't load using Maxis installer. I wondered why. I also dicovered that if I have an apostrophe in the lot filename I can't load them. I was keen on the "fish'n'chips" style filename at one point and if I remove the apostrophes it works.
Oh. My. Lord. So that's why I lost Vaughn Hotel & Suites! I had it on my laptop, which had up to NL in, and for the life of me couldn't get the package file to install now. I miss that lot...it was definitely one of my best. That one was named after my first attempt at the legacy challenge. Always name my favorite lots after my important sim families, which is why my current favorite is named "Saish" for Saish Test, matriarch of my Sims1&2 first family. I may upload it to the exchange soon, if the dratted thing isn't being mean to me. It wouldn't take Premiere Dorms for some reason.

Capitalism, Ho!
"Continue to beat it in masturbatory ecstasy if you like, but only Pescado can make it go away." - Lemmiwinks
My Urinal
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: