More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 May 06, 02:34:28

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540274 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6513 Members
Latest Member: Linnie
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  censor.package and userstartupcheat
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: censor.package and userstartupcheat  (Read 10437 times)
lindaetterlee
Knuckleheaded Knob

Proud Army Wife. Support us or get the fuck out.

View Profile WWW
censor.package and userstartupcheat
« on: 2007 March 01, 09:11:33 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Can someone share these with me? I lost mine in the reformat.

Proud Army Wife of a soldier deployed to IRAQ. Support us or get the fuck out.
I am 25.

Quote from: lindaetterlee
The same thing happened with my Pescado, before this he was a lady's man. Now he is some guy's bitch.
maxon
Obtuse Oaf

Unrepentant Inteenimator User - Kitten Killer.

View Profile
Re: censor.package and userstartupcheat
« Reply #1 on: 2007 March 01, 09:20:06 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Well, you usually make your own userstartup.cheat since different people want different things turned on when they start up the game.  For example, I have

boolProp carsOnRight false

because I'm English and want the cars in the neighbourhood to drive on the left because it otherwise just looks weird to me. 

A lot of people have debug mode turned on

boolProp testingCheatsEnabled true

and also increase the potential number of visitors/guests with this one

intProp MaxNumOfVisitingSims 25

but I have a pile of other ones too including aliases for the building cheats.  As I said, it depends what you want.

The censor.package, I think, is going to be Quaxi's blur remover - you'd be better downloading the updated one for Seasons from the SimPE site.

Inteen for AL, yay!
gjam
Corpulent Cretin

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2007 March 01, 09:29:36 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Does anyone know what's going on with Quaxi's site?  I just tried to get the Pets version of the censor blur remover and all the links are broken.  Everthing just takes me back to the front page.

Now playing: UNI, NL, OFB, & Pets
maxon
Obtuse Oaf

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2007 March 01, 09:35:46 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Maybe he's updating.

Inteen for AL, yay!
PlayLives
Irritating Ignoramus

I don't speak Awesome.

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2007 March 01, 10:01:53 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Anyone have original userstartup when first installing Seasons? I accidentally overwrote mine.
KatEnigma
Axe Murderer
Souped!

ENFJ

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2007 March 01, 11:02:47 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

There IS no original userstartup. It doesn't exist until you make one, and no one can know what you've had before.

I'll attach the censor.package to this post, since it's MIA right now.

* censor.package (13.96 KB - downloaded 318 times.)

"There is a tragic flaw in our precious Constitution, and I don't know what can be done to fix it. This is it: Only nut cases want to be president."

- Kurt Vonnegut
PlayLives
Irritating Ignoramus

I don't speak Awesome.

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2007 March 01, 11:32:20 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

There is a userstartup in the Config folder after installing Seasons. When the game installs it overwrites the one currently present with a new one. I changed it with another file by mistake and I wanted the original back.
gjam
Corpulent Cretin

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 2007 March 01, 11:35:36 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I'll attach the censor.package to this post, since it's MIA right now.

Thank you.

Now playing: UNI, NL, OFB, & Pets
maxon
Obtuse Oaf

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 2007 March 01, 13:31:30 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

There is a userstartup in the Config folder after installing Seasons. When the game installs it overwrites the one currently present with a new one. I changed it with another file by mistake and I wanted the original back.

Still - whatever it was, no-one can give it to you.  When we all made our own, they were all different.  What's in the one the game put in?

Inteen for AL, yay!
zoebme
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 2007 March 01, 14:51:46 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I remember already having a userstartup.cheat in my config folder before I made one myself. That was before Seasons, though. I don't know where it came from, but it just said "boolProp testingCheatsEnabled false" in it, and I thought that was odd, because it is "false" by default anyway...
BastDawn
Retarded Reprobate

I'll stop by to read Awesomeland once in a while.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #10 on: 2007 March 02, 09:29:26 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

SimPE creates that for you.  Check this thread for advice on how to improve it:

http://www.moreawesomethanyou.com/smf/index.php/topic,4332.0.html

Baroness
witch
Breakfast of Champions!
Senator

Shunning the accursed daystar.

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 2007 March 02, 10:40:18 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

This is my cheat file. It is based on Jordi's one, with bits added as EPs come out.

* userStartup.rar (1.52 KB - downloaded 215 times.)

My fists are named Feminine and Wiles.
buddha pest
Irritating Ignoramus

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 2007 March 02, 13:11:44 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Is the Pets censor.package compatible with Seasons?
Baronetess
Lorelei
Grammar Police

I like pie. A cake is fine, too.

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 2007 March 02, 13:32:18 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

buddha pest: I hope so. I was doing Download file maintenance and accidentally removed the censor.package out. I had pixelated naughty bits, which wasn't terrible, except the default censor grid is large enough to cover an entire Weight Watcher's meeting all at once. It was then that i discovered that intProp censorGridSize 0 doesn't do squat. Flarking censor grid is so large, it hides whatever else is going on so it's a Sim with only a head, two feet and a blur. My Sims apparently are so outgoing that they don't bother with clothes most of the time. Well, one Sim in this lot did, the other was blissfully nude and pixelated and making hot coffee (yow!) and serenading the other Sim (admittedly pretty funny, esp. when he paused after winning the girl of his Sim wants list over at long last, smacked his head as if to say "D'oh! I forgot my pants!" and then proposed) and so on.

In short, I am an adult, and nekkid Sim bums are far less offensive to me than a ginormous pixelated BOX. And hacks are our friends. If they are awesome.

Super INTJ.    MATY's Big Cat.    LOLcult.   Pescado: Like the ancient Egyptians, the Internet worships cats.
KatEnigma
Axe Murderer
Souped!

ENFJ

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: 2007 March 02, 14:22:38 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Seems to be working fine for me, and I've had the game running with it since Tuesday. :-)

"There is a tragic flaw in our precious Constitution, and I don't know what can be done to fix it. This is it: Only nut cases want to be president."

- Kurt Vonnegut
jsalemi
Town Crier
Vacuous Vegetable

In dog we trust, all others pay cash...

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: 2007 March 03, 06:05:47 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Seems to be working fine for me, and I've had the game running with it since Tuesday. :-)

Yea, no problems with it here, either.

Excelsior, you fathead!
I am Canadian.
maxon
Obtuse Oaf

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: 2007 March 04, 05:29:42 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

It was then that i discovered that intProp censorGridSize 0 doesn't do squat.

That hasn't been working since ... what, Nightlife?

Inteen for AL, yay!
jrd
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: 2007 March 04, 05:41:48 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Aye. They removed it because of Hot Coffee (aka Jack Thompsonitic stupidity).
Venusy
Dead Member

Despite the name, I am male.Do not call me "miss".

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: 2007 March 04, 06:17:32 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Aye. They removed it because of Hot Coffee (aka Jack Thompsonitic stupidity).
No, no, no. They removed it because of Thompson's ludicrous claims that Sims have full genitalia (with no third party mods). All Hot Coffee led to was a GTA patch, and parents everywhere realising that there might just be a reason for the age ratings. Oh, and a huge ego boost for J.T..

FAKE EDIT: Now that I think about it, the last thing was probably the reason why Thompson made the claims against TS2, so Hot Coffee could be to blame, but not directly.

"They say only the good die young. If that works both ways, I'm immortal."

ISTP - Independent, concise in speech, master of tools.
Baronetess
Lorelei
Grammar Police

I like pie. A cake is fine, too.

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: 2007 March 04, 06:22:49 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Given that it is a big hassle to get uncensored nudity and genitalia to work in the game, what with cheat codes changing and creators shuffling from site to site, and new SPs / EPs prewing the scootch every six months...well, it's a hassle at least until after you're no longer a raw n00b and know where to look...one has to wonder just how and where Thompson saw nekkid Sims.

Has the Moral Minority invaded an adult Simmer forum? Inquiring minds want to know. Wink

Super INTJ.    MATY's Big Cat.    LOLcult.   Pescado: Like the ancient Egyptians, the Internet worships cats.
jrd
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: 2007 March 04, 06:33:46 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Venusy: Aye, that's what I implied. Hot Coffee mod --> uproar over "ooh sex bad" in Puritan States of America --> Jack Thompson becoming even more insane and attacking family friendly TS2 --> EAMaxis removing the easy way to remove the censor blur to avoid backlash.
Nec
Malodorous Moron

I have no sense of humor.

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: 2007 March 04, 06:47:04 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Oddly enough...The GTA: San Andreas packaging says roughly: Violence, Partial Nudity, Sexual Situations, etc....that was just a load of crap designed to cost taxpayers money. The Hot Coffee mod was less explicit than sims making out on the couch. In fact, from all of the screenshots I have had to endure of it, I would say it is little more than a very pixellated blur of a wannabe sex minigame. I am glad it wasn't included in the final release. My lovely senator (Hillary) had a lot to do with that. I called her office and wrote her letters, as well as emailed her about it. There are far more important things to worry about than games that stick to their ratings.
Mirelly
Pinheaded Pissant

Pompous Twitter

View Profile WWW
« Reply #22 on: 2007 March 04, 08:19:39 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

It's interesting to compare the ESRB set up with PEGI's. The former (in the land of free speech) goes to extreme lengths to stop naughty game makers from pulling wool over innocent raters' eyes. The latter simply asks the maker a few pertinent questions and warns misleadingly incorrect answers will land them in jail. PEGI seems better, if only because it is simple. Complicated isn't better for any thing except breaking more often. America's cultural hegemony is a damned nuisance. Mustn't let teenie boys see their sims' spotless lady bumps ... or maybe I miss the point. Maybe the idea is to prevent teenie girls gaining a false impression of what lays in wait for them in the trouser dept. (Nothing much if Maxian sims are anything to go buy Roll Eyes )

me shit
Wayward Ink now with SMF shiny and no ads
I see the Dome is filled with Lamb Chop conspiracy theories. The only authentic Mirelly sock is "readordead", who will not be posting, for obvious reasons.
dizzy
Souped!

unplugged

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: 2007 March 04, 09:50:33 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

No, the point is that Jack Thompson wanted to play up his political clout with a lot of false accusations. A wolf in sheep's clothing, he is. Even EA, evil as they are, are angels compared to scumbag filth like JT.

Mirelly
Pinheaded Pissant

Pompous Twitter

View Profile WWW
« Reply #24 on: 2007 March 04, 10:40:44 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I do get that part of it, Dizzy. Politicians (and lawyers with political ambitions) wouldn't have a moral platform if they used political power to legislate honestly instead of creating big stink-clouds designed to inflame the moral outrage of an otherwise amoral society by pressing the moral outrage buttons of the knee-jerk majority. Who choses the films that Americans watch? Exactly. Who choses the films that I may watch? I do.

me shit
Wayward Ink now with SMF shiny and no ads
I see the Dome is filled with Lamb Chop conspiracy theories. The only authentic Mirelly sock is "readordead", who will not be posting, for obvious reasons.
Pages: [1] 2 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: