More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 May 03, 08:56:26

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6513 Members
Latest Member: Linnie
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  Just a little weird
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Just a little weird  (Read 3760 times)
Flipant
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
Just a little weird
« on: 2005 December 12, 16:38:14 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I have have a family that has 4 boys.  The parents were made in cas but the children were born in game.  I just noticed that the two middle boys, they are teenagers now, have a face on their chest!  I'll put in a pic later, I'm at work and don't have internet access at home.  I'm just wondering what this could be from and how do I fix it?  The oldest son doesn't have this face on his chest and I'm not too sure about the youngest, I will have to load the game tonite and take a boo.  Anyone ever come across this?  And if so, what did you do to remedy it?  This is one of my main familys that I am trying to get generations of.  Really don't want them to have faces on their chests, kinda looks like two headed monsters.!  Thanks ahead of time.

cristalfiona
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile
Re: Just a little weird
« Reply #1 on: 2005 December 12, 16:40:48 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I have no idea, but thats funny. Cant wait for pics.
dewshine
Horrible Halfwit

mean sims and empty lots don't mix...

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: 2005 December 12, 18:46:17 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Um, what skins are you using? Are they default Maxis skins or custom ones? If they are default maxis skins, do you use default replacements?

There was, in the unpatched version of Sims2, a flaw with one of the medium skintones that caused the baby skin to show up on other ages.  That would cause the "face on the chest" or the "face on the face" (where it looked like the sim had another set of eyes on the side of the head) to occur. 
One way to fix this is to replace the maxis skins with default replacements.

My Avie is a Vin Diesel sim.  Get him at My Yahoo Group
Flipant
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2005 December 12, 19:55:45 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Exactly!  That's what it looks like!  I used custom skins on the parents, but like I said, the oldest son is normal, no eyes, nose and mouth on his chest.  How would I replace the skin on the boys?  Bodyshop totally confuses me and I've used simPE, but only to change family information, skills, etc.  Haven't ventured too far into it for fear of destroying all my hard work so far.  I have Uni and NL installed.  Didn't have this before I installed NL.  Thanks for the info.
ZephyrZodiac
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2005 December 12, 20:40:13 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Do you have the NL patch etc.  I wouldn't know how to change a skin in SimPE, but I would think if you installed a custom default for the skin in question, then the boys would automatically get that skin since presumable the custom would override the Maxis original.

Zephyr Zodiac
dewshine
Horrible Halfwit

mean sims and empty lots don't mix...

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: 2005 December 12, 21:29:00 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

okay, if both parents have custom skins then the children do too.  I'm assuming then that there's a flaw with the children's skin.  If you could locate the skin package you are using and upload a copy I'll look at it and see if that's the problem.  If so I may be able to fix it in simPE.

My Avie is a Vin Diesel sim.  Get him at My Yahoo Group
Flipant
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2005 December 19, 16:27:59 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Well thank you!  I've found with this family it's always the teenage boys that have this face on their chest.  They haven't got any girls as of yet.  I'll live with it, but I'm real curious to see if their childrens children etc. are going to end up with this funny looking chest too!  Thank you for your help on it.
Emma
Goopy Lover
Dead Member

All Pescados Suck.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: 2005 December 19, 16:31:57 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I still want to see a picture... Cheesy

Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: