More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 May 22, 05:33:36

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540276 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6514 Members
Latest Member: Llama
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  I need that Fight Club mod more than ever now.
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: I need that Fight Club mod more than ever now.  (Read 10675 times)
Dark Trepie
Senator

View Profile
I need that Fight Club mod more than ever now.
« on: 2005 October 19, 07:34:30 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

While I was playing Chloe Singles tonight I sent her down to that Cold Issue Clothing store to buy her a cell phone and the other electronic gadgets (because she spun up some wants for them and that was the first place I though of with a kiosk).  And while I was there no less than ten different fights broke out.

Round 1 began when Crystal Curious (formerly Crystal Vu) decided to poke the wrong townie.  Poor girl.  It seems Lazlo is the only sim she gets along with.

Round 2 began when Crystal decided to pick on Chloe instead.  And Chloe wasn't having any of that.

Round 3 began when some other townie started shoving everyone's favorite conspiracy girl around

Even the "so sugary sweet it'll make your teeth rot out" Jenny Smith got into the action in Round 4.

The biggest surprise of the night though was the the conclusion of Round 3.  I totally didn't expect her to win.

I think I used the MaxMotives cheat about four times during that outing.  Because I just couldn't bear to make Chloe go back home and miss out on all of that fun.  In the end she came home with five wins, three loses, two new enemies, and much trash can kicking in the future.  The other fights were mostly townie vs. townie.  Ms. Crumplebottom was hanging around outside too feverisly knitting whatever that is she keeps in her purse.  I wish you could interact with her.  I so would've kicked her butt too given half a chance.

Meanwhile, down the road in Pleasentview, much the same is going on.  Even in the same store no less.
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
Re: I need that Fight Club mod more than ever now.
« Reply #1 on: 2005 October 19, 09:24:48 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Alright, it's available in the testing just for you.

Be warned that it is currently incomplete and does not handle the new-introduced ability to pick fights against children and even babies. It also hasn't had much testing since I don't have the game. So it may cause coma, death, and halitosis.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
VJay
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2005 October 19, 12:56:32 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

That thing that came with NL, sims spend their time kicking each other's ass. Sometimes you wonder what really happened so it always ends in fights, that's crazy.
Marchioness
Brynne
Smells Like Pee
Souped!

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2005 October 19, 13:38:34 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

You know what would make a swell addition to the "fight club" hack? The "no cry babies" hack. Jeez, if all the bar fights weren't bad enough, I also have grown men crying in every corner! Roll Eyes
Motoki
Lord of the Nannies
Uncouth Undesirable

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2005 October 19, 13:52:27 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Yeah, it is kind of annoying. Even moreso now with NL. I could see if maybe if they are 8 9 or 10 nice but 5 6 or 7 nice? I'd like to think I'm nice, or can be lol, but I ain't that nice. Wink

Also, I think I need to get enemies accumulate back again because somehow when my sims get robbed they seem to magically go from -100/-100 to 100/100 with the burglar in a fairly short time with no interactions.

In communist China Peggy's hairs cut you!
Marchioness
Brynne
Smells Like Pee
Souped!

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2005 October 19, 16:05:10 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I'm having sims with 2 or 3 nice points bawling like babies! It's also a pain because if I want them to retaliate, I have to wait until they shut off the water works, first. Stop crying and attack him, dammit!  Roll Eyes 
Dark Trepie
Senator

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2005 October 19, 18:13:42 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Yeah, it is kind of annoying. Even moreso now with NL. I could see if maybe if they are 8 9 or 10 nice but 5 6 or 7 nice? I'd like to think I'm nice, or can be lol, but I ain't that nice. Wink

Also, I think I need to get enemies accumulate back again because somehow when my sims get robbed they seem to magically go from -100/-100 to 100/100 with the burglar in a fairly short time with no interactions.

I've noticed this happening a lot too.  Mostly with burglers.  It happened to Cassandra Goth too after she got finished being furious with Don for leaving her at the alter.
AllenABQ
Feckless Fool

Contemplator of Fuzzy Things

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 2005 October 19, 18:38:47 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I'm having sims with 2 or 3 nice points bawling like babies! It's also a pain because if I want them to retaliate, I have to wait until they shut off the water works, first. Stop crying and attack him, dammit!  Roll Eyes 

I've seen this too.  My nastiest Sim -- 2 nice points -- is enemies with his baby sister (they are both adults).  So she slaps him around a bit outside the coffee house the other night and he slaps her back.

Then he walks away and bawls his eyes out.   Roll Eyes

I can understand maybe him bawling over a lost girfriend or something, but for a guy whose favorite activity is annoying other sims he certainly seems like a wuss that he can't take what he dishes out!
Motoki
Lord of the Nannies
Uncouth Undesirable

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 2005 October 19, 18:42:23 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Actually, now that I think about it, I have a mean as shit old lady sim with 0 nice points and she's always slapping people around and starting fights with them and I've even seen her crying when someone pokes or slaps her. Now that is just silly.

In communist China Peggy's hairs cut you!
Marchioness
Brynne
Smells Like Pee
Souped!

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 2005 October 19, 20:14:49 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I've seen this too.  My nastiest Sim -- 2 nice points -- is enemies with his baby sister (they are both adults).  So she slaps him around a bit outside the coffee house the other night and he slaps her back.

This reminded me of something, although I'm pretty sure you didn't mean literally that the sister was a baby! Since NL I've seen relationships with babies and toddlers go into the negative. One of my teen sims was playing with his toddler sister (she had just transitioned) and I noticed his long-term score for her was around 25. I checked hers, and her long-term score for him was -18! How did that happen???

gynarchy
Lipless Loser

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 2005 October 19, 20:26:08 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

That's always been the case for me. Whenever a new baby joins the family, at least one of them has a negative relationship with the other. It's usually the youngest, like they are jealous of the other kids for having to share Mom and Dad. When twins are born, one always dislikes the other which is why I force them to play with each other on the dollhouse until they are at least neutral with one another.

Opera loving chickens. Can't eat them. Can't vote for them. Can't wear them as a hat.
Marchioness
Brynne
Smells Like Pee
Souped!

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 2005 October 19, 20:36:25 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Maybe I just didn't bother to check until now. At least the score goes up pretty quickly!
KellyQ
STUPID PUDDING
Dead Member

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 2005 October 19, 20:51:36 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I had noticed that before about sibilings sometimes havng negative scores towards the new baby and put it down to a jealousy factor. However I found it very annoying that when I created a family a couple of weeks ago (a mom, a teen brother and two teen sisters), moved them into a new house and their very first interaction with each other had the two sisters with negative relationship scores. I mean they were still outside on the sidewalk for pete's sakes! I wish we had the option in CAS to not only set the family tree but to set the relationship scores with each sim accordingly. I have had to work really hard to get those sisters to just get along and believe me, they still don't like each other. That was not what I had in mind when I made the family, for them to be a pain the posterior. Roll Eyes

<Pescado> Make it quick. I'm busy and you're not funny.
Sagana
Stupid Schlemiel

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 2005 October 19, 21:03:14 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Whenever a new baby joins the family, at least one of them has a negative relationship with the other.

I do believe it's jealousy. Anybody child age or older can pat the mother's stomach and talk to it when she's pregnant and they'll have better relationship scores after the baby is born if they do. (Talking to the baby while an adult is holding it, as well as playing with them on the various toys helps too.) Of course none of that works for twins, or toddler and infant - you have to get them to toddler walking and talking before you can do anything about theirs.

Unsouper
AllenABQ
Feckless Fool

Contemplator of Fuzzy Things

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: 2005 October 19, 22:07:12 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

This reminded me of something, although I'm pretty sure you didn't mean literally that the sister was a baby! Since NL I've seen relationships with babies and toddlers go into the negative. One of my teen sims was playing with his toddler sister (she had just transitioned) and I noticed his long-term score for her was around 25. I checked hers, and her long-term score for him was -18! How did that happen???

hehehehe!

Sibling rivalry and jealousy!  In my case, this family was started with only the base game.  They were a CAS family with one older boy (already a child and I aged him in SimPE to be just shy of turning into a teen) and the younger (toddler age) twins - a boy and a girl.  The eldest is the meanie with 2 nice points and a business aspriration.  He can't stand his sister or his dad.  The twin boy gets along great with his whole family (family sim).  The twin girl hates her older brother and is a romance sim.  They grew up with him picking on her until she learned to pick back -- so believe me he should be USED to earning abuse from her.  Now as adult they both float around -50/-50 relationship scores with each other.
ZephyrZodiac
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: 2005 October 20, 01:27:59 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

One thing I've noticed is the first sim of a family you create in CAS tends to have a higher relationship score with the ones that you create later.  Very odd!

You can I think get toddlers to play together on the dollhouse or with one of the toys from the toybox.

Zephyr Zodiac
Process Denied
Juvenile Jackass

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: 2005 October 20, 05:12:44 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I think the initial relationship score when you start a family is largely based on personalities.  I hate the fact that they cry.  I had tweeked Dustin Broke to be meaner because his personality didn't match his story line and he was kicking Daniel Pleasant's backside so bad that I had to intervine.  He kept on fighting and Daniel kept on crying--Daniel never fought back.  But on plus side, Isabelle attacked Consort the first time she laid eyes on him.  Now that is an enemy.  I think there should be a rule that anyone with a 3 or less in niceness should not cry.  I had a Scorpio male with a 1 in niceness and he had won his first 9  fights(never lost) and he cryed when someone slapped him--just not right!!!!!
ZephyrZodiac
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: 2005 October 20, 07:08:26 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Never heard of hurt pride?  Just because they're grouchy doesn't mean they like it when others are grouchy to them!  And I've had sims who were 4 or 5 in niceness who could be REALLY nasty, while one or two that were at the 0 level never ever started fights with anyone else - but boy could they dish it out if someone got up their nose!

And if you make Dustin quit his job, he very soon pulls himself up and turns into a normal outgoing fairly nice sim!

Zephyr Zodiac
laeshanin
FURRY!
Malodorous Moron

Fook me, it took long enough to get a title!

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: 2005 October 20, 10:32:14 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Mine tend to cry in corners like a wuss too. It's quite unbecoming for someone who has actually started the fight in the first place. However, the fact that they do scrap more makes the game interesting and, while I haven't played NL long enough to see all the scenarios where a fight is likely to kick off, it does seem to be more prevalent Downtown. I think it's the drink to blame...  Wink

I've got that Fight Club mod installed, so I'll report back f I see anything untoward.

Meh...
Marchioness
Brynne
Smells Like Pee
Souped!

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: 2005 October 20, 11:37:40 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Good. Please do! I've been considering putting the fightclub back in my game to see what happens.

I think the fight club mod nuked the crying for sims with 7 or fewer nice points, is that correct? I have very few sims in my game now with more than 7 nice points. Too huggy. Five is a good balance for me. Although, like someone else said, I have a couple of sims with only 1 or 2 nice points who seem friendlier than some of my higher- nice-point sims. One of my sims, (the one face down in his sandwich in my avatar) Giles, was constantly attacking his mother! I mean, all the time! His mom is a romance sim married to a family sim, and Giles is a family sim, so he's extremely protective of his dad, I guess. And his mom is quite the floozy. I have another sim with only 1 nice  point (Jory, grandson of Bella), and the only difference between him and Giles personality-wise is that when Jory was "admired" his reaction was like he was saying, "Damn right, I'm fine!" instead of Giles' more modest "Really? Well, thank you!". Oh, Jory also can't handle "punch you, punch me" without punching a little too hard and pissing the other sim off. Roll Eyes  Giles definitely instigated more fights. He's an adult with a family of his own, now, and he's mellowed out. Very good dad. And he's also on good terms with his mom now that she's kept her romancing behind closed doors. Jory's been "encouraged" up to 3 nice points and is still a teen. And he still argues at the drop of a hat. Funny, though, because right after he'll want to play red-hands or something. He had lost several relationship points with his brothers and father because of his constant arguing and playfully punching a little too hard, so I made him go around and hug/family kiss everyone. He protested each time but did as obliged. That was kind of funny, actually.

I've always wondered if rubbing the mom's belly, etc. improved the relationship score at birth. And I had no idea the order of creation in CAS families had an impact. Very interesting information. I have a family that just had triplet toddlers (Giles and his wife, in fact) and now have a total of 6 kids in the house. One of the toddlers has a negative relationship score toward one of her toddler brothers, and I noticed it dropped even further yesterday. I guess I'm in for a bit of sibling rivalry as soon as I age them!   
Process Denied
Juvenile Jackass

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: 2005 October 21, 04:05:28 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The tots get mad at the tots if they wake them up.  I usually take them out of the beds with movwobjects before they have the chance to cry if there are more than one tot.
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: 2005 October 21, 06:10:46 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I do believe it's jealousy. Anybody child age or older can pat the mother's stomach and talk to it when she's pregnant and they'll have better relationship scores after the baby is born if they do. (Talking to the baby while an adult is holding it, as well as playing with them on the various toys helps too.) Of course none of that works for twins, or toddler and infant - you have to get them to toddler walking and talking before you can do anything about theirs.
It's just plain random. All sims begin with a randomly generated relation score the new arrival. Note how parents pretty much always like the new baby, generally more than the baby likes them, whereas other siblings have levels of enthusiasm that vary widely (positive daily, negative lifetime, etc), and the baby is likewise. Sometimes it is amusing to see that the baby kinda detests his sister, even though they've never actually interacted yet.

It tends to wear off over time simply because babies don't have a lot of interactions with non-adults.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
Baroness
witch
Breakfast of Champions!
Senator

Shunning the accursed daystar.

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: 2005 October 21, 11:40:20 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The tots get mad at the tots if they wake them up.  I usually take them out of the beds with movwobjects before they have the chance to cry if there are more than one tot.
I'm not that onto it, I don't notice them crying for a while, or I make them wait till the parents' energy bars are full. So I make cots in a little alcove with an arch on the front, looks like part of the room but doesn't disturb other babes or toddlers.

My fists are named Feminine and Wiles.
Process Denied
Juvenile Jackass

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: 2006 January 09, 08:37:29 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Jm, this might amuse you.  Lilith beat the crap out of Dustin twice and they are still kids(I made them younger).  It was so funny to see Lilith with Dustin in a headlock.  The news has been going all through Pleasantville, Dustin will never live it down.
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: