More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 May 06, 21:16:56

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540274 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6513 Members
Latest Member: Linnie
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  Planet K 20X6
| | |-+  The Email Challenge...Because Those Other Challenges Are Boring And For Wusses!
0 Members and 2 Chinese Bots are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 11 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: The Email Challenge...Because Those Other Challenges Are Boring And For Wusses!  (Read 191129 times)
JoanE
Corpulent Cretin

View Profile
Re: The Email Challenge...Because Those Other Challenges Are Boring And For Wusses!
« Reply #50 on: 2005 August 03, 06:24:12 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Nice going reg, I'm going to start another one. I think I'll make Julie's dreams come true, and actually let her have the toilet of her dreams. But no walls still. Funny how a Sim gets used to the open-air life. isn't it? They hate going to parties and things where there are walls, they tend to drift outside at the first oppertunity. Smiley
SimsHost
Corpulent Cretin

View Profile
Re: The Email Challenge...Because Those Other Challenges Are Boring And For Wusses!
« Reply #51 on: 2005 August 04, 23:31:12 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Amusing story. But actually, it's not true that your sim cannot use a toilet while being an uncontrolled visitor at another lot. That's not actually in the ruleset, since your sim isn't controllable, and thus you don't really influence this.

I don't think this would affect the basic challenge play anyway.  Your visiting email sim can leave a neighbor's lot totally refreshed or totally wasted, but the next time you enter the email lot the sim will have exactly the same motive levels as the last time you saved the lot.
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #52 on: 2005 August 05, 02:37:06 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I don't think this would affect the basic challenge play anyway.  Your visiting email sim can leave a neighbor's lot totally refreshed or totally wasted, but the next time you enter the email lot the sim will have exactly the same motive levels as the last time you saved the lot.
That's why I'm saying that's not in the ruleset. You don't need to worry about what your sims do when you're not playing them.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
sasha
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #53 on: 2005 August 06, 06:38:17 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Howdy
yep I'm new here... actually new to the whole sims thing period but I caught on quick and when J.M.  stuff disappered from MTS2 I found him quick.

Just to state the haaaz thread about J.M. being banned from VS was very entertaining I read it last night when I should have went to bed.

Okay get to the point this challenge well I'm not doing so hot in the hole 1500 yep 3 accidents.  I read this before I started and people said shower and bushes can prevent the accidents, well I have yet to see that.  I started out with single male, leo, knowledge aspiration, and LTW is to be criminal mastermind.

For anyone who is intrested here is the beginning of the story... love this challenge b/c it is a challenge!

http://thesims2.ea.com/exchange/story_detail.php?asset_id=46494
« Last Edit: 2005 August 06, 07:44:08 by sasha » Logged

sasha

Whoever said it is better to love than to never have loved at all never had the good fortune to the love the people I have loved!
reggikko
Axe Murderer
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #54 on: 2005 August 06, 09:06:52 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Okay get to the point this challenge well I'm not doing so hot in the hole 1500 yep 3 accidents.  I read this before I started and people said shower and bushes can prevent the accidents, well I have yet to see that.  I started out with single male, leo, knowledge aspiration, and LTW is to be criminal mastermind.

I noticed you have one of the tub/shower combinations. They won't pee in those, only the shower stalls. How I got my Sim to use the bushes is that I let his bladder get really low and then I cancelled everything that came up in his queue until he went and peed. After that, when their bladder gets low enough, you can click on the bush to use it. My kids and now my elder founder will not pee on bushes, but they all pee on the money trees. Good luck with it!
sasha
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #55 on: 2005 August 07, 11:46:01 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Thanks for the tip about the bushes.  As far as the shower stall thing I sold of the bath/shower combo and got a cheap shower stall thinking that might be a problem.

sasha

Whoever said it is better to love than to never have loved at all never had the good fortune to the love the people I have loved!
reggikko
Axe Murderer
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #56 on: 2005 August 08, 18:08:34 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Chapter 2 of my Email Challenge is up.

http://thesims2.ea.com/exchange/story_detail.php?asset_id=46837

The twins grew up, went to college and are now back at home. Still a perfect score!
Baroness
Katze
Lipless Loser

View Profile
« Reply #57 on: 2005 August 09, 03:30:33 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Chapter 2 of my Email Challenge is up.

http://thesims2.ea.com/exchange/story_detail.php?asset_id=46837

The twins grew up, went to college and are now back at home. Still a perfect score!
I love your story they always make me laugh haven't played the e-mail challege for a while was to busy with work, can't wait for your next chapter.

"The weak can never forgive. Forgiveness is the attribute of  
the strong."  
     ---Gandhi
Duchess
gali
Crazy Lollipop
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #58 on: 2005 August 09, 05:08:55 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Very amusing story, reggikko - will he marry the cow? Waiting for chapter 3...Smiley.
reggikko
Axe Murderer
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #59 on: 2005 August 09, 12:21:01 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Very amusing story, reggikko - will he marry the cow? Waiting for chapter 3...Smiley.

Heh-heh. Wait until you see what happens next. Woe is me!
Kitiara
Lipless Loser

boolprop IQTestingEnabledTrue

View Profile
Re: The Email Challenge...Because Those Other Challenges Are Boring And For Wuss
« Reply #60 on: 2005 August 09, 14:02:11 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I have finally gotten up enough guts to start this challenge. Reggikko, your stories have inspired me.

I would like to ease the minds of anyone that thinks that I am ignoring them. You are not paranoid.
I am not normal. I have never met a normal person. I disbelieve in such mythical creatures.
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #61 on: 2005 August 09, 16:53:36 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Heh-heh. Wait until you see what happens next. Woe is me!
You wrecked your perfect score again?

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
sasha
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #62 on: 2005 August 13, 18:08:22 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Well I guess I am a wussie because I am having much problems with this challenge.  I can't get my sim to use the shower, bush, or money tree.  I did figure out that meditation will stop everything, but darn it I want him to pee in the shower.  I got other sims that do it all the freakin time on there own and I really don't have to pee.  So what is the secret to this?

My updated score is -2500

sasha

J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #63 on: 2005 August 13, 18:28:21 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

So when do we hear the rest of the Reggikko story?

SimsHost
Corpulent Cretin

View Profile
« Reply #64 on: 2005 August 13, 20:20:10 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Well I guess I am a wussie because I am having much problems with this challenge.  I can't get my sim to use the shower, bush, or money tree.  I did figure out that meditation will stop everything, but darn it I want him to pee in the shower.  I got other sims that do it all the freakin time on there own and I really don't have to pee.  So what is the secret to this?

My updated score is -2500

Could it be that your sim's Neatness rating is too high to use the bush or the shower?
reggikko
Axe Murderer
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #65 on: 2005 August 13, 23:27:22 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Next on my list. I've been updating legacies. It's been hard to go back to the lot since my heartbreaking defeat!
sasha
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #66 on: 2005 August 14, 20:53:57 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Could it be that your sim's Neatness rating is too high to use the bush or the shower?

is 2, to high?

sasha

SimsHost
Corpulent Cretin

View Profile
« Reply #67 on: 2005 August 15, 04:44:55 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

A neatness rating of 2 is pretty much downright disgusting, so I'd guess that that's not the source of the problem.
dizzy
Souped!

unplugged

View Profile
Re: The Email Challenge...Because Those Other Challenges Are Boring And For Wuss
« Reply #68 on: 2005 August 15, 08:15:30 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Actually, to "use" a shrub, you need outgoing > 900 or active < 100 (and to be male). Neatness < 100 affects whether you can "use" a shower.

sasha
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #69 on: 2005 August 15, 09:57:30 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Actually, to "use" a shrub, you need outgoing > 900 or active < 100 (and to be male). Neatness < 100 affects whether you can "use" a shower.

I am pretty sure I am pretty maxed in the outgoing part but I will check that.  As far as the neatness thing are you saying it has to be 1 or less to use the shower? 

Darn darn I'm not giving up...guess just have to meditate, meditate, meditate. 
Does the outgoing part work for a guy using a money tree too?
Thanks everyone for the help just figued the damn sim was screwin w/ me just b/c it someone how knew it was part of a challenge.   Embarrassed

sasha

dizzy
Souped!

unplugged

View Profile
« Reply #70 on: 2005 August 15, 13:42:17 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Less than 1, actually. Preferably 0.  Grin

Baroness
Katze
Lipless Loser

View Profile
« Reply #71 on: 2005 August 15, 13:54:03 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Next on my list. I've been updating legacies. It's been hard to go back to the lot since my heartbreaking defeat!
Don't feel bad on my second challenge I'm at -500 stupid founders wife peed herself the day before she died thaught she was save on her way to work but she missed the car pool, there she was standing on the side walk peeing I could have smacked her.
Had her meditating all night and she misses the stupid car pool, gave her enough time to get there but those elders walk like snails.
I wish someone would make a mod to get them moving faster.

the strong."  
     ---Gandhi
Oddysey
Nitwitted Nuisance

Robotic Baby Harp Seal!

View Profile
« Reply #72 on: 2005 August 15, 15:08:48 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Faster than a speeding . . . er . . . something very slow.
Stronger than anyone in the household when it comes to withstanding their shower screeching!
Able to make it to the bathroom without peeing on the floor!

Super elder, to the rescue!

Maybe being Captain Hero would allow them to move fast enough to be useful?
SimsHost
Corpulent Cretin

View Profile
« Reply #73 on: 2005 August 16, 02:50:21 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

So your has to be either a boor or a slug.  No wonder I could never get anywhere with this one!  I encourage my sims to be as active as they can get, and boorishness is a capital offense in my game.
Baroness
Katze
Lipless Loser

View Profile
« Reply #74 on: 2005 August 16, 11:02:10 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

So your has to be either a boor or a slug.  No wonder I could never get anywhere with this one!  I encourage my sims to be as active as they can get, and boorishness is a capital offense in my game.

I have my males 10 outgoing 10 active and zero neat and the use the scrub or money tree never had any trouble with them, its the women that cause all the trouble specially the elders they have to pee all the time and they are so slow moving.

the strong."  
     ---Gandhi
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 11 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: