More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 May 02, 01:59:52

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6513 Members
Latest Member: Linnie
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  Daily Gardner
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Daily Gardner  (Read 7301 times)
Meek_Monkey
Feckless Fool

View Profile
Daily Gardner
« on: 2005 December 21, 02:08:10 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Does anyone still use this I havent been as I phone the gardner It still tells me he/she will come every three days. Does it just say that and come everyday or not.
jennydeenyc
Exasperating Eyesore

what're YOU lookin' at?

View Profile
Re: Daily Gardner
« Reply #1 on: 2005 December 21, 02:24:37 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I'm using it. The dialog language has been left at 3 days but the gardener will still come every day. Just be sure to hire your gardener after installing the hack.
Meek_Monkey
Feckless Fool

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2005 December 21, 02:27:32 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I dint realise that as it siad come every three days so I canceled the gardener.
Duchess
gali
Crazy Lollipop
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2005 December 21, 07:16:07 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I use it very long time successfully. The gardener comes every day.
Gwill
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2005 December 21, 09:10:06 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

As far as I remembered from TFM the dialog was supposed to have changed, so I was a bit confused too.
I had to fire my original gardener to get it to work.

Dibs on Darth Telligent!
INTJ bordering on P
Want to know where babies come from?
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2005 December 21, 13:37:03 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Updating the text was dropped because of high potential for conflicts in the future, so keeping it code only, given how localized the gardener scheduling is, makes it much more likely that this will continue to function for the indefinite future.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
ZephyrZodiac
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2005 December 21, 16:04:46 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Strange thing I've noticed, though, is the hood I'm playing now never had a daily gardener before, but the normal gardener keeps arriving and saying your plants are in perfect condition, then leaves before a sim has the chance to fire him/her.  But the plants are nearly dead and the shrubs are definitely in need of a trim.

Zephyr Zodiac
Torkle
Corpulent Cretin

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 2005 December 21, 16:10:00 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Strange thing I've noticed, though, is the hood I'm playing now never had a daily gardener before, but the normal gardener keeps arriving and saying your plants are in perfect condition, then leaves before a sim has the chance to fire him/her.  But the plants are nearly dead and the shrubs are definitely in need of a trim.

Yep - I had that happen when I first installed the Daily Gardner.  You've got to fire the regular gardner and re-hire a new daily one.  But yes, you've got to be quick to catch the original before she drives off.

---
Torkle
Ellatrue
Terrible Twerp

ENFP, by popular request.

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 2005 December 21, 16:47:08 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

you could always try fencing them off and waiting for them to die. I had that problem in the original sims 1 game, and I can tell you, sometimes violence IS the answer.

nectere
Heretic
Retarded Reprobate

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 2005 December 21, 16:49:08 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Wouldnt you just take out the mod, then fire the gardner, replace the mod and hire a new one? Or perhaps if even that doesnt work try teleporting the gardener to the lot and then firing him/her and replacing the mod.

I must be missing something here, sorry if this seems obvious and you have already tried it.
uaintjak
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 2005 December 21, 18:31:04 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Can't you fire them over the phone?
Karen
Malodorous Moron

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 2005 December 21, 19:01:08 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Can't you fire them over the phone?

No, if you have a gardener already, the Call Service...Gardener option doesn't appear on the phone.  Same for the maid.  You have to fire them in person.

Karen
ZephyrZodiac
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 2005 December 21, 19:43:43 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I'm not really worried, there aren't many plants yet, and the gardener did finally decide to do some work.  So I'll just wait until there are too many plants for one day, then fire her.  I just thought it was odd, so many things when you first load a lot after installing NL seem to be wierd, like one of my sims got out of the hot tub and walked around in the buff for about half a sim hour before suddenly realising - and if sims could blush, I'm sure he would have!  He definitely dropped his hands to cover the "naughty bits" (if he had any) before doing a twirl and getting dressed!

Zephyr Zodiac
Ancient Sim
Dead Member

Back from the dead ...

View Profile WWW
« Reply #13 on: 2005 December 24, 23:53:35 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I'm having a terrible problem on certain lots where I have cars parked outside on the road.  The gardener comes and immediately I get an error, so I have to delete them, because if I reset them they just become visitors and another gardener appears.  If I dismiss them, they go but another still appears.  I don't have the Daily Gardener in anymore, but these are lots where I once had it so the gardeners are still coming everyday.  The error only comes when all the cars are on the road, not when the Sims are at work, although the maid, nanny, taxis and repairmen have no problem, so I do wonder if it's connected to the mod having once been in play.  I suppose the only answer is to move them out and bulldoze the lot, presuming the mod only affects the lot and not the family.

Some favourite Sim thingies:  Film:  Lord of the Sims; Song: Losing My Sim by SIM; Book: Interview With the Sim by Sim Rice; Smell: Fried Simions; Colour: Simple.
ZephyrZodiac
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: 2005 December 24, 23:59:02 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Have you tried firing the gardener?

Zephyr Zodiac
Duchess
gali
Crazy Lollipop
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: 2005 December 24, 23:59:40 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I'm having a terrible problem on certain lots where I have cars parked outside on the road.  The gardener comes and immediately I get an error, so I have to delete them, because if I reset them they just become visitors and another gardener appears.  If I dismiss them, they go but another still appears.  I don't have the Daily Gardener in anymore, but these are lots where I once had it so the gardeners are still coming everyday.  The error only comes when all the cars are on the road, not when the Sims are at work, although the maid, nanny, taxis and repairmen have no problem, so I do wonder if it's connected to the mod having once been in play.  I suppose the only answer is to move them out and bulldoze the lot, presuming the mod only affects the lot and not the family.

Ancient, you have to fire  the gardener at the lots he came every day before, and hire a new one. The simulator is confused, because you deleted the hack, but still maintain the "everyday gardener" that doesn't exist anymore.
ZephyrZodiac
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: 2005 December 25, 00:07:14 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Great minds think alike, eh, Gali?  It's like the reverse of the gardener spam you used to get!

Zephyr Zodiac
Ancient Sim
Dead Member

Back from the dead ...

View Profile WWW
« Reply #17 on: 2005 December 25, 00:17:58 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Yes, I clicked on "End Services" (I meant to say that instead of Dismiss, although I've done both), but still a new gardener appeared straightaway.  They keep coming all day until it reaches the time when they no longer start their shift.   At one time I had about 6 new gardeners spawned that I had to delete.  It always seems to be Ericka Japaylan (or whatever her name is) who starts it all off and she keeps grabbing the newspaper and disappearing inside with it. 

Some favourite Sim thingies:  Film:  Lord of the Sims; Song: Losing My Sim by SIM; Book: Interview With the Sim by Sim Rice; Smell: Fried Simions; Colour: Simple.
ZephyrZodiac
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: 2005 December 25, 00:25:29 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Well, in that case it must be caused by having your cars on the road.  so, I would say your only option is to either have a normal driveway, if room, (it will work if a corner is actuallly stuck under the house) or no cars on that lot.

Zephyr Zodiac
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: