More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 May 07, 08:43:08

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540274 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6513 Members
Latest Member: Linnie
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  Phone invite issue
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Phone invite issue  (Read 3818 times)
Countess
theisz
Lipless Loser

View Profile
Phone invite issue
« on: 2006 January 09, 04:21:31 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I have been having an issue where a sim will invite someone over and I never get a dialog box of whether the invite was accepted or not.  The sim just hangs up the phone.  Then I will try again and the sim picks up the phone then immediately hangs it back up.  I'll try for a third time and either get no dialog box of whether they accepted the invite or I may get lucky and get the dialog box.  This happens all of the time, in every neighborhood with every lot.

I attached the log of the error.  I tried to figure it out, but I am not sure what I am looking at.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks.
« Last Edit: 2006 January 09, 14:02:11 by J. M. Pescado » Logged
Duchess
gali
Crazy Lollipop
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
Re: Phone invite issue
« Reply #1 on: 2006 January 09, 05:28:20 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Yes, it happens to me a lot, especially when I buy the cellphones. It works always after the third try, and if it doesn't - a call with the cellphone works.
flowerchile
Bonghit Jones
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2006 January 09, 08:26:10 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Can't say I ever had that particular problem, but when my sims throw a party, any party, the maximum invite list is sometimes 1, I know there are cheats but didn't bother with it

I went outside once...the graphics were shit.
speedreader
Corpulent Cretin

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2006 January 09, 12:12:34 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Yep, I have the same issue.  I know it started after I loaded NL, but I can't remember if it was before or after I started putting in hacks.  Since it doesn't happen with cell phones, and isn't a major problem, I forget about it until it happens and then forget again. 

This is definitely not a problem that ranks up there with the Maxis phone calls telling my Sims they should make more of an effort to maintain friendships!  I'll take this glitch over that anytime!
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2006 January 09, 14:01:53 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I have been having an issue where a sim will invite someone over and I never get a dialog box of whether the invite was accepted or not.  The sim just hangs up the phone.  Then I will try again and the sim picks up the phone then immediately hangs it back up.  I'll try for a third time and either get no dialog box of whether they accepted the invite or I may get lucky and get the dialog box.  This happens all of the time, in every neighborhood with every lot
According to the log, this is not caused by any current hack, so either you have a really old hack, or you have something non-awesome making a mess. Sweep your downloads directory for stragglers.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
Ancient Sim
Dead Member

Back from the dead ...

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: 2006 January 09, 15:10:06 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I have exactly the same problem.  I was wondering if it was the phone hack, because it didn't start until after I put that back in, but it sounds as if it isn't.  Usually in my case they manage it by the second try, very occasionally it takes three tries.

Some favourite Sim thingies:  Film:  Lord of the Sims; Song: Losing My Sim by SIM; Book: Interview With the Sim by Sim Rice; Smell: Fried Simions; Colour: Simple.
ZephyrZodiac
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2006 January 09, 15:14:09 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I don't think I've noticed this at all and I have the phonehack and autoyak.  I use the teleporter shrub a lot, but of course it doesn't satisfy the want to invite someone over.  OK for play with wants though.

Zephyr Zodiac
Countess
theisz
Lipless Loser

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 2006 January 09, 16:40:06 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I have been having an issue where a sim will invite someone over and I never get a dialog box of whether the invite was accepted or not.  The sim just hangs up the phone.  Then I will try again and the sim picks up the phone then immediately hangs it back up.  I'll try for a third time and either get no dialog box of whether they accepted the invite or I may get lucky and get the dialog box.  This happens all of the time, in every neighborhood with every lot
According to the log, this is not caused by any current hack, so either you have a really old hack, or you have something non-awesome making a mess. Sweep your downloads directory for stragglers.

Thanks!  You have once again proven that you are more awesome.  It was the old hack bringrealfriends.  I took it out and so far I haven't had the problem occur.

I appreciate your help.

speedreader
Corpulent Cretin

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 2006 January 09, 22:09:43 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I also have bringrealfriends.  Guess I'll pull it and see what happens.  Thanks!
Swiftgold
Horrible Halfwit

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 2006 January 09, 23:28:52 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

This is the same problem I mentioned in the phonehack thread and I posted my log there too - I was wondering if I was the only one with that. I'll try removing the bringrealfriends also, though I don't think it's an old version as I never even used it until pretty recently. It's still occuring and I made sure I have the latest versions of everything as far as I know.

http://www.moreawesomethanyou.com/smf/index.php?topic=1479.msg71581#msg71581 - replies 127 and 128 on this thead.

Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: