More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 May 02, 20:32:17

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6513 Members
Latest Member: Linnie
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS3/TSM: The Pudding
| |-+  The World Of Pudding
| | |-+  Sims won't change clothes
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Sims won't change clothes  (Read 4296 times)
ShortyBoo
Juvenile Jackass

View Profile
Sims won't change clothes
« on: 2010 October 13, 14:16:08 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I'm having a little problem with my game. I have 2 sims in one household that can't change their clothes at all. They were fine when I first started playing, but one morning in the game, I sent one guy to bed and had the other guy go eat breakfast before work. Once it was time to go to work, my guy got up from the table and spun around like he was going to change for work, but instead he was still in his everyday clothes and the "go to work" dropped from his queue. I figured maybe it was the work outfit, so I had him quit work, but then I noticed the roommate had woken up, but wouldn't come downstairs to eat. Their place is set up with outdoor entrances to the bedrooms, so they won't leave their bedroom unless they're dressed. I tried multiple times to get him out of his pajamas, using the dresser and by clicking on the sim, but he'd just spin around and still be in his pajamas. I also tried the roommate who wouldn't go to work and he couldn't change into any other outfit, just his everyday clothes. I tried deleting the washer, dryer and hampers, but it didn't fix it. I also tried kicking them out and moving them back in as well as resetting both of them, but nothing's working.

So far, they're the only sims in the neighborhood (Barnacle Bay) this has happened to. I checked other families, and they can change just fine. I did see this happen one other time in Twinbrook just after Ambitions was released. At that time, I remembered thinking it was the washer & dryer, but I never found a solution. I ended up deleting that save. I tried to Google to find a solution, but all I found were people suggesting to delete the cache files or to simply restart the game and neither worked. Has anyone else had this problem or know any way to solve this?
Klinn
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
Re: Sims won't change clothes
« Reply #1 on: 2010 October 13, 17:01:21 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Just a guess, but I wonder if it's caused by the single exterior door on each bedroom.

Do you have any other similar house designs where the sims do behave properly?

I've built houses with no interior doors and the game seems to get really confused when there's only one big space. For example, an inventor could gain experience working at his bench but not actually produce any inventions. Some other oddness too. I added an interior wall & door and things worked fine.

Try adding a temporary wall and door in each bedroom, or just adding an interior door to the rest of the house if that suits your layout, and see if that fixes the odd behaviour.
ShortyBoo
Juvenile Jackass

View Profile
Re: Sims won't change clothes
« Reply #2 on: 2010 October 14, 02:32:06 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

There are interior doors, though. Both bedrooms have bathrooms attached with their own doors and there's a bathroom downstairs that has a door. Plus it worked fine for a few days. Actually, I think it started once they did a load of laundry. I'm thinking it might be caused by the laundry system, so I'm deleting the washers, dryers and hampers from all the houses and I'll probably just clone the two sims and delete the originals.
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: