More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 May 06, 18:09:47

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540274 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6513 Members
Latest Member: Linnie
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  Planet K 20X6
| | |-+  The Email Challenge...Because Those Other Challenges Are Boring And For Wusses!
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 11 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: The Email Challenge...Because Those Other Challenges Are Boring And For Wusses!  (Read 191123 times)
Rascal
Corpulent Cretin

Most Awesome Cat - RIP

View Profile
Re: The Email Challenge...Because Those Other Challenges Are Boring And For Wusses!
« Reply #150 on: 2005 November 09, 06:52:09 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

"How exactly does a sim REFUSE to talk to the headmaster? You clicked on the headmaster and chose "Talk", right?"

Yep.  Repeatedly.  It dropped out of his queue every time.
« Last Edit: 2005 November 09, 06:59:22 by Rascal » Logged
Zeljka
Knuckleheaded Knob

View Profile
Re: The Email Challenge...Because Those Other Challenges Are Boring And For Wusses!
« Reply #151 on: 2005 November 09, 07:52:41 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

wow, I've never had the nerve to let my emailers eat with the headmaster, I'm always afraid that their horrible table manners will put him off. I usually have the most charismatic greet and tour him, while the other is cooking, call him to dinner and send everyone else far far away, leaving only whichever one parent impressed him more to accompany him for the meal. (usually sit only, no eating)

I've heard they like to pee on the Slacker reward plants though I've never seen it myself, it may be worth a try?

Remember first that the greatest inequality is to treat unequal things equally
Rascal
Corpulent Cretin

Most Awesome Cat - RIP

View Profile
« Reply #152 on: 2005 November 09, 11:15:05 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

wow, I've never had the nerve to let my emailers eat with the headmaster, I'm always afraid that their horrible table manners will put him off. I usually have the most charismatic greet and tour him, while the other is cooking, call him to dinner and send everyone else far far away, leaving only whichever one parent impressed him more to accompany him for the meal. (usually sit only, no eating)

I've heard they like to pee on the Slacker reward plants though I've never seen it myself, it may be worth a try?

It didn't seem to bother him at all. It was quite funny to watch though, my family bolted their meals down as usual then I had Tamara clean up and go play the piano and Zane just sit there while the headmaster finished his meal.  It took him ages to finish.

Reggikko said that some of her kids wouldn't use the bushes but did as teens so hopefully that will be true in Zak's case.

The twins are toddlers now and due to grow up in 2 days.  Poor old Tamara is back to using the energiser constantly to keep up with them (and I wish I could use the jolly thing - I'm exhusted!)  Just to make things even more interesting the girl twin (Averil) has 7 Neat points!
Zeljka
Knuckleheaded Knob

View Profile
« Reply #153 on: 2005 November 09, 19:41:00 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

That whole twin thing sort of boggles my mind. I have twojeffs tripletsquad mod, but in challenges I pick 'original' and of 3 e-mail families, two have had sets of twins!
I've also had a non-cheat abduction (which resulted in alien twins, filled everyone's slot with unsatisfyable abduction wants and ruined my adult male from peeing on shrubs) always the worst timing.

Baroness
Katze
Lipless Loser

View Profile
« Reply #154 on: 2005 November 11, 13:56:02 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

MY perfect score went down the drain stupid burglar took a dresser, he arrived at 10:30 pm anyone else had him come so early usally I had the burglars arrive around 2 am.

"The weak can never forgive. Forgiveness is the attribute of  
the strong."  
     ---Gandhi
Rascal
Corpulent Cretin

Most Awesome Cat - RIP

View Profile
« Reply #155 on: 2005 November 12, 09:32:58 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Oh Katze - what a shame!   Embarrassed
BlueSoup
Super-Deformed Bobblehead
Vacuous Vegetable

View Profile
« Reply #156 on: 2005 November 20, 02:31:32 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Well, Pescado has died - in permanant platinum, and as a cranky old curmudgeon.  May he rest in peace.  Well, not peace, but he better not be as bitter a ghost as he was a Sim.
Andygal
Deformed Freak
Nitwitted Nuisance

Now with new and improved avatar!

View Profile
Re: The Email Challenge...Because Those Other Challenges Are Boring And For Wuss
« Reply #157 on: 2005 November 20, 03:06:49 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Well, Pescado has died - in permanant platinum, and as a cranky old curmudgeon.  May he rest in peace.  Well, not peace, but he better not be as bitter a ghost as he was a Sim.

Fat chance.
Countess
baratron
Heretic
Knuckleheaded Knob

I love Pokemon! Thus I am a Heretic!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #158 on: 2005 November 21, 01:51:44 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Well, Pescado has died - in permanant platinum, and as a cranky old curmudgeon. 

?!! Shocked

May he rest in peace.  Well, not peace, but he better not be as bitter a ghost as he was a Sim.

Oh. SimPescado has died. Phew! Don't do that to me - my nerves can't take it!

* Pescado is batshit crazy, and thus it's not safe to say what he could or would do. Tongue

Pescado: You're a weird and freaky Baratron.
Pescado: Also, all Baratrons suck.

Read my Sims 2 stories!
BlueSoup
Vacuous Vegetable

View Profile
« Reply #159 on: 2005 November 21, 01:55:16 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Well, I have been posting that my E-Mail challenge Sim was named Pescado....but sorry, I will make it more clear next time I refer to him.

It's hard to admit, but he was one of my favourite Sims - I learned to like the grouchy Sims from that one.

I downloaded the Sims I made, and then I made him as the first character in a new neighbourhood.  I placed him, and then went to create and play a new family, and what was the first thing he did?  Steal the man's newspaper when he went off to work!  Cheesy
Rascal
Corpulent Cretin

Most Awesome Cat - RIP

View Profile
« Reply #160 on: 2005 November 22, 19:58:24 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I haven't got round to updating my story (you could probably tell from the first one that stories aren't really my thing Undecided).  All the kids are now teens and Zane and Tamara are due to turn into elder's today.  So far so good.  I grew Averil up the morning of her birthday so I could spend the whole day having her Mum and Dad encourage her neatness points away.  Very tedious but it did the trick.  Zak turned out rather cute so I made him romance.  Dylan is fortune (for no particular reason) and Averil is knowledge because she has managed to retain her stuck smart milk all the way to her teens.  Zak has fallen for my Legacy heiress, Chelsea (also romance).  Normally I would be planning the wedding by now, but they can't marry (against the rules of both challenges).  I might just let them have a child together though since they're both very cute.  Dylan wouldn't use the bushes as a child either, but both boys do as teens.  I am anxiously waiting to see if Zane is going to go all shy on me in his old age.  I have yet to throw a party (I suck at parties) but I think I will for Zane and Tamara's birthday.  (If you never hear anything more from me it will be because I'm too embarassed to tell you I ruined a perfect score with a lousy party!)
nectere
Heretic
Retarded Reprobate

View Profile
« Reply #161 on: 2005 November 23, 20:40:18 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

8. Time-sync must be maintained if anyone goes to Uni. You may play no more than 1 day on the main lot per year of Uni.

I am confused by this statement. Time snyc must be maintained with the email lot? But you can only play one day per uni year? Just what is time sync? I have seen it on the college clock but I dont know what it does because when I click on it nothing happens.
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #162 on: 2005 November 23, 21:49:12 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Time-sync is the practice of making sure your neighborhood doesn't age out of sequence. Uni-time is greatly exploded in comparison to regular neighborhood time, so a day of Uni is not equivalent to a day in your regular neighborhood, and better ratio is roughly around 3-4 days per 8 semesters.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
Elvie
Feckless Fool

View Profile
Re: The Email Challenge...Because Those Other Challenges Are Boring And For Wuss
« Reply #163 on: 2005 November 29, 01:14:23 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Sims with fewer than 2 neat points make HUGE puddles when they take showers, and they won't pee in the shower if they have 2 or more neat points.

How do you deal with the puddles?  They take forever to clean up and put the environment score in the red.  Plus, I can't make Sims clean them up if the shower is on the grass - I have to put floor tiles around the shower or else the puddles are unselectable.

Regardless, I love this challenge.

J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #164 on: 2005 November 29, 01:29:20 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

How do you deal with the puddles?  They take forever to clean up and put the environment score in the red.  Plus, I can't make Sims clean them up if the shower is on the grass - I have to put floor tiles around the shower or else the puddles are unselectable.
So put floor tiles. Floors are not forbidden, only walls.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
Elvie
Feckless Fool

View Profile
« Reply #165 on: 2005 November 29, 01:49:52 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I guess I was just looking for a magic solution to my puddle problem.  If I were a Sim, I'd be extremely lazy  Wink
BlueSoup
Vacuous Vegetable

View Profile
« Reply #166 on: 2005 November 29, 01:50:50 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

There is a solution.  However, I will let you figure it out for yourself.  Wink
Zeljka
Knuckleheaded Knob

View Profile
« Reply #167 on: 2005 November 29, 02:06:09 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

There is a solution.  However, I will let you figure it out for yourself.  Wink

oh, and here I was ready to type it out...

Marchioness
rohina
Horny Turkey
Grammar Police

"So MEAN!"

View Profile
« Reply #168 on: 2005 November 29, 02:10:30 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

If you are really lazy, you can put fencing around the shower area, which stops the spread of the puddle, too. If you make a small bathroom, then you limit the mopping. Or you can hire a maid and have her do it, or have kids and have them do it.

Elvie
Feckless Fool

View Profile
« Reply #169 on: 2005 November 29, 02:18:55 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I like the fencing idea - thanks!  Grin 
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #170 on: 2005 November 29, 03:34:36 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

If you are really lazy, you can put fencing around the shower area, which stops the spread of the puddle, too. If you make a small bathroom, then you limit the mopping. Or you can hire a maid and have her do it, or have kids and have them do it.
If you have kids and make them splash in it, this reduces their hygiene level.

Marchioness
rohina
Horny Turkey
Grammar Police

"So MEAN!"

View Profile
« Reply #171 on: 2005 November 29, 04:30:58 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I prefer them to rummage in the trash because of the cash bonus.

J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #172 on: 2005 November 29, 11:39:37 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Rummaging in the trash carries the risk of disease....Reggikko has found that this can be very, very bad, oh yes.

Marchioness
rohina
Horny Turkey
Grammar Police

"So MEAN!"

View Profile
« Reply #173 on: 2005 November 29, 19:05:16 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I'm thinking some of my annoying emailers could really benefit from a plague in the neighbourhood. Except the mysterious choking death was supposedly erradicated by the patch.

reggikko
Axe Murderer
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #174 on: 2005 November 29, 22:57:30 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Rummaging in the trash carries the risk of disease....Reggikko has found that this can be very, very bad, oh yes.

Yes, but my Sim got sick at work. I've never tried the trash rummaging.
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 11 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: