More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 May 17, 15:27:34

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540276 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6514 Members
Latest Member: Llama
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  Decreased fire & burglary since Nightlife?
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Decreased fire & burglary since Nightlife?  (Read 17533 times)
YYZdnl
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
Decreased fire & burglary since Nightlife?
« on: 2005 October 14, 23:13:56 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I don't know if it is just the luck of the draw, but I haven't had a single spontaneous fire or burglary attempt on any of my lots since I installed Nightlife.  I have considerable game playtime in since the install and should think I would have had some trouble by now.

I did check, and can create a fire in a toaster.  I don't think I have any hacks running other than the coffee cup hack.

Has anyone else noticed this?
Ancient Sim
Dead Member

Back from the dead ...

View Profile WWW
Re: Decreased fire & burglary since Nightlife?
« Reply #1 on: 2005 October 14, 23:17:18 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I've had a fire or two, but no burglaries.  Then again, I can count on one hand the number of burglaries I've had since installing Uni, let alone Nightlife.  They only happen so often and I have so many lots I probably just haven't played any of them long enough for the next scheduled burglary to roll round.

Some favourite Sim thingies:  Film:  Lord of the Sims; Song: Losing My Sim by SIM; Book: Interview With the Sim by Sim Rice; Smell: Fried Simions; Colour: Simple.
MissDoh
Retarded Reprobate

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2005 October 14, 23:20:38 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

My story is different though I must say I resetted my game after I install Nightlife.

I had 3 or 4 burglaries, a few fires but I notice the appliances brake less often.
YYZdnl
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2005 October 14, 23:24:49 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I didn't know fire & burglaries were a timed event.  That maybe it, I only have a few sim days of play time on anyone lot.  Since, I have mainly been updating my lots with driveways and cars, and the family's with attractions.
sonofajoiner
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2005 October 14, 23:26:53 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Ive had a pretty spectacular fire involving crepe suzette and a sim with lousy cooking skills. It was almost fatal.
ZephyrZodiac
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2005 October 14, 23:29:49 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

You don't get burglaries if you only have the college installed, the game only generates burglars if you enter the main neighbourhood, so if you are growing sims up to start a new hood, they won't get burgled.  I know because I noticed in SimPE that this hood hasn't regenerated any burglars since I deleted All characters.  and when the burglars do appear, they''ll all be turned into babies - then they can't burgle!  (Only works for burglars, I'm afraid, Uni characters still come and visit your lot and lie on the portal!)  works for any really annoying delievery persons who don't deliver properly, or say you haven't paid them when you have!  But as soon as another sim orders groceries, the game replaces them.  I think it works for burglars because your sim doesn't normally call to order a burglary!

Zephyr Zodiac
Countess
theisz
Lipless Loser

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2005 October 14, 23:31:32 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Now that you mention it I have not had a single burglary.   I have played many different families and played each individually for log periods of time.  It could be just luck of the draw, but it is weird. 

I have the no fire hack so I don't get those.
ZephyrZodiac
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 2005 October 14, 23:39:11 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I hate them because of the way the kids get so upset and you have a real job to get them to go to school the next day!

Zephyr Zodiac
virgali
Malodorous Moron

Do you see a midget Hitler?!

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 2005 October 14, 23:53:20 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I for one miss being burglared! It's one of those you-never-know-when-it's-going-to-happen-events thta make sthe game so unpredictable!

couldnt soemone make a hack to increase the chance to get burglared? Or createa "burglar on demand"? Cheesy Would be greate for storytelling! Cool

Do you need someone to organize your sock drawer?
virgali
Malodorous Moron

Do you see a midget Hitler?!

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 2005 October 14, 23:54:17 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

P.S Did anybody got a car stolen yet? I was really looking forward to a good joyride!  Grin

Do you need someone to organize your sock drawer?
Baroness
witch
Breakfast of Champions!
Senator

Shunning the accursed daystar.

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 2005 October 15, 00:03:54 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Yes, I've been leaving hot sports cars outside lots with no alarms. Still no burglaries. I have a custom n'hood and did deleteallcharacters so I guess I have no burglars. Sad

My fists are named Feminine and Wiles.
gynarchy
Lipless Loser

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 2005 October 15, 00:43:19 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I am playing a custom neighborhood and am going on my fourth generation with only one fire and no burglaries. I started off the neighborhood by deleting all the chars but regenerated all the NPCs. The theives' file are there, they just haven't come around yet.

You don't get burglaries if you only have the college installed

I thought burglaries weren't supposed to happen at Uni either, but in my pre-NL neighborhood my Greek house Sims were robbed. It shocked the hell out of me and the whole scene played out very strangely - the cop came and handcuffed the burglar but he still got away - and my Sims didn't receive a memory of it happening.

Opera loving chickens. Can't eat them. Can't vote for them. Can't wear them as a hat.
skandelouslala
Lipless Loser

Don't look now but they're going to kill you.

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 2005 October 15, 00:51:14 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Burglaries were always rare in my game.  I don't care one way or another..I find them annoying lol

Fires...I've had a few since installing NL...mostly w/ sims with low cooking points as normal.

Oh yes...and one generated by a dumbass attack.  I had a poor family who first burned their their entire kitchen.  All the money they had left that could barely afford a new fridge and grill.  I didn't realize that if you tried to stick a grill inside it would lead to fire breaking out each and everytime a sim tried to use it.

I guess a few things are like real life in that respect lol
Myrddin
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 2005 October 15, 01:05:30 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I started with a clean install with Nightlife, began a custom hood for a brand new legacy, and was burgled within the first sim week.  And had three fires within the first two sim week.  Both events are more frequent for me; before Nightlife the only burglary I had was the preset Caliente one (which I played just to see it happen) and my sims generally only have one fire per sim.
MissDoh
Retarded Reprobate

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: 2005 October 15, 02:50:36 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

P.S Did anybody got a car stolen yet? I was really looking forward to a good joyride!  Grin

Well the burglar try to stole one of my Sims car but it was equipped with an alarm.  One thing I notice is that the Sims did not wake-up because the car is outside.  I wonder if I place it in a garage if it would wake them up or not.
Oddysey
Nitwitted Nuisance

Robotic Baby Harp Seal!

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: 2005 October 15, 03:10:18 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

My sims don't sleep, so I don't get burglaries.
cabelle
Malodorous Moron

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: 2005 October 15, 03:14:53 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Ah, so your sims believe in JM's statement that sleep is for wusses. Tongue I haven't had a burglary since Nina & Dina Caliente strangely enough. I do put a burglar alarm in each house and with NL, I get an alarm installed in each car. Paranoid that way I guess.

I just had a fire today at the Tri Vu house. Tiffany Sampson was making spaghetti and nearly went up in flames. Had to keep telling the twit to get away from the fire. Roll Eyes
Diala
Feckless Fool

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: 2005 October 15, 03:15:48 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

couldnt soemone make a hack to increase the chance to get burglared? Or createa "burglar on demand"? Cheesy Would be greate for storytelling! Cool

Here is something for ya: Daily and weekly burglaries I haven't used it, however.

I've never had a burglary. Not once. Maybe because I only make my Sims sleep when their energy is low, no matter what time of day it is, so a lot of them tend to be nocturnal. Maybe one of these days I should download one of those hacks just to experience what a burglary is like.
Oddysey
Nitwitted Nuisance

Robotic Baby Harp Seal!

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: 2005 October 15, 03:34:46 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Ah, so your sims believe in JM's statement that sleep is for wusses. Tongue

Yes. Sleep is unnecessary. You will be assimilated.

(Sorry! Sorry! Couldn't resist.)
MissDoh
Retarded Reprobate

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: 2005 October 15, 03:41:32 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Ah, so your sims believe in JM's statement that sleep is for wusses. Tongue

Yes. Sleep is unnecessary. You will be assimilated.

(Sorry! Sorry! Couldn't resist.)

Oh so you are a Treky  Cheesy
Ness
Hairy-Bellied Heretic
Terrible Twerp

DOWN WITH CHEESE!

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: 2005 October 15, 03:50:36 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

the thing is...  when the burglar steals the car, they stuff it in the bag like everything else - they don't get in and drive off, which is really quite disappointing!

Ness
MissDoh
Retarded Reprobate

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: 2005 October 15, 03:57:51 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Yes it would have been a good idea to make a special animation for the car that get stolen.  Maybe in a future ep they will change that.
Andygal
Deformed Freak
Nitwitted Nuisance

Now with new and improved avatar!

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: 2005 October 15, 04:29:00 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I like NEVER had a burglar for a loong time then just recently after installing NL I had one. And now my sim is furious with him.
noname
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: 2005 October 15, 07:00:09 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Yes it would have been a good idea to make a special animation for the car that get stolen.  Maybe in a future ep they will change that.

But it would hardly even need a special animation. The existing animations would have sufficed if the had programmed them in. That's just EA being lazy again.
MaxoidTom
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: 2005 October 15, 07:53:16 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

But it would hardly even need a special animation. The existing animations would have sufficed if the had programmed them in. That's just EA being lazy again.

We didn't have time; I wish we did, because that would've been cool.  Sorry to disappoint you.
Pages: [1] 2 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: