More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 May 06, 21:42:15

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540274 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6513 Members
Latest Member: Linnie
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  Planet K 20X6
| | |-+  The Email Challenge...Because Those Other Challenges Are Boring And For Wusses!
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 11 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: The Email Challenge...Because Those Other Challenges Are Boring And For Wusses!  (Read 191129 times)
kewian
Great White Whale
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
Re: The Email Challenge...Because Those Other Challenges Are Boring And For Wusses!
« Reply #175 on: 2005 December 03, 06:01:51 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Thanks to the email challenge..Im in the middle of my very first burglary.  Ive had this game over a year and no burgulars and place one domestic situation with no walls or toilet and this is what you get!.. hee hee  ... I was just bitching about it earlier and now this..... This is too funny. The music freaked me out..never heard it before. 

BlueSoup
Super-Deformed Bobblehead
Vacuous Vegetable

View Profile
Re: The Email Challenge...Because Those Other Challenges Are Boring And For Wusses!
« Reply #176 on: 2005 December 03, 06:05:10 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

You've never had a burglary?  Wow, that is amazing.  I get them all the time!

Although, email is different because I took a page out of Pescado's book and I have someone awake at all times now. 
kewian
Great White Whale
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #177 on: 2005 December 03, 06:13:39 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

never had one... I guess it was just too much for my game and it sensed stupidity and sent me one..and this one was a real dork.. Dumb look on her face as she took the stuff.... crap..he had just saved some money too...grrr...

BlueSoup
Vacuous Vegetable

View Profile
« Reply #178 on: 2005 December 03, 06:16:09 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Well, you lost the challenge.  Are you going to start again?
kewian
Great White Whale
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #179 on: 2005 December 03, 06:46:38 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

omg...youre right!!! damn it.. this was probably the quickest one yet...shit!!!  It was going so well ...damn it he just had a dream date and got engaged...lyes I suppose I will have to.....FAD......the one time I dont want a burgular and it shows up..but you cant put up an alarm......augh!!!..Well he ought to love this scenario....*kicks computer.... now it gives me a burgular.

reggikko
Axe Murderer
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #180 on: 2005 December 03, 19:51:43 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Reggikko uses stealthy means to avoid this issue.  Wink Poor Kewian!
Baroness
Katze
Lipless Loser

View Profile
« Reply #181 on: 2005 December 03, 20:54:08 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Kewian you not alone I lost one like that too, next time put a car on the lot with a burglar alarm on and that should stop the thief.  Smiley

"The weak can never forgive. Forgiveness is the attribute of  
the strong."  
     ---Gandhi
kewian
Great White Whale
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #182 on: 2005 December 03, 21:17:02 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

hee hee  he couldnt afford a car.... and the money he got didnt even cover what he lost...augh..oh well back to t he sim bin for him.....Niina would have made a bad wife anyway..

vecki
Querulous Quidnunc

Moar Average Than You

View Profile
« Reply #183 on: 2005 December 07, 03:42:42 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

"How exactly does a sim REFUSE to talk to the headmaster? You clicked on the headmaster and chose "Talk", right?"

Yep.  Repeatedly.  It dropped out of his queue every time.

That happened to me once.  It was like playing Sim Chasie with him.  Nobody could interact with the HM after the tour.  Not to talk, Schmooze, Call for Dinner, or anything.

<insert witty comment here>
BlueSoup
Vacuous Vegetable

View Profile
« Reply #184 on: 2005 December 08, 07:38:39 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Why is it when you least want twins, you get them?  Undecided

I started another E-Mail lot, in addition to my first one, and I waited until the appropriate time for my founding lady, Morticia, to conceive a child.   She did, and then 3 days and 3 hours later, she gave birth to TWINS!  Arggghhh....

Meet Morticia, holding Wednesday:

And Pugsley:

(If you're wondering about the lighting, it's the Radiance lighting mod, from Gunmod).
Marchioness
rohina
Horny Turkey
Grammar Police

"So MEAN!"

View Profile
Re: The Email Challenge...Because Those Other Challenges Are Boring And For Wuss
« Reply #185 on: 2005 December 08, 21:39:01 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I finally got another chapter of my email story up.
http://thesims2.ea.com/mysimpage/mysimpage.php?user_id=797212

Emma
Goopy Lover
Dead Member

All Pescados Suck.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #186 on: 2005 December 10, 23:38:15 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I think I'm going to try this challenge...looks pretty hard though! Mind you I suppose that's why it is called a 'challenge'  Roll Eyes

Rascal
Corpulent Cretin

Most Awesome Cat - RIP

View Profile
« Reply #187 on: 2005 December 12, 19:53:09 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I loved your story Rohina.   Grin You've done so well to keep it interesting for so long - I'm afraid I've gotten bored with my constantly meditating elders and haven't played them for a while.
reggikko
Axe Murderer
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #188 on: 2005 December 12, 23:28:56 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I loved your story Rohina.   Grin You've done so well to keep it interesting for so long - I'm afraid I've gotten bored with my constantly meditating elders and haven't played them for a while.

That's my problem, too, Rascal. I am close to the end, but it is soooooo boring. Work, meditate, rinse, repeat.
BlueSoup
Vacuous Vegetable

View Profile
« Reply #189 on: 2005 December 12, 23:30:04 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Just gotta push through, Reg.  So close now...
Marchioness
rohina
Horny Turkey
Grammar Police

"So MEAN!"

View Profile
Re: The Email Challenge...Because Those Other Challenges Are Boring And For Wuss
« Reply #190 on: 2005 December 12, 23:36:09 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I have boring elders in who just float, go to work and f***, but I have all those other crazy sims running around, so it isn't boring. Only 95 more essays and 80-something exams, and then I can do the next chapter.

Rascal
Corpulent Cretin

Most Awesome Cat - RIP

View Profile
« Reply #191 on: 2005 December 14, 02:47:04 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Only 95 more essays and 80-something exams, and then I can do the next chapter.
  LOL!  Now I'm glad I don't have Uni!
Marchioness
rohina
Horny Turkey
Grammar Police

"So MEAN!"

View Profile
« Reply #192 on: 2005 December 15, 01:34:39 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Yes, but in Uni, you don't get to play the Professor, anyway.

Torkle
Corpulent Cretin

View Profile
« Reply #193 on: 2005 December 18, 04:13:05 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Objective: Finish a complete sim lifecycle from birth to death of the first generation

Automatically lose if no sims are in play at the end of the challenge

I need a clarification here - If your founder was a single mother and is long since dead and buried and finally the legacy heir dies of old age without ever marrying or having kids, did you complete the challenge successfully or lose automatically?

---
Torkle
Zeljka
Knuckleheaded Knob

View Profile
« Reply #194 on: 2005 December 19, 01:07:46 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

You need a live Sim on the lot (third generation)

Heir needs to produce at least one offspring, or that was my interpretation anyway...

Remember first that the greatest inequality is to treat unequal things equally
Kyna
Terrible Twerp

An ass with great insight

View Profile
« Reply #195 on: 2005 December 19, 01:32:33 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Have you considered marrying your sim on the last day of his or her life? 

Then there'd be a sim in play when the first generation dies off.

<br />Also, thank god for Google spellcheck. Otherwise, this post would be intelligible. <br />
<br />Declared \\\\\\\"Male\\\\\\\" by Pescado on 8th April, 2009
Muisie
Corpulent Cretin

View Profile WWW
« Reply #196 on: 2005 December 20, 20:59:56 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

BlueSoup, did you survive the twins?  Post your story!
BlueSoup
Vacuous Vegetable

View Profile
« Reply #197 on: 2005 December 20, 21:14:56 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

BlueSoup, did you survive the twins?  Post your story!

Actually, after I had the twins, I haven't been back to the lot.  I'm playing the families in rotation, and with all the new MATY Sims being added to the neighbourhood, it's hard to get back to them.  At some point, though, I'm going to just have to say enough, and stop adding more Self-Sims.
dmchess
Corpulent Cretin

Zim

View Profile WWW
« Reply #198 on: 2005 December 21, 04:18:07 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I finally got another chapter of my email story up.
http://thesims2.ea.com/mysimpage/mysimpage.php?user_id=797212
That's a great story!  The lots (and for that matter the characters) all look so (what?) so surreal.  And the Inner Cow bit was great.  *8)  And the final snapshot. 

And mostly there's so much more going on in your story than I had imagined just from reading the email rules.  I figured it'd just be like a nearly empty lot with no more than about three people alive on it at once just waiting for each other to die.  You've made it very crowded and complex and wierd.  And of course that's good. *8)
Marchioness
rohina
Horny Turkey
Grammar Police

"So MEAN!"

View Profile
« Reply #199 on: 2005 December 22, 00:16:03 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I think it is because I have never been able to play just one lot in a neighbourhood. I like the interactions between households so much, I just can't stick to one email family on one lot.

Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 11 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: